New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default [D&D 3.5 Event] "Dreams coming true..."

During the duration of a campaign, at random intervals (Basically whenever the DM feels like it), he can roll a d100. On the roll of a 100, during the next in game night, a Shooting Star shoots overhead of the realm in which the PC's are currently in. ANY creature that sees it immediately is granted a wish as the Limited Wish spell. This event can only take place once per campaign year.

__________________________________________________ _________________

If anyone gets the horror that can occur during this, I challenge you to pull this out immediately. No random roll. Just say, "A Shooting Star comets overhead. Make a wish." Watch the whole world change.
    And watch the carnage start.
    I am an Oxymoron. Calm, cheery, deadly, furious.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: [D&D 3.5 Event] "Dreams coming true..."

Quote Originally Posted by Lohj View Post
    During the duration of a campaign, at random intervals (Basically whenever the DM feels like it), he can roll a d100. On the roll of a 100, during the next in game night, a Shooting Star shoots overhead of the realm in which the PC's are currently in. ANY creature that sees it immediately is granted a wish as the Limited Wish spell. This event can only take place once per campaign year.

__________________________________________________ _________________

If anyone gets the horror that can occur during this, I challenge you to pull this out immediately. No random roll. Just say, "A Shooting Star comets overhead. Make a wish." Watch the whole world change.
    And watch the carnage start.

Not really a good idea. One wish, even if limited, per year would just make for a mess of a campaign world, and not in a good way. Change it to mimicking a wish spell and make it an event that happens once per century, and this could make a good campaign seed.
    Newest Work: Pyromancer - My submission for Base Class Contest X
    Vote here.

Awesome Quotes:

Quote Originally Posted by chess435 View Post
    May Chuck Norris smile upon you.

Finall got an Extended Homebrew Signature, courtesy of Cipherthe3vil

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pyromancer999 View Post
    Not really a good idea. One wish, even if limited, per year would just make for a mess of a campaign world, and not in a good way. Change it to mimicking a wish spell and make it an event that happens once per century, and this could make a good campaign seed.
    I like your idea better. Maybe make it like:
    A star crashes to earth, and the first creature to claim it immediately gains a single Limited Wish/Wish. And, yeah, once per century. Or something, cuz who really logs the timeline your in EXCEPT when it's having to do with someone's heritage.
    Hmm...
    Going to add more soon.
    I am an Oxymoron. Calm, cheery, deadly, furious.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lohj View Post
    I like your idea better. Maybe make it like:
    A star crashes to earth, and the first creature to claim it immediately gains a single Limited Wish/Wish. And, yeah, once per century. Or something, cuz who really logs the timeline your in EXCEPT when it's having to do with someone's heritage.
    Hmm...
    Going to add more soon.
    Yeah. Alternatively, it could be the first person in each town/region to see it. That way, a party could go around and try to deal with star-wish-related phenomena, to an end that you decide.
    Newest Work: Pyromancer - My submission for Base Class Contest X
    Vote here.

Awesome Quotes:

Quote Originally Posted by chess435 View Post
    May Chuck Norris smile upon you.

Finall got an Extended Homebrew Signature, courtesy of Cipherthe3vil