Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 40 of 49 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243444546474849 LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1446
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] AMEN XLIII: REVOLUTION!

Ilpholin's Office

"Not exactly," Orrey explains, leaning forward and propping himself up on both hands this time. "Bigger, maybe? Tougher? I dunno. You look like you belong in a BDSM club, not his pit." The brute reaches out to take his form.

With remarkably good penmanship, he writes his credentials.

Name: Orrey Lauhter

Sex: Yes, please

Species: Human

Profession: Mechanic, drug dealer

Reason for joining AMEN: A bigger crew? Backup, maybe? What criminal wouldn't join this place? You just sit on a volcano and everyone ignores you.

Special skills/items you believe will aid/have decided to contribute to AMEN:

Drugs for sale. Physical enhancements. Illegal augments.

I'm not bad in a scrap either. Good at leading stupid people.

References (Victims preferred): You want me to introduce you to the people I rip off? I don't know their names.

Past Experience: With AMEN? Little. Hung out with Zefir a couple times.

Other Information: N/A
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-05-24 at 10:19 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gulaghar. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Barbarian in the Playground

Atlantis

Shayan makes one last left turn and then opens up a small door to her labs, a very spartan affair for the time being. It seems all the equipment she could afford to acquire before her sojourn to Riverside was a simple heart monitor and a stand for an IV drip next to a surgical table. Beyond that there is a large hydroponic growing facility for the various types of plant species she planned to study, currently barren, sitting along the back wall.

Along the ceiling parallel bars are installed, one every few feet, that run along the entire length of the room. As soon as she enters Shayan's vines seamlessly transition one by one up to the bars so she can sling herself along more easily. It's clear this is a more comfortable way of movement to her.

"I know it isn't exactly the most sterile or well equipped facility in the world, but I hope it will be sufficient for an implantation procedure like this one. If there's anything you can suggest that would improve my odds of success, do not hesitate to bring it up. As for your own laboratory here, I am going to have to speak with Ilpholin shortly, if she has the time, and I'd be certain to put in a good word for you when I do so if you wish to apply. Having you as a permanent partner is worth more than remaining safely ensconced here." Or perhaps not-so-safely, if that thing's abuse of her mind was any indication. She'd almost entirely recovered by now, and the information gleaned from the experience was certainly worthwhile, but it was a very harrowing one.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Ogre in the Playground

Ilpholin's Office

Ilpholin smiles sweetly. "Oh if you're a masochist, by all means keep going down this road."

Otherwise shut it, fugly.

She'll take the form back and look it over. "There are augments that are illegal here?" One could go so far as to question drugs and physical enhancements too, but stick with the most unlikely one for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

4. - Top - End - #1174

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    Door => Inside Amen Main Room Thing

Marciano walks inside. He's looking rather angry. He's had a bad day you see. However, Grantaire carries about 6 large bags. Who knows what's inside...Hopefully not bombs or other explos9ive materials then again, Marciano hasn't carried around any explosives since Thessalonki. He will try to walk over to Magtok. Unfortunately, he smells much like corpses and melted flesh...His coat is full of small holes. Not bullet holes, but burn marks. He attempts to poke poor Magtok with a bloody, dirty, and dusty halfling finger. "Oy. Where's Ilpheeli or woteve' 'er name is. TTh' 'ole mine thing was a success. What with Ro' an' all. And there was some 'o' those NO people. They don't seem 'appy a' all. No' a righ' jolly group 'o' boun'y 'unters a' all. Some goblin was there...no' sure woty 'is name was. Anyway, I'll need t' speak with 'er. Where is she? What a rude little halfing...
    Magtok scowls at Marciano, as if the guy was some sort of loathsome mangy dog covered in plague rats trying to nibble at his shins.

"You just missed her because of my deadtime, she went that way to her office, and is kinda busy now."

Shouldn't there be an 'I'm sorry' in that statement, Magtok?
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    The Original Hooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi
    You can find me (and people almost as great as me) on the Nexus Server For Cool Attractive People! Come join us!

5. - Top - End - #1175

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Ilpholin's Office

Ilpholin smiles sweetly. "Oh if you're a masochist, by all means keep going down this road."

Otherwise shut it, fugly.

She'll take the form back and look it over. "There are augments that are illegal here?" One could go so far as to question drugs and physical enhancements too, but stick with the most unlikely one for now.
    "I may, in fact, dabble," The brute says with a lewd grin. "I heal fast. It's hard to hurt me, really." As should be obvious, Orrey is unfazed by her threat. He straightens and crosses his arms, considering her next statement.

"Augments? Not all of them, I bet. But good luck getting them somewhere else. They're illegal on my Earth for a reason."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-05-25 at 12:09 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

6. - Top - End - #1176
    Ogre in the Playground

Magtok scowls at Marciano, as if the guy was some sort of loathsome mangy dog covered in plague rats trying to nibble at his shins.

"You just missed her because of my deadtime, she went that way to her office, and is kinda busy now."

Shouldn't there be an 'I'm sorry' in that statement, Magtok?
    Any subtle hints of annoyance fly out Marciano's proverbial window of self-awareness. He just nods again. He moves to grab Magotk's hand and shake it firmly before going on his merry way to find Ilpholin. Poor Magotk's hand will be covered with dirt, blood, and other unpleasant fluids. Marciano really ought to take a bath.Thank ya. He'll then head off to Ilholin's office and rudely attempt to open the door....
    don't click this

7. - Top - End - #1177
    Ogre in the Playground

Ilpholin's Office

Marciano will find the door... locked! She's had something along the lines of five or six rude interruptions before she started locking doors during interviews. And really if Marciano wants to become king of the underworld, he should learn some manners!

That said, if Marciano waits a bit, a plot clone instance will be ready for him.

Augments you can't find elsewhere are pretty worthwhile though. "Are you looking for people here to sell your wares to?" Might arrange for some of the gnolls to get some if Ilpholin thinks it's worth it.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2012-05-26 at 11:37 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

8. - Top - End - #1178
    Ogre in the Playground

Shayan's Lab

Cin takes a slow look around as he sets his bag on the table. "No, I don't think there'll be much I can suggest other than getting a table that the people can be strapped into so they can't injure themselves or us if they find the process too disconcerting." He states before offering a small smile. "As for joining, I prefer to belong to no organization, but I'll gladly promise you that I'll work by your side for as long as you need me."

9. - Top - End - #1179

Shayan's Lab

"I suppose. I thought I might cut corners by restraining the subjects myself. The vines are very durable, and far stronger than they look. I also have access to a unique sedative that the plant produces, possibly evolved to lure in prey. I've yet to find someone that doesn't fall prey to its effects, at least partially." Although Cin might come close. Her own regeneration prevented it from having all but the most temporary effects on her, and his may very well do the same.

"I'll have to see if she can spare you a bit of lab space and a visitor's pass, if there is such a thing, without you becoming a full member. I'd prefer to do my tests here for security reasons, and after seeing your substantial qualifications, I don't know how I could manage without having you on hand for my first few procedures."
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

10. - Top - End - #1180
    Ogre in the Playground

Shayan's Lab

"Hmm...well, if it'd make things easier, I suppose I could become a member. I'd just require a bit of freedom with what I do. And maybe if I did, I'd be allowed to use less...invasive methods when examining the other members here. Think they'd agree to it?"
    He asks, stroking his chin in thought.

11. - Top - End - #1181

Shayan's Lab

Shayan considers Cin's question for a moment, eyes unfocusing briefly, "I don't believe we have anything more than an automated surgeon on hand to deal with injury. Assuming you're qualified as a physician, I don't think Ilpholin would object to mandatory physicals for the members with euclidean physiologies, to make sure they stay in good health." Her eyes wander over the lab, searching for something to alight on before coming back to Cin.

"With the new knowledge I've been gifted, I might even be able to play the role of a helpful nurse, assuming I can modify an outfit to suit the part." Her tone almost becomes enticing as she says this, but it's clear she's seriously considering it. Her trip to the hospital learned that people are far more trusting of those in apparent positions of authority when they're in poor health. Getting on good terms with the more volatile members of AMEN could only make her stay here more pleasant.

12. - Top - End - #1182
    Ogre in the Playground

Shayan's Labs

Cin gives Shayan a tilted smile at the thought of her being in a nurse outfit when his mind wanders into what it might look like on her. "I'll be sure to have one popped over here as soon as possible then. I'll have to take your measurements of course. If we're going to do this, might as well not do it merely half-assed." He tells her with a chuckle before looking about the room thoughtfully. "We'll need a fresh coat of white paint, our own power generator(just in case), brighter lights, and a couple more rooms I think. A morgue added on at least. As well as a true surgery bay. I know suppliers, but I lack the funds for the equipment. Think AMEN would pick up the bill?" He asks.

13. - Top - End - #1183

Shayan's Lab

Shayan smiles vaguely as she ponders the costs involved. It takes a while for her to speak up again as she slings herself towards the corner of the room with the hydroponics lab, opening up a small cabinet and rifling through it.

"It may come to pass that we won't strictly need AMEN funding. I had the foresight to help myself to the wallets and bank accounts of my first batch of test subjects, having the few ones of means sign over funds to a dummy account while they were under my influence for safe keeping. Distasteful perhaps, but necessary for all of this equipment. I still have a notable amount left, and if we stretch it a bit and cut a few corners I could most likely foot the bill for surgical facilities. I might also suggest we work through Magtok, as I believe he is the one who supplied AMEN's current set up."

14. - Top - End - #1184
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ilpholin's Office]

There comes a light knock on the door to the office, "Hello? Am i in the right spot? This is the place for the interview, right? I'm sure I hit the right quotidian curvature for the transport, so unless the bluestream threw me off, this should be the boss's office."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

15. - Top - End - #1185
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ilpholin's Office-Marciano

After Orrey's interview, Ilpholin opens the door for the grungy fellow.
    "Oh. You're back.... good." Ilpholin says, only kind of meaning it before letting him in and returning to her seat.

"How did the crystal hunt go?"

[Ilpholin's Office-???]

Ilpholin opens the door for the light knocker.
    "Yes?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

16. - Top - End - #1186

Ilpholin's Office

Marciano will find the door... locked! She's had something along the lines of five or six rude interruptions before she started locking doors during interviews. And really if Marciano wants to become king of the underworld, he should learn some manners!

That said, if Marciano waits a bit, a plot clone instance will be ready for him.

Augments you can't find elsewhere are pretty worthwhile though. "Are you looking for people here to sell your wares to?" Might arrange for some of the gnolls to get some if Ilpholin thinks it's worth it.
    "Always. You got someone in mind?" Orrey says with a smile, suddenly much more interested in the outcome of this conversation. He's always happy to get fast cash.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-05-26 at 11:30 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

17. - Top - End - #1187
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ilpholin's Office - Lily]

There's a young girl standing just outside. One of the first noticeable things about her is her eyes and hair - slitted red eyes and ashen hair. Maybe a bit of demon blood? She wears a black robe with gold trim that would conceal her slight form, if not for the fact that despite her skinny frame she has a surprising pair of breasts. If Ilpholin can sense magic, it's obvious the robe is heavily enchanted with defensive augmentations, and she wears a necklace that enhances her intelligence underneath the robe.

there's also two enchantments on her directly - one gives her flawless creamy skin while the other makes her much more attractive to thieves, scoundrels, liars, and crooks of all kinds. The type of attractive depends on whether they'd find her sexually attractive or not - if not, then she'd seem like an excellent mark.

"So, I was never officially a member - Prometheus brought me here and I was helping him with a few things, but then he was gone and now you're the boss, and apparently you're doing interviews?"
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-05-26 at 11:39 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1188
    Ogre in the Playground

Ilpholin looks her over briefly, before ushering her inside. "And you wish to become a member despite Prometheus' exile?"

Ilpholin's Office - Orrey

"Perhaps in the future. I'll let you know. In the meantime, however, why come to AMEN? Wouldn't it be more convenient to just work out of Riverside?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

19. - Top - End - #1189

"Why the hell would I go to Riverside?" Orrey says, plopping down in his chair and looking at her like she's a fool. He holds his hands out in a similar gesture, attempting to prop his size-12 boots on her desk. "You guys have henchmen. Henchmen!"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

20. - Top - End - #1190
    Ogre in the Playground

Ilpholins Office

Honestly, hes just in it for the shinies. :P

He looks up at Ilpholin, being sure to creepily stare at her rack, because he's that much of a rude little pervert. "Haha! Yer 'ere! Guess what elfy? I gots me crystals! Though...a' a bi' 'o' a price...We was attacked. Thi' Dipsnig guy...I migh' have extorted half a million gold off o 'im....bu' we lived. 'ere, touch 'em. He offers Ilpholin a glowing crystal.
    don't click this

21. - Top - End - #1191
    Ogre in the Playground

Direct access to corrupted clientele both looking for and desperate enough for an edge that money would flow freely. Ilpholin thinks to herself. But far be it from her to dissuade him for that reason. She just needs to figure out why he wants to be here. And it's pretty clear. He thinks he can easily push people around here. Including her.

"Get your boots off my desk."

Ilpholins Office - Marciano

"I'll take your word for it." Ilpholin says, declining to touch glowing crystals.

"Rot performed his duties for you appropriately then?" A little extra too it seems, if NO was involved.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2012-05-27 at 01:01 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

22. - Top - End - #1192
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Shayan's Lab

Shayan smiles vaguely as she ponders the costs involved. It takes a while for her to speak up again as she slings herself towards the corner of the room with the hydroponics lab, opening up a small cabinet and rifling through it.

"It may come to pass that we won't strictly need AMEN funding. I had the foresight to help myself to the wallets and bank accounts of my first batch of test subjects, having the few ones of means sign over funds to a dummy account while they were under my influence for safe keeping. Distasteful perhaps, but necessary for all of this equipment. I still have a notable amount left, and if we stretch it a bit and cut a few corners I could most likely foot the bill for surgical facilities. I might also suggest we work through Magtok, as I believe he is the one who supplied AMEN's current set up."
    Shayan's Labs

"I don't think we should cut corners, to be honest."
    Cin tells her with a slight frown. "Reason is because I think we should invest in a couple cryogen chambers too. If something happens to someone that we need to put on hold for a while..." He starts, letting her finish the thought as he gives a sweeping gesture. "We have a Valcano for an incinerator at least."

23. - Top - End - #1193
    Ogre in the Playground

Ilpholin looks her over briefly, before ushering her inside. "And you wish to become a member despite Prometheus' exile?"

"Well... yes. This is a place where I seem to be able to do my work in private, as not many people have come down to bother me." Lily says, "As a matter of fact, I'm fairly certain most of the members have forgotten I'm here."

24. - Top - End - #1194
    Ogre in the Playground

Ilpholins Office

Marciano nods again. Indeed. Spectaculah. 'E go' th' job done. Also...We migh''ave released a toxic abomination on Inside by "accident". Wasn't me faul', NO intafered.
    don't click this

25. - Top - End - #1195

Direct access to corrupted clientele both looking for and desperate enough for an edge that money would flow freely. Ilpholin thinks to herself. But far be it from her to dissuade him for that reason. She just needs to figure out why he wants to be here. And it's pretty clear. He thinks he can easily push people around here. Including her.

"Get your boots off my desk."
    Considering he's already been, Orrey's not so interested in trying Riverside again. Besides, those exact same parameters can be applied to both AMEN and the Red Zone in Inside. He has no reason to establish himself in some vampire-infested dump.

At least, that's what he thinks. Orrey does like pushing people around, and AMEN's private army is just one potential victim. The brutish man lowers his feet, sneering at Ilpholin, and puts his hands behind his head. "Arright, relax. Don't get your panties in a bunch." There is a point behind his apparent stupidity. He's testing her. Perhaps curious why she's in charge, and if he has a chance of taking that position.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

26. - Top - End - #1196

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Shayan's Labs

"I don't think we should cut corners, to be honest."
    Cin tells her with a slight frown. "Reason is because I think we should invest in a couple cryogen chambers too. If something happens to someone that we need to put on hold for a while..." He starts, letting her finish the thought as he gives a sweeping gesture. "We have a Valcano for an incinerator at least."
    Shayan's Lab

A small quirk of her lips is the only hint of a frown as she considers her options, "I suppose it wouldn't hurt to ask Ilpholin if she would consider going 'dutch' on a full compliment of surgical equipment if you consider it that important. I cannot cover it all alone if we were paying full price."

27. - Top - End - #1197
    Ogre in the Playground

AMEN's clientele is far more limited than the cities. Only so many minions around willing to drop a paycheck or two.

"So, according to your form, you have no references at all able to attest to your prior work?"

"Might I ask what exactly is the nature of your work?" Ilpholin asks Lily.

[Ilpholin's Office - Marciano

"Uh-huh. Well they can clean it up like any other random monster. So you'll be using these crystals to make the perfect thief now, huh? That's a tall order..." Especially in the Nexus.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

28. - Top - End - #1198

"I can introduce you to some friends, but victims? No," Orrey explains. Those references, however, would mostly be NPCs. "Do you know Zefir? I rolled with him for a while."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

29. - Top - End - #1199
    Ogre in the Playground

Ilpholin's Office

Marciano smiles now, huge teeth showing.Actually...I've had a change of priorities. A friendshowed me thi'. It's blueprints. Designs to a machine. It harnesses spirits. It will fuel a person with soul power. The possibilities are endlesh. A spirit engine, It drains the underworld of spirits, and channels huge amounts of power while destroying spirits. We could fuel all of the Nexus easily. We could do...anything. Create life, destroy life...bu' I need a team to build i'. I 'eard Amen's go' some pre'y smart people. I'll need help. These crystals will serve as the machines core.
    don't click this

30. - Top - End - #1200
    Ogre in the Playground

Lily nods, "My name is Lily Talrea, Second circle archmage. Most of what i do is simply magical research - I'm having a wonderful time disseminating a demonic bluewave as it's been dealing with my enchantments in a way many would deem 'weird'. It's really quite fascinating." the archmage seems to catch herself, however, "I've also worked out a few things to help with Prometheus' now abandoned experiments, but theoretically I could be invaluable to other endeavors by the members here. As long as it's interesting, I'd be happy to help."