Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 316
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default PTTA-Kanto: NWBS IC

    The date is August 2nd 20x8, a few weeks ago supplies had just arrived from Viridian City and the small town called Pallet Town has enjoyed comforts and simple amenities it has not enjoyed since before the Great Storms. Unfortunately those comforts have begun to wane and it's again time to brave the wilds on the trail to Viridian City. Five men have been chosen, some of the last able men still alive in Pallet Town. Notables among them are Greg Richards a former Forest Ranger who knows the woods in the area fairly well, Apol Catar the only member of the search team that volunteered and Eric Mathers the youngest member of the team. It's true that with steadier communication the trip is a lot shorter, Two Days as opposed to the Two Months the first trip took. Even so, the trail is still filled with those creatures and most of the town is gathering around the outskirts of the town ready to say their goodbye's to the brave group. However a few individuals appear to be late to the event. And while they wouldn't be aware of it at the time, this would be a day that six of these missing youths would remember as the day that everything changed.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground
     
    NinjaGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: PTTA-Kanto: NWBS IC

    The ball rose up, higher and higher until it reached the apex of its arc and steadily grew larger and larger. At the last second Jason snapped his hands up and absorbed the catch. "Oh, nice arm! You're getting better Mikey! One day you'll be the best ball player in all Pallet Town!" the older boy in the jersey said. "Okay, Devon, this ones for you." He lobbed the ball up gently and tapped it with his wooden bat. It rolled to the short, pudgy boy who always asked to play despite being the slowest.

    Whether or not Devon was finally able to field a grounder was not for Jason to know, because after the ball made contact with the dirt a matronly voice called out, "Jason Christopher Chelios! You get your butt out of here and go see off the expedition! You'll be late, you will!"

    "Yes, Aunty Bea," he replied with false astonishment. It was a rule in her house that everyone call her Aunty Bea, and since it was the only name she ever used, it was an easy rule to follow. "Okay, Devon, throw it here." He held out his hands as the pudgy child's face broke into pure concentration and he windmilled his arm wildly. Even still, the ball didn't get fifteen feet before it stopped rolling. "Okay, nice wind up, but next time-" "JASON!" "Yes, Aunty Bea, right away!" He smiled to the other kids as he turned to leave. He made sure to bring his bat along with him, leaving it to small children unattended had gotten him in trouble before.

    He was halfway to the gathering crowd when he realized he still had the ball in his hand too. It was too late to run it back and even he couldn't throw it that far. Thinking it too late to worry about he just stuffed it into a pocket of his camo shorts and carried on. Eventually he reached the outskirts of the crowd and was able to worm his way to the front.
    Last edited by MintyNinja; 2012-02-22 at 03:07 AM.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alwaysland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTTA-Kanto: NWBS IC

    The cool air stirs Eli's hair as he sits on the edge of the town, looking into the outlying lands. So much has happend... He thought as he sat. A small fox-like creature sat beside him, simply staring, obviously bored with the whole situation. It is only the creature letting out a small sigh and Eli turned to it, I know, I know you're bored Shia. But what else are we going to do today?

    It was then that Eli heard a distant commotion and swore under his breath. Well, I guess we're late. he said as he started to move towards the crowd, Shia in tow.
    One day, this signature will be something. Until then... I guess it will still kinda be something.

    PC Registry

    Games I'm DMing
    City of Ezerin (homebrew)

    Games I'm in:
    PTTA: NWBS

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTTA-Kanto: NWBS IC

    Jordan slowly walks towards the center of town, leaning heavily on his staff. True, he could care less about the people leaving town, but the supplies should be important. In his pocket he carries Raist, the stupid Pokemon that he caught. It's more useless to me than my brother... he thinks wryly to himself.
    "Bob, slow down!" he cries. "I understand you want to get there, but could you care about someone other than yourself for once?"
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM


    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Moranica's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010

    Default Re: PTTA-Kanto: NWBS IC

    Stepping lightly, Bob made his way along some of the other villagers. Most notably his brother, Jordan. It was a big day, and he knew it, soon they would have proper food again, when the group returns from the city.

    "Bob, slow down!" Jordan cries. "I understand you want to get there, but could you care about someone other than yourself for once?"

    Bob stops in his tracks and looks next to him, ... left ... right, no Jordan in sight.

    I'm sure he was right next to me, just seconds ago... I must have sped up. How inconsiderate of me.

    He waits for Jordan.

    "Sorry, bro, I kinda got lost in the excitement. Will not happen again."
    Last edited by Moranica; 2012-02-23 at 04:24 PM.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BluesEclipse's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: PTTA-Kanto: NWBS IC

    *CRACK*

    *CRACK-CRACK*

    The sounds of wood striking wood ring out from behind one of the houses in Pallet Town. A young man is there, a wooden stick, reminiscent of a sword, in hand, as he swings out again at a wooden post standing upright from the ground. As he strikes, he thinks back to a conversation he had the day prior. Sol already told me that he thinks I'm ready. Though, really, I'd have been going regardless - I know he's looking out for me, but I need to find Elly. She's out there, I just know it... she has to be... The boy continues to strike at the post, focused on his thoughts. He'll be leaving with the expedition later today... I'll tell him before he leaves. I can't just leave while he's gone... I need to talk to him face to face.

    "Yo, Rowen! What are you doing... they're getting ready to leave!"

    Rowen blinks as he turns around, seeing the dark-skinned boy standing near the side of the house. "Jon, what are you talking about... I haven't been out here for that long."

    "It's been a couple hours, Prism..." Jon replies, shaking his head. "We let you know when we were heading off, and when Kage realized you weren't coming, I came back to grab you. Now come on... surely you, of all people, aren't going to miss the chance to see Sol off, are you?" An amused smirk is apparent on Jon's face as he sees his lifelong friend's expression turn to one of near panic.

    "How did I - why did you guys let me lose track of time like that!" Rowen shouts, grabbing his jacket from where it hangs on another wooden post, throwing it on, and slipping his weapon into a sleeve sewn into the back of the jacket. "Come on, we can't be late... I still need to talk to him." Rowen's expression quickly turns serious as he begins a quick walk towards the edge of town.

    As Jon falls into step with him, the older boy looks at his younger friend, and sighs. "You're leaving." It wasn't a question.

    Rowen nods, turning to look Jon in the eyes, a determined expression on the amateur swordsman's face. "She's out there somewhere, Jon... I know she is. And... you and Kazama, you're like brothers to me, but Elly... she's my sister." He sighs as he turns his gaze forward, a solemn look in his eyes as he whispers, "She's the only true family I have left..."

    "Trust me, I know," Jon remarks, saying, "It's all the more reason for us to get there before they leave... you were planning on telling Eric, I hope?" Jon looks questioningly at his friend, knowing that Rowen is at times impulsive, and prone to act first and ask forgiveness later.

    "Yeah... I need to catch him before he goes, and talk to him... I'm ready for this, though, and he knows it. So hurry it up!" Rowen answers, increasing his pace towards the edge of town. Jonathan shakes his head, chuckling wryly, as he follows.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

    Spoiler: Currently Running
    Show
    None ATM


    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    None ATM

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTTA-Kanto: NWBS IC

    Despite the fact that his father was one of the people going, Delita had little interest in being there. He loathed his father and the only reason he even cared at all was because it meant his father would be gone for some time.

    As such the young man had intentionally been late and was even still taking his time walking to the meeting. With any luck by the time he got there, the cruel father of his would already be gone and he could meet up with Ophelia and talk with her.

    Eventually after a slow and quiet walk he arrived where the others were and quickly looked around to see if he had been lucky enough to avoid his father and if Ophelia was anywhere in sight.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: PTTA-Kanto: NWBS IC

    A large group had gathered near the edge of town. Looking around each of you see familiar faces, some looked excited, some looked deathly worried. The five who would be undertaking this expedition were scattered about in the crowd.

    Jason
    As you walk through the crowd you see a boy who looks your age talking to the Ranger who you know to be one of the men heading to Viridian, you recognize the boy as Eli. You've never really talked to him but you've seen each other before. A friendly acquaintance but no one really close. He has a small red fox like creature with him. One of the few in town.

    Eli
    You and Shia make your way through that crowd. It's rather easy as many people step out of Shia's way. Even though the town has accepted some of these creatures as "tamed" there's still a lot of fear surrounding them. Well your looking well, comes a voice from behind you. Turning around you recognize a neighbor of yours, Greg Richards, the Ranger guiding the group. Exciting day isn't it he continues his voice barely quivering Hi there Shia, guess I'll be seeing a lot more like you soon. Hope they're all as friendly.

    Jordan and Bob
    The two of you are making your way through the crowd, Bob subconsciously begins to speed up a bit. Jordan is about to call out to him again when something catches his let and he falls flat on the dirt ground. Oops, sorry about that. Comes a mocking voice from above you. As Jordan looks up he sees a handsome young man riding on a large feline creature, it almost looks like a lioness, and they're now standing in between the two brothers. Sasha you naughty girl, you have to be more careful. You almost got your coat covered in that pile of dirt. He says giving off a sly grin, very proud of himself, as he indicates to Jordan.

    Prism
    You and your companions push through the crowd trying to look for Sol. Finally you spot him looking out into the crowd almost worried, searching for someone. As you move towards him he spots you and you can see the wave of relief wash over him. Took you long enough he says. He's smiling at you, putting up a brave face but it's apparent to all of you he looks scared. More scared then you've ever seen him.

    Delita
    The bad news is you weren't late enough, the good news is you haven't seen your father yet. You move through the crowd searching for Ophelia. Eventually you see what looks like a young girl, red hair with glasses in her face in the crowd looking about. She's quickly covered up by the crowd but your movin towards her when you feel a strong familiar hand on your shoulder. Looking for someone boy? You turn around but you know who it is. A gruff older man looks back at you, slightly scowling. Jesus if all we have left to guard this village are weak little boys like you the whole place will be overrun with these monsters before we even get back
    Last edited by Prophet_of_Io; 2012-02-24 at 07:41 PM.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alwaysland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTTA-Kanto: NWBS IC

    A smile came across Eli's face. He had always like Greg, he had helped him deal with the creature when it first began following him. Eli had always debated about asking to travel with him, but he knew how dangerous it was, and his mind would never allow it.

    Haha, I hope they're all as nice as her. Although I feel like the only reasons she follows me sometimes because I feed her.
    One day, this signature will be something. Until then... I guess it will still kinda be something.

    PC Registry

    Games I'm DMing
    City of Ezerin (homebrew)

    Games I'm in:
    PTTA: NWBS

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTTA-Kanto: NWBS IC

    Quote Originally Posted by Prophet_of_Io View Post
    Delita
    The bad news is you weren't late enough, the good news is you haven't seen your father yet. You move through the crowd searching for Ophelia. Eventually you see what looks like a young girl, red hair with glasses in her face in the crowd looking about. She's quickly covered up by tge crowd but your movin towards her when you feel a strong familiar hand on your shoulder. Looking for someone boy? You turn around but you know who it is. A gruff older man looks back at you, slightly scowling. Jesus if all we have left to guard this village are weak little boys like you the whole place will be overrun with these monsters before we even get back
    "Who would I be looking for other than a grumpy old man?" Delita counters as he turns moving his shoulder to try and knock the arm away. He knew if his father wanted to keep the grip it wouldn't matter, but if he didn't it was a little act of defiance to shove it off. "I'd be less worried about the village and more worried about the trip. If all they have are old men who can only beat on children they'll be in for a surprise against something stronger." Delita snapped. A part of him wanted to add that if something happened then the village would be better off, but he refrained.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTTA-Kanto: NWBS IC

    "F*ck you," Jordan mutters under his breath, using his staff to push himself up. "What do you want?" Jordan demands, trying to seem confident. Honestly, he's terrified. This idiot could kill him and only Bob would care. Someday, someday he'd be strong enough that he wouldn't have to put up with this. But for now,
    "Sorry to get in your way. I just want to get to the meeting," Jordan says, trying as hard as he can to not sound sarcastic.
    Wish that damn cat would eat him... No! I don't have to take this! I'm better then him! Jordan thinks as he starts to walk forward. He makes a point of "accidently" driving his staff down on Sasha's foot as hard as possible. "Sorry," he says, sarcasm positively dripping off his words.
    Last edited by Arcran; 2012-02-23 at 04:03 PM.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM


    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground
     
    NinjaGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: PTTA-Kanto: NWBS IC

    Oh, hey! I know that guy and he's talking to... Jason's thoughts trailed off as he approached Eli and his strange red fox. "Hi, Eli, right? I'm Jason, I work with the Daycare. I was wondering if after this expedition you could bring the little fox over and show the kids? I'm sure they'd love to see it up close, and you'll be right there, of course." Jason asked the question as cheerfully as always and didn't really consider the possibility that the kids would be afraid of what their parents have been calling monsters. At that moment, however, he did notice Greg and offered his hand, "And thank you, Mr. Richards, for agreeing to go on this expedition for everyone. You're a real hero!"

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BluesEclipse's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: PTTA-Kanto: NWBS IC

    Quote Originally Posted by Prophet_of_Io View Post
    Prism
    You and your companions push through the crowd trying to look for Sol. Finally you spot him looking out into the crowd almost worried, searching for someone. As you move towards him he spots you and you can see the wave of relief wash over him. Took you long enough he says. He's smiling at you, putting up a brave face but it's apparent to all of you he looks scared. More scared then you've ever seen him.
    Rowen gives a sheepish chuckle as he looks at Sol, and smiles, replying, "Yeah... I kinda got caught up in my own thoughts. Still, I wouldn't miss seeing you off - even if I had to come after you to give you a proper sendoff. You know that!"

    "Yeah... as soon as someone reminded you of the time, anyway." Jon replies, smirking. Eric chuckles at the reply, while another voice enters the conversation, saying, "At least he doesn't completely lose track of his surroundings when he's playing, unlike someone we know, right?"

    The three chuckle at the response, turning to face the new arrival - a young man, clearly of Japanese descent - as Jon answers, "True, Kazama, though at least I can keep time."

    Seeing the smile on Eric's face as the older man watches the banter between the three, Rowen sighs, before saying, "Anyway, Eric... I really am glad I was able to catch you before you left. I know... I know you've been looking out for me by asking me to stick around, but you know as well as I do that there's really nothing more you'll be able to teach me about fighting - especially since you're going to be travelling with the groups going from here to Viridian." Seeing the older swordsman about to speak, he raises a hand to stall his friend's objection. "You've been watching out for me - for all of us, really. You held us together when the world went crazy, you took care of us when we settled down here in Pallet, and I quite likely would be dead right now if you hadn't been here when I found out about Mom and Dad being dead... You're as much of a brother to me as either of these two are. But..." Rowen sighs and runs a hand through his hair as he struggles to find the words. "Look... you know I can't stay here forever. Eleara is still out there, somewhere - you were the one who told me to trust my instincts, and they're telling me she's out there. They're also telling me that if I don't leave... and soon... that I may never find her. I won't be here when you all get back... I just wanted to tell you face to face - and to thank you. For... everything, really." As he finishes, he looks from Jon - who has an understanding expression - to Kazama - who looks as though he expected this, but still dislikes the idea - and finally, to the face of his teacher, his friend, and the man that has become an older brother to him, hoping that Eric will understand.

    Spoiler
    Show
    As you can tell, Prism uses real names for those in his group when the conversation is serious.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

    Spoiler: Currently Running
    Show
    None ATM


    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    None ATM

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alwaysland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTTA-Kanto: NWBS IC

    Ah, Jason, right. Eli held out his hand and they shook. Eli often forgot about the people who lived in Pallet town, but they were all pretty good people. I'd love to have the kids look at her, as long as they don't tug on her fur or anything, she can be a bit picky about that sort of thing. He looks down an Shia, How about it Shia, you up for meeting some little ones?

    Shia simply looks at Eli with the same bored, poised look that she seemed to always have. Eli couldn't even be sure she understood him, but he had a feeling she did.

    As he looked up, he saw Jason exchange hellos with Greg. Whenever we're ready. He said with a smile.
    One day, this signature will be something. Until then... I guess it will still kinda be something.

    PC Registry

    Games I'm DMing
    City of Ezerin (homebrew)

    Games I'm in:
    PTTA: NWBS

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground
     
    NinjaGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: PTTA-Kanto: NWBS IC

    "Whenever we're ready."

    "What?" Jason turned to the tall, pale faced boy. "Oh, we don't have to go right now, let's at least see off our brave expedition members first!" He turned back to Greg and asked, "Have you ever seen one of these pokemon so close before? Have any of them seemed so tame as Shia? I just ask because I think one day I'd like to have one following me around too."

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Moranica's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010

    Default Re: PTTA-Kanto: NWBS IC

    "What do you want?"

    One voice among so many, but Bob would always recognise this one instantly. Spinning on his feet, he sees his brother getting up, smeared with dirt and obviously angry.

    "Sorry to get in your way. I just want to get to the meeting,"

    A sigh of relief, as his brother is unhurt and for once seems to want to stay out of trouble. But only .... a flash in his eye. The smallest of hints and most would not have spotted it, but Bob does. And Bob knows there will be trouble.

    "Jason! Come .....", he is cut short by his brother driving down the staff on the beast's paw.

    "Stop!!", and Bob quickly moves towards his brother.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: PTTA-Kanto: NWBS IC

    Eli and Jason
    Greg laughs heartily as Jason is slightly taken aback by Eli. It a warm laugh and you can tell he hasn't really had one since he found out he would be leading this expedition. Finally he says "No you kids shouldn't worry about us, Thanks for showing up to wish us off but if you want to comfort some of the little ones that couldn't make it, I think that's a great idea but before you could hear another word a loud voice catches your ears...

    Delita
    Tch. You always have been a smart ass. If you spent more time training your skills rather than your smart mouth maybe you'd still have a pet right now. His face has hardened, more so than usual anyway, and his voice is cold but oddly enough there's something in his eyes, an expression that you hadn't seen on him before. It was almost as if... -but before you could finish your own thought a loud voice catches your ears...

    Prism
    The brave face that Eric had been putting on had disappeared. Now all that was there was a face of overwhelming worry.
    ...Rowen... he begins Please don't do this to me right now. I know. I know you want to find your sister but what do you think you're going to do? Go out by yourself? With a wooden stick? Look at us Rowen! There's five of us, including that Catar guy, and we're armed to the teeth. Even most of us don't think we'll make it back alive. I know waiting is hard and I realize I can't stop you but ask yourself, how is going out to find Eleara going to help her if all you do is get yourself killed?! Then who's going to find her? For goodness sake you don't even know if she's ali- But he can tell by the expression on your face that was a sentence he shouldn't complete. Look, Rowen. Make me a deal OK? he says that forced smile coming back Just... Just wait the three days for me to come back. If you do that I'll... I'll give you this he says pulling out the blade the four of you had grown up admiring. How about it huh? It won't do much against some of these creatures but it's better than going out with nothing. Besides I- this is where he chokes up just a bit and you finally see that bravery all breaking down as he struggles to keep composure. I just need... Something. Something to make sure I will get back here for.
    He looks up hopeful but unfortunately before you have a chance to respond a loud voice catches your ears...

    Jordan and Bob
    Sasha lets out a scream as your stick drives into her paw. Bob runs to get in front of Jordan but he's almost not fast enough. You little son of a- Blake begins as Sasha raises her other paw into the air, claws extended ready to literally tear you to shreds when you hear a Strong Voice behind you Stevens! Sasha's paw freezes in mid air, inches away from Bobs Stomach. As you turn around you see a plumper burly man. A large scar over his left eye and a makeshift prosthetic where his right leg used to be. The elected "Mayor" of Pallet Town Roger Perkins walks towards you. Now Blake, I hope that Sasha was only playing, we allow tame beasts in Pallet town but I couldn't be held responsible for what happens to any creature that causes a casulty to any of our citizens. Especially this close to Apol He says indicating to the Large Gruff looking man standing with a boy who resembles him slightly a few feet away. Of-Of course not sir. Blake says turning on his natural charm. Blake was tough, heck he even hunted these beasts for fun, but he wasn't nearly stupid enough to get on Apols bad side. The man was infamous in Pallet town for being the Toughest, Strongest (and honestly one of the meaner) citizens in Pallet Town. Sasha was just a little hurt when Jordan here accidentally stepped on her paw. Not his fault really, the poor kids so clumsy and helpless I'm surprised he even got himself here. I see. Mayor Perkins says Just make sure it doesn't happen again. Of course not Sir! Then Blake goes to leave but as he passes Jordan he says a little quieter Man between you're oaf of a brother and the mayor. You're pretty lucky you have so many people to protect you. Not surprising though he says with a smile It's not like You can do anything by yourself. But before you can respond the Mayor speaks again. Well I guess it's time as he takes out a megaphone.

    ALL
    The voice of the "Mayor" is heard by all of you from your various positions in the crowd. All right, I'm afraid it's time. May we have all of our brave scouts come to the front please. Each of the men in turn begin to travel up to the front. The one's who are standing with some of you give one last look back, as if they wanted to say or hear just one last thing but the crowds are trying to help them to the front. We can't begin to thank you for this service you are doing for us. But rest assured we are taking every precaution for your lives. You have with you all the weapons and provisions needed to get you through a weeks worth of travel. We pray that these three days will go by quickly enough to get you home safely. In addition that old Professor on the other side of town has graciously donated some radio equipment for us. This should help keep us in contact with you throughout your trip to Viridian and Back. As well as battery enough to last a month. We will all be gathered tonight at the farewell feast listening in to be with you as much in spirit as we can, to guide you through you're journey. God speed, and good luck*

    As the crowd bursts into applause the group turns their backs to the crowd and begins to head towards the tall grass. There may only be enough time for them to hear one final word...
    Last edited by Prophet_of_Io; 2012-02-25 at 03:08 PM.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BluesEclipse's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: PTTA-Kanto: NWBS IC

    I just need... Something. Something to make sure I will get back here for.

    Eric's words ring in Rowen's mind as he turns to leave, and the look on his face... Eric... I don't think I've ever seen you truly scared... even when the world turned upside down, you were calm. How... how much of that was for our sakes, Eric? I had thought I'd be strong enough to go, but... how much of the strength you've shown these past years has been for our sakes - for my sake - rather than your own? Rowen watches, seeing the expectant look on the face of his long-time friend, his teacher and mentor, his surrogate father after the storms - and most of all, his brother in all but blood, just the same as Jon and Kazama - as the group bids their final farewells to the amassed crowd. And as the expedition group turns and begins their departure through the grass at the border of town, Rowen thinks, It's not just a matter of skill, is it? You wanted me to stay... so that when the time came... I wouldn't be on my own...

    "Sol!" Rowen calls out towards the departing group, the confident smile on his face returning. "You'd better get back here in one piece - I'll need my sparring partner intact if I'm going to get used to that blade!" Rowen's eyes remain on the departing party as they disappear into the grass, as he thinks, Three days... I can give you that. Just be careful, Eric...
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

    Spoiler: Currently Running
    Show
    None ATM


    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    None ATM

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTTA-Kanto: NWBS IC

    Jordan flinches a bit as the paw comes towards him. He takes the last comment in silence, knowing that it was true, but as his brother owed him he'd be there for a long time. At least he's good for something.
    Jordan barely pays attention through the mayor's speech. Finding Bob, he grabs his arm. "Are we done here yet?" he asks as the group walks away.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM


    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTTA-Kanto: NWBS IC

    Delita doesn't speak as his father leaves. He instead turns away angry and bitter about the final comment his father had said. Turning back to where he thought he saw Amber he tries to push through the crowd taking a few deep breaths to try and calm down. It was so much easier to remain calm when she was around.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Moranica's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010

    Default Re: PTTA-Kanto: NWBS IC

    Bob reach his brother in time to protect him. The fact that the creatures paw didn't gut him, is a nice addon. He gets behind his brother, making sure to keep his eye on him during the speech.

    The result is that Bob misses half of the speech, and catches only a glimpse of the leaving village hero's. When his brother Jason asks if they are done, he just looks around a bit more, before saying: "Yes, it seems to be breaking up again."
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTTA-Kanto: NWBS IC

    Quote Originally Posted by Moranica View Post
    Bob reach his brother in time to protect him. The fact that the creatures paw didn't gut him, is a nice addon. He gets behind his brother, making sure to keep his eye on him during the speech.

    The result is that Bob misses half of the speech, and catches only a glimpse of the leaving village hero's. When his brother Jason asks if they are done, he just looks around a bit more, before saying: "Yes, it seems to be breaking up again."
    "Good. Now if you're done dragging me to stupid events, I'm going to go back to the house and see if I can get my piece of crap Pokemon to do anything other than blink," Jordan says, being the everpresent jerk.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM


    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alwaysland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTTA-Kanto: NWBS IC

    Eli glances up and listens to the mayor's speech. A sad smile crosses his face, Well, have a safe trip. When you come back maybe you can help me train Shia a little more.
    One day, this signature will be something. Until then... I guess it will still kinda be something.

    PC Registry

    Games I'm DMing
    City of Ezerin (homebrew)

    Games I'm in:
    PTTA: NWBS

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: PTTA-Kanto: NWBS IC

    All
    As our hero's disappeared into the brush the people stood silent for a second. Then as soon as one person started to leave (Jordan) the rest turned to leave as well. The Mayor reminded everyone that workers would be standing by listening in on the private radio frequency they had with the party, and tonight when the Town Feast is planned as everyone is gathered around for dinner, they could have a talk with the group as they sat camped for the night. That way the families of the party members could sit down with them for dinner.

    Rowen
    "Sol!" Eric hears that name that always invoked joy in him. The same name he would hear everytime the four of you would go into battle. Even before all of this.
    "You'd better get back here in one piece - I'll need my sparring partner intact if I'm going to get used to that blade!"
    Instantly you can see that confident smile back on his face again, only this time it's much more believable. The sword that his took out to show you is still in his hand only he's clutching it much tighter now. Even as he hold it you can almost feel it ringing in the same wooden toy you have in your own hands. And even though you would never have been able to hear him at that point you still knew what he was thinking. I'm not going to die. And it wasn't unsure. It was a statement.

    You hear the mayor talking as you leave with the two friends you have left. As you leave you see a built young man talking with a young blond haired girl. For a second you may wonder if they're brother and sister, but you quickly recognize the girl as Ophelia Williams. Her Father owns a junk shop that the town uses to get parts for the few appliances that still do work. Ophelia is a bit of a gadget freak. She likes to tinker around with the parts at her dads shop. You've met her a few times. They boy is you know as well, but not personally. He's Apol's son.

    Jordan and Bob
    As soon as you two move, the rest turn to go. You hear the Mayor's reminder as you leave. Another "friendly" local shoves by Bob as the two of you leave and heads towards Blake, Lucas Graham. Him and Blake have been close friends since the Post Storms Period. He's an @** but luckily he only bothers you when Blake is (aside from the snide shove now and again) he normally goes for these other four who fight each other with wooden swords. Eric Mathers gang. You briefly remember Mathers is one of the scout members who just left. As you turn around to follow Lucas as he shoves Bob you can both see another set a boys a few feet behind them. Jason, the kid who helps run the Daycare, and Eli one of the few people besides Jordan to have one of those creatures as pets. His strange fox-like creature was close to him.

    Delita
    As soon as people continue to move you head towards the last spot you thought you saw Ophelia. You hear the Mayor talking, it barely registers to you as you move. Unfortunately when you get to the spot you thought you saw her in she is nowhere to be seen. You are turning to leave when you feel something smack you in the back of your head. There you are! An angrier tone has never sounded brighter as you hear a familiar voice from behind you. You turn around to see Ophelia standing there. Arms now crossed, her glasses only slightly crooked and a little soot still on her left cheek. You are solate! You said you'd meet me here half an hour ago. And wasn't your father one of the men leaving today? You better have said goodbye to him! I'm SO Jealous! I bet they see a ton of creatures on their trip! I can't wait to get one of my own. I would've even settled for one of those Capture Device Balls that we're brought into town. Then she gets a mischievous look on her face. You know, you were seriously late today. But I bet you could make it up to me today if you find me one to see up close again. This was no surprise, you'd found them for her before. Some wild just in the brush outside of town, or a find someone in town with one. Just glancing around you see two in the crowd you know have some. Jordan Smith, a reclusive kid always hanging around his brother, and Elijah Derricks who's fox friend you can see right next to him.

    Eli and Jason
    As you turn to leave you make brief eye contact with the Smith Brothers. You're not sure why they were looking towards you. They stick to each other mostly. You try to recall a time you actually talked to one of them... Maybe Bob.
    OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't know if you're sticking together or not so I'll leave that all up to you

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground
     
    NinjaGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: PTTA-Kanto: NWBS IC

    "Alright, let's go see the... Hey, is that Bob?" Jason said as he and Eli started to leave. "I didn't see him earlier, do you know the Smiths? Jordan's got a pokemon, too. It never seems to do much though. C'mon, let's go see what they're up to."

    "Hey, Bob! Jordan! How are you guys? Did you get to see the expedition leave? They're so brave!" Jason chirped cheerfully as they approached the brothers. "This is Eli, he's also got one of them pokemon, too."

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTTA-Kanto: NWBS IC

    Mixed emotions filled Delita's mind as she spoke, but nonetheless in the end a smile crossed his face, "Sorry, sorry, but hey, I'm here now!" Delita said as he looked over the crowd. "And making it up shouldn't be too hard. We can slip outside the town and look around for some friendly ones or hell, I see two people I know have some right now. Those two." He said pointing out the reclusive kid and Elijiah.

    "Outside the town might be a bit tricky and dangerous though and we might get in trouble. Slipping out would be much harder with everyone leaving and probably watching the way." Delita noted. "And with your technology skills I'm surprised you don't just figure out how to make your own capture ball things. They don't look all that complex." Delita said who had little knowledge of how the weird things worked. From his perspective it was some ball that you threw and it caught one. He didn't understand how a ball could be that complex.

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BluesEclipse's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: PTTA-Kanto: NWBS IC

    Looking at the boy and the girl talking, Rowen says, "Hmm... that's that Apol guy's son... what was his name, again?" At his question, Jon and Kazama both look in the direction Rowen indicates with a jerk of his head. "Can't think of it... you're generally better with names than I am, though, Kage, so...?" Prism trails off expectantly as Kazama smiles.

    "Delita, I think. Something like that... the girl he's talking to is Ophelia Williams, though. She's-"

    "The daughter of the guy who owns that junk shop. I know, Kagemaru, I've talked to her a couple times before." Smirking at his friend, he continues, "From what she's mentioned, she's quite the tinkerer herself."

    Jon nods in agreement, before suggesting, "You said that guy with her was Apol's son... maybe he can tell us a bit more about the guy? It'll be nice to know something about the people Eric's working with, after all."

    "Hmm... that's actually a good idea. Let's go say hello, then!" With that, Rowen walks over to where the two are, Jon and Kazama following behind. As the three approach Delita and Ophelia, Rowen greets them saying, "Hey, Ophelia! How've you been doing? And you're Delita Cetar, right? Apol's son?"
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

    Spoiler: Currently Running
    Show
    None ATM


    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    None ATM

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTTA-Kanto: NWBS IC

    Delita frowned at the guys words but quickly covered it up with a neutral expression. He nodded however and gave a short curt reply, "Yeah."

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BluesEclipse's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: PTTA-Kanto: NWBS IC

    Blinking at Delita's short response, Rowen shrugs, and says, "Well, I'm Rowen Andrews - call me Prism, if you like - and this is Jon Avery and Kazama Takeshi." He gestures to each boy in turn as he introduces them, before saying, "If you're worried about your dad, don't be - Eric's good with a blade, he'll make sure they get there and back without trouble."
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

    Spoiler: Currently Running
    Show
    None ATM


    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    None ATM

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PTTA-Kanto: NWBS IC

    "Hey," What was this kid's name? He should know it, but whatever. "Hey bro," he finishes weakly, limping along.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM


    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •