Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Results 1 to 23 of 23
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Colossus in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    My skills exceed yours!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Get Back Here, You Son of A-! (3.5 Feat, PEACH)

    All-Out Attack (Fighter)
    Prerequisites: Int 13, Combat Expertise, Improved Trip, BAB +6
    Benefit: Your allies within 60' gain the Pounce extraordinary special attack against any creature that is currently prone due to a successful Trip attempt by you. At the end of a charge made against a creature who is currently prone after being Tripped by you, your allies may make a full attack. The +2 bonus to attack rolls from charging applies to each attack roll your ally makes with this Pounce.

    As a constant secondary benefit of this feat, you gain the Pounce extraordinary special attack. When you Pounce against a creature that is prone, you deal an extra 1d6 points of damage per point of Strength bonus you have (minimum of +1d6).
    Last edited by NeoSeraphi; 2012-02-22 at 03:37 PM.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Lord_Gareth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007

    Default Re: Get Back Here, You Son of A-! (3.5 Feat, PEACH)

    ....Ooooor I can save my feats and learn some White Raven. This is a lot of investment for not a whole lot of reward.


    Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Colossus in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    My skills exceed yours!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Get Back Here, You Son of A-! (3.5 Feat, PEACH)

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Gareth View Post
    ....Ooooor I can save my feats and learn some White Raven. This is a lot of investment for not a whole lot of reward.
    Yeah, but Tome of Battle isn't always accepted at tables. Plus, White Raven only lets you have your allies charge an enemy, it doesn't give them pounce or anything.

    Still, if you're going to criticize me, then I suppose I'll ask, how would you make it better?

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Lord_Gareth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007

    Default Re: Get Back Here, You Son of A-! (3.5 Feat, PEACH)

    Honestly? I'd just turn pounce into a feat straight-up instead of limiting it to Lion Totem Barbarians only. Since we're 'brewing here already, we can more-or-less accept that melee characters need pounce the way they need lungs. Why continue to require the dip?


    Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Colossus in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    My skills exceed yours!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Get Back Here, You Son of A-! (3.5 Feat, PEACH)

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Gareth View Post
    Honestly? I'd just turn pounce into a feat straight-up instead of limiting it to Lion Totem Barbarians only. Since we're 'brewing here already, we can more-or-less accept that melee characters need pounce the way they need lungs. Why continue to require the dip?
    Fair enough. How does it look now?

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Razgriez's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Get Back Here, You Son of A-! (3.5 Feat, PEACH)

    I like the idea as a feat actually. An interesting choice to consider if you use Trip weapons for your Melee build. Heck, it even offers an interesting option to Monks that take Improved trip.
    Final Fantasy XIV Dragoon custom avatar made by Iruka. Thanks Iruka.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Get Back Here, You Son of A-! (3.5 Feat, PEACH)

    Nice little Persona reference there, and the feat seems pretty well balanced with the pre-requistes. although I would suggest adding something that somewhat limits how many people can get pounce from the feat, maybe a radius or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    So please, by Anthony Bourdain's left nut, do not call gravy blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekkin View Post
    the only way to get it into space was to build the atmospheric stages on top of it like a 400-ton hat made of fire and structural inadequacy.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Colossus in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    My skills exceed yours!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Get Back Here, You Son of A-! (3.5 Feat, PEACH)

    Quote Originally Posted by dethkruzer View Post
    Nice little Persona reference there, and the feat seems pretty well balanced with the pre-requistes. although I would suggest adding something that somewhat limits how many people can get pounce from the feat, maybe a radius or something.
    Done, thanks.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boston, MA

    Default Re: Get Back Here, You Son of A-! (3.5 Feat, PEACH)

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeraphi View Post
    Yeah, but Tome of Battle isn't always accepted at tables. Plus, White Raven only lets you have your allies charge an enemy, it doesn't give them pounce or anything.
    Are there tables where ToB isn't allowed but homebrew is? That's surprising. I think the second point about allowing pounc is much more substantive.
    My homebrew:

    Spoiler
    Show


    Completed:
    ToB disciplines:

    The Narrow Bridge
    The Broken Blade

    Prestige classess:
    Disciple of Karsus -PrC for Karsites.
    The Seekers of Lost Swords and the Preserver of Future Blades Two interelated Tome of Battle Prcs,
    Master of the Hidden Seal - Binder/Divine hybrid
    Knight of the Grave- Necromancy using Gish



    Worthwhile links:

    Age of Warriors

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Colossus in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    My skills exceed yours!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Get Back Here, You Son of A-! (3.5 Feat, PEACH)

    Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaZ View Post
    Are there tables where ToB isn't allowed but homebrew is? That's surprising. I think the second point about allowing pounc is much more substantive.
    Yes. I'm part of such a game right now. The easy access for a DM is another factor to consider (Not every DM wants to shell out 40 dollars for a book, meanwhile homebrew is simple and free).

    Same arguments against ToB that don't apply to homebrew: People don't want to learn a new system, people think per-encounter abilities are too 4.0, etc. None of that applies to homebrew (at least, not non-ToB homebrew)

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boston, MA

    Default Re: Get Back Here, You Son of A-! (3.5 Feat, PEACH)

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeraphi View Post
    Yes. I'm part of such a game right now. The easy access for a DM is another factor to consider (Not every DM wants to shell out 40 dollars for a book, meanwhile homebrew is simple and free).

    Same arguments against ToB that don't apply to homebrew: People don't want to learn a new system, people think per-encounter abilities are too 4.0, etc. None of that applies to homebrew (at least, not non-ToB homebrew)
    Huh. The cost thing makes a surprising amount of sense.
    My homebrew:

    Spoiler
    Show


    Completed:
    ToB disciplines:

    The Narrow Bridge
    The Broken Blade

    Prestige classess:
    Disciple of Karsus -PrC for Karsites.
    The Seekers of Lost Swords and the Preserver of Future Blades Two interelated Tome of Battle Prcs,
    Master of the Hidden Seal - Binder/Divine hybrid
    Knight of the Grave- Necromancy using Gish



    Worthwhile links:

    Age of Warriors

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Not too hot, not too cold
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Get Back Here, You Son of A-! (3.5 Feat, PEACH)

    I'm unalterably opposed to feats that grant powers to creatures other than the feat user.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Colossus in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    My skills exceed yours!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Get Back Here, You Son of A-! (3.5 Feat, PEACH)

    Quote Originally Posted by Straybow View Post
    I'm unalterably opposed to feats that grant powers to creatures other than the feat user.
    Well, I'm sorry to hear that. I happen to enjoy working together with my party instead of just having each of us do our own thing independently of each other.
    Last edited by NeoSeraphi; 2012-02-22 at 06:42 PM.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boston, MA

    Default Re: Get Back Here, You Son of A-! (3.5 Feat, PEACH)

    Quote Originally Posted by Straybow View Post
    I'm unalterably opposed to feats that grant powers to creatures other than the feat user.
    Why? Is there a reason that spells can do this but not feats? What about class features? Can bards providing morale boosts occur? If so, why is that different?
    My homebrew:

    Spoiler
    Show


    Completed:
    ToB disciplines:

    The Narrow Bridge
    The Broken Blade

    Prestige classess:
    Disciple of Karsus -PrC for Karsites.
    The Seekers of Lost Swords and the Preserver of Future Blades Two interelated Tome of Battle Prcs,
    Master of the Hidden Seal - Binder/Divine hybrid
    Knight of the Grave- Necromancy using Gish



    Worthwhile links:

    Age of Warriors

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Minnesota
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Get Back Here, You Son of A-! (3.5 Feat, PEACH)

    When I read the title, I thought this was going to be a defender type feat.

    Maybe I should make one to fit my vision.

    Get Back Here!
    Prerequisites: BAB +1
    Benefit: At the start of you turn, you may pick a single enemy within charging distance of you. If the enemy is within your reach, you must attack him, if he is outside your reach, you must charge him, if he is out of your reach but close enough you can't charge him, you must move towards him and attack him. Until the start of your next turn when the feat refreshes, he takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls against your allies, and if he attacks one of your allies or casts a spell while within charging distance, you may charge him, attack him, or move and attack him as an immediate action, with an extra effect of giving him an additional -2 penalty to attack your allies or doubling the DC of the concentration check to cast the spell.
    Special: You do not count as your own ally for the purposes of this feat. And as clarity for Curmudgeon, this feat works on female and gender-neutral enemies.
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonest; 2012-02-22 at 08:33 PM.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Colossus in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    My skills exceed yours!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Get Back Here, You Son of A-! (3.5 Feat, PEACH)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    When I read the title, I thought this was going to be a defender type feat.

    Maybe I should make one to fit my vision.

    Get Back Here!
    Prerequisites: BAB +1
    Benefit: At the start of you turn, pick a single enemy within charging distance of you. If the enemy is within your reach, you must attack him, if he is outside your reach, you must charge him, if he is out of your reach but close enough you can't charge him, you must move towards him and attack him. Until the start of your next turn when the feat refreshes, he takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls against your allies, and if he attacks one of your allies or casts a spell while within charging distance, you may charge him immediately, giving him an additional -2 penalty to attack your allies or doubling the DC of the concentration check to cast the spell.
    Special: You do not count as your own ally for the purposes of this feat. And as clarity for Curmudgeon, this feat works on female and gender-neutral enemies.
    Seems like a trap, after all, as written, it's not optional.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Minnesota
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Get Back Here, You Son of A-! (3.5 Feat, PEACH)

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeraphi View Post
    Seems like a trap, after all, as written, it's not optional.
    Yeah, that was the intent, but I can see where you would rather hold a choke point.

    Although I did say that when he attacks an ally you *may* charge him.

    Changed the wording to be more clear on some of the other stuff though.
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonest; 2012-02-22 at 08:18 PM.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Colossus in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    My skills exceed yours!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Get Back Here, You Son of A-! (3.5 Feat, PEACH)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    Yeah, that was the intent, but I can see where you would rather hold a choke point.

    Although I did say that when he attacks an ally you *may* charge him.

    Changed the wording to be more clear on some of the other stuff though.
    Again, trap. Most characters who enjoy the "tanking" thing play Lawful characters (like knights and paladins), and since you don't give the option to avoid choosing an enemy every round, you will be forced to seek and attack your enemies even if they have surrendered (which can cause paladins to fall).

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Minnesota
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Get Back Here, You Son of A-! (3.5 Feat, PEACH)

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeraphi View Post
    Again, trap. Most characters who enjoy the "tanking" thing play Lawful characters (like knights and paladins), and since you don't give the option to avoid choosing an enemy every round, you will be forced to seek and attack your enemies even if they have surrendered (which can cause paladins to fall).
    Oh I see. Fixed that.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Not too hot, not too cold
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeraphi View Post
    Well, I'm sorry to hear that. I happen to enjoy working together with my party instead of just having each of us do our own thing independently of each other.
    I'm sorry to hear that your party has such difficulty working together they need a special feat to make it happen.

    Let me be more clear rather than single-sentence concise: Working together != granted powers for which they may have no prerequisites or qualifications at all. And we aren't talking about an untrained feat or something. An extraordinary ability is "not something that just anyone can do or even learn to do without extensive training."

    This feat (not itself an Ex ability) grants this Ex ability temporarily to any Shmo who happens to be an ally at the moment. Not only to allies who have sparred and trained with the feat user over a period of time and so might learn how to take advantage of the feat user's successful trip. Nor all who have some prerequisite feat of their own. All without limits of any kind. The 0-level commoner who drinks with the feat user at the pub when a bar fight breaks out gets this Ex ability.

    It doesn't even have the Pounce Ex ability as a prerequisite, so the character who is mystically bestowing Pounce on his allies may not have it him/herself. That's way out of balance.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Get Back Here, You Son of A-! (3.5 Feat, PEACH)

    Quote Originally Posted by Straybow View Post
    This feat (not itself an Ex ability) grants this Ex ability temporarily to any Shmo who happens to be an ally at the moment.
    Note that feats are considered Ex unless otherwise stated.

    Quote Originally Posted by Straybow View Post
    It doesn't even have the Pounce Ex ability as a prerequisite, so the character who is mystically bestowing Pounce on his allies may not have it him/herself. That's way out of balance.
    Why would it have it as a prerequisite when it grants it to the character* for free? That doesn't make sense.
    *The character who selects this feat, that is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Water_Bear View Post
    That's RAW for you; 100% Rules-Legal, 110% silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
    "Common sense" and "RAW" are not exactly on speaking terms
    Projects: Homebrew, Gentlemen's Agreement, DMPCs, Forbidden Knowledge safety, and Top Ten Worst. Also, Quotes and RACSD are good.

    Anyone knows blue is for sarcas'ing in "Take 10 SAN damage from Dark Orchid" Use of gray may indicate nitpicking Green is sincerity

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Cieyrin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Get Back Here, You Son of A-! (3.5 Feat, PEACH)

    Quote Originally Posted by Straybow View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that your party has such difficulty working together they need a special feat to make it happen.

    Let me be more clear rather than single-sentence concise: Working together != granted powers for which they may have no prerequisites or qualifications at all. And we aren't talking about an untrained feat or something. An extraordinary ability is "not something that just anyone can do or even learn to do without extensive training."

    This feat (not itself an Ex ability) grants this Ex ability temporarily to any Shmo who happens to be an ally at the moment. Not only to allies who have sparred and trained with the feat user over a period of time and so might learn how to take advantage of the feat user's successful trip. Nor all who have some prerequisite feat of their own. All without limits of any kind. The 0-level commoner who drinks with the feat user at the pub when a bar fight breaks out gets this Ex ability.

    It doesn't even have the Pounce Ex ability as a prerequisite, so the character who is mystically bestowing Pounce on his allies may not have it him/herself. That's way out of balance.
    ...you know, I can actually see something to that, though I have a counter-offer on how it can still work but not just grant it to anybody, regardless of their lack of experience: Make it a Teamwork Benefit, which can be found in DMG2, Dungeonscape and Heroes of Battle. They're designed so that the team leader (who would be the guy taking the feat, like here) would have to meet the major requirements but the team members (everybody else who could benefit) have to meet some minimal requirements and then spend time to practice as a team to pull it off. It's a really nice way to get mechanical benefits for having worked together for years, I'm always surprised that I don't see people using them more, other than the books are somewhat less mainstream than Core and Completes. I can write it up as one later, as a separate option to the feat.
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

    My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Not too hot, not too cold
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tuggyne View Post
    Note that feats are considered Ex unless otherwise stated.
    Hmmm, I suppose a feat being useable untrained might then qualify as stated as not Ex, there if not useable untrained it would default to Ex unless specifically stated. OK.

    Why would it have it as a prerequisite when it grants it to the character* for free? That doesn't make sense.
    Ummm, that's my point when I mention that it doesn't have Pounce as prerequisite (elective feat or class ability). Sorry I didn't lawyerese all the ramifications of my statement.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •