New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXXVIII: Nopony Expects Sponish Pinquisition!

Question: does anyone have any pictures of Celestia in full god-sorceress mode? Like real "step aside or be conflagrated by the light of the sun" kind of thing?
    Quoth the raven, "Polly wants a cracker."

Pony avatar by the Great and Powerful DirtyTabs. Lotsa hugs!

Scourge Caste avatar by the illustrious Akrim.elf. Thank you!

2. - Top - End - #452
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Weimann View Post
    Question: does anyone have any pictures of Celestia in full god-sorceress mode? Like real "step aside or be conflagrated by the light of the sun" kind of thing?
    Huh. The most I could think of at the top of my head are her fighting Luna/Nightmare Moon, and those are hardly the sort your looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

3. - Top - End - #453
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, any pics where it's clear that **** is going down, really.

Edit: I seem to recall one where Twilight's lying all busted up on the ground and Celestia is flipping the hell out with fire and magic.
    Last edited by Weimann; 2012-02-21 at 05:37 PM.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Dwarf in the Playground

How's this?

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #455
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Actually, I think that's the wrong way round. Original was too good.
    Aren't rumors fun?

I saw a couple of those a while ago. Two involved Twilight either hurt or crying. (Angry Celestia is bestia.) Third was just a picture. Have no idea where any of them are. Well actually you can find them if you dig in old ponythreads. I'll narrow it down for you. They were posted after August.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Litewarior View Post
    How's this?
    That is both very wrong and very right at once. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    I saw a couple of those a while ago. Two involved Twilight either hurt or crying. (Angry Celestia is bestia.) Third was just a picture. Have no idea where any of them are. Well actually you can find them if you dig in old ponythreads. I'll narrow it down for you. They were posted after August.
    Thanks. I'll go scout for them once my connections stops being a pain.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Ogre in the Playground

This JJ pic immediately comes to mind:
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #458
    Troll in the Playground

Um... Just figured I'd mention something for Soft Serve:

Spoiler
    Show
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

9. - Top - End - #459
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Hey, ponythread, a pesudo-poll that caught my eyes: Whos your favorite non-pony? To be fair, this has more to do that there are what, two recurring charecters that are decidedly not a pony, and as such I throw this question to the thread to see what happens.
    Discord. No contest.
    Truth resists simplicity.

10. - Top - End - #460
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh? happy birthday Soft Serve
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

11. - Top - End - #461
    Orc in the Playground

I dunno why I took such time to appear in this thread. Sorry folks, won't become a habit.

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    In you're still wanting to be killed and spirit-bound, Prince, I'm now ready when and if you are...!
    You were considering the possibility of me backing down? I haven't been hanging here long enough. Bring It.

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is another one of those wonderful things you are not supposed to like, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Also, every last one of you who says that Smile, Smile, Smile isn't the greatest thing ever is certifiably crazy.
    I'm just a mentally unique ~liiittle~ ~snooowflake~!

But on the episode (are we still supposed to spoiler? I'm going to spoiler):

Spoiler
    Show
    Smile is easily one of the strongest songs of the series (tough competition). I'm still a tad bitter over how it got spoiled for me, but it was the highlight of the episode nonetheless. Buh, My mind is picking nits like crazy right now. Doesn't matter, Episode is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Okay, random conversation addressed, now I suppose I should talk about the Boston meetup, since I attended it. So, first off, curse you all for convincing me to go.
    In a completely unrelated topic to what I just typed, I might be responsible for organizing the venue for the next one.

Remainder of comments in spoiler because I'm tired, so I'll probably ramble.
    Spoiler
    Show
    So as a first meetup, I was pretty happy with this one. There weren't any giantitp people, unfortunately, or if there were I didn't meet them and I was tossing around the name "Order of the Stick" pretty freely. Hopefully I even convinced a few people to read it! I think Jade was coming but then cancelled at the last minute, and I don't recall AmishPirate answering that he was coming, so I'll assume that he wasn't there rather than that I just missed him, but if anyone was there and we just totally failed to realize it, point it out please.

Actual meeting had ~25 people. I found them gathered with a girl balancing a large Twilight Sparkle plushie on her head, which was amazing and made me happy to see the group (for future reference, balancing pony plush on your head=pretty good icebreaker, but explaining likely required).

We hung out in downtown Boston for a bit, failed to find a restaurant and instead split up for 15 minutes to get food then rejoined. I ended up walking in the nearby park with 3 other people, which was fun and a good chance to get know them.

Then we met back up in the park and hung out while people ate and talked pony, video games, assorted random banter until everyone got cold. A couple people left at that point and the ~20 remaining went to a nearby mall (I don't actually know which one because I'm totally ignorant of the layout of downtown Boston). We hung out in the upstairs foodcourt, eventually got some tables, ate dinner and just talked pony and assorted topics that tended to devolve into pony for quite a while.

One disappointment was that nobody could figure out a way to get a projector and space to actually play today's episode on short notice and some people hadn't seen it, so we tried to avoid spoilers or singing Smile Smile Smile. Sad.

So, regarding my complaint in the opening. Let me share a little personal info that I don't think I've told to the thread, since this won't make sense otherwise. The law school that I presently attend is Harvard. I, uh, kind of feel like I'm being arrogant when I tell people that, so I apologize, that's not the intent. What is the intent though, is that I didn't think there were any bronies at Harvard law except the 3-4 people that I've personally tried to convert (with limited success). But, it turned out one of the people there worked in media services at Harvard law and we've probably seen each other like 100 times around the campus. And, since the conversation got into finding space with a projector, this other fellow and I tentatively suggested that if other Boston bronies were willing to pitch in $1-2 dollars each, I could probably book a room in Harvard law for a future meetup, with the bonus of likely getting a "bronies invade Harvard" EQD post out of the bargain. I can't help but think that some day in like 20 years I'll decide to run for political office and someone will dig up the pictures that arise out of all of this, but c'est la vie. It was too awesome to pass up.
    I'm glad you had fun, but for the record, You are only allowed to boast about Harvard university if I'm allowed to boast about my pathetic failures at one of the fancier schools of Stockholm.

EDIT:

Spoiler
    Show
    Is it Soft Serve's birthday? If so I'll offer her a drawrequest the next time we meet up in the chat.
    Last edited by PrinceAquilaDei; 2012-02-21 at 06:25 PM.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey, ponythread, a pesudo-poll that caught my eyes: Whos your favorite non-pony? To be fair, this has more to do that there are what, two recurring charecters that are decidedly not a pony, and as such I throw this question to the thread to see what happens.
    Spike. He's a bro.

13. - Top - End - #463

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAquilaDei View Post

You were considering the possibility of me backing down? I haven't been hanging here long enough. Bring It.
    Bah, go with Ghouldom. Adventurers dont try to break into your house and steal your stuff if you dont flaunt your spell-levels.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #464
    Orc in the Playground

Bah, go with Ghouldom. Adventurers dont try to break into your house and steal your stuff if you dont flaunt your spell-levels.
    There wont be reason to worry. I will attain neither the treasure nor the reputation required in just one year.

EDIT: And on a point of semantics, I wont have any spell-levels.
    Last edited by PrinceAquilaDei; 2012-02-21 at 06:34 PM.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Titan in the Playground

Right my fav not pony is Discord. No contest. Followed by Spike

In other news

Happy Birthday Soft Serve!
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

16. - Top - End - #466

There wont be reason to worry. I will attain neither the treasure nor the reputation required in just one year.

EDIT: And on a point of semantics, I wont have any spell-levels.
    Still, humans are a lot more willing to go on a epic quest to invade the personal privacy of a skelaton than a walking corpse. Dont ask me why, but its true.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #467
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    I clicked through that thing for a good 15 minutes looking for yours. Then I promptly clicked past it before my brain could tell my hand to stop clicking.

I also kept seeing one that had Midnight in it's name. After seeing it a few times I decided I'd see if it involved our Midnight. It then promptly stopped appearing.
    Haha! I appreciate the effort

(Still haven't located a story in that contest that I remotely like. I'm suddenly quite glad that I never opted to become a prereader)

My favourite part is the response to this. Everyone agrees it was an epic troll, nobody seems to be mad at him.
    Mine too. Very first response in the reveal thread was "I ain't even mad".

Strictly speaking both AUs and OCs have the potential to be really good, it's just a question of how well the writer can handle them, and it tends to be really easy to mess them up.
    Good author can execute any concept.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Guy doesn't even consult with me before running with stuff like this. He just wants to be first on the scene, and forgets that there isn't another major competing pony news source that he actually has to beat to the punch. Oh well, he's learning.
    Seth! You're running a monopoly here! I was literally just about to start telling the random new brony I met in class all of these 'awesome new reveals'!

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    Anyway, I would like to pose a challenge, one that I am certain most would be hessitant to take on. (With very possible exception of Thanqol, But we all know that pony is craaaaazy!)

The Pinkie Pie Make-a-Friend challenge!!!

It's simple, follow Pinkie's exact instructions.
    Kai, I run Operation: Indiscriminate Friendship. That's this except I get them to sing the song. Also I've done this at least once before (good results!)

Stephen Magnet.

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Why does everypony like that stupid STUPID song?!
    *Phoe'd*

Anyway,

See, I don't like the character of Pinkie in abstract. I've never been one for parties, and I have an inherent distaste for that kind of unrestrained hyperactivity. She's the pony I'd least be able to tolerate being near.

But I love this song.

It made the episode for me. Even though I'd normally have a response of 'mediocre' to that particular episode, the song put the entire thing in the right context. It made the entire thing function, and had me smiling for the entire rest of the day.

Because it's an act of joy. Unconditional, unrestrained joy. It has one request: Be happy. There's no ambiguity, there's no ulterior motive. It's such a sincere, honest, and wonderful request how can I possibly refuse?

Smile. It makes the whole world better.

18. - Top - End - #468
    Titan in the Playground

*shrug*

Gate XXV.

*Walks through gate to Prince*

Right. Easiest way to do this is the old-fashioned way.

This will hurt.

*Draws one short sword, whose blades glows with considerable heat energy*

*With one swift, practised move, stabs Prince through the heart, angling upwards and avoiding the bone*

*Steps back and cooly waits for Prince to die*

What?

You thought I was gonna use a non-violent way to kill him?

Bein' stabbed was good enough for me...

Also, there's the very practical reason that death spells tend to make the job harder (or outright impossible); ditto for life-drain.

19. - Top - End - #469
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    *shrug*

Gate XXV.

*Walks through gate to Prince*

Right. Easiest way to do this is the old-fashioned way.

This will hurt.

*Draws one short sword, whose blades glows with considerable heat energy*

*With one swift, practised move, stabs Prince through the heart, angling upwards and avoiding the bone*

*Steps back and cooly waits for Prince to die*
    *Chomps down on own hand to stop whimpish noises*

>Gife me haf a minufe<.

What?

You thought I was gonna use a non-violent way to kill him?
    (I didn't)
    Last edited by PrinceAquilaDei; 2012-02-21 at 07:42 PM.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Troll in the Playground

Is it Soft Serve's birthday?
    Indeed, my young ponywan

Replies to other posts later, too dead for it now.
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

21. - Top - End - #471
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Happy birthday, Soft!

22. - Top - End - #472
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Happy Birthday Soft Serve!
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

23. - Top - End - #473

Congrats for living thru another solar cycle, Soft Serve!
    Show

24. - Top - End - #474
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1
    And I just got here.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by D PEAR View Post
    And I just got here.
    Don't worry. I'm pretty sure we've been doomed for a while now.

Also: Welcome!

26. - Top - End - #476
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Um... hello?

I hear this is the place to go if you like ponies around here. I like ponies, so am I in the right place?

27. - Top - End - #477

Welcome to ponythead today!

also happy birthday to Soft.
    Last edited by MCerberus; 2012-02-21 at 07:40 PM.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

28. - Top - End - #478
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by McNum View Post
    Um... hello?

I hear this is the place to go if you like ponies around here. I like ponies, so am I in the right place?
    No, this is clearly the Transformers thread.
    More seriously though, welcome!
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

29. - Top - End - #479
    Titan in the Playground

And I just got here.
    Um... hello?

Welcome!
    Spoiler
    Show

Also, Happy Birthday Soft!

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

30. - Top - End - #480
    Titan in the Playground

Give me half a minute.

*bites down on own hand*
    *toes body*

'At'll does us.

Took a bit longer than I thought.
    Damn forum errors...!
    *Carts corpse back through Gate to Bleak Despair*

Summon Spirit.

*Prince's ghost appears*

Easily done, considering we've had the body to hand... Just float there for a bit...

Right.

Animate Dead. *skeleton explodes clean of flesh*

Okay. Now the longer bit. This'll take a few minutes.

Spirit-Binding True.

*gets on with laborious process of attaching ghost to animated skeleton*

And I just got here.
    Um... hello?

Don't mind the Lich over there casually murdering that guy, he literally asked for it, and the Commadore's just obliging him. I'm Hopereaver, his attache-slash-XO by the way, and don't mind if you're confused, this is ponythread, you'll be as crazy as the rest of in no time...

Oh, and happy birthday Soft Serve! I'm sure Bleakbane would wish you one too, but he's busy at the moment...

And...done!

That was fast!

Yeah, that last Spirit Vessel Will Reinforcement has done wonders, that is sooo much easier now! The magic just flowed. And I am a necromancer, after all...!

Right, there you go, skeleton warrior Prince! Normally we have a bit of more of a ceremony and such, but anyway, here's a packet of crisps and more usefully, and symbolically, a spare Aotrs-issue heat-enchanted short sword.

Enjoy your sudden clarity of mind, improved physical capabilities, and remember not to stand in the OFC beam because it fragging hurts, and remember that you have a Con-drain aura now. I mean, you can turn it off if you like. I don't, because, y'know, Evil.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-02-21 at 08:03 PM.