Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 115

Thread: Life in Hell

  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Life in Hell

    Haken knows a fair bit about spellcasters, so with renewed strength, he slams his greatsword into the spellcaster, hoping to disrupt the spell. Because he doesn't believe the spellcaster can fight back while grappled, he puts more effort into the swing rather than his defense.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Attack:(1d20+12)[22]

    Damage: (2d6+11)[16]

    btw, my tentacles can maintain the grapple separate from my actions, so I can hit him with a power attack.-3 attack +3 damage, and the music bonus was included.


    While he's busy fighting, his graft kicks in and starts to heal itself. The ooze, reforming the shape of his wound, and continuing to provide him defense, starts to glow blue.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashmir View Post
    When I die, I donate my body to the cause of whatever ******* finds it first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodgruve View Post
    Really though, how effin scary would the beach be if an octopus could launch itself outta the water at a 200' move speed every 6 seconds. I'd never go to the beach again... I thought flying sharks were scary...
    Blood~

  2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Snowfire's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Wordcats
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Life in Hell

    The spellcaster cries out as Haken's greatsword slams into him, tearing a jagged furrow through his flesh. Sapphire and violet light whirls about him, faltering as the blow strikes home and his silent chant increases in tempo. His face tightens in concentration and the other casters in the room feel the power, feel it slipping, slipping....

    "No."

    The man whispers, his tone almost beseeching. And the power answers his commands, rising once more around him. His smile returns, and he beckons to the half-orc holding him.

    Away from that conflict, the two gunslingers are forced to battle their own predicaments. One coughing blood on the floor, the other entangled in the grapple of a vampire.

    The first raises his left hand to his chest, a deep indigo spreading out around his touch and you watch in muted horror as wounds reknit and seal over. He rises to his feet, surrounded still in an aura of black flame, and his weapon speaks once more.

    Bolts of crackling flame slam through Moira and her shadow-given-life whilst another two lance through the area around Falthor, the man clearly becoming more concerned with vengeance than anything else.

    Moira
    Spoiler
    Show
    Take (2d8+12)[22] damage.

    Your undead shadow takes (2d8+12)[17] damage as well.


    Falthor
    Spoiler
    Show
    In OOC due to mistype


    The other gunslinger struggles ineffectually against Zalabar's grapple, desperately attempting to break free of the vampire's grip.

    ((Following Haken's blow the spellcaster is clearly close to death, but manages to hold on to his spell. Haken, you can lean over or whatever as your move action if you want to. The first gunslinger heals himself and then shoots again, targeting the ones who brought him down. Moira, make AoOs with Nightshade and your Shadow at the start of your action.

    The second gunslinger appears to be unable to break Zalabars grapple. As last round, give me your actions in order ignoring NPCs.))

    * post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Snowfire; 2012-04-06 at 03:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuintonBeck View Post
    Many thanks to Snowfire for collating all these. He's a madman, but he's a helpful madman.
    Spoiler: Things
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    Damn you Snowfire. I cried.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon777 View Post
    T_T I swear, you just made me cry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Well, here's another for your sig, Snowfire.

    <struck dumb>

  3. - Top - End - #63
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Chania, Greece
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Life in Hell

    Out of turn actions

    Immediate action: Unnatural life, Heal 1 HP (now at 0, not at risk of losing HP due to actions)

    Undead shadow AoO (no buffs or flank added).
    Spoiler
    Show

    Attack: (1d20+4)[16]
    Strength Damage: (1d9)[3]


    Nightbane AoO (no buffs or flank added).
    Spoiler
    Show

    Attack: (1d20+6)[17]
    Base Damage: (1d6)[6]
    Cold Damage: (1d6)[5]
    Last edited by peacenlove; 2012-04-06 at 08:14 PM.

    Complete Shadow Magic! for Pathfinder Rules. (Google Docs PDF)
    Newest: Shadowcaster Archetypes
    WIP:Wordcasting Shadowcaster

    Previous games: Life in Hell
    as Moira

  4. - Top - End - #64
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Chania, Greece
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Life in Hell

    Ever hungry, ever present the shadow attempts to drain the life of it's opponent.
    Spoiler
    Show

    (no buffs or flank added, 2/5 rounds)
    Attack: (1d20+4)[24]
    Strength Damage: (1d9)[6]


    So much darkness gathering... Must be corrected. Nightbane attacks the greater of the two evils, the spellcaster.

    (Nightbane moves to the spellcaster, flanking with Haken. He uses Vanguard Strike on him. If the attack is successful, attacks on him are with a +4 bonus.)

    Spoiler
    Show

    (no buffs or flank added)
    Attack: (1d20+6)[9]
    Incorporeal Damage: (1d6)[6]
    Cold Damage: (1d6)[1]


    The spirit was still strong but the vessel took severe damage. She mostly coughed her request to Falthor, along with blood.
    (Shadow Tongue)"Finish him. Without hesitation."
    You won't take anyone in your grave, despicable mageling.. She tried to understand his incantation, then seize control of it, or failing that, disrupt it.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Well I don't know what is needed to wrest control of the power, as mentioned in the OoC, but I will roll a d20 and see what happens.
    (1d20)[14]
    EDIT: +5 Caster level, +12 Spellcraft makes that check a 31

    However if for some reason I am unable to take that action and I am aware of that (I can take only a standard action in my turn due to 0 HP, or due sheer ignorance) or I still have my remaining action, I cast stuff of nightmare next to the caster, summoning a small shadow elemental, which attacks the caster.

    Spoiler
    Show

    (no buffs added)
    Attack: (1d20+3)[6]
    Incorporeal Damage: (1d4)[3]
    Cold Damage: (1d4)[3]
    Duration (1d4+1)[3]


    Last edited by peacenlove; 2012-04-07 at 06:08 AM.

    Complete Shadow Magic! for Pathfinder Rules. (Google Docs PDF)
    Newest: Shadowcaster Archetypes
    WIP:Wordcasting Shadowcaster

    Previous games: Life in Hell
    as Moira

  5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Chandler AZ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Life in Hell

    "As you wish." He said as he lined up a shot on the caster. He was watching him and thought he could see a pattern to the magic. He was worried his own shadow magic would affect the casters spell in a negative way, so he was looking for a hole to get him through. Aaaaand..... there! He flashed into visibility mere feet from where the lightning had flashed past shouting, "You missed me!" the arrow leapt from his bow across the cavernous room. Before it was even halfway to his target, he was invisible and moving closer to Moira.

    Spoiler
    Show
    attack (1d20+9)[12]
    Damage (1d8+3)[5]
    SoS (3d8)[15]
    *fingers crossed* here's to us not blowing up!
    Going out of town, of you don't hear from me by 11/20 send me a poke

  6. - Top - End - #66
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Maryland

    Default Re: Life in Hell

    Unable to deal with the pain from the attackers, Damien decides to heal himself, and move towards the most injured ally he can see.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I burn spiritual weapon to cast cure moderate wounds on myself
    (2d8+15)[28]
    and then i move towards Moira, making sure not to get too close to the enemies to be in danger from them

  7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Snowfire's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Wordcats
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Life in Hell

    Damien steps quickly across the room, one hand weaving light through his body and healing his form as he heads towards Moira.

    Falthor blinks into visibility again, releasing his taunt beside an arrow wrapped in dull argent light at the swirling patterns around the caster held by Haken's tentacles. Silver grazes indigo and sapphire, slamming through into the man's chest and he screams in sudden agony. But beneath the pain is an undertone of terrifying triumph.

    Light fountains out of the immobile corpse, painting the room in weaves of blue and violet. Lightning snaps and crackles between the patterns, flame and death building out of the fallen assassin. For a moment, all seems lost.

    And then Moira screams in a fallen tongue, her shadow whirling around her in a frenzy of movement. And the power answers her command. It pours down around her, wrapping her in a veil of shifting light and you watch in amazement as her wounds heal, her shadow solidifying in her self-cast light.

    Her hands come up, swirling blue-violet flame spinning madly around slender fingers and then exploding outwards. One pattern wraps around Nightbane, and the creature glows with a sudden, lethal light. The other, following the immutable connection between Queen and Knight, wraps around Falthor, caressing him in his invisibility, and to his sight his bow is suddenly afire with the same light as Nightbane.

    Around Moira, the remaining pattern condenses down into a disc, her shadow dancing within it in a desperate attempt to keep it stable. And then it explodes outward, sweeping over you all and wrapping you a layer of protective fire. Moira fades from your sight as you watch, taking the beginnings of a step away from the two remaining assassins who watch in horror as their comrade's final attempt becomes their enemy.

    ((Spellcaster is down. Moira manages to catch his suicide charge - he was converting his spell levels into AoE damage - and control it to her own ends.

    Falthor
    Spoiler
    Show
    Treat your attacks as if they were Empowered as the Empower Spell feat.


    Moira
    Spoiler
    Show
    As discussed, you are now invisible and fully healed. And al your mysteries have been restored.


    Everyone gains DR 3/-

    Haken, there is one gunslinger not grappled. Go get 'im.))
    Quote Originally Posted by QuintonBeck View Post
    Many thanks to Snowfire for collating all these. He's a madman, but he's a helpful madman.
    Spoiler: Things
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    Damn you Snowfire. I cried.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon777 View Post
    T_T I swear, you just made me cry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Well, here's another for your sig, Snowfire.

    <struck dumb>

  8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Life in Hell

    Haken runs up to the remaining gunman, and swings his greatsword with all his strength. The Half-Orc does not seem merciful.


    "You have come to the wrong place. I have no idea where those who die in hell go, but I assure you, you will certainly find out."
    With that, Haken rips his sword across the man's torso.

    * post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Madara; 2012-04-10 at 07:16 PM.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashmir View Post
    When I die, I donate my body to the cause of whatever ******* finds it first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodgruve View Post
    Really though, how effin scary would the beach be if an octopus could launch itself outta the water at a 200' move speed every 6 seconds. I'd never go to the beach again... I thought flying sharks were scary...
    Blood~

  9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Snowfire's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Wordcats
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Life in Hell

    The gunman lurches away from Haken's swing as the greatsword slashes his arm, tearing through flesh like an unbalanced plough through earth. Fluid drips from the wound, forming a delicate tracery of lines flowing down his arm. But the aura of fire around him remains, shimmering black in the shadowy lighting of the room. And he holds his ground.

    He looks across at the half orc, then his gaze darts away, resting briefly on the points where Moira vanished and Falthor reappeared. And then his eyes flick back, fixing with deadly intent on Lord Callista. His body blurs, the flame around him becoming more intense. And then he simply flickers away. One moment, he is standing between two creatures of shadow and an angry half orc. The next he is behind Lord Callista. And you all see his gun rise, as if in slow motion, violet flame licking the edges of its barrel. The flame around the assassin seems to take on a life of its own, flaring out around him in a twisting pattern of night and his form starts to lose coherency.

    Similar light explodes out from his compatriot, tossing Zalabar away in a seething whirlwind and his own weapon comes up.

    Then Gretalus seems to spring out of nothingness in front of him, twists the gun aside, then slams his palm into the man's chest. He convulses, eyes going wide in shock, then collapses to the ground.

    Shadow-light stabs out from the two vanished members of the party, lancing through the final remaining gunslinger and jerking free a cry of pain and anger. And four bolts of blue-violet lightning erupt from the barrel of his weapon.

    Silver light flares, two tiny spheres of swirling platinum streaking from the scale hanging at Damien's throat. Echoes of the greatest of all dragon's roar blazes around them, and shining argent swallows lightning-fire.

    But nothing can stop the last two bolts. The first shot sends the Lord, so recently healed, to his knees. The next sends him flying, an explosion of power lofting him over his guards and further into the hall. From him, there is silence as the Seneschal and the two guards stagger into a sprint towards. The gunman smiles a deaths-head smile, and his weapon flicks around towards the one that prevented two of his shots.

    And then a column of solid aquamarine engulfs him. Within, you see the fire around him wither away, almost as if burning out under the deluge pouring down around him. The light cloaking him dies, the purple and sapphire around his gun flickering before going out. And the column tears him apart.

    You look around, eyes searching for the source, and catch the last light fading around the torn and half-broken figure of Captain Amel Crimson. She meets your eyes, her own fighting to stay open, and her words, bare whisper they may be, carry across the entire room.

    "Look to my Lord."

    She collapses.

    ((And we have combat finished. Gretalus manages to kill or paralyse one gunman after he breaks free of Zalabar's grapple - with some supernatural assistance. The other one manages to land two shots on Lord Callista, despite the heroic attempts of Moira, Falthor and Damien - who never knew that the scale could do that. Amel then obliterates him with a maximised Order's Wrath before collapsing. You have no idea if Delat Callista is alive or not.))
    Quote Originally Posted by QuintonBeck View Post
    Many thanks to Snowfire for collating all these. He's a madman, but he's a helpful madman.
    Spoiler: Things
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    Damn you Snowfire. I cried.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon777 View Post
    T_T I swear, you just made me cry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Well, here's another for your sig, Snowfire.

    <struck dumb>

  10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Chandler AZ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Life in Hell

    Falthor turns to Moira and snaps his fingers in front of her, but is careful not to touch her. "Moira! Its time to come back now." he said then added in shadow speak, "The danger is gone. The Queen is safe to return." he wanted to make sure that she wouldn't turn on everyone else now that the obvious threats were gone.
    Going out of town, of you don't hear from me by 11/20 send me a poke

  11. - Top - End - #71
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Chania, Greece
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Life in Hell

    As the surging power waned, so did her thoughts quiet themselves.
    Father would be proud.... And then the shadow retreated. She looked as the shadowed reflection of power was slowly covered with her shade, as if waving her farewell.
    Then she fully realized that again she laid the plan, she was the vessel but another executed them, far better than she would do.
    However active battle is rarely a place to lose yourself to thoughts. She watched helplessly as Lord Callista was attacked. Shock was mixed with anger, then despair, for she could not predict what had transpired.
    "I should had..." she whispered.
    "Help him!" she ran to him attempting to help her Lord come to his senses.

    (Moira casts Black candle to produce a light effect, of enough level (2nd) to counter Falthor's darkness effect, so that Lord Callista is visible. then she moves close but not adjacent to him to aid if any Heal checks take place)

    Sorrow is not the answer.
    (Nightbane sensed the tension around it and hid himself close to its distressed ward.)
    Last edited by peacenlove; 2012-04-17 at 04:44 PM.

    Complete Shadow Magic! for Pathfinder Rules. (Google Docs PDF)
    Newest: Shadowcaster Archetypes
    WIP:Wordcasting Shadowcaster

    Previous games: Life in Hell
    as Moira

  12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Life in Hell

    Haken walks around the room closing the doors and blinds over the windows. When they are safe from public eye, he stands near the Lord and keeps his eye on the entrances and exits.
    "Healer!" he says, "Attend to Lord Callista!", obviously referring to Damien.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashmir View Post
    When I die, I donate my body to the cause of whatever ******* finds it first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodgruve View Post
    Really though, how effin scary would the beach be if an octopus could launch itself outta the water at a 200' move speed every 6 seconds. I'd never go to the beach again... I thought flying sharks were scary...
    Blood~

  13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Snowfire's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Wordcats
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Life in Hell

    As light washes away the last vestiges of shadow, Telaya brings her piece to a soft conclusion, and a wave of healing light washes out from her position in the centre of the stage.

    ((Everyone heals for (2d6)[9]))

    As the light spreads, desperately searching eyes pick out the sprawled form of Delat Callista, his back slammed into the front of the stage Telaya is standing upon. You see Mical crouch before him, reaching out to check his pulse as the healer approaches. And then he slumps, but in relief - not anguish.

    "Mical..." Delat's voice is faint, but steady. "You really need to check the guest list more often." He says, his lips twitching in a weak attempt at a smile. Mical shakes his head, shaking slightly in relief.

    "I will." He says gently. "Can you stand?" He asks.

    "I...could dance a jig, old friend." Delat replies. "Just give me the staff."

    The Callistan staff exchanges hands, and Mical carefully helps his Lord to his feet. He inclines his head to those around him, nodding in particular to Moira and murmuring in her ear as he passes.

    "You did well today, Moira. Your father would be very proud." Then he continues moving, limping slightly and leaning on the staff as he makes his way towards where Gretalus is standing over the still breathing body of the other gunman. And when next he speaks, there is no sign of weakness.

    "Haken," he says. "Unbar the door and allow my guards entrance. Damien, please see to my Captain. She needs it more than I do." He nods to Gretalus. "Can you wake him?"

    "I can." The man replies, no longer snakelike. "But he should not still be able to breathe, let alone be awoken." He raises an eyebrow at the four still-conscious mercenaries and you think you notice a fractional nod pass between him and the Lord. Then he drops into a crouch and places his palm on the assassin's chest.

    He give a sudden, gaping breath and his eyes snap open. He pauses for a second, then sighs.

    "I failed, didn't I." He says calmly.

    "You did." Delat replies. "Would you care to tell me who hired you?" The man barks a laugh. "Ah, I thought not. So is there anything you'd like to say before I let my guards detain you until the Inquisition gets here?" The man blinks, and then laughs again, this time verging on hysterical. Delat and Gretalus exchange looks, and the latter opens his mouth to speak only to be cut off be the re-emergence of the gunman's voice.

    "You...you still..." He laughs again, this time scornfully, before calming. His eyes glitter darkly in the faint light, and his voice is suddenly very cold. "You may have survived, Lord. But there is a doom rising that not even you, with all of your false power will be able to weather. I will survive. And I will be here when your precious city fa-"

    The metal capped Callistan House staff slams down on his forehead, and the man goes limp once more. Delat turns away from him, towards you.

    "My good men and woman, I must ask that you wait until the morrow for my gratitude. Tonight...is not the night for such things." He says, his voice fraying around the edges, as shock begins to overpower adrenaline and anger. "I ask that you do not speak of what occurred within this room after we were locked inside. It would not do for some to learn of this until we are ready." He leans heavily on the staff, and sighs. "I will talk more with you on the morrow. For now, I will have quarters made available to you here on the estate for the night. Please take them.

    "I will talk further with you all when I am fully recovered. But know that you have my thanks." It is clearly a dismissal.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuintonBeck View Post
    Many thanks to Snowfire for collating all these. He's a madman, but he's a helpful madman.
    Spoiler: Things
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    Damn you Snowfire. I cried.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon777 View Post
    T_T I swear, you just made me cry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Well, here's another for your sig, Snowfire.

    <struck dumb>

  14. - Top - End - #74
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Chania, Greece
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Life in Hell

    Moira bowed to the the Lord's graceful comment, genuinely smiling for his well being. She nods to Falthor, thanking him for much more than the ignorant eye could discern, then to the other 2 mercenaries.

    She had much to think about. 2 near death experiences at the same minute should left her fainting. Yet she was strangely invigorated. And free to ponder...
    Not now. She thought, looking at her shadow. Whatever you are, you had your time in my mind..
    When the dust settled she looked at Falthor. She cursed the assassins under her breath.
    "That went surprisingly well. We should relax for the night. Know of any decent tavern around here, preferably with a good violin player?" she winked to him.
    "All is well shadow brother. Better than expected in fact. And thanks." she whispered in the Shadow Tongue.

    "You are invited of course, if my friend has an artistic streak!" she addressed smilingly, bowing to the other 2 mercenaries. "The tab is on me."
    Last edited by peacenlove; 2012-04-17 at 09:07 PM.

    Complete Shadow Magic! for Pathfinder Rules. (Google Docs PDF)
    Newest: Shadowcaster Archetypes
    WIP:Wordcasting Shadowcaster

    Previous games: Life in Hell
    as Moira

  15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Life in Hell

    Haken obeys, but makes sure to observe every guard, trying to see if there are any imposters. When the guards are all done and have taken over helping the lord, Haken walks over to Moria, "I think on the Lord's note, celebrating is not for tonight, we wouldn't want any information to leak." He looks the others over, noting that some of them probably couldn't hold their ale as well as he could.

    Haken would have enjoyed going to the bar, but decided that it would be best if they all stayed on the estate until things either blew over or the family came up with an official statement. Instead he offers that they could go to his room and play a game or two, he also carries a little wine with him as well.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashmir View Post
    When I die, I donate my body to the cause of whatever ******* finds it first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodgruve View Post
    Really though, how effin scary would the beach be if an octopus could launch itself outta the water at a 200' move speed every 6 seconds. I'd never go to the beach again... I thought flying sharks were scary...
    Blood~

  16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Chandler AZ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Life in Hell

    Falthor shrugs and says,"I think we should be celebrating that we still live, and that our enemies don't. But I agree that it might be better to do in private. with that he sheathes his bow and goes to the bodies looking for any arrows that were still useable.
    Going out of town, of you don't hear from me by 11/20 send me a poke

  17. - Top - End - #77
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Chania, Greece
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Life in Hell

    "Yes that would be for the best." she agreed, happy that her bad idea still managed to break the ice.

    Complete Shadow Magic! for Pathfinder Rules. (Google Docs PDF)
    Newest: Shadowcaster Archetypes
    WIP:Wordcasting Shadowcaster

    Previous games: Life in Hell
    as Moira

  18. - Top - End - #78
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Maryland

    Default Re: Life in Hell

    i feel it would be best to heal all of us who are injured I cast healing until i don't find anyone injured anymore. 2 cure moderates, 4 cure lights, and 5 cure minors.
    Spoiler
    Show

    cure moderates
    1 (2d8+21)[25]
    2 (2d8+21)[32]
    cure lights
    1 (1d8+16)[23]
    2 (1d8+16)[18]
    3 (1d8+16)[24]
    4 (1d8+16)[24]
    cure minor
    1 (1d1+7)[8]
    2 (1d1+7)[8]
    3 (1d1+7)[8]
    4 (1d1+7)[8]
    5 (1d1+7)[8]

  19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Chandler AZ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Life in Hell

    Falthor looks around, realizing that he was the only one who had remained uninjured. He bows shallowly to everyone. "Your right I'm sorry, I should have paid greater care to everyone. I'm Falthor." he said, extending his hand to all who would accept it.
    Going out of town, of you don't hear from me by 11/20 send me a poke

  20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Chandler AZ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Life in Hell

    Falthor goes upstairs and drinks until he can't stop laughing, and plays until his violin slips from his fingers. He sleeps in a chair until "morning"
    Going out of town, of you don't hear from me by 11/20 send me a poke

  21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Snowfire's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Wordcats
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Life in Hell

    You are woken, reasonably far into the 'morning', by a page dressed in the colours of the House. None of you really remember everything that happened last night, but there's a distinct memory in your heads of Moira dancing with her own shadow. Haken must have had something crazy in the brew he produced.

    The page informs each of you that he has a message and that he will be waiting in the common room to deliver it to you all.

    ((Apologies for the long wait, the friend of mine who has been having issues has been continuing to have issues. Hope you're all still with us. Now the real fun begins.))
    Last edited by Snowfire; 2012-04-27 at 03:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuintonBeck View Post
    Many thanks to Snowfire for collating all these. He's a madman, but he's a helpful madman.
    Spoiler: Things
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    Damn you Snowfire. I cried.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon777 View Post
    T_T I swear, you just made me cry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Well, here's another for your sig, Snowfire.

    <struck dumb>

  22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Chandler AZ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Life in Hell

    Falthor rolls off of the chair and onto his feet. He stands and immediatelly regrets it. Falling back into the chair, he pinches the bridge of his nose trying to ease the throbbing behind his eyes."It may take me a minute to get ready." he reaches down and picks up his violin. After looking it over for damage, he places it back in its case. He looks around at the scattered bodies of his now friends. He tries to stand again and manages to keep his feet. "I'm going to go clean myself up." with that he stumbles into his room.
    Spoiler
    Show
    no worries, I hope everything is ok with your friend
    Last edited by Vixsor Lumin; 2012-04-27 at 04:12 PM.
    Going out of town, of you don't hear from me by 11/20 send me a poke

  23. - Top - End - #83
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Chania, Greece
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Life in Hell

    By the Shadow, my head feels like a collection of curses and hexes... she thinks as she tries to get up.
    At her room, she looks herself into the mirror, the black bags under her eyes, then Nightbane, who was standing beside her. "I really took it too far yesterday, didn't I?". She then proceeds to take a quick bath and to brighten her face and hide the black bags with makeup. She rolls yesterday's dress into a bag, for its holes to be fixed, then walks to the common room, her polite smiles clearly wracked from her headache.

    Complete Shadow Magic! for Pathfinder Rules. (Google Docs PDF)
    Newest: Shadowcaster Archetypes
    WIP:Wordcasting Shadowcaster

    Previous games: Life in Hell
    as Moira

  24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Life in Hell

    The Half-Orc grins "See, if we had the same night in the public taverns, we might've spilled some info. This way we were safe."

    Haken then puts on his close, and after polishing up his armor a bit, gears up, and heads the the common room.

    "So what's the news?"
    he asks the page when all have arrived.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashmir View Post
    When I die, I donate my body to the cause of whatever ******* finds it first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodgruve View Post
    Really though, how effin scary would the beach be if an octopus could launch itself outta the water at a 200' move speed every 6 seconds. I'd never go to the beach again... I thought flying sharks were scary...
    Blood~

  25. - Top - End - #85
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Maryland

    Default Re: Life in Hell

    Damien awakens with a clear mind, as he would never partake in the drinking of alcohol. he summons his familiar, a bat named Darksinger, and walks to the page leisurely with a small smile on his face, "whats happening?
    Spoiler
    Show
    in case not drinking alcohol doesn't change my state of mind, just tell me

  26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Chandler AZ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Life in Hell

    Falthor walks back in squinting slightly but fully armed and armored. "I really hope I don't get hit in the head today." he mumbled. He stands with the others ready to listen.
    Going out of town, of you don't hear from me by 11/20 send me a poke

  27. - Top - End - #87
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Snowfire's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Wordcats
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Life in Hell

    The page tilts his head at the various reactions, training keeping his face smoothly polite and pleasant. He nods at you each in turn.

    "My Lord wishes to pass on his personal thanks, but finds himself currently unable to attend to your reward himself. As such, he left the matter to myself." He shrugs, and as you watch the rippling motion spreads down and across his form, and the illusion ripples away to reveal Gretalus Nox. "I apologise for the subterfuge, but it was necessary. Whilst we are relatively sure that we can trust most within the House, we cannot be sure of all who might be present if Delat formally recognised you as you deserve. I am truly sorry, you should rightly be recognised for your services, but we cannot risk the possibility of the truth about what happened here escaping." He shrugs helplessly.

    "You understand, of course, the tenuous nature of noble politics." He says, from his robe pulling four thick envelopes. "These each contain a gift, one for each of my Lord's protectors. But they also contain something more. A...means to our end you might say." He sighs, setting the envelopes on the table and gesturing for you to sit.

    "Your presence last night, whilst fortunate, puts us in a difficult position. As such we have made arrangements that will put you outside of the reach of Azer's Houses.

    "I'm sure you know of our trading arrangements with Elysia. Most everyone does. And I'm sure you know that our caravans need rather substantial protection from bandit groups. We, House Callista that is, would be most grateful if you would be willing to sign on as guards for the next caravan. You will be well compensated for your services, I can promise you that. And, more importantly for the House, it would get you out of the picture so that we could entrench our version of the truth." Gretalus seems almost unperturbed about discussing the facts of noble espionage with you, but you know enough to realise that he has put a great deal of trust in you by saying what he just said.

    He waits for your responses.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuintonBeck View Post
    Many thanks to Snowfire for collating all these. He's a madman, but he's a helpful madman.
    Spoiler: Things
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    Damn you Snowfire. I cried.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon777 View Post
    T_T I swear, you just made me cry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Well, here's another for your sig, Snowfire.

    <struck dumb>

  28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Life in Hell

    Haken ponders these words in silence for a moment..I grew up in a place where deceit was one of the worst crimes..

    His thoughts continue back to the monastery. It takes awhile, but he comes up with his response, "I don't care for deceit, but I understand the delicate balance of power between houses. Because I don't want any more trouble to come out of this situation, I will take the job. You have my sword."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Haken switches his grafts to: 17/17 pts
    Arms: Drain 8pts (1d4 con damage/attack)
    Weapon: Wings 5pts (flight 40ft. good)
    Core: Decayed 4pts(not subject to critical hits, nonlethal damage, ability drain, or energy drain, immune to damage to its physical ability scores (Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution), as well as to fatigue and exhaustion effects)
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashmir View Post
    When I die, I donate my body to the cause of whatever ******* finds it first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodgruve View Post
    Really though, how effin scary would the beach be if an octopus could launch itself outta the water at a 200' move speed every 6 seconds. I'd never go to the beach again... I thought flying sharks were scary...
    Blood~

  29. - Top - End - #89
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Chania, Greece
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Life in Hell

    She forgot her headache as her mind worked. Noble politics... Or shock and awe at the lethality of the assassins?

    She feigned looking at the envelope, her attention fixed on the man. After finishing his speech, she asked him with interest. "How many days do you think this situation will last? And for how many days we will be on guard duty, should we accept?"

    She decided not to press for more questions for the time being. She smiled, still processing Gretalus info, still confused about the impact of her actions.

    Definitely in. I must keep a low profile until I understand more. she finally thought to herself.

    Complete Shadow Magic! for Pathfinder Rules. (Google Docs PDF)
    Newest: Shadowcaster Archetypes
    WIP:Wordcasting Shadowcaster

    Previous games: Life in Hell
    as Moira

  30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Chandler AZ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Life in Hell

    Falthor takes the offered envelope and says, "As much as I would love a formal thank you, I'm sure whatever is in here will suffice." he opens the envelope and peers inside. "And I completely understand the need for discretion. If you pay as well as last time, I'm definitely in again."
    Going out of town, of you don't hear from me by 11/20 send me a poke

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •