New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Halfling in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Default Re: OOTS #835 - The Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Yeah, he is. At least someone posted a quote saying he'd get rid of the alignment system if allowed to do so. Just going by what I read. The quote you provided isn't germane to that thought.

Maybe someone who reads ALL Burlews comments can set us straight?

2. - Top - End - #332
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

The Mod Wonder: Please drop "rape" as a topic.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Chobarth View Post
    Yeah, he is. At least someone posted a quote saying he'd get rid of the alignment system if allowed to do so. Just going by what I read. The quote you provided isn't germane to that thought.

You're misreading the comment. What he said was, if given the power, he'd do away with attaching alignment tags to races. What he did not say was that he'd do away with the alignment system per se.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    You're misreading the comment. What he said was, if given the power, he'd do away with attaching alignment tags to races. What he did not say was that he'd do away with the alignment system per se.
    Indeed, in the post Chobarth is misquoting, Rich actually said he likes the alignment system overall.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chobarth View Post
    Kish is right.

Several people have been seriously misinterpreting Rich's comments that he made in the "Redcloak's failed characterization" thread. The irony of it is that a lot of people are coming in saying "Yeah, yeah, I agree with Rich... this or that aspect of D&D the game is bad" when that isn't what Rich is saying at all.

If anyone wants to read over the quotes again, you can find them through the link in my sig.
    "And yet, will we ever come to an end of discussion and talk if we think we must always reply to replies? For replies come from those who either cannot understand what is said to them, or are so stubborn and contentious that they refuse to give in even if they do understand." - St. Augustine

The Index of the Giant's Comments | Thanks, Bradakhan, for the avatar!

6. - Top - End - #336
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by teratorn View Post
    Just being curious. Am I the only person here who as seen Salò by Pasolini? I sort of expected references.
    I have - do you see a parallelism here? On an allegorical level, that is.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Halfling in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
    Kish is right.

Several people have been seriously misinterpreting Rich's comments that he made in the "Redcloak's failed characterization" thread. The irony of it is that a lot of people are coming in saying "Yeah, yeah, I agree with Rich... this or that aspect of D&D the game is bad" when that isn't what Rich is saying at all.

If anyone wants to read over the quotes again, you can find them through the link in my sig.
    Ah. I'm corrected then. Good, and thank you all. Probably a large amount of bias when I read the comment in the first place, as I do NOT like the alignment system whatsoever. But that's a soapbox that doesn't need mounting.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Pixie in the Playground

Just being curious. Am I the only person here who as seen Salò by Pasolini? I sort of expected references.
    Seen and trying to forget.
    Don't know much about "Art", but I know what I don't like.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bastian View Post
    I have - do you see a parallelism here? On an allegorical level, that is.
    Well, the ingredients are there, although it would be hard to discuss given forum rules. The cartoonish look makes it easy to view this as unrealistic, but it's still disturbing, particularly if one can relate this to a more realistic imagery like the one in the movie.

There's a lot of talk about of V, but Durkon should have stopped it. He should have killed Belkar there.
    Avatar: ruthless Parson (Erfworld).

10. - Top - End - #340
    Colossus in the Playground

This statement:

There's a lot of talk about of V, but Durkon should have stopped it. He should have killed Belkar there.
    doesn't really gel with this older one:

And then they learn coprophagy is part of a balanced kobold diet. Yuk yuk decides to side with the team just so he can get daily treats like these.
    though I'm guessing the older one was a bit tongue-in-cheek.
    Last edited by hamishspence; 2012-02-16 at 04:36 PM.
    Marut-2 Avatar by Serpentine
    New Marut Avatar by Linkele

11. - Top - End - #341
    Barbarian in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by ti'esar View Post
    Vaarsuvius, however, is not a paladin. I don't think anyone is denying this was a non-Good action, but V is neither Good nor trying to head that way - she's just trying to keep away from the "deep end of the alignment pool". Assisting in the torture of a fairly nasty kobold isn't going to help with that, but it won't catapult V back to the Dark Side either.
    Further into the dark side, you mean? The only part of V which has exhibited any real conscience after the Familicide is Blackwing. The elf might not want to be evil, but aspirations matter little and less.

And yes Murray, I believe so, though I consider Lawful more respectable.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronos988 View Post
    So, lawful good Durkon's only Problem with this is that they did not kill their defenseless and dominated Prisoner first?
    Interesting.
    That's actually a good point. I could argue that Durkon is simply too used to associating with his villainous companions, but that in itself is not truly all that good. Durkon definitely needs more character arcs to explore the effects the party has had on him.
    Brewing a new setting (3.5 ed D&D). The setting is complete and ready to play.
    Indeed, here is the recruitment thread for the first run.
    The above post was probably snide, snippy, tongue in cheek and/or opinionated. Consult your sense of humour before vexation. If still vexed, attempt to cease giving a damn. Thank you for reading this public service bulletin.