Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 31 of 49 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] AMEN XLIII: REVOLUTION!

[Ilphy's Office -to- The Spacious Yard Outside the Base!]

Clarissa feigns astonishment at Ilpholin's comment about special services. With a tone obviously denoting her facetiousness, she responds with a soft quip.

"Why, the very thought never crossed my mind and I'm shocked that you would ever suggest such a dastardly thing! I'm a married woman and I revere the sacred oaths of marriage above all else! Just ask Becky and my husband Dave."

Clarissa turns to cover-up a giggle. She doesn't do a very good job of it. Ilphy might cue in on the fact that she's trying to lighten the mood if only for the sake of lightening the mood by being somewhat flirtatious.

She'll lead the way out of the base, merrily humming a tune for a short length of the journey before glancing over her shoulder at Ilphy, assuming she is following, and asking,

"So, do you like ham, turkey, or beef better? Oh! And do you like classic rock?"

So it may be off-topic in respect to the interview, but a picnic can't be successful unless both parties involved are satisfied.

2. - Top - End - #902
    Ogre in the Playground

[Spacious Yard]

Ilpholin raises an eyebrow.
    "I wasn't referring to those special services, just... wait, Becky?" Her little minion was all grown up! Or just being a little minion for someone else. Will probably have to look into that.

Ilpholin does indeed follow.
    "I ate rather recently, so doubt I'll be having much. And I find classic rock more appealing than most other music genres."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

3. - Top - End - #903
    Pixie in the Playground

[Spacious Yard]

"Cool!"

Clarissa happily squeaks. She's rather enthusiastic about her new boss being so easy going. It doesn't hurt that she smells nice too...

Clarissa pushes her way out the front doors and out into the fresh, warm air

"Don't you just love Spring?"

Clarissa ambles on over to spot quite a distance from the main thoroughfare of AMEN, checking the ground for softness and bounciness. Finding it an ideal picnic region, she spreads out the customary fuzzy and comfortable picnic blanket and stretches prostrate on one corner of it after erecting a giant umbrella to provide some shade for Ilphy if she desires it. Clarissa then takes a smallish, grey, portable radio receiver out of the basket and places it in the center of the blanket and switches it both on and to a classic rock station.

"So, what would you like to know?"

4. - Top - End - #904
    Ogre in the Playground

[Spacious Yard]

Ilpholin presumes the first question is rhetortical and takes her seat half-under the umbrella. She is still a drow after all and finds the sun somewhat too bright at times.

She hands over the form she brought with her.
    "Go ahead and fill that out first before we go into questions."
    It provides a good baseline.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

5. - Top - End - #905
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Ilphy's Office

"And that's where Gordon stopped. He was an apathetic fool."

"Hmmm... very well. That's what I wished to go over with you for now. If you're interested in forgoing this GLoG business for the time being I do have something you can do for us. I've had reports of a nation undergoing turbulent times and part of it trying to split off. Having someone go there and making sure whoever the winner is owes us a favor would be a worthwhile endeavor. I'm sure you'll even be able to pick up a soul or two along the way."
    "I can multitask. How should I go about it? Just help one side?" Jack asks, leaning forward and grinning. Open war sounds like a lot of good fun.
    My avatar was done by Gulaghar. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

6. - Top - End - #906
    Pixie in the Playground

[Spacious Yard]

Clarissa simply assumes that everyone loves sunlight. Comes with the territory she inherited, I suppose.

Clarissa accepts the offered form, reads it over tapping her chin thoughtfully, snaps her fingers and attempts to hand the filled out form back to Ilpholin.

Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Clarissa von Smith
    Sex: Female, Usually
    Species: Chaos-Born Divinity
    Profession: Embodiment of the Cardinal Sins; Keeper of the Balance and Hel
    Reason for joining AMEN: I wanted purpose and camaraderie and I'm evil.
    Special skills/items you believe will aid/have decided to contribute to AMEN: I kill people and bend life to my will. Oh! I also rule over Hel and seduce people!
    References (Victims preferred): The Umbrella Company's Survivors; Dave Smith; That One Mask Guy; The Henchmen; Prometheus; All Other Victims Are Dead But I Could Arrange For You To Speak With Them I Think
    Past Experience: World Destroyer (Home Dimension); Escaped Umbrella Experiment
    Other Information: I'm trying to be permanently on a non-humanoid diet so please don't assign me to any missions where eating bodies is a necessity.

She's also signed the bottom of the form 'cause that's what every form has to have somewhere on it, right?

Clarissa then draws two cans of root beer out of the picnic basket and gingerly offers one to Ilphy.

7. - Top - End - #907
    Ogre in the Playground

Ilphy's Office

"Pretty much. I'll leave which side to your judgement based on their cooperativeness, ability to give favors, likelihood to win, ect. Whatever works in our favor."

[Spacious Yard]

Ilpholin takes the form and the root beer!
    She looks the form over.
    "Hel, huh? Is that like... a 3/4ths version of Hell or...?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

8. - Top - End - #908
    Pixie in the Playground

[Spacious Yard]

Clarissa chuckles. She finds Ilphy's joke diverting enough.

"That's just a holdover from how the Norse thought of me. The Norse were more accurate than any other culture in their perceptions of the afterlife. They thought that a heaven and a hell were consolidated under one entity, myself. Therefore the name Hel, the mythical location where the Norse believed their dead would end up if they actually had some measure of combat prowess, was adopted as the name of my own domain, although everyone may have some different name for it."

Clarissa pops open her can of soda and takes a sip. Mmm. Ice cold root beer on a warm Spring day. Life doesn't get much lazier than this.

9. - Top - End - #909

Ilphy's Office

"Pretty much. I'll leave which side to your judgement based on their cooperativeness, ability to give favors, likelihood to win, ect. Whatever works in our favor."
    "I'll do my best, Ilpholin," Jack nods his head toward Ilpholin, looking at her somewhat agreeably. "Now unless there's something else, can I consider myself hired?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

10. - Top - End - #910
    Ogre in the Playground

Ilphy's Office

"Yes, that's it. Welcome back to AMEN Jack." Ilpholin says, giving him a slight head nod as she shuffles away the form Jack filled out into a drawer.

[Spacious Yard]

"Ah. So just an afterlife then. All right then." Ilpholin says with some nodding.

"Says your a chaos... goddess? Yet you're in charge of Balance? Isn't that a bit of conflict of interest?" Ilpholin just suspects she doesn't understand what those mean yet.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

11. - Top - End - #911
    Pixie in the Playground

[Spacious Yard]

"Uh-huh! I'm a chaos-born minor deity. And by deity I mean demon. You might also want to note that I kinda accidentally killed off all of the cults that were worshiping because of the perceived polices regarding sacrifices to me..."

Clarissa shrugs. It was their fault that they translated the documents she granted them all wrong. And then there were the boons they misused. She's not grumbling about this, though. On the contrary, she sounds insanely pleased with the results.

"I'm not complaining because they weren't actually that far off from what I requested."

"But I'm getting way off-track here."

"Most world creation legends start with gods already being there, correct? Well, that's not at all what happened. In the beginning, there was nothing. Nothing at all. But then, the nothing realized that it was. That spark of self awareness proved to it that it existed. It thought hence it was. Therefore, it could no longer be nothing, so it burst into chaos which created existence. The chaos manifested itself in a wide assortment of gods and goddesses. I'm one of them, so I'm chaos-born."

Mmmm. Pop.

"Got bored of not interacting with our creations, though so I went rogue and became a demon. One of the first, I think. I was tasked with maintaining the balance between good and evil in this realm of existence. Since evil isn't on equal footing with good as is, I'm evil and roar and etcetera!"

Clarissa stares at her boss, her interest obviously peaked if Ilphy is radiating a demonic aura that Clarissa can detect. If she can sense the aura, she'll pose her own question!

"So you've been a demon for how long now?"

12. - Top - End - #912

Ilphy's Office

Jack grins gleefully, standing and granting Ilpholin a gracious bow. "Thank you. Send the Leaguers here, if you don't mind. Tell them... you rejected my application, and that I gave you this to keep in touch." The wizard slides a small slip of paper across Ilpholin's desk. And with that, Jack disappears.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-04-09 at 12:26 AM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

13. - Top - End - #913
    Ogre in the Playground

Ilphy's Office

"Very well." Ilpholin says before folding into continuity.

[Spacious Yard]

Hmm... so she's all well and evil until good starts losing proper. Then she's going to be playing the other side. Gotta watch that.

I imagine Ilpholin's devil like tail and horns tip her off, even if auras weren't involved. But yes, a demonic aura could be perceived by those with the super special demon sight sense.

"One year now." Ilpholin replies, rounding up to the nearest whole year.
    So it's more like 5 months OOC time and maybe... 1 month IC time?

Ilpholin glances back at the form real quick before resting her eyes on Clarissa again, finding her outfit... easy on the eyes. "But you ended up destroying your world? The one that gave you birth?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

14. - Top - End - #914
    Pixie in the Playground

[Spacious Yard]

The salacious outfit isn't something that Clarissa normally wears while sunbathing, but she's of the persuasion that Ilphy wouldn't exactly be at ease while conversing with a gigantic panther or midnight-black wolf.

Clarissa nods fiercely as soon as Ilphy finishes speaking. With no trace amount of ignoble hatred in her tone, Clarissa growls,

"Yep. Several times, in fact. And they deserved it each time. Crude little monsters. They were all so cruel and disgusting. Mistakes, each and every one of them. Idiotic flesh-sculpting dunderheads kept getting it wrong, so I absorbed one of them and was cursed for it. Cursed for their faults! Can you believe it?"

"But then I ended up here and met my husband Dave. At least one of those mongrels got it right. Many species residing here pass my tests, trials, and any tribulations I impose on them, so I'm going to try to avoid that outcome for now."

"Not to mention that I probably wouldn't be able to do it here. The energies are all wrong! The configuration needs to be scrapped and rebuilt from the ground up!"

Clarissa sighs. She only now realizes that she probably shouldn't have written anything about the crime she feels is the most reprehensible evil ever, abuse executed for nothing greater than a bragging right, and often far less than even that.
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2012-04-09 at 12:25 AM.

15. - Top - End - #915
    Ogre in the Playground

[Spacious Yard]

Ilpholin frowns a little.
    "Well... not much to do about that, now is there?" Fortunately.

"You mentioned Dave a few times. Tell me a bit about him. Will he be joining AMEN as well?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

16. - Top - End - #916
    Pixie in the Playground

[Spacious Yard]

Clarissa shrugs nonchalantly. Her powers are all wonky in this land. It is almost as though someone doesn't want her destroying everything there is to be destroyed...

In any case, upon hearing the subject of Dave being brought up, Clarissa exhales whimsically. Her breathing rate slows considerably and a dreamy (if distant) look clouds her resplendent eyes.

"Dave. He's mine. My little snuggle-ninja and I wub him a whole lot. A whole lot indeed."

Clarissa releases an infatuated sigh. By now it should be quite clear that she is head over heels for Dave, although she is somehow able to resist the temptation to express that emotional state to Dave directly.

"He's nice and kind to me. He was so very loving of me that he's now my doting husband."

Clarissa subconsciously hugs herself and begins to childishly rock back and forth.

"I met him at Umbrella and we've been together ever since. He's put up with all my antics and always been there for me whenever I needed him. I don't know what I'd do without him. I'd lose everything that keeps me stable and embark on a mass murder spree or something, probably. The only problem with Dave is that he's currently mortal. I'm tinkering with him to fix rectify that situation, but I have to be careful or else I'll accidentally kill him."

Dave's health and welfare could be sensational leverage over Clarissa if it ever comes down to that!

"He won't be joining us here at AMEN permanently, though. Sometimes he might be in my quarters, but he's a good guy with a clinic in the Red Zone. He likes helping people while I like killing people. He's good, I'm bad, and frequently naughty. I've been trying to get him to compete with me for a long time now, but he's just not getting the message. I've been hoping that if we get to enact a plan me and The Hatteress concocted, he'll finally try to stop me. It'd help us gain more sway over each other and push us closer together."

Clarissa pauses. Whether or not it is primarily for effect is anyone's guess.

"Wouldn't hurt to get the opportunity to make-up with him daily either..."

17. - Top - End - #917
    Ogre in the Playground

[Spacious Yard]

Ilpholin raises an eyebrow.
    "Much as I'd love to see him start... fighting with you, wouldn't opposing you also drive him to particularly oppose AMEN?"

As it is... hmmm...
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

18. - Top - End - #918
    Pixie in the Playground

[Spacious Yard]

This question causes Clarissa to laugh collectedly! She's sure that Dave would never wish to bring down AMEN as a whole, let alone herself.

"Nah. Dave's not at all like that. I only want him to challenge me. To try to best my own skill. I get the feeling these days that he doesn't even hold me responsible for my own actions. He's not against evil as a whole. For example, he's fine with me eating people, for some reason or other. I just want him to try to change me so I can gain a better understanding of his world-view. He has nothing at all against AMEN, as far as I know. I'm also the one who turned him into a good person from a crazy assassin, he tells me."

"I also caused him to almost lose his sanity twice, but that's neither here nor there."

And Clarissa isn't kidding about any of that!

19. - Top - End - #919
    Ogre in the Playground

[Spacious Yard]

"Hmm... all the same, he is a potential intel liability so when there's an opportunity, I'd like to talk to him privately for a bit. Ask him a few things. Sorta like this." Ilpholin informs her.

"Now, how are you related to Umbrella?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

20. - Top - End - #920
    Pixie in the Playground

[Spacious Yard]

Clarissa doesn't precisely delight in the prospect of Ilphy being left alone with Dave for a long period of time given her reputation, but she's already scheming about how to deal with that. Maybe she'll owe Becky a favor in exchange for her chaperoning the meeting to ensure that Ilphy doesn't decide to employ her powerful mojo to manipulate Dave? She'd ask Dave to do the same for Becky if she were in his shoes, but...

Hey! That mind meld thing Clarissa has going with Dave might come in handy after all!

"Okay?"

Clarissa chirps, suddenly unsure of whether or not she filled out the form correctly and got an acceptable grade.

"Umbrella sorta captured me while I was asleep out in the open after massacring a village of a hundred or so people outside. They didn't have any phone lines connecting that village to the outside world, so either someone had a cell phone that would never roam and an amazing 3g connection or the inhabitants' pained screeching echoed all the way over a mountain range or across a lake to the next village over. Anyway, when I woke up I was in this cell-thing. Some Umbrella scientists researched me for a few weeks, I met Dave, I ate exotic animals, and then I busted out of that hole because someone tried mind-probing me and rewiring my emotions which set me off like nothing else. So did their whole 'we're going to clone you and use you as a base for an enhanced line of our super soldiers'."

"I wonder if they ever did actually develop anything of use using my DNA."

Clarissa stares deeply into the sky, as though searching for an answer among the puffy white clouds.

"Want any chips?"

Way to get off-topic there, Clarissa!
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2012-04-09 at 07:56 PM.

21. - Top - End - #921
    Ogre in the Playground

[Spacious Yard]

"No thanks. If any Umbrella employees were to come to AMEN looking to join or create some sort of alliance, how would you feel about it?"

Cause a few already have and... yeah. >>
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

22. - Top - End - #922
    Pixie in the Playground

[Spacious Yard]

Clarissa ponders this for a moment, her tails swishing through the air rhythmically as she goes down the list of offenses they committed against her.

"I'd be fine with that, I guess. As long as they didn't try recapturing me and subjecting me to their weird experiments. I'd have to rip their hearts out and eat them if they tried that."

Clarissa fishes a bag of salty chips out of her picnic basket, tears open the bag takes a chip out, flips it through the air, and gulps it down eagerly. She's obviously demonstrating how readily she would kill an Umbrella worker if they dared cross her.

"Like I did their boss."

Oooo! Clarissa's deceiving Ilphy and pinning Dave's crime on herself, though in truth she did kill Jane, just not directly.

23. - Top - End - #923
    Ogre in the Playground

[Spacious Yard]

"Hmmm... noted." She'll have to remind the Umbrella scientists to not kidnap Clarissa.

"Where do you see AMEN in ten years?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

24. - Top - End - #924
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

[Psanukbrisk]

Ilpholin goes to shut the door in Dusk's face.

"Yes it was. Now, before anymore interruptions, it's time for the speed interview round." Seems the only way to get this done. So she turns to each in turn repeatedly, making her a bit dizzy.

"What have you spied on?"
    "What can you sing?"
    "Why did you blow up the Island?"
    "Aren't Macs better?"
    "Do you have a cauldron?"
    "Why did you first join AMEN?"
    "What do you hope to gain from AMEN?"
    "You know that now that you're a PC you don't get a weekly wage, right?"
    "Where would you like to see AMEN in ten years?"
    "What the hell happened to Chain Chomp anyways?"
    "Wanna go to my room for the extra special exam later?"
    "What is your preferred fighting style?"
    "Do the henchmen envy you or consider you crazy?"

There. That should cover everything.
    [Psanukbrick > Anyukibrick]

They answer with incredible speed!

"Pretty much every known form of government in the Nexus except for the one directed by PC's because that would be godmodding and ew. Politics."

"Anything, really, I mean singing is kinda required for Angels, Heavenly Chorus and all that, you know what it's like."

"Stupid island was in the way. Also, it belonged to my ex-boyfriend, who decided we were through, and no one decides we're through except for me. And THEN I would blow up the island, but I would be a lot less upset about it!"

"What do I know, I've never been one. Is it one of those things with the cheese in them?"

"Of course I have one, and it's good enough to double as a jacuzzi whenever I get lai-HAD A REALLY TOUGH DAY."

"I thought it would be an interesting psychosocial study of violence, honor, pride, and the general mindset of the common villain, not to mention that I felt I got a lot more done here than in my other place of work. AMENites kept asking me to join, but they never specified I had to be evil."

"I don't know, what do you people usually get? Stable job, lodging, food, support in any of my evil plans... What else do you want?"

"Yes, but I also don't get brutally murdered without my player's consent. And seriously, have you met my player? No one here's ever even lost a fight, ever. I'm fine with walking away with a few scrapes as long as I'm not playing pincushion for your other members. Especially that stupid vampire. seriously, I hate that guy."

"Inside a Valcano. I'm a bit traditional."

"Oh, Chompy? He only comes when called. It's a bit of a pain having to write his actions every time I show up. If you want, I can whistle for him, but he might actually break the door."

"Oh, yeah, that's what I'm talking about. I would love..."

"Excuse me, I think that one was for me. Sure, I'd love to, but I haven't studi- oh, wait, you mean... yeah, sure! I'd love to have a special exam!"

"If she meant that, it was probably aimed at me, you know."

"She'll have to specify."

"Unit is generally adept at fighting unarmed, but a certain manipulation of energy, electromagnetic pulses and waves, is possible."

"Excuse me, Player?"

"What?"

"That one left."

"Of course they envy me! They're still having to put up with you guys! But of course, I'm not gonna be the one to go spring them out, they can find their own players..."

All three of them look like they're out of breath.

25. - Top - End - #925
    Pixie in the Playground

[Spacious Yard]

"In ten years you say?"

Clarissa drums her fingers against her stomach. Harumph... She has to mull this over for a moment within the confines of her mind. Where does she see AMEN in ten long years.

"It should be easy enough for AMEN to take control of the entire city of Riverside if we play our cards right and turn the masses against their current leaders. Westside will be easiest. Inside will be much more difficult. Too many orgs hold sway there and have investments in the fate of that city. They'll be difficult to uproot. If we can scandalize Remnant publicly and hype ourselves up as the servants of the common individual with a strong emphasis on security and prosperity, we might have a shot at it, with a negligible number of dissidents."

"If the agency takes an unprecedented turn for the better, we might just control everything out there in ten years. If we continue to bicker and be useless as we have been for some time, we won't even exist in 10 years."

26. - Top - End - #926
    Barbarian in the Playground

Clarissa's Lair
    Speaking of Dave...
    Dave finally wakes up in Clarissa's Lair!
    Oh god, where am I!?
    He sits up in the bed, noting the absence of the tail-growing-Clarissa.
    Well, Clarissa isn't here...but this room looks like her's...which means I'm probably at AMEN in her room here...
    He rubs his head.
    And what happened last night? I feel like I tango-ed with a bear...wouldn't be the first time...
    His memory of last night was incredibly fuzzy. All he remembered was Clarissa growing tails, bringing her somewhere, her grabbing him to cuddle with her, then falling asleep...
    Oh well! Time to get up anyways!
    He stretches his arms out, yawning at the same time before laying back down and pulling the covers up.
    Maybe just five more minutes...*
    *Note: Dave wasn't being careful, so Clarissa would be able to hear all of his thoughts
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

27. - Top - End - #927
    Ogre in the Playground

[Psanukbrick]

"Well then, that's everything. You're all free to go. And I look forward to seeing you in my room later." Ilpholin says with a wink.

[Spacious Yard]

"Hmm..." Well, we'll see, won't we?
    "So. You specialize in seduction, hmm?" Ilpholin says, eying Clarissa very closely.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

28. - Top - End - #928
    Pixie in the Playground

[Spacious Yard]

Clarissa notes the abundant '"hmm"ing concerning her answers to Ilphy's quiz. That's what graders do when they... Oh gods. She's totally failing, isn't she?! She's going to be kicked out of AMEN!

And for some reason, she doesn't look very troubled at all. She's more confident now than she was before. After all, what does she have to lose?

Clarissa stretches out effortlessly on the blanket, emitting a lengthy yawn as she does so, arching her back in such a way that it nicely accentuates her features. Once that's done she flips onto her stomach, giving Ilpholin a glorious view of her spine, among other things.

"I dabble, but I'm always open to instruction and correction. I have a powerful yet flexible acumen for that type of interaction too, making decisions at a breakneck pace. Shapeshifting doesn't hurt at all. Neither does knowing the ins and outs of most species I encounter."

One of Clarissa's agile tails attempts to dart out and lightly brush against the blanket beside Ilpholin, so near to her leg that it might just barely graze it, by accident, of course.

"I intoxicate the senses. Sight, sound, smell, taste, and..."

With each sense Clarissa lists off, she attempts to creep a small distance closer to Ilphy, so that when she playfully whispers,

"Touch."

she can attempt to breathe it directly into her ear. If that action is successful, the very warmth in her voice might caress Ilphy's ear. She may now be close enough to Ilpholin that she can feel Clarissa's body heat, though they might not be quite touching yet. With a submissive yet daring move, Clarissa will attempt to gently run a hand through the fine strands of Ilpholin's hair.

"But I hear you're much, much more practiced than I, and more of an expert than I could ever hope to be."

Topping her whole show off with thinly veiled flattery isn't a bad way to end the classy advance.

-------
    [Clarissa's Lair]

Clarissa does totally detect Dave's thoughts passing through their psychic uplink! Welp, she's got something in store for him that will rid him of his mild exhaustion!

It's a response littered with various voices that resemble Clarissa's but don't fully belong to her, in reality!

Gluttony: "Wake up sleepyhead! Time for breakfast! And a midmorning snack. And the midnight snack you missed last night. Mmmm! Meals! I baked you fresh cookies!"
    Envy: "I wish I could've slept in with you, but I had things to do. Why do you always get to have it so good?"
    Greed: "Rise and shine you loafer! You're going to miss work! Time is money, so when you're wasting my time, you're wasting my money!"
    Wrath: "I've already established that I hate each and every single one of you annoying voices, haven't I? Now get the heck out of my head!"
    Pride: "Don't you mean our head? Dave, you should wear the silk robe I wove especially for you. You'll find that it is no less than the best quality-wise, and extraordinary work that only a master artisan would be capable of, and even then, Lady Luck would..."
    Sloth: "Hey guys, could you please shut up? I'm trying to sleep."
    Lust: "Good morning there, tiger. You should hurry on up and head outside. Trust me, I'm on your side. Not to mention that I'm Lust, so you know what I have to offer won't be damaging to you in the slightest. I have need of you yet."

Clarissa: "Hi, Dave! Did you sleep well? I hope the bed was comfortable enough. I'm outside with the boss right now. She wants to speak with you too for some reason or other, so you'll want to rush on out here at your earliest opportunity."

29. - Top - End - #929
    Barbarian in the Playground

Clarissa's Lair
    Dave sighs and sits up in the bed. Looks lik e wouldn't get his 5 more minutes...
    He stands, putting his black pants on one leg at a time, buttoning up the long sleeve, white shirt he had, tying the knot in the black tie he wore, putting his belt through the belt loops, putting on his white tube socks, putting on his leather shoes and tying the knots on them expertly, putting his jet black katana on his back, and finally taking out a comb and combing his hair while chewing on a breath mint.
    Dave was ready to meet Clarissa's boss.
    So he teleported out of Clarissa's Lair into the Spacious Yard, appearing a couple feet above the ground. Luckily, he neatly fell onto his feet, making it looked like he planned it.
    Which he didn't, he was finding teleportation kinda difficult.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

30. - Top - End - #930
    Ogre in the Playground

[Spacious Yard]

"Oh I somehow doubt that." Ilpholin says. Clarissa is some sort of demon, chaos, balance-goddess. Ilph is not going to say her skills surpass Clarissa's.

Though she did manage to get Clarissa cooing and ready to go with just a solitary question. Just as planned. Ilpholin lets Clarissa perform her antics.

"Mmm... shame we're out in this wide open space. Far too public. We might accidentally intoxicate passer-bys."
    Like that one!
    Ilph looks at Dave.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast