New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Paragon(3.5, ToB, Martial Discipline, WIP(Feel free to PEACH though.))

Contrary to what is commonly known, there are plenty of other disciplines than the ones Reshar knew and chose to teach at the Temple of Nine Swords. Some of these were not taught because Reshar could not master them himself. Others were based on principles Reshar disagreed with...and then there are the ones he could never have learned, for they arose after his death, on another plane of existance-Dissidia.

There, the formerly united dieties Cosmos and Chaos had each pulled eleven warriors from the Material Plane and infused them with their power, to engage in a war between Light and Darkness, Harmony and Discord, to determine the fate of their very existance. It was a battle without end for ages, with the warriors reincarnating to perpetuate the cycle, but eventually, Light won. The twenty-two warriors were returned to the Material Plane, where each passed on, some unknowingly, their techniques and the legend of the Fantasy War.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler
    Show

"The Light is always with me."-The Warrior of Light

The first champion of Cosmos was a man simply known as the Warrior of Light. Of all her champions, he was the one possessing the strongest will. He was not swayed by words of honey, notions of fear, or the manipulations of his foes. He followed the one path needed to serve Cosmos, and let nothing weaken his resolve.

Once the war resolved, he lent his blade, his shield, and his unbreakable will to the slaying of tyrants, the destroying of monsters, and the righting of wrongs. Once his body failed him, he erupted into a pillar of white-hot, searing light and disappeared. His noble behavior had afforded him no shortage of followers however, and it is thanks to them his discipline was recorded and taught at all.

Paragon

The Paragon discipline is only available to good-aligned Crusaders, as only an unbreakable will and devotion to a cause of some higher nature of light and benevolent can fuel the techniques.

The key skill for the Paragon discipline is Concentration, symbolizing the focus of the Warrior of Light on his path. The favored weapons of the Paragon discipline are the longsword, rapier, scimitar, heavy shield and light shield, and any shields that can be treated as either a heavy or light shield.

There are only two ways to learn the Paragon discipline. The first is to have been trained in it. If you choose to make a Crusader that has already been trained in the Paragon discipline, you simply replace one discipline the Crusader could normally learn maneuvers from with the Paragon discipline. He loses the associated skill of the replaced discipline as a class skill.

The second is to seek out a practicer of Paragon and train with him a month, spending 1000 XP at the end of the training. You gain the ability to learn maneuvers from the Paragon discipline. In addition, you may exchange your maneuvers known for maneuvers of the Paragon discipline. You may exchange one maneuver of each level, and the new maneuvers you learn must be of the same level as the exchanged maneuvers, unlike normal.

Creator's Note: (Will add some Manuvers to second post tomorrow.)

Design Notes:

Spoiler
    Show
    So...this is a project I've been ruminating on for some time, taking the heroes and villians of the original Final Fantasy: Dissidia game(Haven't played the sequel yet, unfortunately.) and designing disciplines for each of them...it won't be easy. I expect to make some mistakes, not to mention how long it might take me. But hopefully, I'll make something people wanna use. Any advice or PEACHing encouraged on a massive level. I hope everyone likes the fluff I made at the top, but if not, suggestions for changes are encouraged. Also, if anyone notices typos, please let me know. With that, sayonara for now.
    Last edited by ScrambledBrains; 2012-03-13 at 10:06 AM.
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Zahn View Post
    ...I like your style, Mr.Brains.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren
    Meanwhile, the sorcerer is the HS dropout that ended up debt-free and founding Facebook.
    My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show
    :By Ceika
    :By Akrim.Elf

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: Paragon(3.5, ToB, Martial Discipline, WIP(Feel free to PEACH though.))

(Reserved for Paragon manuevers.)
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

Meanwhile, the sorcerer is the HS dropout that ended up debt-free and founding Facebook.
    My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #3

Default Re: Paragon(3.5, ToB, Martial Discipline, WIP(Feel free to PEACH though.))

Light's Blessing
    Prerequisites: Concentration 1 rank, one Paragon Strike
    Benefits: Whenever you initiate a strike from the Paragon discipline or attack an enemy in melee while in a Paragon stance and your strike or attack connects, add 1d4 damage to the damage roll. This damage is considered Good-aligned for the purposes of overcoming damage reduction. Further, this damage increases by 1d4 per every two Crusader levels you possess to a max of 10d4 at level 20.
    Additionally, if you are in the Knight's Will stance, you gain damage reduction equal to your Crusader level divided by two. This damage reduction can only be countered by Evil-aligned weapons. (I.E. DR(Level/2)/Evil)
    Last edited by ScrambledBrains; 2012-03-15 at 08:06 PM.
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #4

(Reserved just in case.)
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #5
    Colossus in the Playground

Light's Blessing is a bit much. A feat that stacks damage ontop of strikes, which are generally just extra damage themselves? I would think, if you designed the maneuvers correctly, this feat wouldn't be necessary for the crusader to deal level-appropriate damage, and thus if he did take it, he would exceed level appropriate damage (which is the definition of "overpowered").

6. - Top - End - #6

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeraphi View Post
    Light's Blessing is a bit much. A feat that stacks damage ontop of strikes, which are generally just extra damage themselves? I would think, if you designed the maneuvers correctly, this feat wouldn't be necessary for the crusader to deal level-appropriate damage, and thus if he did take it, he would exceed level appropriate damage (which is the definition of "overpowered").
    Well, all the effect I'm attempting to emulate is is extra damage, since in the game I'm basing this on, the Warrior of Light gets to launch light swords at his opponent with every hit in his hyper mode...suggestions for changes that still keep that flavor?
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #7
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ScrambledBrains View Post
    Well, all the effect I'm attempting to emulate is is extra damage, since in the game I'm basing this on, the Warrior of Light gets to launch light swords at his opponent with every hit in his hyper mode...suggestions for changes that still keep that flavor?
    Seems like you should make it a stance then, rather than a feat. Like your 8th level stance.

8. - Top - End - #8

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeraphi View Post
    Seems like you should make it a stance then, rather than a feat. Like your 8th level stance.
    Hmmm, I think I can do that. I'll fix it up tomorrow.
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show