New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Total War: Broken City

They found her body just after third bell, when she failed to appear for the second round of grievance hearings. At first they assumed that the sorceress was sleeping, or meditating, and that disturbing her rest would bring down terrible wrath, but one of the more venturesome servants noticed that the blood staining her seat was not coming from a sacrifice she had made but rather from the small hole drilled neatly into her head. That servant died when he tried to examine the wound, frothing and drooling on the floor. Some said it was because of some lingering enchantment that had not yet failed with her death, but other, darker rumors whispered of the assassins of the Craftsmen's Guild in far-off Lomar, and spoke of resurrection darts and five-step poison in grim and hushed tones. No one knew who had done it, and thanks to the servant's death--either by the poison lingering on a killing arrow or by lingering ward--no one wanted to try their hand at figuring out how.

Welcome to Sav Altulas, once the capitol city of great and fabled Talidor, one of the three kingdoms that made up the Shattered Lands before the Zancharian Empire came and went, more than a thousand years ago. The city has gone through some rough stages since then, lying in ruin for a time before being found and rebuilt into the pit of refugees and decadent, bandit-bred nobility that it is today. It was, until very recently, ruled by Burgravet Desoui, a sorceress that everyone thought was immortal. They were, very recently, proven wrong. Desoui is dead, murdered by gods alone know who, and the power-hungry people of this ancient city are showing their true colors once again. For the first time in a hundred years, the natural-born conspirators of Sav Altulas are not held in check by the fear of magical wrath, and when the dust settles only one will rise above the nest of vipers to claim the now-empty throne.

Turn 1 Begins

Events:
    Death of the Sorceress.

Rumors:
    The warlord Agia Lonecutter has posted a bounty of [2 WEL] for the head of Skeeve Redeye, infamous serial killer currently at large in the Shattered Lands, for what he did to her father and brothers.

The Illarym Empire has posted a bounty of [4 WEL] for the head of Skeeve Redeye, also known as the Dollmaker, the Poisoner and the Bloody Eye, for the crimes of murder, arson, black magic and criminal depravity.

Rumors persist of revolution in the Imperial South; they say that the Lead Prophet has been seen once again, stirring the people into a frenzy with his words.

Open war has broken out between the warlords Cord Witchbrother and Maximilian Greeves.

It is said that the wizard Logos the Dreamer has joined the court of the warlord Sakel-Doge.

Two men who disappeared in the Frostcap neighborhood several weeks ago were found in Old Jack's Run with all of the blood drained out of them and splashed about the alleyway they were discovered in.

Various gangs, cults and secret societies are stirring, eager to seize what they can from the chaos that they believe will follow the death of Burgravet Desoui.

A new day dawns over the old city. Wake up, my friends; there is much to do.
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ran: Boundless Isles
    IC
    OOC

Sixth Nexus: THE VIGIL

Total War: Cape City
    Spoiler
    Show

LOCKWOOD-COBAN AUGMENTED INDUSTRIES

Total War: Serillia
    Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

Ran: Broken City
    First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Total War: Broken City

Bloodhaven

Painted Court

''Ah, Doctor'' Ella smiled at the figure, bundled in a large white scarf, with several ice pieces stuck on it, that were already melting. ''Do you wish to get warm in a bath?'' She walked seductively to him and for a moment Vassari was tempted. It would be nice to lose himself in the arms of pretty girl right now.

''I’m afraid I’m here on business Ella. I would like to see Madam Red.'' He finished removing the scarf from his head, revealing tight bandages beneath, with only two small slits, through which his grey eyes were peering. There was a hint of nervousness in them, which disappeared so fast, that Ella couldn’t have spotted it. Then again, the girls often earned extra income, by passing information they spied from their clients. And Madam’s girls were smarter, then your average ladies of the night.

The Red Court was one of the high-end bordellos in the Painted Court, catering to the interests of the nobles and wealthy from the Heaven’s Gate and Sky districts, who wished to go slumming, without touching too much dirt. Here, the girls worked to attract continued attention of their clients and thus were more valuable. The fate of those who worked in the less prestigious establishments was quite different. Doctor observed the wrecks, those left, begging and dying on the streets daily.

Vassari walked to the Madam’s cabinet, passing two stern bodyguards and quickly exchanged pleasantries with her, complimenting the exquisite nail polish she used that day. Datails. Women liked when you noticed the fine touches.

''I realize, that your girls need to stay clean, if you wish to maintain your clientele without incidents.'' He begun, taking a sip of the offered wine.
    Madam Red sighed solemnly: ''The noblemen. It’s always the girl’s fault, never theirs. And then they make trouble and my girl can’t work anymore.''
    ''And then there is issue with the drugs.'' Vassari continued. The Madam simply nodded. ''I was thinking we could come to an arrangement. My hospital and my skills can help you, while your girls.''

''You want coin?'' she inquired. ''Payments yes, and I’m willing to pay myself for referrals.'' answered Vassari.
    ''If you wish to cater to noblemen, you need to move your shop. And bar the riff raff you let get treated now. You can’t be making any money off them. That’s bad business sense.''
    ''I’m driven by compassion and inability to deny my skills to the suffering.'' Vassari shrugged.
    ''Then you can offer my poor, little things, a discount? I can barely pay my protection money and if this poor old woman is out of business, they’ll all be on the streets.'' Madam murmured.
    Vassari laughed: ''I’m certain you are quite far from being destitute. Not with that jewel I spy, woven in your hair.''

They haggled. Vassari trying to penetrate the mask of Madam's pleasant face and failing at that. Some people's faces didn't need to be covered to hide them. Money was of interest to him, but also the information, he could acquire, if mistress of Red Court was positively inclined to his inquiries.
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2012-07-16 at 12:51 AM.
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Colossus in the Playground

The Black Brotherhood

To Doctor Vassari (Esp Def 6)

Spoiler
    Show

A runner comes up to the Bloodhaven hospital one day bearing a message. It's a young boy, maybe eight, in clothes often-mended but essentially clean, clutching a piece of parchment to his chest. He will, he says, only show it to the Doctor personally.

GM only:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I want to stretch my feelers into the Harrowing fields, see what kind of organisation can be found there. I might be interested in organising a prison riot/outbreak.
    Second, I want to look into Doctor Vassari. Everyone has some skeletons to hide. I want to know what his are.
    Last edited by Eldan; 2012-07-16 at 05:41 AM.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Technist Guild

So, she was dead? Time to get back to work then!
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

A messenger from Black Brotherhood

''Doctor is busy with the patient’’, a young and rather pretty girl, wearing clean, white dress informed the messenger boy. ''I’ll bring you a mug of warm tea, while you wait for him.''

''That old goat should be dead!'' a shout came from the closed door behind her. ''I should inherit the estate, I’ve already started spending the money. I owe people!'' A middle aged man, wearing an expensive suit, clearly designed in youthful fashion, was forcibly dragged by two man, in livery of noble house Wrelf.

''Thank you doctor. I shall see, that you are properly rewarded for your skill. And not taking the bribe to butcher me on the operating table'' a weak, rasping voice, barely carried into the room. ''And perhaps recommend you to several of my. Aaahhh. Old friends.''

The door closed, cutting off the doctor’s reply. In fifteen minutes he walked out of the room, focusing his attention on the boy. ''I was told you had some message to pass on to me?''

A letter from the desk of Alfred Wrelf, To Esoteric Society of Gentlemen Explorers [6]
    Spoiler
    Show

Ser Pontiss,

You may recall our acquaintanceship from the common interest in stamps used in the correspondence across the world. I recall you complaining about worsening eyesight and back pains, from your constant work on the old manuscripts. I wanted to recommend to you the Bloodhaven Hospital and its Doctor Morden Vassari. He has saved my life just recently and prescribed me a drug, that did wonders to relieve my chronic pains. I feel that his expertise can be of use to you and your friends as well.

Sincerely Yours,
    Alfred Wrelf

I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

6. - Top - End - #6

Blackfst Brotherhood to the Doctor [Def Esp 6]

Spoiler
    Show
    The boy smiles and crumbles the scroll he holds in his hand, tossing it away.
    "I do. I speak for the Index*."
    He clears his throat, then intones:
    "Greetings Doctor! It seems to me that you are a true curiousity in this city: a man with good intentions. As such a rare animal, of course, you have to be protected, as this city is full of predators.
    We could offer you such protection. It is not our modus operandi, normally, to demand payment. We won't. We will simply offer our services, keeping your enemies from your doors, if you need us to. If you were so inclined, you may help us in return, in whatever way you can, but we understand if you are too occupied to do so. If you want our help, simply say so to the messenger, he will pass it along."

*The Index is one of the Black Hand, the five more-or-less leaders of the Anarchist. He's their scholar.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Gleamers - Wallen Manor.

Lord Wallen had finished his breakfast, and asked his butler who were going to attend his audience of the day.

"Milord, you have Lord Hoster first. He claims Lady Hapsburg is sending spies to his manor, and claims he needs guards to prevent it"

"The Lady seeks only to marry him. My spies already told me. she is good looking, and young. I can't believe he is this blind." Lord Wallen thought.

"Good, I'll discuss it with him in private."

"There is no way I'm giving this clown more guards. He has enough guards. I'll tell him of the Lady's intentions and watch him jump on his feet of joy"

After the audience (Which was very jumpy indeed), he wrote some letters and read some reports.

Def. Esp 4

To Bloodhaven
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings, Doctor Vassari. I have been observing your methods, and I'm interested in them.

Could I hire you to attend my men? I would gladly pay a good price; if the honorable gentlemen and ladies of my neighbourhood see you coming, you will probably gain a lot of work. And they can pay.

In other matters, I'd be willing to build a hall for your hospital to help the city's less fortunate souls.

I hope this is the beggining of a lasting friendship.

Signed, Lord Henry Wallen III.

To Esoteric Society of Gentleman Explorers
    Spoiler
    Show
    Milords; I send you this message as a friend.
    We are currently the biggest houses in Sky.

While I wish to be in good terms with you, I believe we should talk for a long time before deciding for which way to coexist.

In the meantime, I believe we should support each other to gain full control over Sky, and avoid the appearance of a third party that would further divide and weaken the Noble class.

I'm willing to extend control over Lodstrom (Which is the only way I can go); and I'd be fine with you taking the Risen Court or Dai [this turn]

8. - Top - End - #8

"Ahh, Sebastian, the lake is truly beautiful at night. I can't imagine how I never realized this before."

"Indeed Sir."

"You see that island there? With the trees?"

"Yes Sir. It is magnificent, Sir." Sebastian looked around. All of the islands had trees.

"My father used to take me down to that island. Apparently, my great-great grandfather got stranded there once and had to wrestle a bear to survive."

"Amazing, Sir." Sebastian had heard this story before. The great-great grandfather in question had been attacked by a bear while signalling for help, and had killed the bear with his bare hands, so the story went. The bear pelt was used as a rug in the sitting room back at the house.

"I think I'll build a house there, Sebastian. One away from all the court intrigue."

"Good idea Sir."

"Not to live there, of course, but to spend some time away from Old Face."

"Of course, Sir." Sebastian looked out across the lake. It was beautiful, in a way. You could see all the lights of Old Face reflected in the water.

"I believe I shall retire early today, Sebastian. Who knows what might happen tomorrow."

"Indeed Sir, one can never know."

"I have some letters to write first, though. If you would be so kind as to pass them on for me."

"Of course, Sir."

A letter from the desk of Aberham Pontiss, To Alfred Wrelf [4]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ser Wrelf,

What a pleasure it is to hear from you again. I do indeed recall our discussion of stamps and correspondence, and indeed, since we talked, I have discovered an incredibly rare ten-cent royal blue affixed to a letter sent to be by my mother ages ago! What a wonder that she came across it without realizing what it was. As you mentioned, however, my back has been hurting rather more of late; I believe I may have been too hard on it. I have been to several private practitioners, but none seem to have much effect. I must say, I've never considered the thought of going to a
    public hospital. I thank you for the suggestion, and look forward to the possibility of further correspondence.

Sincerely,
    Aberham Pontiss

Bennet Founder, To House Wallen
    Spoiler
    Show

Ser Wallen,

Indeed, I feel it is beneficial to the both of us to work together for now. I will be expanding my foothold in Risen Court; the cliffs along it have a wonderful view of the lake. We can leave Dai up for discussion for now.

Sincerely,
    Bennet Founder

Aberham Pontiss, to Bloodhaven
    Spoiler
    Show
    Doctor Vassari,

I have the good recommendation of a friend saying that you are far more effective in your methods than many of the private practitioners in the city. As I am plagued with back pain and diminishing eyesight, I may pay a visit to you in the near future.

Sincerely,
    Aberham Pontiss
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show
    TW: Broken City

Lord Founder needs no pants to face the beasts of the world, to descend into the darkest pits of the Earth and ascend above the divine clouds!
    TW: Cape City

TW: Supers!
    Image to come

TW: Dystopia
    Peoples Syndicalist Federation of China

Buy my music here

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

"Beautiful night, don't you agree, Alden?" Spoke the Wren.

Alden looked up from his work, seeing the Wren sitting, face covered by a dark hood, watching the world outside through the window. He peered out into the black city. "Yes, sir." Alden said, waiting for the Wren to speak again. When the words came again, they were deep and sure. "And yet, as we speak, the city dances on the edge of chaos. The old order had it's weaknesses, but now it has fallen, the rats and foxes have emerged to tear the corpse apart. "

Alden looked puzzled. "But isn't this a good thing? Isn't it an opportunity for the order?" The Wren fixed his gaze on Alden, and Alden looked away. "An opportunity? This city will be engulfed in fire and blood. Death will be commonplace, as the various scavengers attempt to claim the corpse for themselves. It is a chance, yes. A chance to build something better in this shattered city. But it is also a time of death, and you cannot ask me to celebrate its coming."

"...Yes sir." Alden returned to his writing, and the Wren continued to stare out into the Broken City.

10. - Top - End - #10

NinjaGuy

To Bennet Founder
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am glad to receive this response. I'm looking forwasd to have a beneficial relationship between each other.

To GM
    Spoiler
    Show
    What information do I have on Lodstrom and its inhabitants? How are they currently ruled, and how open would they be to join my group?

11. - Top - End - #11

The church was almost at capacity today; with almost every believer in truth longing to hear with the mouth had to say about the mysterious death of the sorceress. The mouth had always said mixed things about her. She was too strong to offend, but had denounced the church as a cult many times over. This left The Mouth in a strange position when asked questions about the witch, since he could not say anything positive or negative.

Behind the scene, Harvey was talking with the Mouth, giving him some speaking advice about the current Situation.
    The Great Neposh has returned. Only the God Slayer could have killed the foul witch. We need the rest of our brothers to see this, and now we can stop hiding in the shadows.
    The Mouth had a sly grin across his face, and the familiar spark in his eye.
    I think it is more than that my brother. Why would Neposh wait until now to slay her? He intended it to be a sign as well. You see, my friend, The God Slayer has been biding his time, waiting for the opportunity to allow his church to prosper. It is time for us to expand our congregation, and to show the city and the world what the faith of Neposh can do for the world.

At the he strode out into the front of the faithful. They were currently meeting in a cave, where they had been for a few years now. It was a dark and dank place, but it was easy to escape and hard to find, two things very useful for a group trying to hide from the world.
    Listen, my brothers and sisters, I do not have much time today, as we have much to do. The rumors are true, the Blasphemer witch that has been subjugating this city for the last age has been slain. She was a very powerful sorceress, and has been alive for longer than any mortal should be. Many called her a god, and I would have to agree. She did have one weakness, she spat in the face of the Great Neposh. He had killed gods much stronger than her in his mortal years, killing her was nothing more than stomping on an ant. You may ask, why did he wait so long? Why didn't he free us from her shackles years ago? The answer is simple my friends, to allow the church to spread across the world.

You see my friends, her death was more than a retaliatory strike, it was a sign. The Great Neposh is telling us that now is the time for us to come out of the shadows and show the world his true power. It is no longer the time to sit and speak of his praises, it is time to spread the word of his greatness and bring true glory to this bleak land. Keep your ears open my brothers, soon we will be calling on every one of you to prove his faith and worthiness in front of the Great One and to bring glory to his following.

Defensive ESP 7

Messenger to The Mercantiles guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    A man who says he is a speaker for Neposh comes to your doorstep
    "Would you be willing to donate some funds to the Church of Neposh. We can supply you with holy items and perhaps ways to transport goods throughout the city while evading tariffs.

Messenger to the Silversmiths guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Would you be willing to donate some funds to the Church of Neposh. We can supply you with holy items and perhaps ways to transport goods throughout the city while evading tariffs.

Messenger to the Exchange
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Dr. Vassari & Black Fist Brotherhood [6]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Your organization has a rather nasty reputation for violence and troublemaking. If I accept, your protection, many may think we are allied and can chose to strike against you through us.'' Vassari looked at the window at the street outside, filled with a group of visitors, awaiting their turn. ''I am not the most trusting person and an offer of aid with no strings attached sounds a little too good to be true. Are do you claim to be the rare breed of people, who seek to do some good in this corrupt city?''

Gleamers

''Your business here’’ A dour looking pair of guards have stopped Morden from proceeding further down the streets. He looked fairly respectable and was surprised to be stopped by a pair of guards. Wasn’t their job to harass the poor and unfortunate, that sometimes made their way to the rich quarters, to rummage through garbage and scraps. Then again, the neighbourhood around him looked like it was run like a war camp. An influence of Wallen’s fabled discipline? They were focused, efficient and practical. The same qualities that made the more decadent nobility of the city consider them an undesirable social company.

The guards have been satisfied by his explanation. It appears his bandages have alerted them. The people in Frostcap were already used to them, so Vassari forgot about the effect his hidden face sometimes provoked.

Letter to Lord Wallen [6]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Bloodhaven would be quite prepared to treat your men, though I suspect you won’t be as kind to inform me in advance, when such treatments would be particularly necessary, so I may stock up on supplies. I must warn you, that whatever arrangement we should reach, I won’t refuse treatment to any patient, even if it were to be enemy of your eminence.''

''We would be very greatful to another wing to the hospital. Our capacity is relatively high, but it won’t take long for this chaotic times to produce such supply of those in need, that I imagine, that every room available would be priced in gold.''

Doctor Morden Vassari

A letter from the desk Alfred Wrelf to Aberham Pointiss [4]
    Spoiler
    Show

''I certainly didn’t imply you’d need to go to the public hospital, as the place is unfortunately situated in a rather disreputable location. It was a petty, but ultimately fortunate gesture, by my snivelling nephew Pierce Wrelf, to place me from my dying bed in my ancestral home into the hospital. The imbecile has expected the indignity of dying in common hospital to sap me of my will and hasten my demise, while spiting me, for my wish is to die in the same bed, where my dear wife Lenore has passed away. Fortunately, unlike the usual charlatans of Triphage, I got into the hands of a competent physician, who brought me from the brink of death.''

''He has assured me, that he would be available for personal visits, and has shown himself to be within acceptable in his choice of attire, although I find his choice of suits rather unassuming and lacking in finer details, that would give it character. I would complement his choice of cultivating mystique about his hidden face, a mystery that has attracted favourable attention of a number of quite comely nurses, that tended to me while I recovered. In my years of youth, I’d probably try hiding my face and pretending a hideous wound to woo the fine ladies, but alas those days are behind me now.''

Yours Sincerely,
    Lord Wrelf.

Letter from Doctor Vassari to Aberham Pointiss [4]
    Spoiler
    Show

''I would welcome your eminence at my hospital and I assure you, we have proper accomodations to treat the patients of your calibre. If you find your schedule limited, I can arrange for a personal visit.''

''While my arts may not be able to address your eyesight problem, though I can try to select the best lenses to correct it, I’ve got both remedies for the back pains and a new approach to treating them, that involve little, but specific movements of the body to stretch the muscles, that are usually the main culprit of such afflictions.''

Dr. Morden Vassari
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2012-07-16 at 01:20 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

The Ram Revolution
    Rot's Borough

Constantine Richter surveyed the plot of land in front of him. It was one of the best neighborhoods in Rot's Borough, though that wasn't saying much. He was here for a reason though, to finally mark to start of their rebellion. Unfortunately, that would mean a speach. He turned to the growing crowd, and began speaking. "The Sorceress is dead! The city will soon be thrown into chaos, and we will rise above it, triumphant! Here, on this ground, we will put our government! Not a government of oppression and rich nobles, but of, by, and for the people! The crowd cheers, most waving the red flags that had been circulating for as long as the rumors of the death of the sorceress.

Two hours later, Constantine was busy writing notes to the various leaders of similar rebellions located near the Borough. One of the many urchins of the neighborhood would deliver the messages to their recipient, and hardly be noticed by anyone of importance (D. ESP 7)

TO: Order of the Wren
    Spoiler
    Show
    We of the Ram Revolution have much in common with the Order of the Wren, including, I would hope, an aversion to losing. To insure that neither of us are forced to deal with such a horrid concept, I propose an alliance between our two factions. I would welcome a letter from your leaders offering a way to divide up Runner's City in a mutually beneficial way.
    -Constantine Richter

TO: Technist Guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    It is well known that the best creations of all Sav Altulas come our of your guild, but that you are far from soldiers. My own followers, however, are not afraid to cut throats, yet have a decided lack of fancy equipment. I propose an alliance between the two of our groups, for mutual protection and benefit. If you and yours would be willing to supply things that may give us an edge in the coming civil war, me and mine would do all we can to insure the protection of the Technists as well as the Rams. I look forward to your reply.
    -Constantine Richter

TO: United Alliance of Labor
    Spoiler
    Show
    I sense a kindred spirit to the Ram Revolution in the UAL. Our fight against our oppressors would not be served by fighting each other. In this vein, I would like to propose an alliance between the Ram Revolution and the UAL, for the mutual benefit of the poor and downtrodden.
    -Constantine Richter

GM ONLY:
    Spoiler
    Show

I would like to look into what/who is currently running Pisser's Kingdom and Pits, as well as (if possible), roughly how strong their militia is.
    Last edited by ForzaFiori; 2012-07-16 at 01:31 PM.

Go Tigers!

14. - Top - End - #14

Black Fist Brotherhood to the Doctor [6]

Spoiler
    Show
    Communication is slow, as the runner has to memorize the message and vanish, only be replaced a few hours later with another.

"We are no more good or bad than other people, but we believe you might be.

What we seek, I suppose, is a selfish goal. We oppose much of the way modern civilization work. We think that loyalty should be personal and mutual. We believe that long hierarchies crush those standing in the lowest ranks. We believe in equality.

We make trouble, that much is true. We have killed people. We have destroyed buildings and reputations. We did it, because we had to, and we regret little of it. But this city has poverty, and oppression, and it needs to end.

There are never no strings attached in an offer. For you, the strings would be, as you said, that you would be seen as allied with us. That is a heavy price to pay for protection. And how would be profit? We would show our dedication to the welfare of the poor by helping you. That is how we profit, in the public eye, not our purses.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Order of the Wren Morale: 5

To the Ram Revolution
    Spoiler
    Show
    Our causes are indeed similar, though not the same. For now, we will permit some co-operation.

The Order will be moving to take the Tragic Court, and skirt the edges of the Runner's City. Do not oppose us in this, and we shall have no problems.

The Wren.

16. - Top - End - #16

To GM:

Spoiler
    Show
    If possible, I want to covertly send a few reliable people to the ram revolution. Not to spy on them, really. To make sure no one messes with them and their parliament. Take out enemy agents attacking them, if it becomes necessary. But without the revolution really noticing.
    Last edited by Eldan; 2012-07-16 at 01:44 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17

To Eldan
    Spoiler
    Show

In answer to your notes:

First: The Harrowing Fields were formerly owned and operated by the sorceress' people, who are currently struggling to maintain control. Officials from Gatehouse Prison feel that with the demise of Desoui they should be in charge, as they supply most of the fighters for the arena, and a local group of merchants from Annosus is making a bid for it as well.

Second: Sending spies around and whatnot is really something that should be done during End of Turn. Getting information on places is fine, since all you really need to do for that is to buy a broadsheet or walk past the place listening to rumors, but actually moving around and doing counterintelligence stuff should be reserved for the EoT.

To Ragnar
    Spoiler
    Show

Lodstrom is a pretty even mixture of old blood and New Coin nobility, families that have been in Sky for centuries mixing with ones who built their manor only a couple decades ago. At the moment, control is just about evenly split between House Matoff, which heads a coalition of ancient lines that don't like the intrusion of the New Coin families, and the Lodstrom High Society Club, which is a collection of New Coin nobility who gather for drinks and politicking every weekend. Of the two, Matoff regards House Wallen as a disgrace to the upper class, while the Society Club thinks that you are merely misguided, and perhaps the new generation will clean things up a bit.

To ForzaFiori
    Spoiler
    Show

Pisser's Kingdom is currently run by the Street Men, who collect waste from the roads and byways of Sav Altulas, assemble it in their offal dumps and sell it as fertilizer to farmers and the like. They are being challenged by a Mafia-like gang known as the Knifehands, who are demanding protection money. Skirmishes have already been fought in the alleys of Pisser's Kingdom, and open fighting in the street is expected to break out any day now. The Street Men have a military strength of [++], while the Knifehands have a strength of [+++].

Pits is a more complicated matter. There are at least five known gangs claiming control over the neighborhood, none of which have anything near what they say they do. Collectively, their strength is [+++++ +], which would probably come to bear on any outside force seen as muscling in on territory that rightfully belongs to Pits kids, but infighting among the gangs could easily weaken that.
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

IC
    OOC

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

18. - Top - End - #18

Aberham Pontiss, To Alfred Wrelf [4]
    Spoiler
    Show

Ser Wrelf

Your good advice does you credit, Alfred. Already I have received a response from Doctor Vassari. If all goes well, perhaps I will finally be free from this damnable pain.

On the topic of those nurses, don't let your age stop you; sometimes age just makes things better- like with wine or cheese. Who knows, perhaps one of them would like a respectable seasoned gentleman like you or I.

Aberham Pointiss to Doctor Vassari[4]
    Spoiler
    Show

I would be happy to come in personally to see you. I would like to see the facilities you have set up, and this treatment sounds particularly enticing. I assure you, if it works, money is not an object.

GM only
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hey, so I'm going to try to convince some of the people in noble families in Risen Court to join the society.
    Last edited by Nyrt; 2012-07-16 at 02:58 PM.
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show
    TW: Broken City

Lord Founder needs no pants to face the beasts of the world, to descend into the darkest pits of the Earth and ascend above the divine clouds!
    TW: Cape City

TW: Supers!
    Image to come

TW: Dystopia
    Peoples Syndicalist Federation of China

Buy my music here

19. - Top - End - #19
    Pixie in the Playground

Militia of Order and Justice
    Moral: 6

I have done well in bring the Just One’s peace, thought High Watchmen Kos as he patrolled the streets of Upperdeck. Men and women were shoping and haggling at the newly emerging shops without fear of being mugged on the way home while children played in the street. As Kos and his men walked by some even stopped to thanked and praised Kos for the excellent work the Militia had done.

A few hours later Kos and reached the end of his patrol and the highest street of Upperdeck. From there Kos surveyed the rest of Old Town. Lawless chaos filled with evil, the Militia will not restore order there easily. We need allies.

Technists Guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Militia of Order and Justice wishes to commission a particular machine. If you are interested, perhaps we can discuss this matter in private.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Technists Guild
    To the Rams
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sure, we can do that. At the moment, we were planing on exenting our factories before full scale production, but we'll see what we can find for you.
    Respectfully,
    Matt Rosen.

To the Millita of Law and order
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sure, what do you need?
    Last edited by Grimsage Matt; 2012-07-16 at 03:03 PM.
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

21. - Top - End - #21

GreataxeFighterGuy

The Silversmith's Guild

To the Church of Neposh
    Spoiler
    Show
    Transport is not something that we particularly need, as most customers come to our stores themselves to select their purchase. Holy relics, however, do seem of interest to us; especially ones of silver. We would ask some time to deliberate on how much we can spend before getting back to you, if possible.

To GM
    Spoiler
    Show
    1) How does reading others messages work in this game?
    2) Is there anything in particular demand in the Jewellery and Luxuries market right now?

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

The Wardens (5 Morale)

Wardens to the Illarym Empire - Trade Ministry
    Spoiler
    Show

The city of Sav Altulas has fallen into chaos, and we are forced to consolidate our own operation and cut back on protecting the trade routes, which are likely to lessen in usage anyway. In addition, the Warlords of Shattered Lands are taking the opportunity to harass us during our moment of weakness.

Any support you can offer for us financially or militarily would allow us to better protect your own interests within the region. We plan on moving fast to unify enough of the city to resume proper trade, but there are several other groups with conflicting views within the city.

Wardens to the Sausage Guild
    Spoiler
    Show

We respect your work and unique skills and so wish to offer you this warning - we will be moving our forces inside the city, cutting back on the guarding of trade routes, for as long as the chaos lasts. We require security for our barracks, and will therefore we making sure that no minor gangs trouble our District. This will mean our soldiers will be patrolling near the border of your neighbourhood - be assured that we mean you no harm.
    Last edited by Murska; 2012-07-16 at 04:30 PM.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

The EBSA

The lights brightened in the Carvin Landscape room, named for the murals that covered the walls showing a landscape of Sav Altulas seven generations ago, painted by Joseph Carvin in an almost surreal realistic style- giving the impression that despite the rooms lack of windows, that they were overlooking the city rather than nestled deep with the Halls of Final Justice.

The most senior staff, with a scribe to take minutes, gathered and sat around the long oaken table. At the head of the table, grey-haired and stately, Chief of the EBSA Staff Dekan O'vail eyed each of his lieutenants as they took their seats. Directly to his left, Chief Legal Consul Chrine Blizzardmarch sat- his frost blue skin and deep blue hair standing out against his austere black robes of office. To his right, sat his Deputy Chief of Staff Kara Lythene, the polar opposite of the elf. Wearing a amused grin as well as a white button shirt, red vest, and black pants (showing a balance between seductive and professional which always slightly perturbed him). Across from his was Captain Franz Rargo, a dark skinned mountain of muscle and scar tissue fit inside the Greycloak uniform, a curved blade at his side and a Burgonet Helm on the table- solid and dependable as always. Finally, chatting quietly with the scribe was Anala Weaver, dark brown hair cut short around her ears, exuding the natural charisma that made her an excellent ambassador to the public of the city.

O'vail flipped open the cream folder in his hands and examined it before laying it on the table. Thin writing was revealed, interrupted by a large magically captured picture of the Sorceress, before he flipped the page, revealing a drawing of her corpse "This is accurate?"

Kara nods, tapping the picture "I was there when this was created, its accurate. The hag is legitimately dead"

Anala smiled "That's great news, isn't it?"

"I wouldn't be so sure" the elven consul warned "She passed without a government to remain, the city will probably fall into chaos"

O'vail nodded "I wouldn't be surprised, Captain are we ready for that?"

The military man coughed and straightened as he was called upon "I believe so. I've sent runners to all of our controlled elements, and have doubled the on watch officers patrolling the Halls of Final Justice"

"Excellent" the pale Deputy nodded "But that doesn't exactly deal with the political shift that is bound to happen"

"Well maybe we can get ahead of it" Anala suggests, leaning forwards and shuffling through a stack of papers in front of her "Should we put out a press briefing, let the people know that they will be taken care of?"

The old Chief of Staff glanced at her "Can you and your staff get a statement ready in" he checked his clicking wrist-clock, a gift from his wife "Thirty minutes? Any more and we'll have to wait till tomorrow"

"I can help" Blizzardmarch stood, and swept away towards the door "I shall immediately look up the pertinent legal measures that would give our claim validity"

Kara stood and cracked her neck "I have business to attend to out and around the city, are we good?"

Dekan rubbed his hand through his grey hair and nodded "I think that's all for now, get your people moving- or we could have a crisis on our hands that could snowball out of control"

He smiled at the affirmatives, and turned to leave the room. Raising his voice Dekan called for his aide "Yinda!" the slightly portly woman stepped to his side as he marched to his office "Do me a favor, and bring me the Saaros Documents, and a mug of something hot". As she scuttled away, he smiled and sat at his deck- ready to do a job that he loved out from under the heel of the immortal sorceress.

Press Statement- for all PCs, NPCs, and people of Sav Altulas
    Spoiler
    Show
    Given from a podium within the Halls of Final Justice, and then relayed in text form and crier form across the city. The transcript reads.

With the death of the Sorceress, times are changing in the great city of Sav Altulas. Whatever you may have thought of the previous administration, she had brought a measure of stability to the city. We strongly oppose returning to her ways again with another petty dictator, so the EBSA would like to start talks with the various factions of the city with legitimate claims to governorship to step forwards and send a representative to the Halls of Final Justice.

Chief Consul Blizzardmarch has let me know that we will conduct ourselves as set out by Bill 567- 2 of the city code.

We will immediately start talks and negotiations for a new government, and how to implement said new order. I will be happy to take questions through letter or personal meeting here at the Halls before the talks begin.

As a sidenote, polling will begin among the population to find what they would want in a new, better government.

- Anala Weaver, Press Secretary of the EBSA

Kara Lythene to Ram Revolution
    Spoiler
    Show
    Donning a black leather coat to protect her from the chill of the night, Kara arrives at the plot of land she knows is used by the people's revolution. Peeking around she looks for someone who knows what they are doing "Hello, Kara Lythene from the EBSA, I was wondering if any of the leadership is available to speak with"
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

Ram Revolution
    Rot's Borough
    D. ESP - 7

TO: Order of the Wren -
    Spoiler
    Show

That is fine. We will begin moving to the north and west of Runners City, but will leave you the southern half of our district.

TO: Technists Guild -
    Spoiler
    Show

Feel free to get your workshops up to full capacity, as well as anything else you may need to do, before sending your resources out. I assure you that I plan to do the same. I am hoping that our alliance will last long enough that we can afford to take our time.

Constantine Richter to The EBSA (through Kara Lythene) -
    Spoiler
    Show

Constantine comes around the corner to answer Kara. "I am Constantine Richter. Currently I find myself in command of the Ram Revolution. I must say, I expected this meeting to occur in the Halls of Final Justice, rather than in a rundown building in the Borough."

Go Tigers!

25. - Top - End - #25

GreataxeFighterGuy

The Silversmith's Guild

To the Heladuit Court
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings. The Silversmith's Guild has noticed that we both offer services to similar clientele, you providing amazing garments and us intricate silver jewellery. We, therefore, think that perhaps we may cooperate for mutual prosperity. If we were to subtly promote each others goods, it may lead to additional profits for both of us. If we were, perhaps, to suggest to a customer who buys an ornate silver necklace that it would look sublime with one of your vests, and vice-versa, it would be good for both of us. What think you?

26. - Top - End - #26

Illarym Trade Ministry to Wardens (ESP-D 5)
    Spoiler
    Show

Commander Tarmin,

We will inform the border castles of your situation and have them extend their patrols to compensate. Unfortunately, due to the delicate situation in the south, we cannot offer you as much assistance as we would like, but we can allow you to requisition any equipment you might need--to a reasonable limit, of course.

I will also inform Chancellor Quille of your situation. Perhaps he may be able to assist you further.

Regards,
    Jekath Moth, Imperial Minister for Trade

Imperial Chancery to Wardens [Private]
    Spoiler
    Show

You're not entirely sure how the messenger got into Tarmin's office--no one let him in, certainly--but there he is nonetheless. He nods briskly and drops a package on the Commander's desk, leaving as quietly as he had come. Five minutes later, no one would remember his face.

Inside the parcel is a letter, and a poster.

Letter
    Spoiler
    Show

Dear Sir,

We have been informed of the situation in Sav Altulas by Minister Moth. While we cannot offer substantitive assistance at this time, we would like to request that you keep an eye out for the man on the poster we have included. He tends to be attracted to places in chaos, where he can stir up anti-Imperial sentiments and try to raise an army. We believe that he is responsible for the current unrest in the south, and knowing his usual patterns he may try to flee north once we have crushed his latest rebellion. A city in the midst of civil war would be a place where he could very easily hide from us.

If he is discovered in the city, under no circumstances are you to speak with this man. In fact, it would be best if you would terminate anyone who has had any contact with him, just in case.

Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.

Chancellor Quille
    Co-signed: Doctor Reymond

Poster
    Spoiler
    Show

To ragingrage
    Spoiler
    Show

1) To read someone else's messages, your Espionage must be higher than (not equal to) the lowest Defensive Espionage of the two factions exchanging messages.

2) Thanks to the efforts of the Heladuit Court, arachnid designs are popular, and a recent scarcity of emeralds has made green the must-have color for high society.
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

IC
    OOC

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

The EBSA

Kara Lythene- The Ram Revolution
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Well I wanted to have a one on one with you before people start coming to see us" she gestures you off to the side, giving you a friendly smile.

"I'll level with you, looking at the past, tyranny and monarchy aren't helping anyone- we at the EBSA would prefer to work with a democratic government" she lowers her dark spectacles to get a better look at you "And from what we can tell, your movement is one of the best candidates for that. I was hoping you could fill me in on what exactly you wanted to occur with your little revolution, and then we can deal"

United Labor Unions- Kara Lythene
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your men report that a red-haired woman in a black leather coat has been asking around to see the Union Boss.

Bloodhaven Hospital- A letter to Dr. Vassari
    Spoiler
    Show
    The EBSA would like to deliver their appreciation to the service you and your doctors are supplying to the city. Due to your excellent medical practices, we would like to give you a position in the EBSA's upper staff, as our medical consultant. Our worry is that a sickness will break out without proper health protocols in place, and you have been chosen as the best medical professional in the city.

Militia of Order and Justice- Kara Lythene
    Spoiler
    Show
    Several of your men report Kara Lythene of the EBSA wishes to speak with the High Watchman.

House Wallen
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kara Lythene from the ESBA, also of the minor Lythene House, wishes for an audience with a representative from your house.

Technists Guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hello, the EBSA would like to ask for a member of your guild to become a direct consultant for our organization. In the coming months, chaos will reign, and we wish to be as prepared as possible. Interested?

ES of Gentlemen Explorers
    Spoiler
    Show
    We understand that you have... quite a bit of personal wealth. The EBSA will be combating the chaos the city will attempt to plunge itself into. We were wondering if you would be willing to become a financial backer of the ESBA, and in return we will attempt to assure that your agenda is heard.

The Wardens- Kara Lythene
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your guards report that Kara Lythene, Deputy Chief of Staff for the EBSA wishes to speak with the commander.

BookBinders Guild-GM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Those who control the flow of knowledge, control the city. The EBSA once was deeply invested with the presses of the city, but our control was withered during the Night of Scourged Chains. We would like to discuss a mutually beneficial deal.

Lodstrom High Society Club
    Spoiler
    Show
    We would like to send a representative, Kara Lythene, to discuss politics with your most influential members. Would you allow this?

Orn Totre
    Spoiler
    Show
    A runner is sent into the district, looking for a member of the secret police willing to receive a message.

Wreken and Hearthfeather Families
    Spoiler
    Show
    The EBSA wishes to send a representative, Kara Lythene, to meet with representatives from both sides of the conflict.
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

28. - Top - End - #28

GreataxeFighterGuy

The Silversmith Guild

To the Church of Neposh
    Spoiler
    Show
    We wonder if you have any holy artifacts that contain precious emeralds within them. A designer has come upon an interesting idea, but none of our current emeralds in stock are of good enough quality.

29. - Top - End - #29

NinjaGuy

To Bloodhaven
    Spoiler
    Show
    "My dear Doctor, I am happy to read your position on this matter.
    I will not only accept that you treat my enemies in your hospital; I will ask actively fot it.

The offer for a new hospital wing is... Free of charge, except for the treatment of my servants (Or, gods forbid, myself, or my friends) who require it.

My servants, friends, and specially me are well taken care for, so we are mostly healthy.

I'm interested in the benefits your work will bring to this town. We need more people like you to improve this place and avoid the civil war that is menacing us every day.

Would [++++ Wealth this turn] and [+++ Wealth next turn] be enough to build it?

I will be glad to help in other endeavours if needed.

Sincerely, Lord Henry Wallen"

To EBSA
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I gladly agree to the audience. I was going to attend the audience in the Halls of Final Justice personally, but you are invited to come to my manor before if you need to discuss anything.

Lord Henry Wallen"

Lodstrom High Society Club
    Spoiler
    Show
    Henry Wallen knew some of the members of the club. Small time nobility, but the kind that tends to grow with time.
    He had also known the old goats from House Matoff and his bullies. Big old Huoses, with little capacity to adapt or change. They weren't like the
    Esoteric Society of Gentleman Explorers, either.
    They were brutes, and like brutes they acted.

He had been a friend of one or two of the Lodstrom High Society Club, before time and family set them apart.

He decided to send a message to one of them: Count Eric Bassa.

Spoiler
    Show
    "Hello, old friend. I realize you consider me to be a part of the "Old Guard". But I'm not my father. I would love to attend one of your meetings, or even hold such a meeting myself if possible.

The motive of that would be to join our fortunes, so to speak.

We are fighting for more than a crown here. We are fighting for our lives, and I believe you need me as much as I need you.

Lord Henry Wallen"

To Heladuit Court
    Spoiler
    Show
    My noble (Future) friends. I realize we have not talked about the important events that are about to transpire in this great town.

I have a simple proposal for you: I will support any claim you have towards Heavensgate, as long as you support any of my claims over Sky.

In the meantime, I would be willing to help you in what you needed.
    Lord Henry Wallen.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

The EBSA

House Wallen- Kara Lythene
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kara Lythene arrives soon after you accept her letter, just after sundown. Her red hair is pulled back in a long ponytail, and she is wearing he classic red vest and black pants, as well as a pair of fashionable darkened spectacles.

She is quickly shown in, and she gives you a small bow "Lord Wallen, I am grateful you gave me this audience. I wanted to know your opinion of where the city's government should go now the sorceress is dead. "

- SurlySeraph