New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: PTTA-Kanto: NWBS IC

Jason and Jordan (And anyone who rolls a 15+ if you didn't get a chance to roll)
    Spoiler
    Show
    The file is faded and significantly worn, it looks like it's been left out in the rain and snatched out of a fire but you can still make out the words on the front. Project Pokemon

Oak gives Rowen a long hard look as he talks, and when he finishes the old man gets up. Staggers over to Rowen on his cane and give him another look up and down.

Caring for you family is all well and good but if you go out on your own you'll just be killing youself. Now I won't tell you not to do it, it's not my place, but you should think about your actions before you make them. I don't care very much for the bold and rash. As for your sister... Well, that's better left unsaid. And even if I knew the truth it probably wouldn't stop you from wanting to see it for yourself. His eyes narrow, almost as if he's really trying to see you. Finally he say's
    Your not going out alone. And since it's you boys you'll need all the help you can get. You have no idea of what's out there. I just managed to catch her, she's still feral... No choice. I can't send you out alone. Byte? Bring me Project E. You can hear the pokemon respond from in the computer and zoom across all the screens until eventually he hits a pod on the far right of the room that opens up from the bottom and a small pokeball with the letter "E" written on it raises from inside. Oak staggers over, picks it up and walks back to Rowen.

You think you're tough boy? Good. You'll be needing it for this one. as he hands you the small pokeball. She's a feisty one. The others three are fairly tame, and they'll listen to you. Even before I trained them they were always the most responsive. Zero-Four- I mean... Charmander, was the hardest but even she was a pushover at the end of the day. You say you're Apaul boy? Oak directs towards Delita. Well if he does make it back, and if anyone could it would be him, I'll have a chat with him. Meantime you must be curious of what happened to your father, Byte? Bring up the last few recordings we have of the scouting party.

Rowen
    Spoiler
    Show
    Congratulations you are now the proud owner of a lv 5 Female Eevee. You can either Roll for Nature or take the default of Poised. Loyalty is a big 0

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Odd I posted that I looked, but never rolled. Fixing that now.
    (1d20+1)[9]

"Honestly I could care less what happens to him."
    Delita said coldly as he crosses his arms. "Good luck talking to him though since he feels murdering them is a much better choice than raising them."

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ettin in the Playground

Taking the ball, Rowen nods, saying, "Heh... Sol told me once, 'The things most worth doing are the hardest to actually see through.' And... thanks." With that, he looks at the ball for a moment, before turning his attention to the screens.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Spoiler: Currently Running
    Show
    None ATM

Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    None ATM

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

Jordan had never been one for subtlety, and now was not the time to start. He looks at Oak for a long second.
    "We're not going anywhere until you tell us more. How did you survive? What do you know that can help us? How'd you get those Pokemon? And what the hell is Project Pokemon?"
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

5. - Top - End - #185
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Oak is fiddling with his computer when Jordan talks and he stops dead in his tracks.

...That was nothing. I'm trying to concentrate. Don't bug me he snaps This is... This is important. I set this computer to record the conversations from the radio I gave to the scouting troupe but it looks damaged. I'm trying to salvage it He is now typing more furiously than ever. Ahh, here we go, I've got something. as he begins to playback the recorded sound data. The voices are scratchy and it's hard to tell who's talking but you hear this:

..."Dead, all dead, just like that, I can't I just can't take this. Luke man. It barely looked at Luke and he just... (*Naughty Word*)ing Exploded! How do you stop something like that?!" "Mathers just Shut Up!" "How can you be so calm?! Everyone else is dead but the three of us!" "Just Shut Up! I'm Not dying. I can't leave my idiot son to fend for himself, he'd get himself killed." "No offense Apaul but I'm not exactly concerned for your son right now, it's us you should be worried about" [SFX-A Large Cat lets out an attack cry] [SFX-Muffled Radio] "-believe you God-" [SFX-Muffled Radio]

Oak plays with the communication system a bit Hold on, it seems some of this feedback was damaged on its way over... interference. I'll see if I can't piece it back together. Here we go.

..."Oh God, Oh God there's just too much of it" "You're doing fine Eric just keep pressure on it" "I'm trying! Oh (*Expletive*). There's just not enough time, it's going to find us any second now!" "Then keep you're voice down, I'm almost done." "...Damn it... I can't stop here... My son..." "You're son's going to be fine Apaul we're all going to be fine" "... I lost his mother... couldn't find her before the disasters..." "It's fine Apaul, save your strength" "... Hadn't seen her in years anyway but I wanted... I just wanted to..." "I know I know, you've got to calm yourself, I'm not used to doing stitch work like this." "That boy... that stupid stubborn boy... he's all I have left." "Oh god Apaul please you need to hold on" "I've done some terrible things... I've been a terrible father..." "I'm sure that's not true" "That thing... that... pet he brought home I saw it and I just... seeing him with that... thing..." "Apaul you can tell him when you see him, we're getting out of this" "I never told him I found his mother..." "You can tell him as soon as we get back" "...Big purple Rhino thing on top of her... I killed it... tried to save her..." "I'm sure you did your best" "She was gone... too far gone... just kept asking me 'Where's Del? Is he Ok?' ... I lied, told her I found him, before I had" "It's what she wanted to hear you did the right thing" "...she told me she was glad he was finally with his father... told me to keep him safe... wished she could see him grow to be a big stro-(*Hacks up Blood*) strong man" "Apaul please-" "Strong... like his father." "He's a fine young man" "I tried... Lord knows I tried to toughen him up... when I saw him... when I saw him with that... Thing. I just... I snapped. I couldn't handle... couldn't handle loosing him to them... loosing him like I did his mother." "Oh god, please, please just hold on" "He hates me now... I can see it. See it in his eyes. From the moment I snapped that things neck..." "He doesn't hate you, he's your son, he loves you" "I can't leave him yet... even if he hates me for it... he's not strong enough yet... he's to stupid... to stubborn... like his old man..." "You'll have time with him" [SFX-Cat Roars in the distance] "Oh God, Greg! Greg it's coming hurry up!"[/COLOR] "I can hear it Eric thank you! Apaul! What are you?" "Get off... I'll be fine." "Apaul you are not fine, I haven't even finished stitching you yet they could pop any second!" "Go..." "Apaul I can't-" "Just go, take the boy, I'm not leaving these woods anyway. I'll hold him off" "Apaul I'm not leavin-" [SFX-A hit and a grunt] "Greg! What? Why would you?!" "Take him kid..." "But I-" "Just take him and go, you're too young to die... get back to camp... and take these..." [COLOR=Green]"These are-" "For my son... if you see him" "He's too heavy I can't-" [SFX-Large Cat attack cry] "Damn it!" [SFX-Gunshots then a large crack and then radio static].

.... the radio on their side must have been damaged. This is where the feedback ends.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    You are all aware that Luke Wellington, another member of the scouting party, was also the designated "Doctor" of the team, and the closest thing to a physician Pallet Town had.
    Last edited by Prophet_of_Io; 2012-04-06 at 01:50 AM.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

As the sound plays Delita at first sounds annoyed and uninterested. However, when the second recording starts he freezes in shock. A part of him wanted to run away, the other part was frozen in place unable to move. He struggled to hold back his eyes from watering out of pride and clenched his teeth and fist. No...no...no no no no no no! It isn't supposed to be like this...I hate him...I should be glad... He thought to himself as he closed his eyes and listened to the rest of the recording. When it ended, Delita didn't say a word, but turned and walked out of the lab not looking at anyone.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Eli just listens, trying to hold back tears. He hoped some of them survived... but somewhere, he knew that they weren't coming back.
    One day, this signature will be something. Until then... I guess it will still kinda be something.

PC Registry

Games I'm DMing
    City of Ezerin (homebrew)

Games I'm in:
    PTTA: NWBS

8. - Top - End - #188
    Troll in the Playground

Bob just stares ahead of him. His eyes emotionless. Then his view shifts to Jordan, questioning.

What does it mean? Are they really dead. Did the thing we fought earlier did all that? And in that case, why aren't we dead?

"Jordan, what do you make of this?"
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moranica View Post
    Bob just stares ahead of him. His eyes emotionless. Then his view shifts to Jordan, questioning.

What does it mean? Are they really dead. Did the thing we fought earlier did all that? And in that case, why aren't we dead?

"Jordan, what do you make of this?"
    Jordan hadn't known many of the people on the radio transmission, something he was thankful for.
    "I don't know. But, but if all of them, some of the best equipped people in the world couldn't make it to Viridian, how the hell are we supposed to?"

Show

10. - Top - End - #190
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

While everyone else was focused on the recording, Jason only half heard it. He had taken the egg behind a counter and set it down as it violently convulsed. More and more cracks spider-webbed throughout the shell as a familiar blue nose poked through. Within moments Jason was peeling shattered pieces of eggshell from the Bulbasaur's body. "I suppose you don't remember me, eh little guy? Er, girl. I guess you're a girl after all." She just looked at him quietly and tilted her head to the side. "It's okay, we get a fresh start. First, you need a name... how's Venus?" The Bulbasaur took a step closer and nudged his knee just like it had when he had first met it. "Venus it is then. Well Venus, I'm Jason and I'm going to raise and take care of you to the best of my ability."

He stepped back to the group with Venus in his arms just as the recording finished and he was able to get a glance at Del's expressionless face as he walked out of the lab. All he could say was, "What do we do?"

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ettin in the Playground

As the recording plays, Rowen lets his head fall, trying to keep his own fear for Eric's survival from showing through. Hearing Eric's panicked tone, he thinks to himself, All the effort, all the work we put in to prepare ourselves for fighting these things... and it all falls apart like this? I can admit... Apaul was a far stronger fighter than Eric, just from raw power. But if the two of them, plus the rest of that group, weren't able to match these things... He closes his eyes, fighting back tears at Apaul's sacrifice. I can't imagine what Delita's thinking, after all that... from the sound of things, they didn't have the best relationship. Not like me and Eric... thinking about it, this was really his first time out there. He fought a couple of the smaller things in the wilderness... but he sounded completely lost, there. If he couldn't do this... then how can I? I want to find them... but... from the sound of things, Eric probably didn't survive that fight, and if he couldn't survive out there, how could Elly? His thoughts continue to cycle for a minute, before he catches Jordan's question, and then Jason's. What... what do we do? What would you do, Eric? If you were here... what would you do? Rowen's thoughts drift for a moment, to the beginning of the storms. He remembers how Eric took control, when the boys thought they wouldn't be able to survive what was happening to the world, and help pull them together, to pull them through. His eyes open, and he looks around, seeing no sign of Delita, but seeing the others there. Jason, with the plant-creature... the Bulbasaur. Jordan, with Raist... Eli, with Shia... Bob with the Squirtle... he looks towards the door, where Delita went outside, along with his Charmander. And he looks back at the capture ball in his hand, marked with an E. Sol... he knew he might not make it back. He knew they might not be able to handle this... but he tried, because it needed done. And me... how can I call myself his student if I'm not willing to follow his example?

Rowen turns his attention to the group as a whole, a determined glint in his eyes, and says, "What we do is simple. We go to Viridian. We don't necessarily have to be strong enough to fight these things, so long as we're smart enough to stay away from the most powerful ones. And... we've got something they didn't." He holds up the ball in his hand as an example. "The simple fact is, Pallet Town needs these supplies, and as of now we've got the best chance at getting them. As I said before... I want to go regardless. Even if I didn't have other reasons to leave Pallet, I'd still want to go - because if I can do this, or even just have the best chance of doing it, and don't... what right do I have to ask anyone else to do it? So I'm going... and honestly, from what I've seen, I think we'd be able to do this working together. You guys in?"
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

Jordan listens to the speech.
    Poor sap, he just lost what was basically his dad.... We don't have a chance of making it, but we're damned if we don't go for it. Raist, you in? Jordan thinks.
    For now.

"I'll go with you," Jordan says, striding forward.

Show

13. - Top - End - #193
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Jason thinks back to the fight with the rats and how Ven- how Zero-One handled herself. Venus would grow to be strong again. And along the way he could do his best to keep his new friends healthy and alive. "We're in," he says with a glance to the blue froglike creature in his arms. "But we're going to need more medical supplies."

14. - Top - End - #194
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Perhaps... perhaps I've been a bit to personal. Oak said glancing out the doorway. Is answers what you think you need? he directs towards Jordan in an almost accusatory fashion.

I suppose that would only be fair. That boy outside, a friend of one of yours I suppose, tell him to this for me would you? Go to Viridian and fetch me my package. When you return I'll give all of you all the answers you ask of me. What I have given you are yours to keep and the answers you get are also you to do with what you please, but first I need my package. Now... get out. I'm a tired old man and my heart's not as strong as it used to be. Go wherever you want but get out of here.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Delita stood outside the lab facing Viridian City watching in silence while the others talked and waited inside. He tried not to think, not to feel, and just exist.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

Jordan goes outside and slumps to the ground, leaning against the lab. He tries to make idle conversation with Raist, but the Abra just goes to sleep.

Show

17. - Top - End - #197
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Yeah, I'm in as well. I think the best thing we can do to honor their memories is to get those supplies. Says Eli, I don't know how we're going to make it, but yea, as long as we stay stealthy... we should be fine.
    One day, this signature will be something. Until then... I guess it will still kinda be something.

PC Registry

Games I'm DMing

Games I'm in:

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ettin in the Playground

Rowen nods, and turns to head out the door, slipping the ball into one of his pockets. Heading outside, he looks towards Delita, and sighs, uncertain as to what to say.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

Jordan follows in silence, leaning heavily on his staff. All that excitement from earlier had taken a lot out of him.

Raist follows a few feet behind in silence as well.

Show

20. - Top - End - #200
    Troll in the Playground

Bob senses the mood and keeps quiet. He knows his words can't heal any wounds, and are more likely to tear open old ones. His head hanging he shuffles outside, following Jordan, nearly tripping over Raist.

Once outside he just stands there, waiting. Unsure what to do.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."

21. - Top - End - #201
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Eli stayed silent fro a moment. Then went outside.

Lets just get this done.

PC Registry

Games I'm DMing

Games I'm in:

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Yeah." Delita says with a nod. "Sooner we get started, sooner we can finish this."

23. - Top - End - #203
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Jason's request for medical supplies ignored, he too stepped outside. "Too bad he couldn't give us some pokeballs or something. That would have been useful, too," he mentioned to no one in particular. They seemed to have gathered outside and most of them looked lost on what to do next. "So, Viridian city's that way? Let's get going."

24. - Top - End - #204
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

The walk back towards the outskirts of the route to Viridian is quieter than the first trip but also strangely calmer. Words just don't seem to need to be spoken.

However it becomes quickly apparent that the rest of the world has picked back up again. As you enter the thickets you can hear the grass rustling around you and birds are flying over head. The route is alive again.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    As a reminder you all have an extra ability in my game. Once a day at any time you might find one you can roll a d100 and I'll put you in a fight with a pokemon. The pokemon are still weary so you can skip to nightfall safely walking the whole time, but if you go looking for one it's easy enough to find. Just no way to catch it. Eli is aware that walking through the night you could reach Viridian city by 1 AM. It is currently 4:30 PM. It's also more dangerous at night.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Titan in the Playground

Jordan walks along, keeping his eyes peeled for a potential fight. Raist could actually do something now, and he'd take advantage of it.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[84]

Show

26. - Top - End - #206
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Jordan
    As the group travels through the wilds your mind is elsewhere. Raist is finally less useless and your interested in just how useful he may be. You're looking around for a good test subject when a bird flys down just a few feet from you. It's small and covered in brown feathers, with a few on the top of it's head jutting up. As you approach it, it eyes you wearily.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Question, when we use our ability is it a 1 vs 1 with us vs the pokemon. Or can others help? Because I'm trying to decide between getting extra XP or not. On one hand XP is nice, on the other hand I don't want to slow us down for one pokemon worth of XP that only I'd be getting.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

"Raist, kill it," Jordan says, wanting to make sure last time wasn't a fluke.

The Abra dashes across the field and slams the bird with an Ice-covered fist.

Spoiler
    Show
    Raist uses Ice Punch!
    AC: 2+DEF (1d20)[5]
    Damage: Physical, Ice (2d12+18)[39]

Also, note that I automatically know the name of the Pokemon due to Researcher.
    Last edited by Arcran; 2012-04-09 at 01:39 PM.

Show

29. - Top - End - #209
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Something more for the OOC thread but to answer it: Most of the pokemon will run if confronted by a large group. But if you have the misfortune of running into one of the bigger or meaner pokemon you'll app probably need to jump in to get out alive. The lower the roll the rarer or stronger the pokemon that will appear. But most of these battles won't last long. I'm not even making maps for the majority of them

The bird doest know what hit it. One second it's eyeing the two strange humanoids, the next the smaller Ome had disappeared and reappeared hitting it with a numbingly cold fist. The small bird drops immidietly.

OOC
    Jordan and Raist share 75 xp
    Last edited by Prophet_of_Io; 2012-04-09 at 01:54 PM.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Delita doesn't say anything but after watching the pokemon fight looks back at the charmander. She was looking around as if wanting to fight. He sighed as he looked around as well. He would need all the strength he could get and he wanted to be the best friend to the Charmander that anyone could be.

Might as well help it with a fight...I can learn more about how it fights, get it stronger, and teach it some of the enhanced training things dad taught me...

Spoiler
    Show

[roll0]
    See OOC, I forgot to fix the dice after that "The boards require you to wait X seconds"
    Last edited by Major; 2012-04-09 at 02:27 PM.