New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Exclamation Name titles - Bored of being a pixie?

I spent a while searching around and found the number of posts needed to ascend to the next level of name-hood! I did it because I was bored of being a pixie and in frustration, had to find out.

Ghost -
    Pixie -
    Halfling -
    Dwarf -
    Orc -
    Barbarian -
    Bugbear -
    Ogre -
    Troll -
    Ettin -
    Firbalg -
    And all the mods have over

Now does this seem a very steep hill? I think they should throw a few smaller names in. - Skeleton, - kobold, - Elf, - Human

What do you think? Do they require some thinning out? Or am I just achievement hunting?
    Last edited by Rawhide; 2012-02-22 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Numbers removed
    “After nourishment, shelter and companionship, stories are the thing we need most in the world.”
    ―Philip Pullman

2. - Top - End - #2
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

Default Re: Name titles - Bored of being a pixie?

Aye. Almost correct.

Inane Meowing goes here to plump out the post.
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

3. - Top - End - #3
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ryulin18 View Post
    Now does this seem a very steep hill? I think they should throw a few smaller names in. 10 - Skeleton, 20 - kobold, 75 - Elf, 200 - Human

What do you think? Do they require some thinning out? Or am I just achievement hunting?
    As the forum policy is "it doesn't matter and don't talk about it", it's highly unlikely they'll be adding anything in.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Or am I just achievement hunting?
    There's no achievement in post counts.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Titles don't matter, and aren't "achievements." Treating them as such may lead someone to simply post like mad in order to "advance." That's not what a forum is about - a forum is about enjoying pleasant discussions, not racking up a huge post count.
    "And yet, will we ever come to an end of discussion and talk if we think we must always reply to replies? For replies come from those who either cannot understand what is said to them, or are so stubborn and contentious that they refuse to give in even if they do understand." - St. Augustine

The Index of the Giant's Comments | Thanks, Bradakhan, for the avatar!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

Well I have recieved a few helpful messages to show me that posting data like this is against board rules. But unfortunately I have no idea how to remove a link so it can stay until the mods stumble across me.

Sorry in advance Mods!
    “After nourishment, shelter and companionship, stories are the thing we need most in the world.”
    ―Philip Pullman

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
    A forum is about enjoying pleasant discussions, not racking up a huge post count.
    And that's why I love this place. But my inner elitist wants to see my name advancing. Even level 1's level up after a maximum of 10 fights.
    ―Philip Pullman

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

And that's why I love this place. But my inner elitist wants to see my name advancing. Even level 1's level up after a maximum of 10 fights.
    Huh, wonder what Titan is...

Seriously though, if you like this sort of thing, I highly suggest popping over to the fitness thread and checking out fitocracy.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    As the forum policy is "it doesn't matter and don't talk about it", it's highly unlikely they'll be adding anything in.
    For all the suppression it faces, why hasn't someone just removed the feature already?

10. - Top - End - #10
    Colossus in the Playground

I'm not sure if they can, and it's cute.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

User titles (and they are that, titles, not ranks as some people try to call them) are there to add fun and flair to the theme of the board. They are linked to post count because that's the only way we can do it. However, we want people to know that post count is meaningless on this board. It is not a measure of the size of your... ego. There is nothing to be gained by having a massive... post count. In fact, if you don't include content that adds to the discussion on a consistent basis, most people here will just think that you're a... spammer.

We've worked hard to foster a community that favours quality over quantity, and this is why we discourage the discussion of post counts.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak