New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends XXXIII: Game of Mundo

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Gragas is much stronger in high Elo. In low to mid elo, if the two teams meet, a fight will almost certainly break out immediately, but in high elo, there will be a standoff where both teams are waiting for someone to be out of position, so Gragas can poke more often with that setup.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Orc in the Playground

I occasionally like to play Gragas as a tanky bruiser rather than an AP caster, just for the fun of it. It's not as dumb as it sounds, either - he has a massive natural health pool, great health regeneration, he can charge in and out of close range fights easily, and with his Drunken Rage he's surprisingly hard to take down, and his hits hurt. Give him a Warmog's, a Sunfire Cape and a Force of Nature and he suddenly becomes virtually unkillable. Then give him some damage and movement speed, and you'd be impressed by the result!
    I mean, yeah, it's nowhere near as optimal as his mage build, but damn if it's not fun as hell.
    ...but of course that's just my opinion.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Litewarior View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Gragas is much stronger in high Elo. In low to mid elo, if the two teams meet, a fight will almost certainly break out immediately, but in high elo, there will be a standoff where both teams are waiting for someone to be out of position, so Gragas can poke more often with that setup.
    Eh, it's more that high elo teams know how to play to their team comp's strengths so they (often) try and enable poking for poke champs for instance (unless you have those "AP Nidalee is useless"-people on your team; unfortunately they exist too). The standoffs do occur but it's less of a standoff and more of a team pushing a tower and the other team being in a strong enough defensive position that the attack gets parried; poke teams on the other hand generally setup slow pushes where enemy cannot come out from under their towers due to the damage they would take, and then slowly and methodically whittle down the defense via. poke or poke/heal. Of course, this means they need to play in a manner that negates enemy initiation; a proper initiation "counters" poking, but it's hard to execute against skilled players employing poke.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2012-05-03 at 08:28 AM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Troll in the Playground

Bug:
    It's possible (via hackz, yo) to allocate more than the normal limit of points into any given mastery, resulting in people with 105% Summoner spell cooldown reduction.

I feel like the GITP community bug reports are going to take a bit of back seat to this problem.

It's been going around for a few days and people are climbing the ladder with it; several, at the very least, are already 1900+ because of it.
    Last edited by ex cathedra; 2012-05-03 at 08:59 AM.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    Bug:
    It's possible (via hackz, yo) to allocate more than the normal limit of points into any given mastery, resulting in people with 105% Summoner spell cooldown reduction.

I feel like the GITP community bug reports are going to take a bit of back seat to this problem.

It's been going around for a few days and people are climbing the ladder with it; several, at the very least, are already 1900+ because of it.
    Huh, so that explains my last several losses. I don't care that I made some bad plays or had poor teammates. I WAS HACKED!!!

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

Bug:

Not to mention that the person actually has more than 30 mastery points spent.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

7. - Top - End - #187
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Not to mention that the person actually has more than 30 mastery points spent.
    Let's see...
    1... plus 1... plus 28... is greater than 30?

Quote Originally Posted by LordShotGun View Post
    Huh, so that explains my last several losses. I don't care that I made some bad plays or had poor teammates. I WAS HACKED!!!
    Seems legit.

At least ladder play is disabled now. Still, kind of a silly problem.

edit:

oh man I think that I'm supposed to start decaying this weekend. And I can't queue for ranked because of this.
    Last edited by ex cathedra; 2012-05-03 at 09:26 AM.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tergon View Post
    As for his item builds, I usually (not always, natch!) get Chalice of Harmony, Mercury Treads and Morelio's Evil Tome as my first three items, in that order. They're all quite cheap to buy, and their bonuses really complement Heimer's skillset by making sure he always has that mana pool ready, increasing his MR just a little to shrug off attacks, and with his natural 20% cooldown reduction from his ult, Morelio's will max out his CR easily.
    After those three, though, you gotta match it to your opponents. Generally it's a toss-up between making him tanky or increasing his damage through AP. Thornmail works great against DPS, and a Guardian Angel can make him much less attractive as a target. Rabbadon's Deathcap and the Void Staff will make your turrets shred your enemies, and your rockets will deal massive damage. Rylai's and Aegis of the Legion are nice midrange ones - increasing your use in a teamfight while making you individually harder to take down. It all depends on what you need most.
    My usual build is different: Until Chalice builds into something, it's not worth much late game, so I build an early Tear instead of it. I go for Sorc Shoes, Tear, Hextech Revolver and then Rylai's. After that I go for Void Staff and eventually Derpcap. I build Revolver into WotA and Tear into AA Staff in the end, or earlier, depending.

I sometimes switch Void Staff for Abyssal Sceptre or a similar item.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

Bug:

I like that he tried to edit the images to hide his name, but failed quite spectacularly to get rid of the GIANT NAME in the first image, and the little one above his portrait on the second.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deophaun View Post
    It doesn't so much as demean the celestial monkey's existence, so much as fulfill it. Without the ability to be summoned to set off traps, retrieve objects from dangerous situations, and all and all be a party's guinea pig, the Celestial Monkey would languish in obscurity in the MM and do nothing more legendary than eat celestial bananas.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #190
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard View Post
    I like that he tried to edit the images to hide his name, but failed quite spectacularly to get rid of the GIANT NAME in the first image, and the little one above his portrait on the second.
    I assumed that someone else took a screen shot of his profile and edited their information out of it. That explains why there isn't a Reset Mastery Points button, etc.

You know that you can look at other people's profile and mastery pages, right? the number of derpy posts regarding those screenshots is making me doubt myself. suddenly 1+1+28=31 and that dude just photoshopped the edit masteries buttons out of his profile and junk

Anyways, spectator mode is still the coolest. Dyrus and Xpecial are on the same team in normals, and they're getting 10-0'd by the enemy quintuple bruiser comp. Wukong/Shen/Irelia/Lee Sin/Jarvan IV. Seems legit indeed.
    Last edited by ex cathedra; 2012-05-03 at 12:02 PM.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

Spectator mode just brough me back to LoL, and man, is it awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drager0 View Post
    MY LIFE IS RUINED FOREVER AND IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF YOU, VOLATAR!!!!
    My Twitter
    Awesome Yukari avatar by memnarch.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

Let's see...
    1... plus 1... plus 28... is greater than 30?
    No.
    1 in Offense summoner spell mastery
    1 in Defense summoner spell mastery
    1 in Utility summoner spell mastery
    3 in whatever the Utility purple thing is
    17 in the Utility movespeed one
    7 in the Utility capstone

1+1+1+3+17+7=....

Never mind, i had a brainfart...
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

Bug: Hack

Someone missed the client/server directive here. This makes me sad. We're fixing it.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by SweetRein View Post

Someone missed the client/server directive here. This makes me sad. We're fixing it.
    Its sad because I can't play Ranked, so I have no motivation to play LoL, but its good because I don't want to lose to crap like this.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Duos View Post
    Welp, I've got launcher problems. The launcher wouldn't move into the login screen, and I couldn't figure out what was wrong with it. I tried reinstalling the client from scratch, but it still says that it's unable to connect to the network. here's what the logs say:
    Spoiler
    Show

05/02/2012 22:32 [INFO] Solid LauncherLib [1.0.0.33] initializing...
    05/02/2012 22:32 [INFO] Add App[League of Legends Launcher] Exe[C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\lol.launcher.exe] to Windows Firewall
    05/02/2012 22:32 [INFO] Retrieved dynamic path [http://l3cdn.riotgames.com/LOL.Produ...SourceURL.xml][http://l3cdn.riotgames.com/]
    05/02/2012 22:32 [INFO] Patcher_AddPackage([LOL.AirRuntime],[http://l3cdn.riotgames.com/],[C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\]) successful
    05/02/2012 22:32 [INFO] Attempt to retrieve package [http://l3cdn.riotgames.com/LOL.AirRuntime.package]
    05/02/2012 22:32 [INFO] Version retrieved [LOL.AirRuntime] 3/3 [AirRuntime.02_18_2010_01]/[AirRuntime.02_18_2010_01] type [PACKAGE_TYPE_INCREMENTAL]
    05/02/2012 22:32 [INFO] [LOL.AirRuntime] State change [PATCHER_STATE_IDLE] to [PATCHER_STATE_ALLTASKSCOMPLETE]
    05/02/2012 22:32 [INFO] Patcher_RemovePackage([LOL.AirRuntime]) successful
    05/02/2012 22:32 [INFO] Patcher_AddPackage([LOL.Patcher],[http://l3cdn.riotgames.com/],[C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\]) successful
    05/02/2012 22:32 [INFO] Attempt to retrieve package [http://l3cdn.riotgames.com/LOL.Patcher.package]
    05/02/2012 22:32 [INFO] Version retrieved [LOL.Patcher] 18/18 [LOL.Patcher.05_03_2011_RADStransition]/[LOL.Patcher.05_03_2011_RADStransition] type [PACKAGE_TYPE_INCREMENTAL]
    05/02/2012 22:32 [INFO] [LOL.Patcher] State change [PATCHER_STATE_IDLE] to [PATCHER_STATE_ALLTASKSCOMPLETE]
    05/02/2012 22:32 [INFO] Patcher_RemovePackage([LOL.Patcher]) successful
    05/02/2012 22:32 [INFO] Patcher_AddPackage([LOL.Air],[http://l3cdn.riotgames.com/],[C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\]) successful
    05/02/2012 22:32 [INFO] Attempt to retrieve package [http://l3cdn.riotgames.com/LOL.Air.package]
    05/02/2012 22:32 [INFO] Restart previous
    05/02/2012 22:32 [INFO] Start task [http://l3cdn.riotgames.com/ssn/riot.ffs] [LOL.Air_93_73to93.solid] [C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\LOL.Air_p\] [C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\] [0.00/0.00]
    05/02/2012 22:32 [INFO] [LOL.Air] State change [PATCHER_STATE_IDLE] to [PATCHER_STATE_IDLE]
    05/02/2012 22:32 [INFO] Version retrieved [LOL.Air] 93/73 [Final]/[LOL.Air.12_13_2010] type [PACKAGE_TYPE_PROGRESSIVE_VCDIFF]
    05/02/2012 22:32 [INFO] [LOL.Air] State change [PATCHER_STATE_IDLE] to [PATCHER_STATE_PREPARE]
    05/02/2012 22:32 [INFO] Start download [http://l3cdn.riotgames.com/ssn/riot.ffs]
    05/02/2012 22:32 [INFO] [LOL.Air_93_73to93.solid]
    05/02/2012 22:32 [INFO] [C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\LOL.Air_p\]
    05/02/2012 22:32 [INFO] [C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\]
    05/02/2012 22:32 [WARNING] Download failed [TORRENTHELPER_ERROR_INVALIDMETAFILE]
    05/02/2012 22:32 [WARNING] Attempt to retrieve metafile[LOL.Air/93/LOL.Air_93_73to93.solid]
    05/02/2012 22:32 [INFO] [LOL.Air] State change [PATCHER_STATE_PREPARE] to [PATCHER_STATE_FAILED]

If anybody can help, I would be rather grateful. If I can't play LoL, I might actually have to do something productive! PERISH the thought. But seriously, help.
    Alright, gonna bump this up while we're busy talking bout bugs and whatnot, since it got buried under a a deluge of posts about the new Journal.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #196
    Orc in the Playground

Have you submitted a ticket to Riot's support service? They're probably much more able to help you than we are.

https://support.leagueoflegends.com/home
    Last edited by Neoseanster; 2012-05-03 at 02:00 PM.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SweetRein View Post

I was just teasing. I imagine that it must be pretty stressful over there, though. Sympathies.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

Last edited by 9mm; 2012-05-03 at 04:13 PM.
    Rule of Cool former designer

Games I'm playing: League of Legends, Mechwarrior Online

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

So guys. Someone let me log in for a game today and I noticed I somehow have 10 IP boosts. How did this happen?

(Assume that I know nothing about LoL since early April, because I don't.)
    Last edited by Silverraptor; 2012-05-03 at 04:19 PM.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    So guys. Someone let me log in for a game today and I noticed I somehow have 10 IP boosts. How did this happen?

(Assume that I know nothing about LoL since early April, because I don't.)
    Apology gift for how long it took to get the Hecarim patch working properly.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Barbarian in the Playground

Funniest video of the semester.

The song, Ashe's arrows, WW, Annie, Mundo. PERFECT!

Thanks for posting it here XD
    Spoiler
    Show

Much lulz avatar made by Fayt, and Echowind made the, awesome, always angry William. And the awesome thelizard made the not-right-in-the-head Argile

Giantitp (Unofficial) IRC. Join now !

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    Apology gift for how long it took to get the Hecarim patch working properly.
    Huh... Fine with me. Couldn't get on for the patch anyway.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

23. - Top - End - #203
    Banned

Apparently there's another bug (or hack) that allows you to see buffs, wards, and blue-pilling in fog of war.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Orc in the Playground

What's people's opinions on Trundle the Troll? I quite like him in regular games, but everyone and their mother have told me that apparently if I use him for everything other than Jungling I'm commiting some kind of sin against God. There's no doubt he's an awesome jungler, but I honestly prefer laning with him. Thoughts?
    ...but of course that's just my opinion.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Tergon View Post
    What's people's opinions on Trundle the Troll? I quite like him in regular games, but everyone and their mother have told me that apparently if I use him for everything other than Jungling I'm commiting some kind of sin against God. There's no doubt he's an awesome jungler, but I honestly prefer laning with him. Thoughts?
    He's not amazing at laning. He has sustain... but that's about it. His jungling is alright, its lackluster, but its good. His ganks are awkward and his CC is limited. His utility is only good if you understand how to use pillar AND your team makes proper use of it.

Basically trundle has no place in Solo queue, but only in organized games as a specific hero for a particular lineup. The only reason I would play him solo top is either in a 2v1 lane or vs. Yorick, since his kit is VERY good for both of those situations.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

Alright wise folk much better at this game than me. I have a friend, who sucks at this game. To the point where I go in to every game playing with him expecting to lose. But I try to give constructive advice and slowly but surely he's getting better.

Recently he's been trying to jungle Tryndamere, and I find myself in the odd position of not actually having any advice for him. I don't play Tryndamere and rarely jungle. So I was wondering if you guys knew how jungle Tryndamere is supposed to be played, what's the optimal runes/masteries, what summoners, how frequently should he be ganking as opposed to actually jungling, all that jazz.

Thanks in advance.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Standard Jungle runes. Focus your heal thingie. Farm a lot. Give blue to your Middle. Ganking is difficult so focus on farming. Get a Wriggles and then probably an IE. If you can farm uninterrupted for 30 minutes you'll probably carry the team assuming the don't have teemo/a lot of CC.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by toasty View Post
    Standard Jungle runes. Focus your heal thingie. Farm a lot. Give blue to your Middle. Ganking is difficult so focus on farming. Get a Wriggles and then probably an IE. If you can farm uninterrupted for 30 minutes you'll probably carry the team assuming the don't have teemo/a lot of CC.
    Chicken-yell and Redbuff provide a lot of slow, but Trynd doesn't have any hard CC. He does have a pretty good approach skill and he puts out a lot of damage. He's not completely self-sufficient in a gank; you need your laner to be on the ball in assisting you in a timely fashion, but that's true of most junglers if you're ganking anything more resilient than somebody who foolishly left themselves exposed in lane while in one/twoshot range.

Take Cleanse and/or buy a Quick Silver Sash and learn to use them. Your effectiveness in fights is hugely dependent on your ability to keep smashing people in the face and press R for extended life/runaway time. There's not much more frustrating than getting chain-CC'd or kited to death before you can ult, or having your entire ult period wasted to CCs (or making a narrow getaway with Undying Rage and then dying to a DoT effect when it expires.)

If your friend gets seriously invested in Tryndamere, get him to practice where and when he can cross walls with Spinning Slash.

29. - Top - End - #209

Point of order: No CC effect in the game can stop a Trynd from ulting. The only way to stop him from ulting is to kill him so fast he doesn't realize he needs to ult. Cleanse and QSS are still good for beating Ignite/Exhaust, though. Obviously other CC too, those are just the big ones.
    Last edited by fred dref; 2012-05-03 at 06:57 PM.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Banned

Yeah, I was going to say, Tryndamere is a seriously strong ganker except against stupid escapable champs like Kennen, Corki, Vlad, etc. Burn summoners, come back in a minute, acquire kills. Also, quick Phantom Dancer is a viable option on Tryndamere after Wriggle's and maybe an extra Doran's Blade or two.