New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Theme music for two potential antagonists in a pirate campaign

Yes, quite a few music threads lately. That is what happens when you're supposed to study for a test and your mind keeps trying to find distractions...

Anyway, my party started a pirate campaign recently, and there will be two NPCs there, who they might ally with or run against. (or do something entirely different, them being bloody murderous inconsiderate wretches!)

And so I wish to give them some theme music. There is a third antagonist in the picture, but she already has her... special list

Who are the guys? right!

1) First of is Red Beard. In a way this guy is a total cliche of a pirate (As you can see in the pic)
    Spoiler
    Show

The guy is a notorious pirate, well known, both for his courage, daring, but also volatile nature and getting into damn serious trouble. He is a witch (in D&D terms a blasty fire sorcerer) with many tricks up his sleeves, and bountiful of luck to follow (good and bad). If it matters, he is a Wild Mage, a sort of student of chaos.

He represents unpredictability, courage, and all kind of good piraty goodness.
    what songs do you think would befit him?

You are a pirate, Alestorm (thanks to Man on Fire)- a bit silly, but might be fine.
    Death thores of the terror squid, Alestorm
    Revenge of Captain Morgan, Alestorm

2) The second id Father James Arguile, an inquisitor and sort of unofficial special lawman from The Empire (a big oppressive colonial force). He has a few ships at his disposal, along with quite a skilled crew.

Spoiler
    Show

Arguile is corrently hunting for Red Beard. He is a bit more complex, but not by much. He is a man of religion, but does not tend to preach it but rather lead by example. He has excellent skills and powers of discovery and location. He has some martial training, mostly as a leader and witch hunter. He is one of the not many people in the setting that has learned the use of fire arms to a good degree, and he boast a well made double musket. He tends to be cautious, pedantic, gracious if possible, but once on the hunt- ruthless in his pursuit.

Currently I'm thinking of building him a song list that draws from The Good, The Bad and the Ugly, and Leon the Professional. some examples follow.

Fuga A Cavallo
    Inseguimento
    Fatman

What of your suggestions?

(search word: piratewitch)
    Last edited by Kol Korran; 2012-08-11 at 02:48 AM.

1. Special projects:
    Campaign logs archive, Campaign planning log, Tactical mass combat Homebrew, A unique monsters compendium.
    2. My campaign logs:
    Three from a GM's POV, One from a player's POV. Very detailed, including design and GMing discussions.
    3. Various roleplay and real life musings and anecdotes:
    For those interested, from serious to funny!

Thanks for reading!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Banned

Goblin

Default Re: Theme music for two potential antagonists in a pirate campaign

Readbeard couldn't be easier. Lets start with You are a pirate, then go to Keelhauled and Wolves Of The Sea and then you just play Alestorm whenever the guy appears. You can also throw in some Vodka for good measure.

Now, the other guy....

Fang
    Dragon Slayer
    Time Alter

3. - Top - End - #3
    Halfling in the Playground

Wish I could like that above post!

Hunting Pirates maybe?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Man on Fire View Post
    Readbeard couldn't be easier. Lets start with You are a pirate, then go to Keelhauled and Wolves Of The Sea and then you just play Alestorm whenever the guy appears. You can also throw in some Vodka for good measure.

Now, the other guy....

Fang
    Dragon Slayer
    Time Alter
    Thanks for Alestorm. You are a pirate might work well. I liked the other songs less for Red Beard, but i found others from Alestorm that fitted fine, thanks! (Added to the first post)

As for Father James: Fang and Dragon slayer are too bombastic and fast paced for what i have in mind for him. he is generally a more of a "silent cool guy" type of guy. Check my suggestions. Time alter is slightly too bizarre for him. sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Zilant View Post
    Wish I could like that above post!

Hunting Pirates maybe?
    Interesting song, a good beat, but... doesn't quite fit what i'm looking for. Sorry.

Anyone else?

1. Special projects:
    Campaign logs archive, Campaign planning log, Tactical mass combat Homebrew, A unique monsters compendium.
    2. My campaign logs:
    Three from a GM's POV, One from a player's POV. Very detailed, including design and GMing discussions.
    3. Various roleplay and real life musings and anecdotes:
    For those interested, from serious to funny!

Thanks for reading!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

The Pirate Ship Theme from Zelda: Wind Waker might be good for Red Beard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nryXqGAUE5Q