A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    EvilClericGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    New York
    Gender
    Male

    Default Mass Buff Spells

    I'm interested in finding multi-target buff spells. Searching for "mass" in a spell database gets me:

    Spoiler
    Show
    Mass Aid
    Mass Align Fang
    Mass Align Weapon
    Mass Bear's Endurance
    Brilliant Aura
    Mass Bull's Strength
    Mass Burrow
    Mass Camouflage
    Mass Cat's Grace
    Mass Conviction
    Mass Cure Critical Wounds
    Mass Cure Light Wounds
    Mass Cure Moderate Wounds
    Mass Cure Serious Wounds
    Mass Darkvision
    Mass Death Ward
    Mass Eagle's Splendor
    Mass Enlarge Person
    Mass Fire Shield
    Mass Fly
    Mass Fox's Cunning
    Mass Heal
    Mass Invisibility
    Mass Mage Armor
    Mass Owl's Wisdom
    Mass Phantom Steed
    Mass Reflective Disguise
    Mass Repair Light Damage
    Mass Repair Moderate Damage
    Mass Resist Energy
    Mass Restoration
    Mass Resurgence
    Mass Sanctuary
    Mass Shield of Faith
    Mass Snake's Swiftness
    Mass Snowshoes
    Mass Spell Resistance
    Mass Suggestion
    Mass Surefooted Stride
    Mass Swim
    Mass True Seeing
    Mass Lesser Vigor


    And some spells that I routinely use that aren't in the list:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Haste
    Heroes Feast
    Magic Circle
    Prayer
    Recitation
    Righteous Wrath of the Faithful


    I'm looking for Cleric, Druid, and Wizard spells (but feel free to throw in bard, etc spells as well). What can you give me, playground?

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Alaris's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008

    Default Re: Mass Buff Spells

    Quote Originally Posted by Elric VIII View Post
    I'm interested in finding multi-target buff spells. Searching for "mass" in a spell database gets me:

    Spoiler
    Show
    Mass Aid
    Mass Align Fang
    Mass Align Weapon
    Mass Bear's Endurance
    Brilliant Aura
    Mass Bull's Strength
    Mass Burrow
    Mass Camouflage
    Mass Cat's Grace
    Mass Conviction
    Mass Cure Critical Wounds
    Mass Cure Light Wounds
    Mass Cure Moderate Wounds
    Mass Cure Serious Wounds
    Mass Darkvision
    Mass Death Ward
    Mass Eagle's Splendor
    Mass Enlarge Person
    Mass Fire Shield
    Mass Fly
    Mass Fox's Cunning
    Mass Heal
    Mass Invisibility
    Mass Mage Armor
    Mass Owl's Wisdom
    Mass Phantom Steed
    Mass Reflective Disguise
    Mass Repair Light Damage
    Mass Repair Moderate Damage
    Mass Resist Energy
    Mass Restoration
    Mass Resurgence
    Mass Sanctuary
    Mass Shield of Faith
    Mass Snake's Swiftness
    Mass Snowshoes
    Mass Spell Resistance
    Mass Suggestion
    Mass Surefooted Stride
    Mass Swim
    Mass True Seeing
    Mass Lesser Vigor


    And some spells that I routinely use that aren't in the list:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Haste
    Heroes Feast
    Magic Circle
    Prayer
    Recitation
    Righteous Wrath of the Faithful


    I'm looking for Cleric, Druid, and Wizard spells (but feel free to throw in bard, etc spells as well). What can you give me, playground?
    Umm, what exactly are you looking for? A class choice? A race choice? A full build? You're being very vague in that respect, friend.
    3DS Friend Code: 1907-9395-1731
    Pokemon X Info: Modern Pattern Vivillon & Flying-Type Friend Safari (w/ Farfetch'd & Swanna)

    Avatar: Thanks to asdflove for my avatar. ^_^

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    EvilClericGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    New York
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Mass Buff Spells

    Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    Umm, what exactly are you looking for? A class choice? A race choice? A full build? You're being very vague in that respect, friend.
    I'm looking for a list spells that apply a buff to multiple party members/cohorts/allies at once. It's not for any specific build, so I don't mind from which spell list the particular spell comes. Although I prefer it to be from full caster lists (Cleric, Druid, Wizard) rather than Bard, Paladin, Ranger.

    Basically, before I go scouring through entire books of spells myself, I want to see if anyone has done some research on this already. Hope that helps make my request a bit clearer.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Mass Buff Spells

    Not a direct answer (sorry) but two things to look at for party buffing:

    War Weaver (from Heroes of Battle)
    Chain Spell metamagic feat

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    TaiLiu's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: Mass Buff Spells

    Good Hope is a Bard 3 spell and a Wu Jen 4 spell.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    EvilClericGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    New York
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Mass Buff Spells

    Quote Originally Posted by Khedrac View Post
    Not a direct answer (sorry) but two things to look at for party buffing:

    War Weaver (from Heroes of Battle)
    Chain Spell metamagic feat
    I apreciate it, but I am aware of various PrCs that help buffing. Some popular ones are Incantatrix and Spellguad of the Silverymoon, as well.

    Thank you, though.

    Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post
    Good Hope is a Bard 3 spell and a Wu Jen 4 spell.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Elric VIII; 2012-07-11 at 05:19 PM.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kitchener/Waterloo
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Mass Buff Spells

    If the Magic Circle line counts, so should Invisibility Sphere and the Globe of Invulnerability line.
    Lord Raziere herd I like Blasphemy, so Urpriest Exalted as a Malefactor

    Meet My Monstrous Guide to Monsters. Everything you absolutely need to know about Monsters and never thought you needed to ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    One of the unwritten rules of Giantitp is that Urpriest is always right.
    Trophy!
    Spoiler
    Show


    original Urpriest (by Andraste)

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Randomguy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Mass Buff Spells

    Attune form, foundation of stone, Vigorous circle and the other version of Mass lesser vigor.

    That's what I got from searching "Target: 1 creature" and looking at the ones that had /3 levels or /caster level after it in the spell compedium.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Optimator's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    SLC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Mass Buff Spells

    Empyreal Ecstasy

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    EvilClericGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    New York
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Mass Buff Spells

    Quote Originally Posted by Urpriest View Post
    If the Magic Circle line counts, so should Invisibility Sphere and the Globe of Invulnerability line.
    I think defensive and utility buffs count.

    Quote Originally Posted by Randomguy View Post
    Attune form, foundation of stone, Vigorous circle and the other version of Mass lesser vigor.

    That's what I got from searching "Target: 1 creature" and looking at the ones that had /3 levels or /caster level after it in the spell compedium.
    That's actually a good idea for keywords to search on the spell database.

    Quote Originally Posted by Optimator View Post
    Empyreal Ecstasy
    Thanks.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2012

    Default Re: Mass Buff Spells

    I'm not sure if all of these count, but here's what I have from digging through Spell Compendium:

    Hide from Dragons (Targets one creature touched/2 levels), Bard 5, Sor/Wiz 7, Assassin 4

    Healthful Rest (One Creature/Level), Doubles Natural Healing Rate, Bard/Cleric/Druid 1

    Moon Path (Technically, this spell gives one creature/caster level a DC 15 + Wis Sanctuary when moving across the path)

    Net of Shadows - Gives total concealment to one creature/level, but limits the sight of the subjects, Sor/Wiz 1

    Spawn Screen (One Creature/Level) Protects people from being turned into various undead spawn, Clr 2, Sor/Wiz 2

    Tactical Precision (One Creature/Level) Bard 2

    Undeath's Eternal Foe (One Creature/5 Levels) - Gives allies bonuses when fighting undead, Clr 9

    Wind at Back (One Creature/Level) - Doubles Overland Movement speed of everyone, assuming they're going together in same direction, Druid 4

    Wind Tunnel (One Creature/Level) - Increases effectiveness of ranged weapons, Druid 5

    ...and that's all I can find.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kitchener/Waterloo
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Mass Buff Spells

    Quote Originally Posted by Elric VIII View Post
    I think defensive and utility buffs count.
    I meant that AOE buffs aren't really the same thing as Mass buffs, since they require specific positioning to be maintained. But if they count in this list, they count.
    Lord Raziere herd I like Blasphemy, so Urpriest Exalted as a Malefactor

    Meet My Monstrous Guide to Monsters. Everything you absolutely need to know about Monsters and never thought you needed to ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    One of the unwritten rules of Giantitp is that Urpriest is always right.
    Trophy!
    Spoiler
    Show


    original Urpriest (by Andraste)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •