New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Karoht going to BC

I'm headed to British Columbia (a province in Canada) to visit some relatives. It's a 6 hour drive. But, I'm also looking to have something to do other than sit around my grandparents house.
    August 5-11
    I'll be in the Kamloops-ish area. I might decide to go and bike up at Sun Peaks on their cross country trails for a while. I'll be renting a bike there, unlikely to be able to fit my bike into my Honda Civic unless I dismantle it, which I am not too keen on doing.
    I will probably bring my laptop and have a data plan on my phone by that point, so I should have internet access for the most part, but the place I am staying is in the mountains so that might make communication a bit sketchy.

I'm basically looking for some events to go watch/participate in during that time. I'm willing to drive as far as Vancouver to see something or do something.

Any suggestions? Any locals have some insider knowledge about their local awesomeness?
    ~~Courage is not the lack of fear~~
    Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    "In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!"
    "Please consult your DM before administering Steve brand Aboleth Mucus.
    Ask your DM if Aboleth Mucus is right for you.
    Side effects include coughing, sneezing, and other flu like symptoms, cancer, breathing water like a fish, loss of dignity, loss of balance, loss of bowel and bladder control."

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Karoht going to BC

I did live in that area, but that was, wow, close to two decades ago.
    Still live in BC, but a bit far too bike unless you got gills.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calanon View Post
    Raven_Cry's comments often have the effects of a +5 Tome of Understanding

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Karoht going to BC

Yeah, I think I'm going to go up to Sun Peaks for a day and hit some of the trails. I will have to see if my bike fits into the back of my car or not, the rentals are expensive.
    Maybe I'll stay the night in the hotel, have a few drinks with the local crowd, go back to my grandparents place in the morning.
    I haven't been biking with an iPod blasting music in ages.

I shall have to remember to pack a picnic lunch. Now I'm really wishing that my fiance could join me for the trip. Sadly, work is being really not nice to her lately.
    ~~Courage is not the lack of fear~~
    Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    "In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!"
    "Please consult your DM before administering Steve brand Aboleth Mucus.
    Ask your DM if Aboleth Mucus is right for you.
    Side effects include coughing, sneezing, and other flu like symptoms, cancer, breathing water like a fish, loss of dignity, loss of balance, loss of bowel and bladder control."