Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Results 1 to 25 of 25
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground
     
    The-Mage-King's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Central Florida, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default As a matter of fact, I DO have enough weapons in stock! [3.5] [PrC]

    Keeper of the King's Vault

    *Insert Epic Pic*

    "The things we cannot obtain are the most beautiful ones..."
    -Unknown Keeper of the King's Vault

    Eons ago, when the world was young, there once ruled a great king. Being the king, he felt he had the right to own EVERYTHING, and was for the most part correct. Be it through being given it as a gift, obtaining it through cunning, or prying it from the dead hand of its owner, this king had acquired a great hoard of magical treasure.

    Naturally, the king grew jealous of his fortune, and spent decades in an attempt to find a way to store it reliably, and without letting others near it. Eventually, he stumbled upon the idea of using extradimensional spaces, and eventually crafted himself one of his own, kept sealed by a sword forged with the metal of the key to the city he ruled from.

    Millennia passed, with the king fading into obscurity, until one adventurer, researching an ancient blade he had found while exploring an abandoned palace, stumbled upon the tales of him, and set out to recreate his abilities.

    That adventurer was the first Keeper of the King's Vault.


    Prerequisites
    Unlike normal Prestige Classes, the Keeper of the King's Vault Prestige Class has increasingly difficult requirements to advance in it as a character gains levels.

    To qualify to become a 1st level Keeper of the King's Vault, a character must meet these prerequisites.
    Skills: Any skill 8 ranks, Spellcraft 4 ranks, and Appraise 4 ranks OR Knowledge (History) 4 ranks
    Feats: Improved Encumbrance (Dragon Magazine 292), Quick Draw
    Special: Must have a hoard consisting of at least 10,000 gp worth of items obtained through force of arms, cunning, or as gifts, at least half of which must be magical.

    To qualify to become a 4th level Keeper of the King's Vault, a character must meet these prerequisites.
    Skills: Any skill 13 ranks, Spellcraft 13 ranks
    Special: Must have a hoard consisting of at least 50,000 gp worth of items obtained through force of arms, cunning, or as gifts, at least 3/4ths of which must be magical.

    To qualify for the 7th level of Keeper of the King's Vault, a character must meet these prerequisites.
    Skills: Any skill 18 ranks, Spellcraft 18 ranks
    Special: Must have a hoard consisting of at least 250,000 gp worth of items obtained through force of arms, cunning, or as gifts, at least 3/4ths of which must be magical.

    HD: d8
    Class Skills: Appraise, Concentration, Gather Information, Knowledge (history),
    Use Magic Device, plus existing class skills from all previous classes.
    Skill Points: 4+Int modifier

    {table=head]Level|BAB |Fort Save |Ref Save |Will Save |Special|Class Features
    1|+0|+0|+2|+0|Focus, Dimensional Cupboard|+1 level of existing class features
    2|+1|+0|+3|+0|Quick Retrieval|—
    3|+2|+1|+3|+1|Prepared Retrieval|+1 level of existing class features
    4|+3|+1|+4|+1|Dimensional Closet|—
    5|+3|+1|+4|+1|Launch Item|+1 level of existing class features
    6|+4|+2|+5|+2|Instant Equip|—
    7|+5|+2|+5|+2|Dimensional Vault, Forgotten Relic|+1 level of existing class features[/table]


    Class Features: At every odd numbered level in this class, a Keeper of the King's Vault gains class features and an increase in effective level as if he had also gained a level in a class to which he belonged before taking the level in this prestige class. He does not gain the benefit of the previous class's Hit Die, Skill Points, Attack Bonus, or Saving Throws. If he has multiple classes other than Keeper of the King's Vault, he only gains this for one of them, of his choice.

    Focus (Su): In order to use his abilities and access his extradimensional space, a Keeper of the King's Vault requires a focus object, which must be magical in some way. If he ever loses this object, or desires spares, he may designate another item as one in a ritual that takes 8 hours. A Keeper of the King's Vault may have a maximum number of foci equal to his Charisma modifier, minimum 1. If a focus in excess of this is created, the oldest focus loses its status as a focus.

    Dimensional Cupboard (Su): A Keeper of the King's Vault of first level has uncovered the most basic of the great king's techniques. He gains access to a small extradimensional space, approximately the size of a large cupboard, referred to hereafter as his vault. This space can contain 36 cubic feet of material, with a weight capacity of 300 lbs. An opening to the cupboard can be summoned as a Standard action, and dismissed as a Move action, and the Keeper of the King's Vault's focus must be in hand to do so. Retrieving an item from his vault is a standard action. Time does not pass normally in the vault, and any items placed into it are in stasis at any time which the opening is not summoned.

    Only one opening may exist to this extradimensional space at a time- if a second is summoned, the first one closes immediately. If he moves, a Keeper of the King's Vault may move the portal to his vault so that it remains in his space as a swift action.

    If the Keeper of the King's Vault dies, his extradimensional space shatters after a number of days equal to twice his Charisma modifier (min. 2), dropping all contained in it directly over his body.

    Quick Retrieval (Su): After spending some time figuring his extradimensional space's quirks out, a Keeper of the King's Vault has figured how to make it prepare an object for his use. At 2nd level and higher, by speaking aloud the object he desires while an opening to his vault is summoned, a Keeper of the King's Vault may retrieve that item as a move action.

    Prepared Retrieval (Su): At 3rd level, a Keeper of the King's Vault has figured the correct way to quickly retrieve items from his vault in combat. By taking a move action while the portal to his vault is open, he may declare up to twice his Charisma modifier in items to be prepared for retrieval, enabling him to retrieve them as a free action while within reach of the portal, until dismissed.

    Dimensional Closet (Su): At 4th level, the amount of material a Keeper of the King's Vault can store in his vault increases. The space increases in size, becoming a 5' by 6' by 8' room (adjusted as desired, so that the ceiling could be 6' tall, while the depth is 5', and the width is 8', or any other variation), and is able to hold up to 1400 lbs of material. At this point, the space also becomes stable enough for living creatures to survive in it. If a living creature is inside the vault, the portal to it will not close, and remains where it was summoned, time passing normally inside the space. Otherwise, this ability is the same as the Dimensional Cupboard ability, and replaces it.

    Launch Item (Su): As he has nigh-mastered the art of retrieving his items from his vault, Keeper of the King's Vault of 5th level has devised a way to fire them. As a standard action, he may fire objects contained in his vault from an open portal in an effect similar to the violent thrust use of Telekinesis, as though he were a sorcerer of his character level. This may be used once every 1d4 rounds, and any objects launched with this ability reappear in his vault in 2d6 rounds, unless picked up by a creature.

    Instant Equip (Su): When a portal to his vault is summoned, a Keeper of the King's Vault of 6th level is able to instantly transfer his weapons and armor between it and his person, or at least near instantly do so. By taking a Move action while he is standing within 10 feet of a portal to his vault, he may instantly trade the armor, weapon, shield, or magical item currently held for any armor, weapon, shield, or magical item in his vault. For example, Gil, a Keeper of the King's Vault, is wearing normal clothing, and has a suit of adamantinte full plate and a chain shirt in his vault, as well as a variety of weapons. By taking a standard action, he may change the armor he is wearing to the chain shirt or full plate, as well as the weapon he is currently wielding.

    Dimensional Vault (Su): At 7th level, a Keeper of the King's Vault has mastered the techniques. His vault increases in size to have space based on his skill and power, instead of merely existing. The dimensions of his vault now are a number of feet equal to his hit dice in one dimension, a number of feet equal to his Intelligence score on another, and 8' for the third dimension. It may hold massive amounts of weight, so long as the total volume of objects does not exceed its capacity. Otherwise, this ability is the same as the Dimensional Closet ability, and replaces it.

    Forgotten Relic: Occasionally, a filthy rich person finds that they have something that they forgot about in storage. The same is true of most Keepers of the King's Vault. If a Keeper of the King's Vault stores his wealth inside his vault, he may declare himself to be remembering purchasing an item, once per day. The item instantly appears in his vault, but he loses an amount of wealth equal to 1.5 times the base purchase price of the item. If he does not have enough wealth to purchase the item at that price, this ability fails to work, but the use is not expended for the day.



    ______________


    Comments/critisims?


    Design goal was a rich jerk who takes his stuff with him.


    So an Adventurer Paragon.
    Last edited by The-Mage-King; 2012-02-03 at 09:29 PM.
    Avatar by Ceika.
    Steam account. Add me to argue about philosophy whatever!
    Advertized Homebrew: Fire Emblem 4's Holy Blood as Bloodlines
    Extended Signature.
    Using a different color of text for sarcasm is so original.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground
     
    DracoDei's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Near Atlanta,GA USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: As a matter of fact, I DO have enough weapons in stock! [3.5] [PrC]

    I approve of the concept of stepped requirements... it is something that has crossed my mind in the past.

    Where is the "Improved Encumbrance" feat found? It would be relevant to my interests due to a base class I recently posted.

    The stasis effect means you can put allies in your vault perhaps.... Other than that, Oh, wait, the Dimensional Closet ability implies otherwise, you should clarify that in the original ability. The effects of this class are a bit lack-luster at early levels, since it has a GP owned requirement, and basically gives you the effects of a Handy Haversack (which you could have spent part of your gp on) except that the haversack doesn't have a limit on the number of items that can be retrieved as move actions.

    You need rules on the size of the portal, especially if it can be used in the way of Gate (and I do NOT consider this one of the cheesy uses of that spell, given its level) to send attacks into other dimensions.

    Launch Item is ridiculous (not a bad thing necessarily), and marginally useful.
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2012-02-03 at 03:28 PM.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    bobthe6th's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Under the midnight sun
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: As a matter of fact, I DO have enough weapons in stock! [3.5] [PrC]

    Entertaing things to do:
    Open gate under water born foe. Watch as they are sucked in.

    Fill space with either water or sand, open gate over foes head.
    Avatar by Szilard, thank you sir for the fine work!

    my home brew. you should PEACH them...
    Telekineticist
    Razor
    Shield
    blasterv4
    mindbender

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground
     
    The-Mage-King's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Central Florida, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: As a matter of fact, I DO have enough weapons in stock! [3.5] [PrC]

    Quote Originally Posted by DracoDei View Post
    I approve of the concept of stepped requirements... it is something that has crossed my mind in the past.

    Where is the "Improved Encumbrance" feat found? It would be relevant to my interests due to a base class I recently posted.
    Herpaderp.

    Dragon 292. Editing in that.

    The stasis effect means you can put allies in your vault perhaps.... Other than that, Oh, wait, the Dimensional Closet ability implies otherwise, you should clarify that in the original ability. The effects of this class are a bit lack-luster at early levels, since it has a GP owned requirement, and basically gives you the effects of a Handy Haversack (which you could have spent part of your gp on) except that the haversack doesn't have a limit on the number of items that can be retrieved as move actions.
    Yeah, but it's a Haversack that can't be stolen, or easily destroyed.

    You need rules on the size of the portal, especially if it can be used in the way of Gate (and I do NOT consider this one of the cheesy uses of that spell, given its level) to send attacks into other dimensions.
    Hm.... A portal sized for a creature of your race, I think. Opinnion on that?

    Launch Item is ridiculous (not a bad thing necessarily), and marginally useful.
    Woo! Good to know.

    @Bob: Entirely reasonable, though lulzy.
    Avatar by Ceika.
    Steam account. Add me to argue about philosophy whatever!
    Advertized Homebrew: Fire Emblem 4's Holy Blood as Bloodlines
    Extended Signature.
    Using a different color of text for sarcasm is so original.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground
     
    DracoDei's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Near Atlanta,GA USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: As a matter of fact, I DO have enough weapons in stock! [3.5] [PrC]

    Add Appraise to the skills list.
    Then either add some more skills, or drop the skill points (or both).
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground
     
    The-Mage-King's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Central Florida, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: As a matter of fact, I DO have enough weapons in stock! [3.5] [PrC]

    Quote Originally Posted by DracoDei View Post
    Add Appraise to the skills list.
    Then either add some more skills, or drop the skill points (or both).
    Will do the first, and did you read the last part of the list? All previous class skills are class skills for this PrC. Should at least double the number of skills on their list.
    Avatar by Ceika.
    Steam account. Add me to argue about philosophy whatever!
    Advertized Homebrew: Fire Emblem 4's Holy Blood as Bloodlines
    Extended Signature.
    Using a different color of text for sarcasm is so original.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2011

    Default Re: As a matter of fact, I DO have enough weapons in stock! [3.5] [PrC]

    This seems ridiculously weak... you basically negate all combat potential for an (interesting) SLA, the ability to quickly retrieve items, and a *really big* bag of holding. Plus, the requirements for the class are pretty intense, since it seems to imply that you've got to intentionally hoard a significant chunk of WBL and two feats.
    You rang?

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    bobthe6th's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Under the midnight sun
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: As a matter of fact, I DO have enough weapons in stock! [3.5] [PrC]

    I think base falling damage is 1d6/25lb? First level drop a 12d6 object on a foes head. level eight thats impressive I believe...

    fourth is 56d6... and tenth is infinite damage. under powered you say?

    willing to dump gold with a expert alchemist, first level you can deal silly damage with dropped alchemist fire...
    Avatar by Szilard, thank you sir for the fine work!

    my home brew. you should PEACH them...
    Telekineticist
    Razor
    Shield
    blasterv4
    mindbender

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2011

    Default Re: As a matter of fact, I DO have enough weapons in stock! [3.5] [PrC]

    Yes, it can drop things on people, which is a DC 15 reflex save to avoid. That's not particularly amazing considering you've got no other offensive class features, and the "drop stuff on people" thing is not even really a function of this class; that's like saying it's not underpowered because it can use partially charged wands and summon Pazuzu.

    EDIT: That also implies that it actually allows objects to be dropped from portals; it isn't well explained, but if it's just an extradimensional rift, there's not really any guarantee that you can just make stuff fall out, especially since it's actually a class feature to be able to do just that.
    Last edited by PEACH; 2012-02-03 at 08:41 PM.
    You rang?

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground
     
    DracoDei's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Near Atlanta,GA USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: As a matter of fact, I DO have enough weapons in stock! [3.5] [PrC]

    Quote Originally Posted by The-Mage-King View Post
    Will do the first, and did you read the last part of the list? All previous class skills are class skills for this PrC. Should at least double the number of skills on their list.
    My bad on the second.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground
     
    The-Mage-King's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Central Florida, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: As a matter of fact, I DO have enough weapons in stock! [3.5] [PrC]

    Quote Originally Posted by PEACH View Post
    This seems ridiculously weak... you basically negate all combat potential for an (interesting) SLA, the ability to quickly retrieve items, and a *really big* bag of holding. Plus, the requirements for the class are pretty intense, since it seems to imply that you've got to intentionally hoard a significant chunk of WBL and two feats.
    Nope. You lose out on 3 levels of your other class(es), yes, but... You get: Good Ref save, average BAB, decent additional skill list, big bag of holding, ability to shoot your spare stuff at people, action economy with regards to changing armor/magical gear quickly, and some other stuff. Furthermore, I'm assuming that a character of X level will have gained the WBL for level X while leveling from level W, which would mostly be magical gear, making that more of a flavor requirement than an actual one.

    Quote Originally Posted by PEACH View Post
    Yes, it can drop things on people, which is a DC 15 reflex save to avoid. That's not particularly amazing considering you've got no other offensive class features, and the "drop stuff on people" thing is not even really a function of this class; that's like saying it's not underpowered because it can use partially charged wands and summon Pazuzu.
    ...The telekinesis is an offensive class feature, along with whatever class you choose to advance with this. I think you may be approaching this from a combat-only standpoint, and seeing DPS as being "ALL IMPORTANT!!11one!".

    The goal of this was to make a class that stores a crapton of stuff, then can use it easily. The working name was "Ultimate Packrat", after all.


    EDIT: That also implies that it actually allows objects to be dropped from portals; it isn't well explained, but if it's just an extradimensional rift, there's not really any guarantee that you can just make stuff fall out, especially since it's actually a class feature to be able to do just that.
    Now this is something I should clarify. Thanks.
    Avatar by Ceika.
    Steam account. Add me to argue about philosophy whatever!
    Advertized Homebrew: Fire Emblem 4's Holy Blood as Bloodlines
    Extended Signature.
    Using a different color of text for sarcasm is so original.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Philippines (GMT+8)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: As a matter of fact, I DO have enough weapons in stock! [3.5] [PrC]

    This feels eerily similar to the King of Heroes, Gilgamesh.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground
     
    The-Mage-King's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Central Florida, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: As a matter of fact, I DO have enough weapons in stock! [3.5] [PrC]

    Quote Originally Posted by Avalon® View Post
    This feels eerily similar to the King of Heroes, Gilgamesh.
    That's entirely a coincidence. Just like the similarities of the Master of Gradation Air to the faker.


    Last edited by The-Mage-King; 2012-02-03 at 11:34 PM.
    Avatar by Ceika.
    Steam account. Add me to argue about philosophy whatever!
    Advertized Homebrew: Fire Emblem 4's Holy Blood as Bloodlines
    Extended Signature.
    Using a different color of text for sarcasm is so original.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    TravelLog's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: As a matter of fact, I DO have enough weapons in stock! [3.5] [PrC]

    Were it the case that this was fashioned after some sort of epic hero of legend, a king of Uruk for example, then I might wonder whether or not some representation of demigod status might be an interesting addition, as might any sort of drill-based weaponry capable of tearing the fabric of space apart.

    But as that isn't the case, I'll merely remark that this holds potential, but that I feel it is as of yet not fully unrealized.
    My Extended Homebrewer's Signature


    Gunslinger avatar and banner by Flumphy.

    Old Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show


    Auron avatar by C-Lam

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground
     
    The-Mage-King's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Central Florida, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: As a matter of fact, I DO have enough weapons in stock! [3.5] [PrC]

    Quote Originally Posted by TravelLog View Post
    But as that isn't the case, I'll merely remark that this holds potential, but that I feel it is as of yet not fully unrealized.
    Oh? How so? You think there should be a drill-sword that shatters quasi-demiplanes involved?



    I'd like to note that, if I were attempting to create PrCs based on Fate characters' skills, I'd most likely go with the single most used ability (IE: Projection, Gate of Babylon, Knight of Honor, ect), rather than recreating them wholesale. After all, that's what the rest of the build is for.

    Also, Legacy Weapons.
    Avatar by Ceika.
    Steam account. Add me to argue about philosophy whatever!
    Advertized Homebrew: Fire Emblem 4's Holy Blood as Bloodlines
    Extended Signature.
    Using a different color of text for sarcasm is so original.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    TravelLog's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: As a matter of fact, I DO have enough weapons in stock! [3.5] [PrC]

    Quote Originally Posted by The-Mage-King View Post
    Oh? How so? You think there should be a drill-sword that shatters quasi-demiplanes involved?
    While that would be lovely, it isn't quite what I meant. My qualms are more based around the fact that while the Keeper possesses this wonderful extra dimensional space, he only really uses it for storage when I feel it could be used much more creatively. How about using it as a dimensional corridor for travel? Or use it to send his arm through and have the other side open near an enemy so that he can attack? How about a vortex that pulls an enemy/their soul/their "treasures" into the Vault like some kind of black hole? The possibilities are limitless.

    I also don't necessarily feel that the class warrants three lost class feature levels. Two seems more appropriate.
    Last edited by TravelLog; 2012-02-04 at 12:14 AM.
    My Extended Homebrewer's Signature


    Gunslinger avatar and banner by Flumphy.

    Old Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show


    Auron avatar by C-Lam

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground
     
    The-Mage-King's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Central Florida, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: As a matter of fact, I DO have enough weapons in stock! [3.5] [PrC]

    Quote Originally Posted by TravelLog View Post
    While that would be lovely, it isn't quite what I meant. My qualms are more based around the fact that while the Keeper possesses this wonderful extra dimensional space, he only really uses it for storage when I feel it could be used much more creatively. How about using it as a dimensional corridor for travel? Or use it to send his arm through and have the other side open near an enemy so that he can attack? How about a vortex that pulls an enemy/their soul/their "treasures" into the Vault like some kind of black hole? The possibilities are limitless.

    I also don't necessarily feel that the class warrants three lost class feature levels. Two seems more appropriate.
    Hm. So maybe a slight focus on disarming/stealing stuff, paired with 4th level, and giving him the class level boost at every level but 1st and 7th?


    The dimensional corridor, I thought about, and realized that that was a big can of worms I didn't want too deal with. Using it like a ring gate might be interesting, but... Well, not exactly the right style, you know?


    I'll ponder more abilties to add, and get back to you with other ideas later.
    Avatar by Ceika.
    Steam account. Add me to argue about philosophy whatever!
    Advertized Homebrew: Fire Emblem 4's Holy Blood as Bloodlines
    Extended Signature.
    Using a different color of text for sarcasm is so original.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    TravelLog's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: As a matter of fact, I DO have enough weapons in stock! [3.5] [PrC]

    Quote Originally Posted by The-Mage-King View Post
    Hm. So maybe a slight focus on disarming/stealing stuff, paired with 4th level, and giving him the class level boost at every level but 1st and 7th?


    The dimensional corridor, I thought about, and realized that that was a big can of worms I didn't want too deal with. Using it like a ring gate might be interesting, but... Well, not exactly the right style, you know?


    I'll ponder more abilties to add, and get back to you with other ideas later.
    I would even consider extending it to 10 levels. There is a lot to work with here, and it might help you if you have more room for creative abilities.
    My Extended Homebrewer's Signature


    Gunslinger avatar and banner by Flumphy.

    Old Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show


    Auron avatar by C-Lam

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: As a matter of fact, I DO have enough weapons in stock! [3.5] [PrC]

    Sooo...will a player with levels in this class start referring to "lesser beings" as filthy mongrels?

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground
     
    The-Mage-King's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Central Florida, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: As a matter of fact, I DO have enough weapons in stock! [3.5] [PrC]

    Quote Originally Posted by LordofBones View Post
    Sooo...will a player with levels in this class start referring to "lesser beings" as filthy mongrels?
    Nope. Not required for this, since it's about merely having an extradimensional storage space.


    Most definitely no connection to calling people "Mongrels!".


    @Travel: I'll think about that. Originally, this was 5 levels. Then 6. Then 7. May as well go all the way to 10...
    Avatar by Ceika.
    Steam account. Add me to argue about philosophy whatever!
    Advertized Homebrew: Fire Emblem 4's Holy Blood as Bloodlines
    Extended Signature.
    Using a different color of text for sarcasm is so original.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground
     
    DracoDei's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Near Atlanta,GA USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: As a matter of fact, I DO have enough weapons in stock! [3.5] [PrC]

    I just have to say that it warms my heart that you tried 6 and 7 at all, regardless of what you settle(d) on.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    slaydemons's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    You don't want to know.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: As a matter of fact, I DO have enough weapons in stock! [3.5] [PrC]

    Damn now I wish to see some sort of mage who sucks at magic except for one type of niche magic that can make, if done right, thousands of blades.
    Last edited by slaydemons; 2012-02-04 at 07:48 PM.
    Pirate avatar thanks to serpentine.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground
     
    The-Mage-King's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Central Florida, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: As a matter of fact, I DO have enough weapons in stock! [3.5] [PrC]

    Quote Originally Posted by slaydemons View Post
    Damn now I wish to see some sort of mage who sucks at magic except for one type of niche magic that can make, if done right, thousands of blades.
    Alas, there is but this, which is merely a psionic character, who can recreate magical weapons of all sorts, with a focus on one type.





    Anyway, working on extending this to be 10 levels. I'm thinking I'll keep the level 7 ability (Vault) where it is, add a level 10 ability in those veins, only moreso, and add some movement related abilties for the 8th and 9th levels.

    I'm also wondering how to handle the advancement. Do I want 8/10, or 7/10, or even 6/10...?


    Thoughts?
    Avatar by Ceika.
    Steam account. Add me to argue about philosophy whatever!
    Advertized Homebrew: Fire Emblem 4's Holy Blood as Bloodlines
    Extended Signature.
    Using a different color of text for sarcasm is so original.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: As a matter of fact, I DO have enough weapons in stock! [3.5] [PrC]

    Perhaps instead of the vault de-existing when its keeper dies, maybe it should keep equipment from previous keepers? +5 weapons and the like?

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground
     
    The-Mage-King's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Central Florida, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: As a matter of fact, I DO have enough weapons in stock! [3.5] [PrC]

    Well, each vault is created and maintained by the Keeper of the King's Vault who it belongs to, so...

    Yeah.




    Anyway, suggestions for filling in three levels?
    Avatar by Ceika.
    Steam account. Add me to argue about philosophy whatever!
    Advertized Homebrew: Fire Emblem 4's Holy Blood as Bloodlines
    Extended Signature.
    Using a different color of text for sarcasm is so original.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •