New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Riverside VIII: A New Side

Restaurant

Cin orders lobster bisque and a loaf of french bread with a nice Chianti before watching Shayan reveal herself. "And because of it, you have the urge to reproduce in the only fashion you really know how, I assume?" The professor asks with obvious interest. "As for figuring out who was Patient 0, it was somewhat obvious." He tells her with a slight smile. "I congratulate you on wishing to further your study of the symbiote. How can I be of assistance?"

Palace of Slaanesh

After a few hours, Salome picks up Mistress and carries her gently to see their Lord and Master, Slaanesh.

House of Virtues

Pet is about to answer when Rugal stands up from the ammo and sets a hand on the ex-priest's shoulder. "Go and sleep, Pet. We'll answer them." Pet looks like he's about to object, but ends up just giving the V'traani a grateful smile. The young man gets up, giving his beloved one last kiss on the muzzle before heading out to one of the bedroom. From the muffled girlish giggle that comes shortly follows, it seems either he passed Charlotte in the hallway or entered her room to sleep. Razorfang watches after him wistfully and a bit jealously, but she knows nothing would happen between the Archon and Pet while he was this way.

After a moment, she looks back to answer Vita's questions. "We arrived at the Legion camps once word got out about Mercenaries needing to be hired. Our methods are sometimes considered less than honorable, so we went with the attacking side, which is generally more lenient. What made us change sides however, was that your brother offered himself up to us." She says before holding up her paw to keep any outbursts from happening. "We don't take such things lightly, and didn't consider making him a slave. Someone willing to sacrifice themselves for everything they know is something we don't see often, and having someone like that join our group is a blessing. Loyalty to each other is something we consider the most important thing. At the time, we were just hired mercs for gold. Felis was something much better and more important."

2. - Top - End - #302
    Troll in the Playground

House of Virtues

Vita smiles at the answer, and turns towards her brother, squeezing his hand. It was normal for people to love Felis, though not always so quickly as this group had done.

Felis blushes at the praise. "It was all I could think of," he mumbles.

"Can you tell me more? About yourselves and how you came together?"
    Vita asks, her voice betraying a bit of relief. She still fears for her brother, but it is lessened somewhat by Razorfang's words.

Palace of Slaanesh

A meeting with Slaanesh cannot possibly be forum safe. Best to let it pass offscreen.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

3. - Top - End - #303
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Restaurant

Cin orders lobster bisque and a loaf of french bread with a nice Chianti before watching Shayan reveal herself. "And because of it, you have the urge to reproduce in the only fashion you really know how, I assume?" The professor asks with obvious interest. "As for figuring out who was Patient 0, it was somewhat obvious." He tells her with a slight smile. "I congratulate you on wishing to further your study of the symbiote. How can I be of assistance?"
    Restaurant

Shayan laughs pleasantly, shaking her head, "Oh no, you misunderstand. While I have toyed with the idea that my goals may be artificially stimulated in nature, it holds no real weight. The truth of the matter is far more mundane. Loneliness, and being significantly different from my peers due to circumstances outside of my control, has driven me quite mad. Coupled with my loss of leg function and sudden ability to inspire terror and I had to either adapt to my situation by latching on to any feeble hope or become no less mindless than the plant that was grafted to me." As she speaks, Shayan folds her hands beneath her chin, resting her elbows on the table.

"As for what I would like you to do, I need proper samples from myself if I'm going to study a symbiotic version of the plant further, and performing surgery on myself is one talent I am sorely lacking. Since you have experience with a troll's regenerative properties, I'm certain you can overcome mine for long enough to take what we need for study. Specifically, I wish to see where the roots of the plant are anchored, and what parts they might be feeding from."
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2012-05-14 at 10:09 PM.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Titan in the Playground

[Eastside - Open Forum]

Everyone is unlikely to recognize the next two people to show up. One of them is a wiry old man in an old, warm jacket, with scars on his face and overall looking battle-worn.

((Only without the rifle, of course.))
    The other is a petite brunette in rather conservative clothing in drab colours.

They patiently wait for the events to begin.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Eastside - Open Forum]

The citadel, being a citadel, don't actually have many entrances besides the main and a back entrance. There are numerous arrow slits in the upper sections of the building however which the undead creatures might be able to climb into.

It might be harder to get below this level however as there as this section have been sealed off for the forum.

The people arriving in a more traditional sense might be able to smell porridge, bread, ham and some kind of soup as they approach. It appears as if the clergy have set up shop outside Light's heart and is currently cooking up food in a make-shift soup kitchen.

There are already a large number of shabbily dressed people who gathered around here. They are likely homeless or just generally poor people who likes a bit of free food and perhaps even get their voice heard. But mostly for the free food.

But within the mass a slowly moving circle have formed as Celestel, the stewardess of Malechanar have left their haven in the sky to thread upon the streets of riverside.

On her either side are two figures clad in red robes with black masks before their faces acting as some sort of guards. Their appearance is intimidating enough for the crowds to clear as Celestel walks towards the citadel, nodding respectfully to the people she passes.

As for the hosts themselves Daeva, a humanoid servant wearing one of their usual nearly completely encasing armor. Daeva is rather small compared to the other servants and isn't much taller then 5'5" feet.
    As the armor she's wearing appears to be made just for her one can guess she's rather slender in form but not much more. What else can be seen in what the armor and helmet doesn't cover isn't that much. She dsoen't seem to have any footwear as her feet are instead of toes she have two powerful-looking black talons. The eye- and mouth holes of her her helmet reveals blue skin and dark lips with pink-colored eyes lacking pupils. There is also a tail hanging out just above her rear which moves slightly as she walk out from the citadel, the mass slowly clearing around her as she opens her mouth to speak.

"Welcome all." She says almost in a whisper that is still somehow clearly audible for every person in the crowd. "It's good to see so many people coming here, it gives me hope for the future of Eastside and Riverside itself that each of us can share our experience of this city and possibly deal with whatever problem we might have together." She says, the crowd being only mildly enthusiastic. Right now it seems the majority of them are more concerned about the free food.

"From what I can understand there is also a number of representatives from some organizations here today. Would you mind introduce yourself to one another while everyone is eating? You are an important part of Riverside after all and it would be great if you went along. If you have any questions for me please just ask, I will be right here all night." Daeva declares, smiling pleasantly towards the gathering.

[Lake Outside Riverside]

"Like a 90's pop-star." Irena replies with a look at Nadia with a smile. "I still prefer your eyes though, even if they're different from when I met you." She reaches out to slide down the glasses down Nadia's nose to look into her girlfriends black eyes. "Change is good if you ask me." She states. "Imagine if you looked the same all life? That would suck. I for example wore the same clothes for years. Now that I'm rich I'm going to change them every day." Yeah, totally radical.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-05-14 at 01:16 PM.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Ogre in the Playground

[Eastside - Open Forum]

Ramiro stands first and addresses the crowd. "Some of you may recognize me as the leader of Tenebras. For those that don't, my name is Ramiro Gallo. These are my associates Samona Mase and Durin Baenurden." He gestures to each in turn. "I hope we can accomplish much today that can lead to this city being a better place to live for all of us." He nods his head and seats himself once more.

[Lake Outside Riverside]

Nadia grins at her girlfriend and runs a hand down her arm. "Change is definitely good." She laughs a little. "We should definitely go on a shopping spree sometime then. We'll fill up our closet."

7. - Top - End - #307
    Titan in the Playground

[Eastside - Open Forum]

The sound of chimes rolls through the courtyard, a perfect cascading chord that echoes out from one area in particular. Water begins to pull out of the air in this small area, forming globes that expand and then roar upwards in a mockery of flames, droplets flying into the air and evaporating before they touch the earth. Five knights appear in the water, clad in sleek and rounded black full plate, twisting lines drawn over the armor in flowing and whirling patterns. Each wears a helmet plumed with green and blue, the plumes twisting weirdly around them as if they were submerged, a plate in the shape of a serene mask hiding their true faces.

Planting sheathed swords before them, the five knights take up stances in a circle around the watery bonfire as it freezes, then slips back down to the earth. A beautiful mask forms from it as it falls, clear and liquid blue, but marked with white patches like burns, a comparison furthered by the asymmetry they cause, portions of the mask simply ending where the opaque white patches take over.

A hand in a gleaming silver glove catches the mask and raises it in front of an alabaster face, their smile suddenly reflected on the mask, its lips curving upwards to match. Rings of ice, water, and silver shine on her bare arms, paired with a dress colored like the foaming sea. The five knights reform behind the woman once she has appeared, keeping the points of their sheathed swords pointed towards the earth, hands on the pommels.

"I have come to represent the interests of the Court of One," Genesis (for such is the identity of the woman, as many will be unsurprised to learn) states clearly. "And the people of Southside, who are under my rule."

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ogre in the Playground

Eastside Forum

After nodding respectfully to the vampires, Jezebel raises an eyebrow at Genesis' entrance and introduction. It was quite showy, but Jezebel didn't need an honorguard to make a statement. Sometimes, never making a show of it was the best way to do so. Standing from her seat, Jezebel gives a small bow to everyone in the room. "And I am Jezebel Tel'vree, Lady of The Masks. Even though we seem mostly to be a religious order, our interest is in reforming the rest of Eastside into a place that is...livable to those within it. Not just that, but a place that people might enjoy living in." She explains with a voice like liquid crystal. Clear, ringing, and smooth.

Restaurant

Cin listens carefully as he sips his wine, mulling it over in his head. "Well, the anchors are easy to find. We can just get you a CT Scan or an X-ray after injecting you with a blood marker in one of the vines." He informs her. "No surgical skill needed. After that, we can figure out the rest out fairly easily. Especially about what tissues it feeds on." The professor takes another sip as he looks her over again before continuing. "You shouldn't hide yourself you know. If you like what you are, then take pride in it and show off."

9. - Top - End - #309

Restaurant

Shayan pauses, and tilts her head to the side like a curious bird, "I'm afraid you misunderstood my intentions. Not all of my practices have been wholesome or civilized, and showing such and obvious sign of my identity in public would spark questions I'm not ready to answer. In normal company I'm quite comfortable with showing off." But she understands the importance of a good disguise.

"But yes, if you have access to either machine I think that method would be preferable to surgery, despite the lack of risk involved in a surgical procedure."
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Troll in the Playground

Forum

Amidst all the elaborately beautiful people are a homely looking middle-aged couple. "I am Pastor Rockwell, and this is my wife Janice. We are here to represent the Sacred Order of Cunningham. We are not a 'power' within the city, but we have many members spread throughout the city." the soft-spoken man says, and sits down. Ramiro of course will know that the Order are the most generous in donating blood to the vampire population.

And has he repaid them by bringing back the sun?

No. No, he has not. What a jerk!

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

11. - Top - End - #311
    Orc in the Playground

Eastside- Open Forum

After Pastor Rockwell has introduced himself, the tiefling in the suit with the silver two-tailed scorpion amulet stands up. "Hello, everybody. I'm Reverend Lord Defelent A'dam, cleric of Dalachrech. We have a Temple in Northside, but my parishioners are from across Riverside and I'm here for those in Eastside." He nods, and sits back down.

Next, the gnome speaks, still strapped to the ogre's back. "I am Byont Fallow, and this is Ignatius. My brother started his business here, and after his murder I inherited the business. I'm here to try and make such random slaughters harder and represent this city's businessmen. Forgive me for not getting down; Ignatius has acted as my legs since an unfortunate accident when I was younger." Byont has a high, reedy voice, and Ignatius punctuates the speech by casually exploring his left nostril with one of his fingers.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ogre in the Playground

Restaurant

Cin smiles gently to Shayan as their food is served, and once the waiters leave, speaks up again. "Well, unlike Inside, people don't care who you are in Riverside. The place is ran by so many political factions that they generally don't care what happens in one to the next as long as you don't get involved against the widespread ones like the Order." He tells her with a smile. "So, here, you're free. As for access to the CT Scans, I have them. We can hit them after here if you'd like."

House of Virtue

"That is a long story, but I'll explain it broadly. If any of them want to go into detail later, they can. So please, sit."
    Rugal says. Assuming the two do so, he begins to explain. "Originally, it was just I. How I came to worship Slaanesh isn't important, but it involved many travels. First, I came across Razorfang. Her tribe had been wiped out when she was barely Named, so I brought her in. Shortly after though, she got involved with a priestly man who went by Gerald, you know him as Pet, so she left me for many years. During that, Charlotte and I met under less than...friendly terms." He admits with a slight smile. "Hate turned to lust after a while, and it just escalated from there. After the Archon and I had come to terms, Razorfang came back with Pet in tow, freed from his own oppressive religion, and the rest is history as they say."

13. - Top - End - #313

Restaurant

Shayan smiles widely, as if she knows something more than Cin, "Perhaps that is true for authority figures, but just before I met you so fortuitously, I ran into something of an adventurous nurse who knew of my work, and had I not been in disguise she may have attacked me then and there in the hospital, surrounded by people with terminal illnesses. I never trust luck to be on my side, although when it is, such as with this far more pleasant encounter, I find myself almost giddy." Well, she certainly doesn't sound giddy, but her body language says otherwise. She's closer now to solving her own personal riddle than she's ever been, and met someone who shares a certain number of peculiarities. She tucks into her meal with relish, eating quickly yet precisely, with no wasted effort.

"We should certainly get the diagnosis over as soon as possible, yes. Still, we can afford to enjoy a moment of company before diving right into business, I think."

14. - Top - End - #314
    Troll in the Playground

House of Virtues

"We have many gods that we pay tribute to, but I have never heard of Slaanesh. Have you, Brother?"

Felis shakes his head no.

"We each have a personal goddess that we feel most attuned to. For me, it is Vesta, the goddess of home and hearth, and Felis is the chosen of Fortuna, goddess of luck."

"Vulcan is the patron god of Thessaloniki. We both give offerings to him as well," Felis says. "He is the god of fire, volcanoes, and smithing."

"What is Slaanesh's domain?" Vita asks.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ogre in the Playground

Restaurant

"I'm pleased that you feel that this encounter is a pleasant one."
    Cin tells her honestly as he eats. "Tell me though, what are your plans for the evening? If nothing else, I do find you fascinating. It's so hard to find a good colleague and peer these days. Much less one that offers as much as you do."

House of Virtues

"Pleasure and Pain primarily."
    Razorfang admits. "But in actuality, it is sensation and experience itself that Slaanesh resides over. Anything that can make you feel alive. The things that make life worth living."

16. - Top - End - #316

Restaurant

"Plans? None whatsoever, beyond enjoying this meal and your company, and perhaps picking your brain further if it didn't seem too gauche. So far your presence in that hallway has been the greatest boon in my life in quite some time, and I intend to take as much advantage as I can of it." She says the words plainly, but the teasing grin that doesn't leave her face speaks a different story. Shayan dabs at the corner of a cheek with a cloth as she leans forward over the table just a tad.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Troll in the Playground

House of Virtues

"Pleasure and Pain primarily."
    Razorfang admits. "But in actuality, it is sensation and experience itself that Slaanesh resides over. Anything that can make you feel alive. The things that make life worth living."
    Vita quickly ducks her head to let her hair fall in front of her face and hide her horrified expression.

Felis is intrigued. "Could it be another name for the god Bacchus? It's an underground cult dedicated to revelry, wine, and pleasure that the Imperium tried to stamp out. Though I don't recall hearing that the Bacchanalia involved pain, except perhaps to those who were sacrificed."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

18. - Top - End - #318

Eastside- Open Forum

((Players are free to godmod the crowd within reason as while most people here are from Eastside I believe there are west, south and northsiders here as well. While I started this scene it doesn't feel like I can represent exactly what the people of Riverside feel. So feel free to write what some of the more common people think about the organizations and what they have to say.))

"I'm here representing Malachenar, the fortress you no doubt have seen floating above the city. We like to help the people who let us stay here a time while we make nessecary repairs. We believe our relationship shouldn't end after we are done however as there is a mutual benefit in working together." She explains with a smile.

No one really appears to take her word for unsurprisingly enough, but people seem to respect her guards enough to not make unappropriated comments.

The arrivals might get the feeling the crowd is starting to get a bit uneasy with the strangeness around them. While the court is enchantingly beautiful, they knew that their knights had done to what once was Eastside.

But this sneaking suspicion extends towards both the masks, Dalachrech, the vampires and the burning light. None of the organizations are exactly viewed in a purely positive light.

"Great." Daeva says after most of the people around her seems to have finished eating. "Let's get started then. I'm going to ask a few questions to the organizations but anyone should feel free to speak up. It's vital however that you don't just listen to me. The organizations should try to talk with each other and make connections, communication is vital if we are going to help each other help the people."

This is followed but some mutters from the crowd but it doesn't appear to discourage the servant. "First of all." Jezebel. The representative of the masks?" The servant asks, turning to the daemon. "I have heard you have been helping the homeless and other unfortunate within eastside by taking them in. But there have also been rumors about strange changes around your temple. Is that anything like Genesis have accomplished?" The servant asks the daemon.

((By the way, posting order isn't all that important in this plot so post whenever you feel like it unless someone it asking a specific organization/person a question.))
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-05-16 at 10:37 AM.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ogre in the Playground

House of Virtues

Razorfang sighs when she smells Vita's horror. "We aren't going to try and convert you." She explains. "And I haven't heard about your god Bacchus, so it might be possible, but likely not. As for sacrifices, while some cultists do it, we find it more than a bit distasteful and unnecessary. We aren't trying for ultimate power after all."

Restaurant

The professor can't help but chuckle a bit at that. "And I must say that it's the same for me." He tells her, leaning forward a bit as well, looking her face over before settling on her eyes. "I never did expect to run into someone like you." He admits. "But I'm thrilled that I did."

Eastside Forum

"That is true."
    Jezebel tells them. "But I must say that I am curious as to what kinds of rumors you've been hearing. I haven't met Genesis until this point, so I have nothing to compare to."

20. - Top - End - #320

Restaurant

Shayan's smile becomes a bit more inviting as he leans in, and she raises a fork laden with some noodles between them.

"If you haven't already, you really should try their pad thai. It's absolutely the best I've ever had." After such a long period of clarity, her eyes have unfocused again for the moment, and her previous invitational posture is gone as she leans back in her seat, fork dangling from her hand in front of Cin's face.

21. - Top - End - #321

Eastside Forum

"Buildings changing, becoming more elegant. It's pretty easy to notice around here, no offense meant." Davea replies, looking around the crowd who most likely live in the houses which offends the eyes of the beholder. "I have actually seen it for myself so I'm curious what the cause is."

[Lake Outside Riverside]

"Yeah... I bet you know a bit more about clothes then I do. I saw some of your stuff when we emptied your room at Genesis place. Nice taste." Irena says with a wink, moving a bit uncomfortably considering a jetty might not be the best place to lay down at.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Ogre in the Playground

Restaurant

Cin notices the look in her eyes and makes a mental note of it, but as disconcerting as it may be, he still leans forward to try the offered food. After he swallows it, he takes a sip of his drink as he leans back. "It really is good, but I prefer just a bit more sugar on mine. I hope everything is okay, you looked distant for a moment."

Eastside Forum

"It is part of the process to rebuild this portion of the city. It's slow, but faster than having to redo it by hand as we've done Inside. It can be disconcerting, but if we put the basis of the structure and materials there, it does the rest."
    Jezebel explains truthfully.

23. - Top - End - #323

Restaurant

Shayan blinks, eyes becoming clearly for a moment, "Did I? I'm sorry, it does happen sometimes. Legacy of a misspent youth I'm afraid. What is it that we were talking about just now?" There's a flush to her cheeks as she retracts her fork, taking another portion for herself and chewing it slowly.

"More sugar... no, I think it's just right for my tastes. Not too sweet, not too sour." Under the table, Cin may feel a vine resting on the top of his thigh. Just a casual gesture, perhaps.

24. - Top - End - #324

Eastside Forum

"I see, well I do not pretend to know what your building process involves. But that's good to know. So is there any more questions for Jezebel before we move on? Or perhaps you got a question for one of the other organizations?" Daeva asks, glancing around the forum.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-05-16 at 12:17 PM.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ogre in the Playground

Restaurant

"Just the plans for the evening."
    Cin reminds her. "And it's alright, I know how such things are." He admits as he lets his hand fall onto the vine that's resting on his thigh. Assuming she can feel through it, he gives it a gentle squeeze of reassurance.

26. - Top - End - #326

Restaurant

Shayan's smile becomes a bit more at ease, proving that she can feel through the vines, "Yes, plans. If you wish to spend a night on the town, I recommend anything save dancing... and perhaps skinny dipping in the river. You'll find I'm not very good at either." Shayan's tone is teasing, but she didn't think he'd seriously consider either.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ogre in the Playground

Restaurant

"Oh, I don't know about that..."
    Cin says with a slight smirk. "I don't think you'd be too bad at the latter." He tells her jokingly as he runs his thumb over the vine softly, testing the firmness and composition of it.

28. - Top - End - #328

Restaurant

The vine is almost fleshy in its texture, although there's no musculature underneath the surface. It's dotted with fragrant yellow flowers, but other than that is completely smooth.

Shayan returns his smirk, "I think you're overestimating my buoyancy. I assure you, I sink like a stone in water."

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ogre in the Playground

Restaurant

"That just depends on how deep the water is, doesn't it?"
    He asks as looks back up at her before continuing eating again. His hand still rests on the vine, stroking it idly as he thinks. "I hope that I haven't been too forward with all of this, but I admit I may have gotten caught up in the excitement." Cin tells her with a smile. "Not that its a bad thing of course."

30. - Top - End - #330
    Troll in the Playground

House of Virtues

Razorfang sighs when she smells Vita's horror. "We aren't going to try and convert you." She explains. "And I haven't heard about your god Bacchus, so it might be possible, but likely not. As for sacrifices, while some cultists do it, we find it more than a bit distasteful and unnecessary. We aren't trying for ultimate power after all."

"In the stories, they sacrifice people at Bacchanalia for refusing to participate in their debauchery rather than to gain power. But there was never evidence that the group in Thessaloniki ever performed human sacrifices,"
    Felis says.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs