A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default OOC Vampire:The Masquerade-Chicago-Southside

Here is the OOC for you four. You will notice the other players seem somewhat familiar. This is deliberate. The 4 of you put forth excellent characters for both werewolf and vampire. I didn't want to keep you out of vampire just because you had werewolf characters. So my solution was to make two vampire groups. However the initial IC will be with all seven of you.

No picking colors yet.

The IC will begin tonight
    Last edited by CowMasterTrojan; 2012-06-06 at 10:02 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

RogueGuy

Default Re: OOC Vampire:The Masquerade-Chicago-Southside

Thanks Cow.

So it sounds like there will be two different coteries operating inside the same IC thread. Is that correct? Will we be interacting with the werewolf group, and if so, how will that be handled?
    Last edited by XianTheCoder; 2012-06-10 at 06:32 PM.

Spoiler: Active Characters
    Show

None

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

The reason you guys have been separated is so that if there is Vampire-Werewolf interactions, it will be between your werewolf characters and the other coterie.

The very FIRST IC will be at the Prince's place. You've all been invited to a party, and it's made clear attendance is mandatory. If anyone has a human ghouls, it would be custom for them to come with you.

Once the party is over, the Coterie's will have been formed and two IC threads will be made.
    Last edited by CowMasterTrojan; 2012-06-06 at 10:17 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

RogueGuy

Gotcha, that works. So we don't have to worry about interacting with ourselves in werewolf form, thats helpful.

Will events in the other game affect us (like if we slaughter the prince and cause a coup, will the other group follow that event timeline or will the prince still be waking around in their version of the game)?

Show

None

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh heavens yes. You will affect each other with every action you take. That's why you're all starting at the same party together.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

RogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by CowMasterTrojan View Post
    Oh heavens yes. You will affect each other with every action you take. That's why you're all starting at the same party together.
    Nice! Bye Bye Prince....

Show

None

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hehehe... Who wants to take over Chicago's Kindred?

All kidding aside, I'm glad that I've made it into both games.

Matthew Johnson

Human Background
    Spoiler
    Show

Matt Johnson was born in a small town in Eastern Missouri in the year 1919. He spent the majority of his childhood helping the family out in their small general store. The family was never really wealthy, but always seemed to have enough money to afford a few luxuries even in the middle of the Depression. One of these luxuries were tickets to the carnival when it came to town.

While his father and mother loved the livestock shows and his sister enjoyed the games, Matt was drawn to the goings-on in a tent off to the side. Tickets were a dime and he always seemed to have enough. In that tent, he saw great feats of strength and cunning inside of an old, beat-down boxing ring. He watched as a man stood in the ring, a fancy-looking belt around his waist--The heavyweight champion of all of the world!--and challenged the locals to attempt to wrestle him down to the mat and pin his shoulders to the ground. Many tried, but all of them failed.

When he grew up, he aspired to be just like that man in the ring. When he was seventeen, he found out where the champion lived and begged to be trained. It wasn't cheap, but soon Matt learned the secrets of the trade.

After a brief break in his career after being drafted to fight in WWII, Matt (going under the ring name of Jonny Matthews) continued his pro wrestling career, being billed as a real-life army hero. Matt never really liked the gimmick, having served primarily as a Jeep driver on the back lines, but went with it anyway. It felt good to be cheered on as a hero.

Post-Embrace Background
    Spoiler
    Show
    It was 1953 and the promoter that Matt usually worked for had decided to go back to the open challenge matches for the night. As the Missouri Heavyweight Champion, Matt went out to the ring and boasted, claiming that none of the locals there could best him. It was to his surprise that his usual wrestling opponent was beaten to the ring by an unusually quick and eager man. He was deceptively strong, but Matt was eventually able to defeat him. He didn't know that his opponent that night was the ghoul manservant of a local Brujah. That night, he was embraced as a vampire somewhat unwillingly.

Though he has come to forgive his sire somewhat, there's always some part of Matt that resents her for his unlife. He spent the next few decades in St. Louis with her before heading out to Chicago in the late 1970s. It was a new city that he had little experience with, and it just seemed to fit him. Getting a job as a part-time night security guard at the offices of a local Chicago law firm in the past few years has provided him with enough money to afford a nice used car, a small apartment in a suburb of Chicago and enough to afford almost any wrestling show that comes into town.

A Vignette
    Spoiler
    Show

"I should have known that I would find you here..." A soft voice said from behind him. It was cool and hid behind it a slight hint of malice that it always had.

A small smile spread on Matt's face. God, how long had it been since he had seen his sire? A decade? Two? "You know me all too well," he said. "Take a seat," he offered, patting the folding chair next to him. "The guy who sat here ain't coming back."

The brown-haired woman takes the offered seat and laughs. "Something you did? How wicked!"

Matt shrugs slightly and lets loose a chuckle quickly followed by a few cheers for the action that's going on in the ring in front of him. "He was being disrespectful to the ladies," he states, gesturing to the women wrestling. "I told him to get lost."

Another laugh from her. "You did more than that, I imagine... Nothing too revealing, I hope. You do know that they're taping this..."

He shakes his head. "I told him to get lost and he started feeling a bit unnerved, but nothing more," he replies. He turns to look at her. The hairstyle is different from when he saw her last, hanging straight down her back, a far cry from the 1980's style she adopted in an attempt to fit in with her prey in those days. "But, I suppose that you didn't come down here to talk wrestling with me. What do you need, Karen?"

"I need nothing, but the 'boss' wishes to see you. Eddie has something important that he needs to discuss with you."

A bit of rage flashes on Matt's face. "If it's about me stop going to these, he can--with all due respect--go to Hell. Besides, I try to be careful."

"Such words..." She teases. "I'll tell him you said that!" she adds with a laugh. "No, it's not this. It's not like he doesn't have hobbies himself, I'm sure. It's about something else. He wouldn't even tell me, just sent one of his lackeys to tell me to tell you."

Matt nods. "You know when?"

"Tomorrow."

"Crap, they've got another taping they're doing tomorrow night, so I'm gonna have to miss it."

Karen rolls her eyes. "You still love this stuff, don't you?"

"I'd have never left it if it wasn't for you. Well, I'll be there."

Hunted Flaw
    Spoiler
    Show

Going to the majority of every wrestling show in Chicago over the past few decades can be disastrous for a Kindred, even if one does their best to stay out of the way of the cameras. With the advent of DVRs and the proliferation of even the smallest independent promotion selling DVDs of their shows, it was bound to happen eventually that they would get noticed somehow.

One man has awakened to the truth and found out about Matthew's constant appearances, the same middle-aged man on every tape for decades, and he assumes the worst. And he's prepared enough to try and stop him...

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Matthew Johnson - Brujah-clan Kindred

Jason "Hour Tales" Davis - Glass Walker Galliard

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Oh, my. Well, we should be sure to get to know each other really well if we're in two games together <3
    Thanks Gigi Digi for the avatar.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

RogueGuy

Felix Socult

Spoiler
    Show

Sire: Argo Fiatte
    DOB: June 26th, 1976
    DOD: April 15th, 2000 (Age: 24)
    Flaws: Hunted (Lover of a Failed Experiment), Old Flame (Felicia), Prey Exclusion (Intellectual Women)
    Merits: None
    Languages: English, Latin

Clan Weakness: One Step Blood Bound to the 7 Elders.

History:
    Felix was born to a middle class suburban family, living near Myrtle Beach South Carolina. As a boy he exceled at academics, specifically the sciences. His passion was researching unexplained phenominon within organic materials. While a boy, his parents stressed well roundedness, and forced him to play sports. His small quick frame allowed him to play effectively, but he never exceled, he preferred the lab to the field.

As most academically oriented children, Felix was picked on by many of the other children. For years, he was teased and put into embarrassing situations by his peers. Over time he began losing faith in people, and retreated from the social world, caring less and less for the people around him. By the time he entered college, people where another organism to study, which he did extremely effectively. He watched and gauged reactions, learned how and why people behave the way they do. When he felt there was little more to learn through the observation proccess, he began engaging people in various behavoirs and noting their reactions. After a few years Felix became very competant at manipulating how people felt and how they react.

Felix attended a fairly prestigious east coast school were he studied the sciences, eventually graduating with a Phd. During his junior year he enrolled in a course on exlporative Biology, with professor Williams. It didn't take long for Pr. Williams to notice Felix's interest and intelligence. Shortly after the class began, Pr Williams took Felix on as a research assistent. Pr. Williams was working on researching blood born conditions at the time. They stayed late nights, occassionally another associate of the Professors would stop in to help. Argo Fiatte, was a scientist, turned businessman, from France who had done research into blood born diseases. During his occasional visits the talk usually centered on immortality. A concept that intrigued Felix.

When he wasn't in class or at the lab, Felix was working. At his job he met a beautiful young lady, who he immediately fell for. While they were together, his faith in humanity rose, and he actively tried to be a better person. For several months they dated, but it would soon come to an end. Felicia, would dump him for another coworker. He was let for a less intelligent, less successful guy, which made no logical sense to him. The insult brought back the deep rooted feelings of being made fun of and a child, and his faith in people and humanity plummetted. That night he was to help Pr. Williams in the lab, when he got there Argo was already waiting. That night he was embraced into house Tremere, sired by Argo Fiatte, with his ghoul Pr. Williams as witness.

Felix's first lessons where the standard lessons of all neonate Tremere, what their place in the House was, and what their responsibilities to the House and it's senior members where. When Argo was convinced that Felix understood the seriousness of breaking Tremere codes of conduct, he bagan teaching him the secrets of Blood Magic. Felix took to Blood magic very quickly, embracing the lessons, and spending hours in study and research. Eventually, the Chantry Elders determined that Felix was competant enough to be released from apprenticeship. The Chicago Chantry contained several members that Felix desired education from, and a move to Chicago was an easy decision. Only weeks after his departure, the Sabbat strike on New York would take place. The Tremere in the area migrated to other chantries, Argo would not follow Felix to Chicago, leavin him on his won.

His life as a researcher taught him the importance of research and reference materials. With that in mind, Felix spent the first few years on his own building his library. He would perform favors for elder Tremere, and spend countless hours in the chantry libraries, reading and making copies of everythign he could get his hands on. Eventually he built quite a collection, which he had copied. One set was stored in a bank safe deposit vault in Chicago, the other exists in a few main book volumes and electronic copies stored on DVD's. This second copy is stored in a safe in his apartments at the Chantry House.

All his training, research, and even his move to Chicag never helped him get over the girl. To this day Felix thinks about her everyday, and he refuses to feed on anyone who reminds him of her. Currently unbeknownst to him, Felicia never left him of her own free will. A Tzimisce, corrupted her mind, and turned her to his Ghoul. After nearly a year as a Ghoul, she was embraced by the Tzimisce. Now she walks the night as a member of the Sabbat. After the sacking of New York, Felicia's sire was sent to aid in the sacking on Chicago, Felicia went by extension.

Felix is now out from under his sires thumb, and looking to make a name for himself within clan Tremere. He has carefully plotted his ascent and is now prepared to take the neccessary steps to climb the ranks. Felix still keeps in constant contact with Argo, every few weeks he takes a trip out to visit with him, usually the trip lasts a day or two.

During the initial year of his embrace, Felix was still working on personal research, under the careful watch of Argo. During that time he took several mortals into the lab for experimentation. A young woman died, during one of these experiments, and Felix carefully disposed of the body. It didn't stop her lover from finding out, he now hunts Felix in an attempt for vengence over his lost lover. He nearly managed to find Felix once, but the move to Chicago allowed Felix to unknowingly escape.

Appearance: Felix is not a bad looking man, but puts no effort into his appearance. Frequently he looks disheveled, like he slept in his clothes. Pen and Ink stains frequently can be seen on his clothing. His hair is always wild and not combed.

Residence: An apartment within the Chantry on House Tremere's private estate.

Possesions:
    -Possessions (Carried):
    --1 Blackberry
    --1 Mini Voice Recorder w/Blank Tapes
    --1 Portable DVR
    --1 Laptop Computer

-Possessions (Apartment):

-Possessions (Vehicles):

Vehicles:
    --SUV

Occult Library:
    Library is mostly on DVD's and a few large reference books, stored in a safe in his apartment.
    A copy of his library exists in a safe deposit box at a local Montreal Bank.
    All known rituals are saved in an encrpyted file on Felix's Blackberry for easy reference when performing them.
    Effects of Occult Library:
    +3 Dice to Occult Dice Pool
    -2 to Difficulties on Occult Rolls

Show

None

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

IC thread is finally up

Now to start on the wolves...

Also, colors taken not also taken by wolves are

Dark red
    Silver
    Sienna
    Last edited by CowMasterTrojan; 2012-06-07 at 12:37 AM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Okay, Danielle will speak in "DarkOrchid" a favorite of mine.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

RogueGuy

What does Felix know about the Tremere elder (with the cane)? Have they ever talked, ever given Felix a project or mission, does Felix know anythign that the elder is interested in?

Show

None

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

You know him as Alan, and he mostly keeps to himself, so you don't know a whole lot about him. He moved into the Chantry about a year ago to take over teaching students who wish to learn the Movement of the mind. Rumor has it he moved here after some bad Sabbat trouble on the west coast, but no one knows the specifics. Beyond that, you know him as a quiet elder who keeps to himself. He has yet to ask anything of you, but is always at formal Chantry events when he should be.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

As mentioned in the IC thread, there are special notes on each of your invitations.

Matt Johnson
    Spoiler
    Show

Mr. Johnson,
    Since moving to My City you have been a non-problematic member and I like you. You have been recommended for a task I need done.
    -Alexander

Victoria Abendfield
    Spoiler
    Show

Ms. Abendfield,
    Your vigilantism has caused me a great deal of concern. Yet your sire's influence has convinced me to turn a blind eye to your actions. But the time has come, I want something from you. Do not refuse my invitation! Be there or else!
    -A

Danielle Anderson
    Spoiler
    Show

Ms. "Anderson",
    Secrets are a wonderful thing, are they not? I understand you have several. We need to talk.
    -A

Felix Socult
    Spoiler
    Show
    You do not receive a special message. The invitation was handed to you by a Tremere elder with simple instructions that this invitation was a great honor and that you should represent the clan with Class.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Wow what a roll. I don't know if I get to reroll the 10 (I have 4 in the relevant knowledge)
    lol I botched my first roll of the game QQ

if I can reroll the ten, then (1d10)[6]

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Can I have a Perception+politics roll from Felix please

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

RogueGuy

Can I have a Perception+politics roll from Felix please
    Ah yes, my strong dice pool.... Here's hoping for a 10...

(1d10)[3]

Show

None

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

RogueGuy

Actually I get two dice.... Here's hoping for a 3 and a 10

(1d10)[1]

Show

None

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Felix is convinced hayabusa's character, Matthew, is a Elder Toreador.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

RogueGuy

And he's currently hitting on some chick right? Or not? Just tell me where he is in the timeline when I notice him so I don't step on the game clock.

At least he's Toreador, the useless clan with nothing to offer, gives Felix a lot less likelihood of completely embarrassing himself.
    Last edited by XianTheCoder; 2012-06-11 at 08:17 PM.

Show

None

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

The Long awaited IC thread

Thanks for all your patience.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Just noticed that Psiclone is in the hospital. With Xian still gone, until someone gets back I'm going to not progress the story any further for now.

Hope every thing is okay Psiclone.
    Last edited by CowMasterTrojan; 2012-07-13 at 02:56 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23

Just noticed that Psiclone is in the hospital. With Xian still gone, until someone gets back I'm going to not progress the story any further for now.

Same here.

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24

Same here.

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

I am back -- sorry for the delay!

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

Put a / in the first of the brackets, ugh
    (5d10)[9][9][10][3][6](37)

27. - Top - End - #27

I'll post what I do the next night in a bit, I don't want to get too far ahead of Psiclone.

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

She's already on the next night. You are both on sunday, June 10th at the moment, and she's already spent several hours poking around with contacts and messing with the video.

29. - Top - End - #29

Oops, read that wrong and thought that she was still on the same night. Will get a post up soon.

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

So this thought occurs to me, and I thought I would get some feedback from you two. In my experiences with vampire, I have almost always played solo or very small groups. The experience plays very different.

For example, right now I'm just skirting over Matthew feeding. Rolls are done, and you move on. In a larger group of 3 or 4, you have to do this. The small details just slow things down too much.

But with this particular group, which has become you two, I don't think that's required. You compliment each other's abilities quite nicely, you're both really good players, and if I wanted to spend more time on small details for each of your characters, I could. Every conversation with a contact would be a conversation. Every time you feed, you could meet a new person. The experience would be alot more rich. And you are likely to be getting more benefits out of your herd/contacts. But things would move slower. I'm okay with that if you are, I just thought I would throw that out there for what the two of you think.