New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Default Magic items cost

How much would it cost to create magic items that grant ability score bonuses different from enhancement? For example a ring of Int +6 (luck or whatever).

And stacking two different bonuses (ring of int and wis +6 luck bonus)? Can I meke a ring of Int +6 luck Int +6 competence etc.? How much would it cost?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Magic items cost

The prices of all custom magic items you craft are whatever your DM decides, if they allow them at all.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

There are no rules for it and no items I know of that provide Stat bonus which aren't enhancement or inherent. I wouldn't allow it as a DM, personally.
    Homebrew PrC: The Performance Artist

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

There's no rule for creating magic items that grant different bonuses from those presented on DMG for enhancement (to ability scores)?

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Post Re: Magic items cost

Quote Originally Posted by Melnir View Post
    How much would it cost to create magic items that grant ability score bonuses different from enhancement? For example a ring of Int +6 (luck or whatever).
    You can use the Estimating Magic Item Gold Piece Values table to estimate how much such custom magic items should cost. (Remember such items may still be unbalanced, like a Ring of Continuous True strike that according to the guidelines is very cheap.) Anyway, a non-resistance saving throw bonus costs double, so it makes sense a non-enhancement ability bonus would also cost double. In addition, a non-standard body slot increases the cost by 1.5.

For example, a Headband of Intellect (+2 INT enhancement) is normally 4000 gp. A Headband of Lucky Intellect (+2 INT luck) should be 8000 gp. A finger slot ring isn't associated with INT, so a Ring of Intellect (+2 INT enhancement) would be 6000 gp, while a Ring of Lucky Intellect (+2 INT luck) would be 12000 gp.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by SowZ View Post
    There are no rules for it and no items I know of that provide Stat bonus which aren't enhancement or inherent. I wouldn't allow it as a DM, personally.
    It's for a gestalt arena tournament, not for a campaign, it's like "whatever you want except infinite loops".

Thanks everyone in the end it was x1.5

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

There are no rules for creating alternate bonus items for attribute (such as +4 str). Though you can create continuous items with buffs from spells (or items with only a few uses per day for an arena) it takes some looking but they exist.

Edit: I just read your post above me, where did you find that rule?
    Last edited by Suddo; 2012-06-20 at 02:46 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Currently Glanror in the Political Shenanigans campaign.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rankar View Post
    *I may not teach the paladin communism and the concept of the greater good.
    *It is not within my rights to overthrow the established monarchy using the communist paladin.