New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default M&M ya....help me screw over some dudes that switched to M&M(3e)

Mutants and Masterminds(3e)....

Soooooooooo.......yeah....I spend over a weak learning a different system (I won't say which just in case they search, and it was a HARD to learn system.....) and they end up changing the system AT THE LAST MINUTE! I mean within a few days!!!

Anyways. they end up deciding to play mutants and masterminds 3e...

...So I hear M&M has lots of loop holes. I want to make the most b*da*ss character that will make them weep!

I want to make them pay!

Please help me make a broken character!!!
    Last edited by randomhero00; 2012-04-21 at 09:04 PM.
    Murder is wrong... Unless it levels you up.

2. - Top - End - #2

Default What do you do if your DM/Players screw you in some way (with the rules)?

What the title says. Ive come into a recent situation which has been very similar...

3. - Top - End - #3
    Sheriff in the Playground Administrator

Default Re: What do you do if your DM/Players screw you in some way (with the rules)?

Talk to them about it like mature individuals.

You might want to be more specific, if you expect meaningful responses.
    Forum Rules

Sheriff Roland by Chris the Pontifex

4. - Top - End - #4

Default Re: What do you do if your DM/Players screw you in some way (with the rules)?

Quote Originally Posted by Roland St. Jude View Post
    Talk to them about it like mature individuals.

You might want to be more specific, if you expect meaningful responses.
    Ok sorry. They decided to play a new game without me.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by randomhero00 View Post
    I can't see how that is related to the rules of the game. It seems to be more a matter of the social contract. Find out why they wish to play without you, and think on whether their reasons for avoiding you for this game are legitimate. It may be that they don't think you'll fit into the game for some reason, or you might have schedule conflicts with parts of the game that you do not know about.

In any case, and even if their reason isn't very reasonable, realize that no one is obligated to invite anyone else to a game that they wish to play. This isn't some inheritance that you have an innate claim to acquire. You can argue about whether their reason is sensible, but it is still ultimately their decision.

If their decision to exclude you means that you aren't playing as much as you would like, you can try to set up your own game.
    Last edited by Sucrose; 2012-04-21 at 10:50 PM.
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: M&M ya....help me screw over some dudes that switched to M&M(3e)

Great Modthulhu: One thread, one topic please.

And for good measure, you're unlikely to get any useful advice here with your motives out in the open like this - if you're determined to be 'That Guy', the problem player they never invite back to another game, there's plenty of ways to do it.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground
    Protecting my Horde (yes, I mean that kind)

Mutants and Masterminds(3e)....

Soooooooooo.......yeah....I spend over a weak learning a different system (I won't say which just in case they search, and it was a HARD to learn system.....) and they end up changing the system AT THE LAST MINUTE! I mean within a few days!!!

Anyways. they end up deciding to play mutants and masterminds 3e...

...So I hear M&M has lots of loop holes. I want to make the most b*da*ss character that will make them weep!

I want to make them pay!

Please help me make a broken character!!!
    Use all 150 Points in the widest possible Variable effect you can manage. There you go, you can do anything whenever you want from round to round. Or just AE everything off of one power and call is magic. Or use Duplication with the Heroic Extra and the extera to summon a million duplicates all at once.

Breaking M&M is easy, but the rules also make it clear the GM can veto any character you create.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Have you considered that perhaps the reason they decided to play a new game was because they feel you have a habit of making broken characters?

The goal of a game is to have fun, not punish others.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateGirl

If you show up with only the intention to make others have as miserable a time as you can, you can't expect people to keep playing with you.

It's ludicrous.
    Before you judge someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you judge them, you're a mile away and you've got their shoes.

10. - Top - End - #10

1. I apologize guys. It ticked me off so much I got drunk. I shouldn't have posted.

2. I've never played with them before. This is a new group. And the social events I've met them at they seem to quite like me. So they aren't trying to squeeze me out or anything.

3. I changed my mind about being difficult.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Dosting while prunk is NEVER a good idea.