New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Riverside VIII: A New Side

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Suncrest Manor]

"Right, I have had some experiences with Slaanesh myself actually." Irena says. "So what is the worship around him based around exactly? What sort of rituals do you have?" Her tone still neutral as she leans against the wall in a relaxed pose.
    [Suncrest Manor]

Aubrey stops massaging Nadia. Given that the girl is not likely to relax until after the conversation, the hermaphrodite gets off of her, "I don't think Nadia appreciates the topic, so the massage can wait until afterwards."

Aubrey moves her head towards the door, indicating a suggestion to discuss things outside the room.
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-04-13 at 08:23 PM.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Suncrest Manor]

Irena raises an eyebrow at that reaction and then glances at Nadia, "Are you okay with that Naidia?" She says gently, making it clear she can decide wherever they can leave or not. The nymph might have figured out Irena pretty much do anything she says by now, well, except cleaning of course.

If she allows it, Irena will leave with the cultist for a bit.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Flying Castle]

"I couldn't say. Not until the events in Eastside are sorted out at the very least. I'm sure something could be organized in the future, though." Dacio replies. Right now things are a tad chaotic.

[Suncrest Manor]

Nadia sits up and she folds her arms over her chest. "No, that's not it. You don't need to leave me out of it." The lampades frowns and goes to retrieve a baggy tshirt, which she will proceed to pull on.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-04-13 at 09:13 PM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Dwarf in the Playground

Exbourne Manor

"I'm an ink magnet."

She gestures down at her mostly white outfit, which is stained in several places by ink.

"Besides that, I have an... unusual reaction to any magic that I've come into contact with. I've passed out both times. Neither time was nice and easy."

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

[Suncrest Manor]

"That's fine," Aubrey says, "I was just concerned since you didn't seem to like the topic," She shrugs though. Doesn't really matter either way, after all.

"Anyways, followers of Slaanesh generally want sensations. New sensations are the best, new experiences, and new ways of doing things. Doing that is enough." He grins, "For example, I've never given a nymph a massage before"

6. - Top - End - #66

[Suncrest Manor]

"Yeah, I knew that." Irena replies. "See it's a pretty long story, I picked up a sword that I think belonged to Slaanesh like a year ago. Back then I was pretty different but the blade started to change me in various ways. I won't go into all the details but I hit **** creek somewhere down the line. With no hope I drank myself drunk at a bar... where I meet Nadia." Irena actually blushes as she mentions this, still feeling rather fluttery at that memory.

"...uh, after I meet her I decided to fight against the blade rather then just giving up." She takes a deep breath, trying to keep her eyes on Aubrey, afraid if she looked at her girlfriend she wouldn't be able to look away.

"So I managed to beat the blade and learned a great deal about it in the process. Like about what it was trying to turn me into and what Slaanesh stood for." The witch finishes, subconsciously pressing her fingernails into her palm asshe seems to be trying to breath slowly.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

[Suncrest Manor]

Oh dear, Nadia is blushing too. A little at Aubrey's comment, but her face goes beet red at the mention of that night in the bar. It's certainly not something she regrets, but still.

She sits down on the edge of the bed and listens to her girlfriend speak with a vaguely adoring look on her face. Seeing the signs of stress in Irena, Nadia stands and goes to her side. She takes her hand and tries to gently open it.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

[Suncrest Manor]

Aubrey's brow furrows, "I'm sorry you had to go through that. I can just about guarantee that it wasn't the masks that did this, if you were worried about it. You want some answers now, right? I'll do my best to give you what you need. I'm yours for twenty four hours, after all."

9. - Top - End - #69
    Orc in the Playground

Westside- Dark Alleyway

There remains a figure lying in this alley, though there's less of them now. They haven't moved in a few days are they're beginning to really smell. They were rather ripe before, admittedly, but now the smell is a truly horrendous mix of rotting flesh, decay and blood.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

10. - Top - End - #70

Exbourne Manor

"What sort of magic have you come in contact with? Harmful? Beneficial?" Astrana replies, looking curiously at the girl. A girl genius maybe? Or a result of some sort of magical experiment perhaps?

[The Flying Castle]

"I understand, the empire we're from is suffering from decentralization as well ever since the capital fell. We are trying to organize that as well though so we have quite some experience in this. We'd love to help." The shadow vampire replies, it's eye-less face facing Dacio.

[Suncrest Manor]

"I know it wasn't you, you worship that god though and there wasn't anything nice to read about it. Or to be corrupted by one of it's daemons for that matter." Irena replies with a shrill voice, looking rather upset.

But as Nadia touches her hand she suddenly blushes and opens it, calming down in a instant. Her breathing slowing down.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground

Exbourne Manor

"One bit was pixie magic. I'm not sure what it was meant to do... but I felt slick, and threw up... gunk. The other time was when I came into contact with the flame at light's heart. That..."

The light inside her, picking through her, and the shadow running, hiding... protecting?

"I just don't want to talk about that."

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

[Exbourne Manor]

"Eadelain doesn't like to talk about that place." Cynthia helpfully informs Astrana. She's helping her new friend out. *nodnod*

[Suncrest Manor]

Nadia will stay silent for now and continue to hold Irena's hand. She's there for support.

[The Flying Castle]

"And it's much appreciated." Dacio is fairly certain isn't not quite that appreciated. He knows as well as most that Tenebras keeps to itself, and he isn't about to change personally, even if he wanted to.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

[Southside]

Quiet has reigned over the strange area around the river, the titanic changes having come to a slow halt. The mists mimic the flow of the water they spawned from, drifting in a slow circle through the southern portion of Riverside, no longer intensifying or spreading, yet in the very center it still changes. Churning around the smallest clearing, a portion of the mist solidifies, gathering into a pulsing crystalline sphere that lifts from the ground and into the sky. A bonfire of white fire ignites around the sphere, melting it and shedding its light about the southern river. Darkness pulls away from its touch in fear, and the clouds dissolve at the sight of its radiance.

"Behold, all you who cower in the darkness, and all who dream of the dawn's breaking glory! The Court of One has risen, and I declare its sovereignty. If you would see the sun shed upon this city, and seek asylum from the monsters that linger in shadows, come. If you would find new life, putting behind misfortune and past regrets, come. If you would desire safety from those who would oppress and use you, come. I am Genesis, Queen of Rings, and I will see your visions answered through my will!"
    The voice breaks through the mists and rings high above the city, shivering out of the river and echoing down the streets. Its strength carries it to the walls and beyond, the victory in its tone ringing clear.

"This day, I declare that the Court of One is distinct from all others. Within our borders, I will recognize the authority of no powers but those of the Court; by my sovereignty I will it, and with my might I enforce that will."

The bright gleam dims, a crystal structure glistening over the center of Southside showing at the center of the dying radiance. A green glow shines in the center of the white, and though it is all difficult to make out, a strange certainty will fill the heart of those who see it- this is the Court of One, and its queen.

"To all those in this city who would who see bright dreams realized, this Court will support you, should you come to it. If you are poor, the Court will raise you from poverty. If you are weak in spirit, the Court will give you the strength the move forward. All those pure of spirit, this day you have an ally- all those who are steeped in sin, pray for your redemption, for I will not suffer transgressions against my people."

The light fades, and the echoing voice soon after, speaking one last phrase.
    "Have hope, city of the river- the Court of One is come."

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Center of Eastside

Jezebel, unmasked, but dressed in a flowing white gown looks up at the trio of buildings in front of her. A ruined temple, a run-down apartment complex, and a somewhat shabby meeting hall. They were all her's now. Bought and paid for in full with some of the cash from the Charity Auction. Her two companions, Sarah and Juan are likewise unmasked, but keep their masks on their belt to tell others of their rank. "Begin the move. I want the link opened within the week and Renovations done within three days."

"And the Inside Temple?"

"Make sure it's still running. We need to keep operations going there. Some of the members might be a bit squeamish with what we're about to do, but after everything is established, we'll open a portal between here and there to allow transport."

"Understood, Mistress."

"Good." Jezebel tells them as she strides up to the temple. "Now get me the sacrifice." She commands them mentally.

Giving her a bow, the pair leave The Lady to herself.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

[Southside]

The declaration from the Court of One has the Southside Hunters in a bit of a disarray. Most of them are rather unwilling to let this... being have its way with the city, but none of them have much of an idea what to do about it. Still, they stay in Southside. They're hard to track down or tell apart from normal mortals, so most cells plan to work against the new supernatural regime from the inside.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Orc in the Playground

Westside- A Different Alley To The One With The Corpse In It; This One's Brighter

A man, rather tall and willowy, is here. He's bald, and there's an unhealthy cast to his skin. He's wearing dungarees that don't quite reach his ankles over a yellow shirt. His eyes are green, with faint red specks. The air around him has an unpleasant smell; a mix of strong deodorant and rotting flesh.

The person he's with doesn't seem to mind, however; she's shorter than he is, and wearing a short pink skirt and a blue t-shirt that dips low in front and reveals her belly. Her long blonde hair is in an artful state of disarray; one that took hours of preparation to look natural. Her blue eyes stare vacantly ahead and her head is tilted to one side, giving the man access to her neck, where he's drinking her blood.

Southside

A figure wrapped in heavily concealing clothing enters. They're wearing a long trench coat, dark corduroy trousers and a black hoodie with the hood up to hide his face. He's stumbling slightly, and smells rather bad. He keeps his head lowered and doesn't raise it, though any that gets a look in might think he's wearing a Halloween mask, though in truth he has naturally mummified and is long dead.

His progress is watched closely by the skeletal monkeys that observe the edges of the mist, though Mortius was careful not to watch with more than he usually does. He wants to see if the mindless, uncontrolled zombie will have the same problem as his monkeys.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

[Southside - Zombie]

The precise reaction the zombie derives depends on where it enters.

If it enters the thin mists on the outskirts of Southside, it will not be affected in the slightest- but then, the monkeys were not harmed when they skirted through such an area either.

However, getting into the deeper mists, where the skeletal primates were destroyed before is now somewhat more difficult. The zombie would need to pass through a populated area unremarked, and into the deeper mists which are now guarded by the Devoured Legion. The Legion can easily be seen warding people from entering the mists, though they don't block everyone's passage, and they can't form a continuous line. Still, a shambling zombie probably doesn't have the skill at stealth to enter undetected.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Suncrest Manor]

"I know it wasn't you, you worship that god though and there wasn't anything nice to read about it. Or to be corrupted by one of it's daemons for that matter." Irena replies with a shrill voice, looking rather upset.

But as Nadia touches her hand she suddenly blushes and opens it, calming down in a instant. Her breathing slowing down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Suncrest Manor]

Nadia will stay silent for now and continue to hold Irena's hand. She's there for support.
    [Suncrest Manor]

"I'm not sure if there's anything i can say to help you, Irena. I'm not sure what I can say to even follow that up." Aubrey is genuinely empathetic towards Irena, but she isn't sure how to handle this situation. Not exactly what he imagined when she got up on stage.

19. - Top - End - #79

[Suncrest Manor]

The witch takes a deep breath and squeezes Nadia's hand a bit firmer before she turns to look at Aubrey again. "I don't blame you, I was just looking for answers. Or something... I don't know. Do you think you could check on me at least? You must know something about Daemons." Irena says.

Center of Eastside

The masked newcomers might come across a number of white-robed people handing out pamphlets and putting up posters across eastside. Apparently they are seeking people for some sort of debate about what should be done within the section.

[Exbourne Manor]

"Right, well I suppose you like to live here then? I think we could arrange for a room on your own. Hopefully your little 'trick' will finally be of some use." She says with a glance at the demon girl. "Just tell Ramior Eadelain like a room... if you want one that is?" Astrana asks the ink-attracting girl.

[The Flying Castle]

"Good, we shall send a few of our court to assist you with this Southside problem in a few days." The vampire pauses before adding. "Now, was there anything else? If not Celestel could give you a tour around the castle before you leave." It says with a nod towards the stewardess for curtsies once again.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Dwarf in the Playground

Exbourne Manor

Eadelain is quite surprised. That is rather out of the blue. It's a nice surprise, but...

"That is very nice of you, and I am interested. How is life here? I'm trying to leave Light's Heart because of internal politics... I don't want to have to deal with more of that."

If this turns out to have promise... she is willing to barter to get away from Light's Heart. To get somewhere where she doesn't have to worry about being an observer to plans to undermine the institution giving her room and board.

It's not showing on her face, of course.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

[Exbourne Manor]

Cynthia sits up with a bit more attention. She might be staying here? =O The demon will wait till they come to a conclusion.

[Suncrest Manor]

"It had changed her a bit too, but we kind of got rid of that." It was more a cosmetic thing though. Nadia will let Irena decide if she wants to go into more detail about the scales and such.

[The Flying Castle]

"I don't think there's anything else. I'd enjoy a tour, thank you." Dacio says graciously.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

Center of Eastside

Sarah pauses when she sees the pamphlets and waves Juan to keep going. He could take care of himself. Once the daemonhost has left, the Black Mask walks on over to those in the robes. "Can I help you?" She asks.

23. - Top - End - #83

Exbourne Manor

"Don't act so surprised, that's what you wanted wasn't it?" Astrana asks. "I was allowed to live here when I had no place else to go so I know how it is." And this girl could let Cynthia do something else then bother her all day.

"Life here is pretty nice, they got servants and everything. I still take care of the things in my own room though. Don't want anyone to touch my stuff. Could be dangerous."

[The Flying Castle]

"Very well, just make sure he have pleasant tour Celestel." Wyhrn tells the stewardess before slowly walking back the way it came, leaving the two alone.

"So how was that? I hope you got something out of it, I know they can be rather tight-lipped about information sometimes. But they are really interested- we are very interested in working with you." She asks as the shadow vampire appears to be out of earshoot.

Center of Eastside

One of the robed persons, a woman, or rather a girl considering just how young she looks turns her attention to Sarah. She appears rather nervous at first, but as an elderly robed man nods in her direction her back straightens and she slowly approaches the cultist.

"...yes. We are raising awareness about what's going on in eastside and like to invite people to an open debate about the subject. Everyone is welcome." She says, covering up her initial nervousness about the masked person with a smile, handing over a pamphlet.

Apparently they are offering lunch...

24. - Top - End - #84
    Dwarf in the Playground

Exbourne Manor

Well, then... "I would like to stay here, then. Who would I need to talk to?" She's fairly sure that there's something else that will make it a less than perfect place to live... but she doesn't need a perfect place to live. She just needs an okay place to live!

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Flying Castle]

"I definitely got that. I'm sure Ramiro is interested in a closer relationship with you as well." Dacio says. He smiles pleasantly, and hopefully reassuringly.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

[Southside Gate] ((I'm assuming that there is a gate and road into Southside; please correct me if I'm doin' it wrong.))
    A shabby, outdated minivan lurches in, driven by a white-skinned, blue-haired gal.
    She blinks.
    Mistress, I believe this place may be suitable for establishing a living space.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

27. - Top - End - #87
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    [Southside Gate] ((I'm assuming that there is a gate and road into Southside; please correct me if I'm doin' it wrong.))
    A shabby, outdated minivan lurches in, driven by a white-skinned, blue-haired gal.
    She blinks.
    Mistress, I believe this place may be suitable for establishing a living space.
    a Blond drider in the back seat giggles, looking outside "this look very nice...hmm...where do you think we can hide out for now?"

thanks beansy!
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

[Southside Road]
    We may have to continue living in this vehicle until we find a suitable domicile; am I right in remembering that you expressed interest in adopting an abandoned building as our domicile?
    She keeps driving.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

29. - Top - End - #89
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    [Southside Road]
    We may have to continue living in this vehicle until we find a suitable domicile; am I right in remembering that you expressed interest in adopting an abandoned building as our domicile?
    She keeps driving.
    The drider nods "that's right...a nice ruin to set up my webs..."

thanks beansy!
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

[Southside Road - Brutalist Building]
    They keep driving and, eventually ((and I hope I'm allowed to do this!)) come upon what seems to be an old, unsightly house in blocky Brutalist architecture. A multi-storied concrete affair, it looks stark and out-of-place.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show