New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: OotS Style Art/Fanart Showcase V

Quote Originally Posted by AddZable View Post
    Dat Gajeel.

Thanks . And sure, must be a pretty horrible song though! (NOT THAT I KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT MUSIC!)

So.. Something I tried to make for someone in the request an avatar thread. Waiting to see if they're happy with it or not.

Worked some on my soldier-y guy.
    I
    Is it just me or does he look short?
    Eh. It would be fast paced. Also, I just base my oots stuff of the Giant, and he has Elan sing in only eighth notes, so thats what I wound up doing.

You know what. I really like the shading on your soldier-y guy.
    My pronouns are they/them, but I don't care much.

My PbP Characters:
    Ailian Sunblazer

My Homebrew

2. - Top - End - #302
    Ogre in the Playground

Ignore the pixely-ness of it. I had to use paint.net to remove an accidental background, so it's not Inkscape smooth. (I would have just reexported it with out the background but that would have required ungrouping it from like 3 other things.)
    Last edited by asdflove; 2013-02-16 at 11:56 AM.

My PbP Characters:
    Ailian Sunblazer

My Homebrew

3. - Top - End - #303
    Troll in the Playground

Couple of characters that might get used in a story or a D&D campaign:

The names in the images are just working names that I came up with for saving purposes.
    Last edited by Derjuin; 2013-02-17 at 04:09 AM.
    Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star

4. - Top - End - #304
    Barbarian in the Playground

Lots of neat art posted last time I posted here. It's past midnight here though, so I don't have time to respond to each one. But I will leave something here just before I sleep.

And now for a bunch of bald people in their underwear!—Ahem, what I mean to say is that given the recent success (?) of my last avatar, I got to thinking, "what if all my avatars had that style?" So the following is just a test to see how the anatomy would work for my patented (not really) fleshed out OotSish people. \(^▽^)/

However, as I was drawing them, it crossed my mind more than once that these guys seem creepy to some. I could have given them more realistic faces, like in Erfworld fashion, but then they wouldn't belong in this thread.

I do think they look less creepy when given actual clothes, hair and other accessories. For example:

Who could this be?

Responses:

@DrachenGlied: I like the undead dragon thing, although it is distinctly anatomically detailed compared to your OotS figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion View Post
    Pretty recently I made two avatars of Mauve, one using my normal style, the other sorta trying to imitate Pinky....
    @Cuthalion: The second one does remind me of Pinky's style. Both are good.

Quote Originally Posted by asdflove, post conglomerate
    Insanely large picture of a succubus bard I made ages ago.
    A string pictures actually made for my brother.
    And this *snip white haired pretty boy*
    Edit: More art. A possibility for a ship in my fancomic. *snip shipping*
    Also, the banner for my fancomic in my signature changed as well.
    *Acorn Guild*
    *rapier fight*
    *paladian vs blackguard*
    *caped green haired elf*
    *lust demons*
    *singing temptress Tiff*
    *playground antics*
    *nervous paladin vs Tiff*
    asdflove, lately you are the most postingest artist around these parts. Is this creative pace sustainable? You capture fundamental OotS style pretty well, except for some details such as the laces on the lust demon's "good girl" outfit. In fact, for some reason you remind me of a poster of yesteryears, named CrimsonAngel. She made multiple fancomics as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kymme View Post
    asdflove, that banner looks pretty cool.
    I just finished 4 new drawings, each one being a member of an adventuring party. They aren't for anybody, I just drew them based on an idea. But without further ado, I present to you:

Kidd Khan:
    Gloria of Soane:
    Ezekiel deClaire:
    And.... Phil:
    'Snice.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomish Wanderer, post conglomerate
    And to show off my own tidbit from tonight, I crafted the vampire chick from the hit cartoon Adventure Time. Marceline? Lacking knowledge in the show myself, I hope it looks decent.

Now to show off a couple of Gnomish originals, critique gladly accepted.
    *steampunk halfling*
    *spades*
    While I've never watched Adventure Time before, I sorta think that Marceline's legs would look better fleshed out more. I agree with the others about the halfling's two guns. The shading on the spades pic is excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by AddZable, your posts combined
    I hope it's alright that I'm posting the same character and image again. I suddenly decided I want to try to recreat every mlp main character in oots-human form and make a banner-thing. Which means.. I need to get then -right-.
    *humanized pinkie pie*

I got bored and decided to try to make another oots avatar, using inkscape this time. Once again, I'd love some crit.
    *soldiery guy*
    So.. Something I tried to make for someone in the request an avatar thread. Waiting to see if they're happy with it or not.
    *hat wizard*
    Is it just me or does he look short?
    In your Pinkie Pie pic, her head seems to have sunken into the top of her breasts. It looks better if you bring the line of her upper torso inwards. My tip to you about stick figure female body shapes is this: the part where the body joins the head, the upper portion of the breasts, should have a width/breadth no greater than the waist.

The soldier guy is not short at all...well, his legs could be just a tiny bit longer. The average human stick figure seems to be about three heads tall, which soldier guy has got covered. I think you can fix the short appearance if you stretched his perfectly circular head slightly upwards, into an elliptical shape. That's a trick I learned while making my sig image.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris on a Stick View Post
    So now, um... I'm pretty sure a bunch of you guys have seen a GB avatar this year. I mean, it's right next to my post! But guess what! You get to look at it again!
    Yaaaaaaay!
    Smashing avvie KK, nearly perfect. My only issue with it is that her legs seem just a smidge too long. I mean, her thighs themselves are as long as her torso.

Quote Originally Posted by Derjuin posts combined
    S'moar derjuin arts:
    *priestess (?)*
    *Angel*
    Couple of characters that might get used in a story or a D&D campaign:
    *Svenja*
    *Israfel*
    *Volkag*
    The names in the images are just working names that I came up with for saving purposes.
    My first thought is that Volkag seems very tall. Is he half ogre or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Crimmy View Post
    Gajeel.
    Well, there's also Pantherlily.

Blame my girlfriend, she's the one who got me into Fairy Tail.
    I don't read Fairy Tail, but this is great. The hair reminds me of Raditz. It's funny how he has piercings where his nonexistent nose would be. I think you made this in Paint Tool SAI, correct?
    Last edited by Kurien; 2013-02-18 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Adding relpies

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kurien View Post
    *snip*
    asdflove, lately you are the most postingest artist around these parts. Is this creative pace sustainable? You capture fundamental OotS style pretty well, except for some details such as the laces on the lust demon's "good girl" outfit. In fact, for some reason you remind me of a poster of yesteryears, named CrimsonAngel. She made multiple fancomics as well.
    *Snip*
    My increase in posting is directly a result of my leaving of the pony fandom. I have a lot more time on my hands than I know what to do with. ^^;

Her normal outfit has the laces on it too.
    And she's a succubus. You can just call her a succubus.

I frankly have no clue who that is, but I like her username.

My PbP Characters:
    Ailian Sunblazer

My Homebrew

6. - Top - End - #306
    Bugbear in the Playground

Nice art Kurien. It's really enyoyable to see how your chars get that shape.

Newest art from me:
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ogre in the Playground

If they don't have a name above their head, they don't have a name yet.
    They all have names now.

I just realized Adena is the only one with out Neutral in her alignment at all.
    Last edited by asdflove; 2013-02-20 at 07:27 PM.

My PbP Characters:
    Ailian Sunblazer

My Homebrew

8. - Top - End - #308
    Dwarf in the Playground

I decided to make an arts before I got to work on my latest project for school. Meet the nightcreep goblin. I tried to make it look creepy.. Thoughts? Cnc?

And linkage: http://i48.tinypic.com/zn5ydl.png
    This is awesome and everyone should watch it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCVukDiRsNs
    Not my video, and if it was, I'd be much more epic than I am.
    I tend to disappear off the internet sometimes. I apologize if I inconvenience you.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ogre in the Playground

I decided to make an arts before I got to work on my latest project for school. Meet the nightcreep goblin. I tried to make it look creepy.. Thoughts? Cnc?

Your goal was to make him look creepy? Your mission was successful.

DIRE BAT HUG!

Where is everyone?

Anyways, fiendish kitty.

And my Avi for next month.
    Last edited by asdflove; 2013-02-22 at 01:26 PM. Reason: More art

My PbP Characters:
    Ailian Sunblazer

My Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ogre in the Playground

Those Avies are awesome, Asdflove!

It's been about a week since I last posted, so here is something to make up for the gap!

Spoiler
    Show

Can you guess who it is?

11. - Top - End - #311

Likewise haven't posted here in quite some time. How are you all? Some quick reviews, firstly...

It's been about a week since I last posted, so here is something to make up for the gap!

Spoiler
    Show

Can you guess who it is?
    I cannot guess at all o.o Still, nice work. The proportioning and the way the legs bend make it look weirdly realistic, perhaps too realistic for oots style. The pose and face is all interesting, and I like the windmill shape and the stars.

Quote Originally Posted by asdflove View Post

DIRE BAT HUG!

Where is everyone?

Anyways, fiendish kitty.

And my Avi for next month.
    ^.^ I like them! The Dire Bat is hugging a small-sized creature? All the pictures are very cute. The one thing is all three show elements of problems with consistent lineweight, where certain objects look funny because of differing borders. Still, the action is nice in the first and third and I want teh kitteh

That is sufficiently creepy, though moreso the mouth than the eyes. Still, nice work.

If they don't have a name above their head, they don't have a name yet.
    They all have names now.

I just realized Adena is the only one with out Neutral in her alignment at all.
    I like these a lot. Some of the outfits are plain but the color scheme was done well and each shows personality.

And secondly to show off a few of my creations. I really need to work on avvies more...

I haven't shaded this one... I probably should. I am starting a project where I draw my gnomish character in a variety of different D&D classes. This is the Paladin.
    Gnomish Decker by me! You can find more of my work here!!! Also, my Tumblr, if you're into that
    Spoiler
    Show
    You fell for my firewall, chummer
    The data highways are infinite and I've info left to tread

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Can you guess who it is?
    Thanks.
    I frankly have no clue who that is, but I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomish Wanderer View Post
    ^.^ I like them! The Dire Bat is hugging a small-sized creature? All the pictures are very cute. The one thing is all three show elements of problems with consistent lineweight, where certain objects look funny because of differing borders. Still, the action is nice in the first and third and I want teh kitteh
    Technically, it's hugging a medium size creature, but... It's a dwarf.
    I can see the differing line weight thing with the easter basket on the last one, but not one the other 2.
    Sorry, teh kitteh belongs to a blackguard.

I like these a lot. Some of the outfits are plain but the color scheme was done well and each shows personality.
    Thanks, it's the pantheon I'm going to be using in both my fancomics. I'm glad you like it.

And secondly to show off a few of my creations. I really need to work on avvies more...

I haven't shaded this one... I probably should. I am starting a project where I draw my gnomish character in a variety of different D&D classes. This is the Paladin.
    I really like the Hair rings on your Gnomish Paladin.
    (and yay! Not only did someone else post, 2 someone elses posted!)
    Last edited by asdflove; 2013-02-23 at 01:53 PM.

My PbP Characters:
    Ailian Sunblazer

My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #313

Technically, it's hugging a medium size creature, but... It's a dwarf.
    I can see the differing line weight thing with the easter basket on the last one, but not one the other 2.
    Sorry, teh kitteh belongs to a blackguard.

Thanks, it's the pantheon I'm going to be using in both my fancomics. I'm glad you like it.

I really like the Hair rings on your Gnomish Paladin.
    To explain the line weight, in the first the dwarf is differently sized than the bat, in the second the skull looks out of place with its tiny-ness, and you pegged the third with the easter basket. Not bad, per say, just distracting and makes it look like they're made from separate drawings practically photoshopped together.

I like the pantheon. I would have succumbed to the strange joy of making them each a different alignment, but I am a bag of crazy.

I also like the hair rings, they took a while to work out. I think three iterations? I made them instead of sleeping last night.

And here is a Xenomorph I just created:
    Last edited by Gnomish Wanderer; 2013-02-23 at 03:32 PM.
    Gnomish Decker by me! You can find more of my work here!!! Also, my Tumblr, if you're into that
    Spoiler
    Show
    You fell for my firewall, chummer
    The data highways are infinite and I've info left to tread

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ogre in the Playground

I cannot guess at all o.o Still, nice work. The proportioning and the way the legs bend make it look weirdly realistic, perhaps too realistic for oots style. The pose and face is all interesting, and I like the windmill shape and the stars.
    Thanks.
    I frankly have no clue who that is, but I like it.
    You guys really ought to brush up on your old english language novels. I'll give you a hint.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ettin in the Playground

You guys really ought to brush up on your old english language novels. I'll give you a hint.
    Not English; Spanish. El Ingenioso Hidalgo Don Quijote de la Mancha is the most representative work of the Spanish language and a fixture of Spanish speaking countries educational programs as Shakespeare is for English speaking countries.

The Man from La Mancha is an adaptation, a much later one. Since the original was written around 1600 by Cervantes while in jail (the first part) and the second one while trying to get rid of copycats making fanmade versions of a second part (yes 1600s fanfiction which made the author so mad he actually made a second part to screw them all).

But El Quixote is as English as The Tales of Canterbury are Spaniard. The book is ridiculously massive and the original character is insanely complex to the point not even the plays based completely around his personality and not actions manage to fully grasp the character.
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2013-02-23 at 04:25 PM.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ogre in the Playground

To explain the line weight, in the first the dwarf is differently sized than the bat, in the second the skull looks out of place with its tiny-ness, and you pegged the third with the easter basket. Not bad, per say, just distracting and makes it look like they're made from separate drawings practically photoshopped together.
    I kinda see it on the Dwarf looking closer, but that's really strange since I actually shrunk down the bat for that picture.
    I actually tried making the lines thicker on the skull, and its jaw just looked like a solid rectangle of black. ^^;
    Yeah, I just drew the Easter basket separately, and fit it to the rest of it, forgetting to fix the line width to match.
    I like the pantheon. I would have succumbed to the strange joy of making them each a different alignment, but I am a bag of crazy.
    I probably would have to, if I hadn't chose what they were a god/goddess of before their alignment.
    I also like the hair rings, they took a while to work out. I think three iterations? I made them instead of sleeping last night.
    Well, the lack of sleep seems to have been worth while, since they look good.
    And here is a Xenomorph I just created:
    I have no clue what that is, but it's creepy.

Have the blackguard playing with her kitty.

My PbP Characters:
    Ailian Sunblazer

My Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    Not English; Spanish. El Ingenioso Hidalgo Don Quijote de la Mancha is the most representative work of the Spanish language and a fixture of Spanish speaking countries educational programs as Shakespeare is for English speaking countries.

The Man from La Mancha is an adaptation, a much later one. Since the original was written around 1600 by Cervantes while in jail (the first part) and the second one while trying to get rid of copycats making fanmade versions of a second part (yes 1600s fanfiction which made the author so mad he actually made a second part to screw them all).

But El Quixote is as English as The Tales of Canterbury are Spaniard. The book is ridiculously massive and the original character is insanely complex to the point not even the plays based completely around his personality and not actions manage to fully grasp the character.
    Alright then. Thanks for the info.

I retract my previous statement. Ancient Spanish novels. Not English.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Barbarian in the Playground

Artz:

For Dusk Eclipse, genderbent..
    Spoiler
    Show

For Thattaman, also genderbent.
    Spoiler
    Show

And Thattaman, normal mode:

Spoiler
    Show

This last one is somewhat special, as it is the very first avatar I made with SAI, mostly with a mouse.

No one's ever commented on how I draw hair. Is it alright, or do I need to work on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Nice art Kurien. It's really enyoyable to see how your chars get that shape.

Newest art from me:
    Thanks Zefir. Very nice avvie, just the perfect choice of colours. It reminds of that frost archer hero from LOL.

asdflove: Are all the names in your pantheon just made up with what sounds fitting, or is there some deeper etymology at work here? It's nice to see that you took my suggestion for Henia's portfolio and rolled with it to form an entire family of emotions incarnate.

The skull ornament on the devil-kitty seems too small to be visible at avatar size. Maybe reduce it to a simple red bow, and then have the skull as a larger white fur shaped patch on its hindquarters... a "cutie mark," if you will?

And, is it Easter time already?

AddZable: your nightcreep definitely pushes the creep factor, but without the large ears characteristic of the Giant's goblins, it looks more like a mutated orc.

Kymme: Now that I noticed the windmill, I see the Don Quixote connection. The 17th century isn't quite ancient times though.

Gnomish: For the Paladin, I can't help but feel that I've seen that hair style before... probably in some anime or video game art.

I think the Xenomorph would work better as an avatar if it was proportioned more like a standard OotS character. I would also exaggerate the size of its claws, make them seem really vicious.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ogre in the Playground

Artz:

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

This last one is somewhat special, as it is the very first avatar I made with SAI, mostly with a mouse.

No one's ever commented on how I draw hair. Is it alright, or do I need to work on it?
    Those look really good. I like the genderbent blond.
    Honestly, I LOVE the way you draw hair.

asdflove: Are all the names in your pantheon just made up with what sounds fitting, or is there some deeper etymology at work here? It's nice to see that you took my suggestion for Henia's portfolio and rolled with it to form an entire family of emotions incarnate.

The skull ornament on the devil-kitty seems too small to be visible at avatar size. Maybe reduce it to a simple red bow, and then have the skull as a larger white fur shaped patch on its hindquarters... a "cutie mark," if you will?
    You're the one who suggested hope for Henia? Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. THANK YOU!
    As for the names, just made them up as I went, no deeper meaning hidden here.

... Did you just suggest I give a cat... a cutie mark? I was just considering lessening the detail on it unless it was zoomed in.
    Like so.

Edit:
    Okay, I didn't draw this one. My friend Alex, who doesn't have an account here, asked me to post it here, since its her first OotS work, and she wants a critique.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by asdflove; 2013-02-24 at 02:08 AM.

My PbP Characters:
    Ailian Sunblazer

My Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #320
    Troll in the Playground

I've discovered that when I am getting to the point where I am tired, but can't/don't want to go to sleep, I decide to draw whatever pops into my head. In lieu of rest, I finished one project (champions representing four different extreme alignments) and decided to doodle a character idea for a D&D game, should I ever find myself playing high-level open alignment/no alignment/Evil-friendly games again.

First, two of the champions (the other two are recolors/modifications of things I've already linked):

"Chaotic Evil"

"Lawful Evil"

(here is the quartet of champions, posing like a team)

And last but not least, a catfolk sorcerer!
    Last edited by Derjuin; 2013-02-24 at 03:24 AM.
    Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ogre in the Playground

Artz:

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Good gods above.

To call those avatars great would be an understatement. Those avatars are GORGEOUS, GORGEOUS I SAY! I love the posing and how the proportions are perfect, not like my tall and lanky avatars.

Speaking of tall and lanky avatars, here are two more. They are characters from a novel that my friend is writing.

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #322

Thanks Zefir. Very nice avvie, just the perfect choice of colours. It reminds of that frost archer hero from LOL.
    It is Ashe the Frost Archer. I planned to do at least One OotS avatar for each champ.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

23. - Top - End - #323
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kurien
    In your Pinkie Pie pic, her head seems to have sunken into the top of her breasts. It looks better if you bring the line of her upper torso inwards. My tip to you about stick figure female body shapes is this: the part where the body joins the head, the upper portion of the breasts, should have a width/breadth no greater than the waist.

The soldier guy is not short at all...well, his legs could be just a tiny bit longer. The average human stick figure seems to be about three heads tall, which soldier guy has got covered. I think you can fix the short appearance if you stretched his perfectly circular head slightly upwards, into an elliptical shape. That's a trick I learned while making my sig image.
    I don't know how I missed this before .
    I'll give both of those things a try, though I'm not sure making the soldiers head elliptical will fit. I was thinking of bringing the plates on the sides of his torso further up, to show more leg. *shrug*.

Quote Originally Posted by asdflove

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomish Wanderer
    I assume since you quoted the images by both asdflove and myself, you were speaking to both of us there? I'd love to see your paladin shaded.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurien
    AddZable: your nightcreep definitely pushes the creep factor, but without the large ears characteristic of the Giant's goblins, it looks more like a mutated orc.
    I noticed this and fixed it, though was too lazy to post it up until I had another avvie done. Now that I do, it's below and fixed.
    Also, if I may say, You're my favorite oots artist here on the playground, followed Closely by Crimson Angel. Kind of sad that I haven't seen anything from him in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Derjuin
    First, two of the champions (the other two are recolors/modifications of things I've already linked):
    See, this is what I meant previously about it not being up to your usual standards. The "Chaotic Evil" one is simply magnificent. I didn't like the Lawful Evil one at all, at first, as I could not see what was going on due to how dark it was. Once I highlighted it though, I saw that it too, is terrific. I think you could really do to make the armor lighter though, otherwise it's next to impossible to see the lines on the armor. It just looks black.

Quote Originally Posted by Kymme
    Good gods above.

To call those avatars great would be an understatement. Those avatars are GORGEOUS, GORGEOUS I SAY! I love the posing and how the proportions are perfect, not like my tall and lanky avatars.

Speaking of tall and lanky avatars, here are two more. They are characters from a novel that my friend is writing.
    This. Also: I like your "death", Kymme. Keep it up.

Now for my stuff. First, the Nightcreep Goblin, v2

Then the avatar I did for Hyena. Why is it that I notice the mistakes AFTER I upload it? Such as the goblins ears, or that the gnolls robe doesn't have a "back" at the bottom. Grrrr.
    Last edited by AddZable; 2013-02-24 at 07:59 AM.
    This is awesome and everyone should watch it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCVukDiRsNs
    Not my video, and if it was, I'd be much more epic than I am.
    I tend to disappear off the internet sometimes. I apologize if I inconvenience you.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Troll in the Playground

Edit:
    Okay, I didn't draw this one. My friend Alex, who doesn't have an account here, asked me to post it here, since its her first OotS work, and she wants a critique.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Let me guess, she based it off of yours? Cause that's what it looks like. I must say, however, that it's good, but it might be easier for her to do this in Inkscape.
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ogre in the Playground

Here are two more Avatars, both requests by people on this forum and the Rule of Cool Boards.

And now, for you viewing pleasure, I present to you two lovely ladies:

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #326
    Troll in the Playground

Here's my latest, I'll see about a large version later, but I was basing it of Gnomish's style and I'm aiming to use it in part of a larger project.
    Last edited by Cuthalion; 2013-02-26 at 11:53 AM.
    Show
    You're my favorite.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

27. - Top - End - #327
    Pixie in the Playground

This is one of my drawings (also on deviantart) of the Pathfinder group I'm in (my first try at the game, too), with two versions: my own variant of OotS style, and an attempt to mimic the original more accurately. Although, the elves' genders aren't as ambiguous as those in the comic.

The eye placement, size, or something seems off to me, but I tried

EDIT: the characters are, Vyndir/Elf Sorcerer, Rylonna/Elf Ranger, Nuth/Drow Alchemist (mine), and Kharad/Human fighter.
    Last edited by spruce56; 2013-02-26 at 08:25 PM.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Troll in the Playground

Apart from the cloak, I'd just stick with "your" style. Almost nobody keeps it that simple. Anyway, good job. The eyes are a bit weird, the right one is too tall and skinny. Otherwise, I likee.
    EDIT:Oh, and try rounding the ends of lines. It helps.
    Last edited by Cuthalion; 2013-02-26 at 09:44 PM.
    Show
    You're my favorite.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ogre in the Playground

Big issue: Body length. The guy on the far right has a body that's too long in comparison to his legs. I'd recommend shortening it a bit to keep it proportioned.

Also, positioning of arms. The same guy and th elf on the far left both look like the arms are coming out of the torso (while right in humans, in OotS Style they usually come out of the intersection of the head and the torso.)

Look into it, your art is quite good already, just polish it.
    Last edited by Crimmy : Tomorrow at 26:72 DM.

Spoiler
    Show

Iron Avatarist has gone on hiatus. Give me your feedback, please
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #330
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Crimmy View Post
    Big issue: Body length. The guy on the far right has a body that's too long in comparison to his legs. I'd recommend shortening it a bit to keep it proportioned.

Also, positioning of arms. The same guy and th elf on the far left both look like the arms are coming out of the torso (while right in humans, in OotS Style they usually come out of the intersection of the head and the torso.)

Look into it, your art is quite good already, just polish it.
    Good to know, thanks - their proportions are partly based off their relative heights, and I made the 6'4 fighter longer, to reflect his tallness, if that makes any sense. Easy to adjust.

Under the sleeves/pauldrons, the arms should be connecting at the head/body intersection, but I'll go back and check
    Last edited by spruce56; 2013-02-26 at 10:36 PM.