New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Fire Emblem: Zelda Edition

Umm... Right. I've been thinking of starting a Fire Emblem game here on GitP. For the most part, I got about 90~99% done with the rules, but this is mostly because the majority of that work was simply copy-pasta TheSummoner's rules (which are sort of from Fire Emblem Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn) and slapping Zelda stuff on it.
    Main Sheet: (Character Building, how to play, etc.)
    Items, Skills, and Weapons.

Major Changes compared to TheSummoner's Rules (for those who don't want to read the Google Docs):
    Added:
    Bard/Dancer classes which can promote to Performers: They initially do not have any weapons, but upon promotion, they gain Daggers. They learn special songs/dances every five or so levels, allowing them to buff allies or debuff enemies. Mastery Skill: Echo Voice (see below for details)
    Races: Unlike the official Fire Emblem games, you can select the race of your character. This influences weight, stat growths, and even lets them move more rapidly on some terrain types! However, some classes are not available to them, and sometimes have magical weaknesses. These are based on the races seen in Ocarina of Time (SO NO TWILI.)
    Magic Sword/Axe/Lance/Bow/Dagger: 1-2 range, B ranked weapons that, rather than dealing physical damage like normal, are magic-based. What magic element depends on the weapon: Sword=Wind, Axe=Thunder, Lance=Fire, Bow=Light, Dagger=Dark. They deal super effective damage appropriate to their element (aka, Wind Sword deals super effective damage vs. Pegasi, Bolt Axe deals SE damage to Wyverns, etc.)
    Fortune Skill: 15 capacity skill that completely negates Critical damage.
    Cancel Skill: 10 capacity skill that sometimes negates your opponent's next attack on a hit.
    Pass Skill: 10 capacity skill that allows the user to move through enemy units.
    Echo Voice Mastery Skill: Performer exclusive, allows the user to perform songs on multiple targets, rather than a singular target.
    Modified:
    Names of some weapons, items, and skills to fit more with the Zelda-verse. (Aka, Vulnerary is now Lon Lon Milk, Gems are now Giant Rupees, etc.)
    Crossbows are now guns, can be used by anyone with at least a E rank in Bows, but do not give weapon experience.
    All classes now have +1 more movement compared to TheSummoner's rule set.
    Artillery weapons (Meteor, Blizzard, Bolting, Purge, Eclipse, and Ballistas) now have 3-10 range rather than 3-8.
    Vantage Skill only activates when the User's speed is greater than the enemy's speed, rather than being 100% guarantee.
    Warrior/Beserker's Mastery Skill, Colossus, no longer requires the user's weight to be greater than their opponent.

If you can provide suggestions, tips, comments, feel free to do so.
    Last edited by Geno9999; 2012-03-10 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Final Edition?!?
    you know that I'm more than just a doll do you?-Geno
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Thecrimsonmage and By Shades of Gray by Akrim.elf

and current made by me.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Re: Fire Emblem: Zelda Edition

Oooh, dibs!

Question is, do I play that Goron dancer I suggested last time, bring Tanya Nefale back, or something totally different?
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2012-02-23 at 05:20 PM.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Colossus in the Playground

Called after Penguinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

First things first, I guess, deciding on restricted classes.

I find it odd that Gerudo should be restricted from Pegasi since they're described as capable riders. In fact, last time, apart from Hyrulians/Sheikah, they were the only race able to ride a mount.

That being said, I think Gorons probably shouldn't be in the sky, either. Or Zora. Fish out of water.

Stat bonuses: Uh, Gorons are probably alright, Gerudo might dip Hp along with Def. Deku +Mag/Res, -Def/Str? Zora +Skl/Str, -Res and something else?
    That's what I'm seeing right now. But... I think last time Hp wasn't applicable for the dip, so... I dunno for Gerudo, if that's the case.

Also, Gorons are all male, correct? May want to note that.
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2012-02-23 at 05:37 PM.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

Trio Dibs.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    First things first, I guess, deciding on restricted classes.

I find it odd that Gerudo should be restricted from Pegasi since they're described as capable riders. In fact, last time, apart from Hyrulians/Sheikah, they were the only race able to ride a mount.
    That being said, I think Gorons probably shouldn't be in the sky, either. Or Zora. Fish out of water.
    My head canon was that the Gerudo, because of location (aka, desert and islands), don't have regular access to Pegasi. Wyverns on the other hand...

Also, I've been trying to think of appropriate mounts for the Gorons and Zora. Maybe the Gorons domesticated some Dodongos? I can't see them riding on horses without the horse subsequently getting it's spine snapped.

Also, Gorons are all male, correct? May want to note that.
    Again, head canon is that Gorons are like Tolken's Dwarves: it's just that the Goron women are so indistinguishable from males, that people just assume that they're a one-gender race... and that they pop out of holes in the ground.
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show

and current made by me.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Geno9999 View Post
    My head canon was that the Gerudo, because of location (aka, desert and islands), don't have regular access to Pegasi. Wyverns on the other hand...

Also, I've been trying to think of appropriate mounts for the Gorons and Zora. Maybe the Gorons domesticated some Dodongos? I can't see them riding on horses without the horse subsequently getting it's spine snapped.
    I remember that. The Dodongos, I mean. I also recall racial instruments for the bard class, when I made the "generic sprites" for each class. Unfortunately, I haven't played more than three Zelda games, actually. I've never actually seen a Gerudo in-game. (Actually, I've only seen Hyrulians, Zoras, and Gorons, of the playable classes) I had to use Zeldawiki last time. In other words, I have no clue what a Dodongo is, and I'll take a look.

Pre-post-Edit: Dodongos. Weak to bombs. I will note that if they are used as Goron mounts, they should probably be weak to fire spells, rather than horse-slaying weapons.

Again, head canon is that Gorons are like Tolken's Dwarves: it's just that the Goron women are so indistinguishable from males, that people just assume that they're a one-gender race... and that they pop out of holes in the ground.
    ...Then why did Noble Savant and I have an argument about Goron dancers, with him saying that Gorons are all male? *Shrug*

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground

LoZ + FE = Intrigued.

Anything I can do to help? I've played a lot of the Zelda games.

Edit: Shouldn't the Heart Container boost HP (like Seraph Robes) instead of Str? The Strength booster can be called the Strength Bracelet, Goron Bracelet, or Silver/Golden Gauntlets.
    Last edited by Garryl; 2012-02-23 at 10:44 PM.
    A Guide to Free D&D - A resource of free, official D&D resources on the web.
    Handbooks Index
    My Homebrew Compendium

9. - Top - End - #9
    Colossus in the Playground

I will be no help, as I have never played Zelda before. I just like fire emblem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Oh, one thing, Illven, you can have all your other games, but I'll do the majority of the spriting here, if you'd be so kind.

Mostly 'cause I have stuff ready for it.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Could Zoras ride Helmasaurs? They are found in Lakebed/Zora Temple. (I'm just systematically going through a list of enemies to look for mount possibilities)

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Garryl View Post
    LoZ + FE = Intrigued.

Anything I can do to help? I've played a lot of the Zelda games.

Edit: Shouldn't the Heart Container boost HP (like Seraph Robes) instead of Str? The Strength booster can be called the Strength Bracelet, Goron Bracelet, or Silver/Golden Gauntlets.
    What are you talking about...
    *looks at items sheet*
    OH. Yeah, that's an error, that's supposed to be HP. That should be fixed now.

Anyway, the Strength boosting item is a reference to Four Swords (Same with the Pegasus and Armor Seeds.) I considered naming it the Goron Bracelet, but then if I were to implement the Accessories, I risk people getting confused with those, and try to equip the item, rather than use it.

Anyway some edits:
    Added the Bios of the races.
    Modified the Gerudo Stat Growths to be closer to FE female growth trend. (Aka, Gerudo now have +Speed and Resistance, -Defense and Strength.)
    Updated the races to include their magical weaknesses.
    Gorons and Zora cannot fly.
    Added a new item: BOMBS. Use them wisely. The description goes as follows: "Can be used as a weapon with the following stats: 25 Might, 1-2 Range, 60 Hit, Cannot Double Attack or be used to Counter Attack. Does not use Strength or Magic in damage calculations. Instantly destroys weakened Walls regardless of Wall's HP." You can only purchase bombs in a bundle of 5, and they cost 3000 Rupees.*
    Fixed Heart Container's description. (Thank you again Garryl, for pointing that out.)

*stats and cost is liable to change by my own whims.
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show

and current made by me.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

Definitely interested. May have to roll a dice to decide which race to use. They all look fun.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Expressing interest as a Zora Dancer
    Avatar by Venetian Mask. It's of an NPC from a campaign I may yet run (possibly in PbP) who became a favorite of mine while planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Razanir View Post
    Everyone knows frying pans are actually weapons that people repurpose for cooking
    I am a 10/14/11/15/12/14 LG Clr 2

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Guys, please save your requests for the Recruitment thread. Besides, I promised to PM some people first when I did get the game started so there might not be a lot of room.

This thread is to help finish up the important details so that I don't have to scramble doing that for the sake of said recruitment thread.
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show

and current made by me.

16. - Top - End - #16

Are those numbers on Druid promotion right? +0 Mag, +0 Skl.

Experience gains seem a bit high (although that part is just copied from TheSummoner's rules). It's giving out 30.5 + (level difference)/2 per attack, and 50.5 + (level difference)*3/2 on a kill. That seems about 20 points too high compared to the games (which are usually around 10 hit/30 kill, I think).
    Handbooks Index
    My Homebrew Compendium

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Are those numbers on Druid promotion right? +0 Mag, +0 Skl.
    Yeah I thought that was weird too. Summoner said that he took bits and pieces from different Fire Emblem games, and I'm guessing he took some of the promotion gains from Blazing Sword and Sacred Stones. However, if you want to see that in practice, I'm playing as Rakken in TheSummoner's game, and he has 20 magic (and probably has been for several levels due to how much growth I gave him) and is more than likely to break his promoted maximum. On top of that, he has access to the most powerful magic in the game. In the long run, Druids are comparable in power to some of their magical peers.
    However, that doesn't quite excuse lack of Skill... I might give the Druids the Summoners boosts instead.
    Experience gains seem a bit high (although that part is just copied from TheSummoner's rules). It's giving out 30.5 + (level difference)/2 per attack, and 50.5 + (level difference)*3/2 on a kill. That seems about 20 points too high compared to the games (which are usually around 10 hit/30 kill, I think).
    Hmmm... after doing some calculations and comparing it to the game on the forums, it is 20 points higher. Right then, I'll go and fix that.
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show

and current made by me.

18. - Top - End - #18

Checking against the stats for FE9 on Serenes Forest, it looks like the exact same formula as Normal mode, but with an extra +20 added to the base experience for some reason.
    Handbooks Index
    My Homebrew Compendium

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Odd question. What if Dekus flew on... Peahats?

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Odd question. What if Dekus flew on... Peahats?
    Congratulations sir, you figured out the Deku substitute for Pegasus Knight. (No, really, I might actually make that. Though that would mean that they're weak to both Wind AND Fire.)

Update time!
    Added:
    Accessories - Renamed Full Guard, Priest Band, and Archer Band to Protection, Holy, and Pegasus Rings, respectively. Removed Wyvern, Pegasus, and Thief Bands (if only because they mimicked growth bonuses already covered.)
    New accessory - Friendship Ring: Doubles the amount of support points the wearer gains. Worth about 6000 Rupees.
    Blue Potion - Being in a world without a Magic Meter, this instead gives the user a temporary boost in resistance. Cost 900.

Modified:
    Zora Growth bonuses: + to Skill and Speed, but reduces Luck and Resistance.
    Separated the Key item into Door Keys and Chest Keys. Door Keys are now worth 300 and are a singe-use item, while Chest Keys are 100 for 2 uses.

ALSO! I've been doing my own sprite work on and off, and made two familiar monsters in preparation:

Octorok: Battle Sprite itself is 100% original, the planned map sprite is from the Gameboy Zelda games.

Skulltula: Modified Bael from Sacred Stones, made the map sprite BEFORE I found the spritesheet for all the classes and monsters. But this one has a skull on it.
    Last edited by Geno9999; 2012-02-27 at 07:34 PM.
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show

and current made by me.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

If I might, added experience isn't necessarily a bad thing. It would certainly help pace wise with the game. So I suppose it depends on how long you plan for it to move. After all I've been on Summoner's game almost as long as I've been on these forums and we're just rounding the halfway point now.

Edit: And you've been playing since the very beginning so that's another five or six months? I forget how long exactly.
    Last edited by Xondoure; 2012-02-28 at 02:08 PM.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xondoure View Post
    If I might, added experience isn't necessarily a bad thing. It would certainly help pace wise with the game. So I suppose it depends on how long you plan for it to move. After all I've been on Summoner's game almost as long as I've been on these forums and we're just rounding the halfway point now.

Edit: And you've been playing since the very beginning so that's another five or six months? I forget how long exactly.
    That is a good point.
    I have a rough idea of how long it takes, based on the skeleton of a story I have. Maybe 10-16 maps. To give you an idea, regular encounters are very simple, I'll try to keep them small. Dungeons on the other hand might consume a large portion of the time, being maybe twice or triple the size of regular maps. Though, this is going to be more accurately gauged at length after the first "dungeon" level.
    Spoiler
    Show
    First off, there is only one team. I have a couple of reasons for this:
    1; I am still new to DM'ing, I'm at college, so I want to keep my work load to a bit of a minimum. Having two player teams means that workload is doubled, and I have to keep track to BOTH team's actions in regards to the plot.
    2; Elaboration on the first: I would have to make TWO dungeon-sized maps for every dungeon map for a single team. When I was going to add puzzles into the mix even still? NO. WAY.
    3; Said teams might not even work together period. Largely because of the choices from players' might tear them against each other, much like Seal of Fate. Trying to script a situation of Zelda vs. Link vs. Big Bad, while entertaining and a good idea, would be a nightmare to plan for, especially when you're hoping that they would work together.

As a result of these three reasons, remember that whole "Hyrule Civil War" plotthread? Yeah, that isn't gonna happen. Sort of. The spirit of that is still a major driving force in the story. How? Well, you just have to wait until... oh say Chapter 4, when the resident Quirky/Recurring Boss Squad shows up. I even have their battle theme worked out!

I've also toyed with the idea that I'll just give players a 1 or 2 level boost before the start of the game, just to make things easier and quicker.
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show

and current made by me.

23. - Top - End - #23

With the buffing songs being named after OoT songs, maybe the debuffs should be named after the Majora's Mask songs?

Eg: Elegy of Emptiness (-10 hit and crit), Goron Lullaby (-10 attack), New Wave Bossa Nova (-10 Def and Res).
    Handbooks Index
    My Homebrew Compendium

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

With the buffing songs being named after OoT songs, maybe the debuffs should be named after the Majora's Mask songs?

Eg: Elegy of Emptiness (-10 hit and crit), Goron Lullaby (-10 attack), New Wave Bossa Nova (-10 Def and Res).
    Hey, that's not a bad idea. I already have a ref to Majora's Mask with the final song/dance. I'll add that in.
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show

and current made by me.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

...Awfully quiet here. Does that mean that there's nothing wrong with this?

Well, don't fix what isn't broke, improve on it!
    So I made Daggers slightly more useful!
    Added three new daggers:
    Venin Daggers; who has heard of an assassin who can't poison people!? With this dagger, your foes will die a slow and sickly death. Just don't cut yourself with it.
    Kard; Fire Emblem Assassin philosophy is Boosted Critical + Silencer = I win!
    Wooden Stake; More than a sharpened piece of wood, this is the one-stop, end-all-be-all weapon for killing Vampires, Zombies, and other stuff that should stay dead.
    Modified:
    Stiletto is now effective against Armor units. Reduced Critical Rate.
    Wooden Weapons; Simply Zelda-flavored some of the Bronze Weapons. Don't go alone without one.
    Light and Dark; now they too deal effective damage! Light now deals effective damage vs. Undead, and Dark deals effective damage vs. Mechanical. This also goes toward their respective Magic Weapons (Bright Bow and Vampire Fang respectively.)
    Magical Melodies; All songs now have a name.
    Druids Promotion; They get the stat boosts similar to Summoners from Sacred Stones. (Hp+3, Str+1, Mag+0, Skl+1, Spd+3, Luck+0, Def+1, Res+3)
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show

and current made by me.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Sorry, haven't looked lately. And I'm still not a huge Zelda player.

I'll take a look at names for stat-raising items. (The ones that are still listed as the same as FE games, that is)

Edit: Ooh, what about items like the Fiji Shield (or whatever it is) that stop bonuses from bows?

Like, the Goron Tunic stops Fire weakness. (Or the Hylian Shield could stop Fire weakness) Hover Boots stop weakness to Wind. And... maybe something for Thunder, as well.
    Not only good for the players, but for the bosses as well.

Mirror Shield could raise Res instead of Talisman.

Gerudo Membership Card could replace the Member's card (or whatever it is) that allows entrance to secret shops (if the game has any secret shops).

('Course, you may already have some of this stuff, I'm not sure my computer is showing me the entire Google Docs Item/Weapon/Skill sheet)
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2012-03-16 at 05:29 PM.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Edit: Ooh, what about items like the Fiji Shield (or whatever it is) that stop bonuses from bows?

Like, the Goron Tunic stops Fire weakness. (Or the Hylian Shield could stop Fire weakness) Hover Boots stop weakness to Wind. And... maybe something for Thunder, as well.
    Not only good for the players, but for the bosses as well.

Mirror Shield could raise Res instead of Talisman.
    I considered that, but the Protection Ring (under Accessories) removes all of the weaknesses. Maybe as a cheaper item though...

Just curious, it kinda bugged me by what you said about you not being sure you can see all of the Item/Weapon/Skill sheet. There should be tabs near the bottom of the window, and that will bring up a different sheet. Or, if you viewing in List mode, the tabs should be moved to the top.
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show

and current made by me.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Just curious, it kinda bugged me by what you said about you not being sure you can see all of the Item/Weapon/Skill sheet. There should be tabs near the bottom of the window, and that will bring up a different sheet. Or, if you viewing in List mode, the tabs should be moved to the top.
    I don't know why that should bug you. My computer's pretty terrible, it isn't good for much of anything.

Edit: Yep. No tabs anywhere.
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2012-03-16 at 06:14 PM.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

29. - Top - End - #29

...Awfully quiet here. Does that mean that there's nothing wrong with this?

Well, don't fix what isn't broke, improve on it!
    So I made Daggers slightly more useful!
    Added three new daggers:
    Venin Daggers; who has heard of an assassin who can't poison people!? With this dagger, your foes will die a slow and sickly death. Just don't cut yourself with it.
    Kard; Fire Emblem Assassin philosophy is Boosted Critical + Silencer = I win!
    Wooden Stake; More than a sharpened piece of wood, this is the one-stop, end-all-be-all weapon for killing Vampires, Zombies, and other stuff that should stay dead.
    Modified:
    Stiletto is now effective against Armor units. Reduced Critical Rate.
    Wooden Weapons; Simply Zelda-flavored some of the Bronze Weapons. Don't go alone without one.
    Light and Dark; now they too deal effective damage! Light now deals effective damage vs. Undead, and Dark deals effective damage vs. Mechanical. This also goes toward their respective Magic Weapons (Bright Bow and Vampire Fang respectively.)
    Magical Melodies; All songs now have a name.
    Druids Promotion; They get the stat boosts similar to Summoners from Sacred Stones. (Hp+3, Str+1, Mag+0, Skl+1, Spd+3, Luck+0, Def+1, Res+3)
    I might want to borrow some of that dagger love, if that's alright. I'm looking for ways to make daggers less of a red headed stepchild under my rules.

Did I inspire you regarding Light/Dark effectiveness, by any chance?

By the way, it's "New Wave Bossa Nova", not "Bassa".
    Handbooks Index
    My Homebrew Compendium

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Geno, I don't suppose I could trouble you to either a) put the stuff in the sheets you've posted into the thread itself or b) PM it to me.

I hate not being able to see everything...

Banner by Elder Tsofu.