New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Default Phantasy Star Campaign... materials?

I'm looking for any materials people may have, homebrew or otherwise, for running a campaign set in the Phantasy Star universe. I'm referring to the classic Phantasy Star games that were set in the Algol star system (Phantasy Star 1, 2, and 4)

I know I found somewhere online (but since lost) a rulebook for a Phantasy Star Online based game... and I'd be interested in that as it might be possible to adapt it into a classic PS campaign, but anything specific to the Algol setting would be even better.

Thanks for any help!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: Phantasy Star Campaign... materials?

I ran a Phantasy Star IV game a while back - just converted the whole game's plot directly into a 3.5 campaign. Worked really well. I didn't find any existing materials, though, so I had to make most of it up.
    I'm the author of the Alex Verus series of urban fantasy novels. Fated is the first, and the final book in the series, Risen, is out as of December 2021. For updates, check my blog!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: Phantasy Star Campaign... materials?

D&D3.5 Psionics feels very Phantasy Star-y, especially if you pick and choose which class variants to use. (e.g.: Pathfinder Soulknife rather than the standard one, Psychic Rogue rather than the Lurk, etc.) Wizards and spellcasters can be rare, as there aren't many true magic users in the PSverse.

Nothing is immediately coming to mind, beyond that generic systems would likely be capable of running the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image