New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 51 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1503
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: She Blinded Me with Science! (Magitek That Doesn't Make Me Cry Myself To Sleep)

Quote Originally Posted by Volthawk View Post
    Emphasis mine.
    Ah! Thank you. I would say you are destroyed. My reasoning is that you can't re-use a sunmetal bomb. So even if you protect yourself, I don't think you can survive blowing yourself up.

Quote Originally Posted by Necroticplague View Post
    You don't have to make that giant check all at once. You free to reduce its density by a smaller amount multiple times. Although, looking at that raises a question for me: when it says the density is "altered by a factor", does that means it's added/ subtracted (so getting a result of one is pretty much useless), or is it multiplied/divided (in which case getting a one is very useful, since this results in a factor of 1/10).
    Oh, you're right! One of the lower-level principles only lets you have one applied at a time, so it has to be all in one check. This doesn't have that, though. That's good… you can get stuff really light this way. Thanks for clearing that up. And it would be multiplied or divided. One check of 100 gets me 1/10 the weight. Two checks of 50 would be much better- 1/25 the original weight.

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: She Blinded Me with Science! (Magitek That Doesn't Make Me Cry Myself To Sleep)

Quote Originally Posted by QuidEst View Post
    Ah! Thank you. I would say you are destroyed. My reasoning is that you can't re-use a sunmetal bomb. So even if you protect yourself, I don't think you can survive blowing yourself up.

Oh, you're right! One of the lower-level principles only lets you have one applied at a time, so it has to be all in one check. This doesn't have that, though. That's good… you can get stuff really light this way. Thanks for clearing that up. And it would be multiplied or divided. One check of 100 gets me 1/10 the weight. Two checks of 50 would be much better- 1/25 the original weight.
    In that case, if it multiplied/divided, a really high check and a really low check are the same. Instead of getting 100 and dividing by 10, rolling a 1 and multiplying by 1/10 give the same results.
    Last edited by Necroticplague; 2013-01-09 at 09:46 PM.

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Firbolg in the Playground

I thought that you add or subtract and that it works like the following:
    Roll Result 1 = ±1/10 lb.
    Roll Result 10 = ±1 lb.
    Roll Result 20 = ±2 lb.
    Roll Result 100 = ±10 lb.
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Milo v3 View Post
    I thought that you add or subtract and that it works like the following:
    Roll Result 1 = ±1/10 lb.
    Roll Result 10 = ±1 lb.
    Roll Result 20 = ±2 lb.
    Roll Result 100 = ±10 lb.
    That would allow for 0 and negative weight.
    (member in good standing of the troll-feeder's guild)

I am the assassin of productivity.

Super boss Muscle Wizard avvie by Ceika.

gitp extended sig
    minmaxboards extended sig (more stuff)

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Troll in the Playground

In that case, if it multiplied/divided, a really high check and a really low check are the same. Instead of getting 100 and dividing by 10, rolling a 1 and multiplying by 1/10 give the same results.
    No, not according to the wording. You can change it by a factor up to 1/10 of your roll. A roll of one is useless- whether you multiply or divide, you are changing it by a factor of 10, which is greater than 1/10. (You may be using the 1/10, but you're also changing it by a factor of 10.) The wording there could use some clearing up to avoid that, and possibly to limit continued doubling or halving with a result of 20. (If it is the intent to require high rolls for large changes.)

6. - Top - End - #1026

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Milo v3 View Post
    a) I'd say replace rather than add.
    b) You can reduce the weight of the metal before it becomes biostructure using Alchemetry.
    a) As far as I know, half of your body mass being taken away (regardless of what half you remove) would be fatal. Your organs wouldn't function as they should if turned into biostructure.

b) Not by enough for the average humanoid.

B edit: ... except for all the explaining everyone just said. Are we sure the second application uses the new weight, not the original? I thought original.
    Last edited by Omnicrat; 2013-01-11 at 02:48 AM.

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Omnicrat View Post
    a) As far as I know, half of your body mass being taken away (regardless of what half you remove) would be fatal. Your organs wouldn't function as they should if turned into biostructure.
    Two counterpoints:
    1: You can survive in the technical sense without any of your limbs, as long as bleeding is stopped. Fortunately, a little over 50% of all body weight is in the limbs, so you could, indeed, lose over 50% of your body mass and still survive. Plus, even getting into the core, their are many muscles used only for movement, and aren't strictly necessary (in fact, some people have deformities that make them lack those muscles, with the only effect being an odd restriction of movement, like "can't raise arms over their head").

2.Are we sure organs would stop functioning if it became biostructure? A sword still cuts as well when its biostructure, and a wall still supports when its biostructure,and armor still protects you (arguably better, since its not as likely to break), so why wouldn't organs continue doing whatever when turned to biostructure?

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Troll in the Playground

2.Are we sure organs would stop functioning if it became biostructure? A sword still cuts as well when its biostructure, and a wall still supports when its biostructure,and armor still protects you (arguably better, since its not as likely to break), so why wouldn't organs continue doing whatever when turned to biostructure?
    I'm fairly sure. Your organs will now need to breathe in addition to requiring blood for oxygen. If you want it animated, it will now also need to eat in addition to requiring blood to provide nutrients. Furthermore, assuming this works, you now have organs with their own HD. The next fireball will kill your organs, which you are dependent on. If you want grafts, you can:
    1) Cut off limbs and design the chassis to attach to the stump
    2) Play Xenoalchemist
    3) Play Graughtsman

B edit: ... except for all the explaining everyone just said. Are we sure the second application uses the new weight, not the original? I thought original.
    No, we're not. I don't think it should, RA(my)I. But RAW, it doesn't say to use the original.
    Last edited by QuidEst; 2013-01-11 at 02:59 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Titan in the Playground

I'm fairly sure.

1.Your organs will now need to breathe in addition to requiring blood for oxygen.
    2. If you want it animated, it will now also need to eat in addition to requiring blood to provide nutrients. Furthermore, assuming this works, you now have organs with their own HD.
    3.The next fireball will kill your organs, which you are dependent on. If you want grafts, you can:
    O.k., taking this point by point:
    1. You could very well say that the organ normally breaths by getting the gasses through the blood stream, and will continue to do so after conversion into biomass.
    2. Why the heck would you animate your own organs? Irregardless, this is answered pretty similarly to the above question, it normally eats by absorbing nutrients from the blood stream, and will continue to do so.
    3. Except for the fact that your body will interrupt line of sight and line of effect to your internals, making them untargetable unless you come across a psionic user with Burrowing Power and a ring of x-ray vision.

Edit: I just realized this was all a moot point anyway, because you can't target just part of a creature with BOIY101 anyway.
    Last edited by Necroticplague; 2013-01-11 at 03:25 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm fairly sure. Your organs will now need to breathe in addition to requiring blood for oxygen. If you want it animated, it will now also need to eat in addition to requiring blood to provide nutrients. Furthermore, assuming this works, you now have organs with their own HD. The next fireball will kill your organs, which you are dependent on. If you want grafts, you can:
    1) Cut off limbs and design the chassis to attach to the stump
    2) Play Xenoalchemist
    3) Play Graughtsman

No, we're not. I don't think it should, RA(my)I. But RAW, it doesn't say to use the original.
    Technically, your internal organs would have full cover from area spells and effects. This full cover would be you.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

11. - Top - End - #1031

Zombie

What is the best storage device possible?
    Barring actual batteries.

Is it possible to simply loop ebbs through an Array that generates/loses a net of 0 Ebbs and keep it running indefinitely.
    With both a way of inputting from the real generator and an output to release the Ebbs.
    <-- Give the zombie a hug. You know you want too. It's so lonely.

I have quit Giantitp. I may be back but not anytime soon
    Sorry everyone

12. - Top - End - #1032

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Anecronwashere View Post
    What is the best storage device possible?
    Barring actual batteries.

Is it possible to simply loop ebbs through an Array that generates/loses a net of 0 Ebbs and keep it running indefinitely.
    With both a way of inputting from the real generator and an output to release the Ebbs.
    Its possible to make systems like this that produce new ebbs on their own. An old system of mine that got removed due to utter brokenness involved one lightout with hundreds or thousands of lightins. While that system no longer works, there are still many infinite increasing ebb generators. Battery and factory all rolled into one!

13. - Top - End - #1033

Zombie

Yes I know.
    But I want a stable one because of an array I'm thinking of making.

If I store it all cycling (mostly to save money from all the Orrichalum Id need to generate or whatever) I can keep it at a constant level.
    Then I can simply dump the whole thing into a series of SilverOut Telekinesis set to move the small rocks I set SilverIns, Filters etc. on to make a turtle mode for my battleship, (and optionally if I can get enough generators to provide backups to switch them if broken down)

And I don't want wastage, I'm OCD like that but I'd rather simply not generate or bleed off the extra Ebbs in storage than watch it go to waste when I activate the thing.

If I just hook a generator array up then I'd need to devote that section which would likely take more than a battery Array. But by making it via a battery Array I can have my generators only divert power to it when it needs recharging (set Logic Circuit so I divert Puissance into the Battery Array when below X Ebbs, otherwise work into my backup power supply running through the ship)

Also is there any way to make an EI control more than a 25ft radius? ie. hook multiple Circuits together so EIs make logical decisions over all of them

Sorry everyone

14. - Top - End - #1034

BardGuy

Yes I know.
    But I want a stable one because of an array I'm thinking of making.

If I store it all cycling (mostly to save money from all the Orrichalum Id need to generate or whatever) I can keep it at a constant level.
    Then I can simply dump the whole thing into a series of SilverOut Telekinesis set to move the small rocks I set SilverIns, Filters etc. on to make a turtle mode for my battleship, (and optionally if I can get enough generators to provide backups to switch them if broken down)

And I don't want wastage, I'm OCD like that but I'd rather simply not generate or bleed off the extra Ebbs in storage than watch it go to waste when I activate the thing.

If I just hook a generator array up then I'd need to devote that section which would likely take more than a battery Array. But by making it via a battery Array I can have my generators only divert power to it when it needs recharging (set Logic Circuit so I divert Puissance into the Battery Array when below X Ebbs, otherwise work into my backup power supply running through the ship)

Also is there any way to make an EI control more than a 25ft radius? ie. hook multiple Circuits together so EIs make logical decisions over all of them
    You could always use your excess ebbs for lighting or a sustained positive energy field inside your battle cruiser. When you enter combat mode, the lighting dims and the positive energy field either goes away or gets reduced... or stays up to heal biostructure armor. Probably that second one. Still, dimmed lighting as a signal for entering battle and a way to sate your ocd seems good. Hm... if you have your crew all be undead, you could have a negative energy field that also helps against boarding parties. Can biostructure be undead? OH! Why can't we select which two energy types heal/harm? Like healed by fire but extra hurt by water?

15. - Top - End - #1035

Zombie

If you could designate a vulnerability to water damage everyone would take it
    Considering there isn't any such damage type

The ship isn't built traditionally. I'm trying to abuse as much of semispace as I can, so even if there is an inside (and not just 10x cycles of all Filters, then as many Generators as I can stuff into Semispaces filling that area) about 1/2 of the inhabitable part will be planetside (and airtight, not to mention very well defended) and using Semispace to make non-euclidean hallways and rooms (with the Always-Go-Right/Left option leading straight to a prison made entirely of Purple Filter (except the door which slides down at the start of the hallways and moves down to catch the whole team))

I could switch it so if there is a positive charging make a connection into the main power grid to power misc stuff. Thanks

It would end up something like this:
    --------IxxI---Defense Mode
    IxxxxxxxIxxI
    IxxxxxxxI--O--Main power
    I-------I
    I
    I
    Input from original generator

xs are empty space. The box is the battery. O is the connection point
    Input comes in. Logical Decision to not send more Ebbs in when it has X Ebbs
    If Ebbs inBattery >= X+1 create connection and pass excess Ebbs into the connection point
    If Ebbs in Battery < X+1 stop sending Puissant to the Connection Point

Connection: If Turtle-Mode Activated send all Puissant to Defense Mode
    If Turtle-Mode not Activated do not send any Puissant to Defense Mode
    If Turtle-Mode not Activated send all Puisant to Main Power
    If Turtle-Mode Activated do not send any Puissant to Defense Mode

Depending on size of battery I could make the same EI in Battery and Connection Mode

Sorry everyone

16. - Top - End - #1036
    Ettin in the Playground

This is a really cool concept/class/prc!

As a chemical engineer (and as an industrial engineer) I approve!

First of all let me congratulate Kellus and everyone who contributed during this 35 pages long thread. You made an awesome accomplishment this class is so... awesome. I cannot pick only one specialization, it leads me to want to play it, so many times, one after another, it is really really cool.

Some questions/ideas to see if they would work.

Can a high level biollurgist / graughtsman (with mad surgeon feat, to be able to attach two grafts of the head slot) with the help of an alchemetrist create a chasis, turn into gold, and then into a GoldInput ARCD transformer, with a nimbus of light graft (from the xenoalchemist's graft) with knowledge of how to make WoodOutput ARCD and HEUR 101 (to link itself to circuits).

Basically it is a creature that emits light and processes it into ebbs.

Could said creature, let's call it "maintenance wasp" have the instinct to go to batteries and just connect itself there?

Could someone create a circuit with a SilverOutput that periodically casts Darsson's Fiery Furnace (60 C) into an IceInput. How would that work? Which effect takes precedence? At which rate are the ebbs produced?
    Last edited by thethird; 2013-01-12 at 06:57 AM.

17. - Top - End - #1037
    Titan in the Playground

an EI can control anything connected to its circuit. I've found that imachinations are useful for expanding circuits.Like "A fake image of the floor half an inch above the actual one" would allow you to connect everything on the ground in a circuit within the radius of the illusions. You can add more illusions to use as conjunction points, or different illusions for different situations (to deal with moving biostructures, they're connected by an adaptive rope).

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Barbarian in the Playground

Alright, let's give this a whirl:

The Dementianeer

Requirements: To become a Dementianeer, you must fulfill all of the following requirements.
    Gramarie: Any two Principles
    Skills: Knowledge (The Planes): 8 ranks
    Special: Must have the Strange Anatomy class feature.

Hit Die: d8
    Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 4 + Int modifier

Class Skills: The Dementianeer's class skills are Autohypnosis (Wis), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disguise (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Forgery (Int), Heal (Wis), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (dungeoneering) (Int), Knowledge (the planes) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Search (Int), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), Swim (Str), Tumble (Dex), and Use Magic Device (Cha)

The Dementianeer
    {table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special |
    Principles

1st|+0|+0|+0|+2|Manifest Form, Mad Science (Alchemetry)|
    +0

2nd|+1|+0|+0|+3|Mad Science (Biollurgy)|
    +1

3rd|+2|+1|+1|+3|Strange Movement, Mad Science (Eldrikinetics)|
    +2

4th|+3|+1|+1|+4|Swallow Whole, Mad Science (Yggdratecture)|
    +3

5th|+3|+1|+1|+4|Mad Science (Geoccultism), Gramaric Discovery|
    +3

6th|+4|+2|+2|+5|Mad Science (Heuristicism)|
    +4

7th|+5|+2|+2|+5|Mad Science (Imachination)|
    +5

8th|+6/+1|+2|+2|+6|Mad Science (Arcanodynamics)|
    +6

9th|+6/+1|+3|+3|+6|Mad Science (Kaleidomantics)|
    +6

10th|+7/+2|+3|+3|+7|Mad Science (Apotheosis), Gramaric Discovery|
    +7

[/table]

All of the following are class features of the Dementianeer.

Weapon and Armour Proficiencies: As a dementianeer, you gain no additional weapon or armour proficiencies.

Manifest Form (Ex): Dementianeer levels stack with Ozodrin Levels for the Manifest Form ability and features available.

Form Points: The dementianeer gains 2 Form Points per level.

Principles of Gramary: You continue to advance your study of gramarie. At 2nd level, and again whenever indicated on the class table, you learn a new principle of gramarie that you qualify for. At 5th level you gain access to Magisterial-level principles.

Mad Science (Ex): At each level indicated, you gain an ability fusing your otherworldy nature with the science you have dedicated yourself to.

Alchemetry: The penalty from Aberrant Feats to Diplomacy does not apply to checks made to prepare Alchemetry principles. In addition, you gain the following augment to all features that grant natural attacks:

Alchemical Feature:
    Cost: 5 form points
    Benefit: When you shape this augment, choose a special weapon material. The feature this augment is applied to is treated as being made of that material for all purposes.
    Special: This augment may only be applied a number of times to a particular feature equal to the number of ALCH principles you know.

Biollurgy: When you create a Biollurgical Chassis, you may choose to replace one of the available grafts with a number of features equal to the number of BIOL principles you know. In order to do so, you must sacrifice half again as many form points as it would cost to shape those features. The combined cost of the features cannot exceed your Charisma modifier. You may also apply this ability to stationary Biostructure. To remove or change features so placed, you must be in contact with the structure or chassis.

Eldrikinetics: You gain the Strange Movement class feature, as the Ozodrin. Dementianeer levels and Ozodrin levels stack to determine the maximum distance traveled each day, as well as to determine the limitations of the feature. You gain five additional feet of Strange Movement for every ELDR principle you know.

Yggdratecture: You gain the Swallow Whole class feature, as the Ozodrin, if you did not already have it. In addition, the size of your Primary Stomach, as well as any Stomachs you form with the stomach feature, double in size. This does not affect the Large Stomach augment. Note that any class that progresses Manifest Form also increases stomach size.

Geoccultism: You may place a single Geoccult Pole inside of your Primary Stomach. This affects the entirety of your stomach, and any other stomachs you form. The basic effects of the pole are powered by your internal systems, and you need only pay material or ebb costs for terrain and climate features placed within. In addition, if you have GEO 323, you may incorporate an additional metal type into a pole.

Heuristicism: You and any separate features formed by you can be included in heuristic circuits as other forms of Gramary. Such separate features may be controlled through the circuit as logical decisions.

Imachination: You gain the benefits of the Live My Nightmare feat, even if you do not meet the prerequisites. The save DC for the effect is equal to the save DC for your Manifest Form, although feats such as Ability Focus affect them separately. If you gain the Sinister Image class feature, all your Imachination images count as images of you, no matter the actual sensory output. In addition, the first time any creature encounters a particular Imachination construction of yours, they make a Will save, at the same DC as your features. If they fail, the image becomes a phantasm for them, and they percieve all the appropriate sensory input, thus preventing any sensory mismatch. Fundamental Disconnects are still possible. If the creature succeeds on their saving throw, they continue as before, none the wiser, but cannot be subjected to this ability again for the same Imachination construction.

Arcanodynamics: You gain access to the following augment to the Flesh feature:

Voltaic Flesh:
    Cost 6: A flesh with this augment may hold a number of ebbs equal to your CHA mod. This augmet may only be applied to a skin once. Any affects of the flesh that would produce nourishment (e.x., Energy Consuming Flesh, Magic Eating Flesh) may instead at you option produce one ebb per pound of food/gallon of water the nourishment is considered. If the flesh is also a Regenerative flesh, you may use one ebb in place of a pound of food. You may use up one ebb to be considered to have consumed a pound of food and drank a gallon of water for purposes of avoiding dehydration and starvation. Multiple Voltaic Flesh do stack when determining total capacity, but you cannot use up ebbs from more than one voltaic flesh in a round (you're free to absorb ebbs to multiple Voltaic Flesh in a round, however).

Kaleidomantics: When you create a Kaleidomantic Filter, you may choose for the substance it blocks to be transported instead to the interior of one of your stomachs. This can only affect a number of filters equal to the number of KALD principles you know. In addition, you may place a single Special Eye on each of the same number of filters. They cannot see, but the effect of their gaze emanates from the filter, affecting creatures who see it as normal.

Apotheosis: You have attained the height of your abilities, and your scientific and extracosmological abilities fuse in disturbing harmony. You gain the Construct type and the Aberrant Construct subtype.

Gramaric Discovery (Ex): At 5th and 10th levels, you gain a Gramaric Discovery from the list associated with your specialization. This does not provide any benefit if you do not have a specialization.

Thanks, Necropticplague, for the help on this. Your input was valuable, as you can see.
    Last edited by Gideon Falcon; 2013-02-08 at 04:32 PM.
    It's a falcon. Wearing a Fedora. Your argument is irrelevant.
    Official Member of the No Cussing Club

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Ogre in the Playground

Eager to see your revamp for the class

MASSIVE EDIT:

Since it has become apparent that the Min/Max forum will not be back up for a while I matter as well post some fixes that I figured for the Chrononaut a while back, but never got to implement. Tell me your thoughts

Yes, I was inspired to do this by the guy above me, now shush!

Spoiler
    Show
    The Chrononaut

"Time is money... Actually Time is the non-spatial continuum in which events occur linearly usually in the direction of increasing entropy"

image credit JessiBeans of deviantart.com

The Chrononaut are explorers first and foremost who explore not just singular locations in the multiverse, but multiple moments in that same multiverse. Most people spend their entire lives trying to find a Chrononaut only to never encounter one, however on rare occasions they select a very lucky person to travel with them throughout time and space.

Requirements: To become a Chrononaut you must meet all of the following requirements.
    Gramarie: Polarcane Geometry and Any 1 YGGD & Atypical Ballistics any 1 ELDK Principles
    Skills: Concentration 13 ranks, Forgery 13 ranks
    Specialization: Must be specialized in Yggdratecture or Eldrikinetics

Hit Die: d4
    Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 6 + Int modifer

Class Skills: A Chrononaut's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Appraise (Int), Autohypnosis (Wis), Bluff (Cha), Concentration (Con), Decipher Script (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disable Device (Int), Forgery (Int), Gather Information (Cha), Heal (Wis), Knowledge (arcana) (Int), Knowledge (architecture and engineering) (Int), Knowledge (dungeoneering) (Int), Knowledge (nature) (Int), Knowledge (the Planes) (Int), Knowledge (psionics) (Int), Knowledge (religion) (Int), Listen (Wis), Open Lock (Dex), Perform (Cha), Profession (Wis), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Spot (Wis), and Use Magic Device (Cha).

The Chrononaut
    {table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Principles|Bonus Principles

1st|
    +0
    |
    +2
    |
    +0
    |
    +2
    |Yggdrakinetic Applications, Journey (Seconds)|+0|+1|

2nd|
    +1
    |
    +3
    |
    +0
    |
    +3
    |Journey (Hours), ETT (Heal)|+1|+1|

3rd|
    +1
    |
    +3
    |
    +1
    |
    +3
    |Journey (Days), ETT (Open Locks)|+2|+1|

4th|
    +2
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    |
    +4
    |Journey (Months), ETT (Gramarie), Doctorate principles|+3|+2|

5th|
    +2
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    |
    +4
    |Journey (Years), ETT (Fantastic!), Temporal Casualty|+4|+3|[/table]

All of the following are class features of the Chrononaut.

Weapon and Armour Proficiencies: As a Chrononaut, you gain no additional weapon or armor proficiencies.

Yggdrakinetic Application: A Chononaut specializes in the transportation of objects and people across time and space, through the combined applications of Yggdratecture Semi-spaces and Eldrikinetic Engines. Upon entering this prestige class you are treated as if you specialized in both Yggdratecture and Eldrikinetics disciplines, can select specialist and doctorate level principles from either of these disciplines. In addition to this, at 1st, 4th and 5th level you gain access to one bonus principle that must be spent on either an Eldrikinetic or Yggdratecture principle.

• At 1st level you may select between Incongruous Pathways or Unnatural Propulsion.
    • At 4th level you may select between Uncanny Cosmology or Strange Locomotion.
    • At 5th level you may select between Abstruse Causality or Immaterial Travel.

Journey (Su): A Chrononaut's particular research into Eldrikinetic Engines and Yggratecture Semi-space finally enlightens them to discover a cheap and effective method of travel to anywhere... or when...

• At 1st level, you discover an interesting feature of Polarcane Geometry gaining access to the Time Flux
      Spoiler
      Show
      Time:This kind of Flux has a different flow of time then normal proportional to the amount of Push traveling or generated inside the Flux. By generating 100 Push inside a Time Flux you allow the contents of the bubble to exist 1 round/100 push into the future. This functions exactly like a Double Time Demiplane except in size. Living creatures cannot travel through a Time Flux. Push does not generate motion while inside a Time Flux.

• At 2nd level, you discover the method for creating Time Rooms. By creating a Semi-space and then tethering a Time Flux inside of it you create a special Time Room that exist on a 4th dimensional plane of existance. This Time Room functions as a Time Flux, however it allows for living creatures and you may instead exert twice the amount of Push to travel through hours instead of rounds (1 hour/200 Push).
    • At 3rd level, you learn how to connect two different Time streams together through the Incongruous Pathways Principle. In addition to this you learn how to exert more control over a Time Flux. By supplying more Push to a Time Flux you can travel forwards by days instead of hours or rounds (1 day/300 Push). You may use any amount of Push generated to achieve travel to a specific point in time (For example: 300 Push, 200 of which would be used to travel forward by 1 hour and 100 of which will be used to travel 1 round).
    • At 4th level, you make an astounding discovery in the field of Yggdratecture and Eldrikinetic temporal applications, gaining a mastery over 4th dimensional perception. You are now able to travel backwards in time as well as forwards, however traveling backwards in time might create a Time Paradox at which point you are vulnerable to inducing the Blinovich Limitation Effect which states:

• "The Universe does not allow Paradox, and will attempt to repair damage invoked by Paradoxes by any means necessary. Small changes to details can be executed with relative ease, thanks to faulty and fickle memory and records. Most often the Universe will adjust for the Paradox created through any number of means, most predominantly in causing another, less significant figure to step in and take that role to fulfill the event in question.

An example of this would be traveling back in time to assassinate an important figure before they become relevant. The Universe would simply create a double of that person continuously until that person fulfills there fate.

Creating a Predestination Paradox (such as meeting yourself in the past and giving yourself foreknowledge or any attempt to do so) is also against the Universes wishes as well. As such, the parties meeting will invariable forget there entire meeting and all traces of said meeting will vanish immediately thereafter. However, traveling back in time as you are about to die to show your past self your dead body is acceptable as no detailed information is granted from either party beyond the fact that you are about to die.

In addition to this new found access to the entirety of Time you discover methods of enhancing your Time Fluxes. You may now now travel to Months in addition to Days, Hours and Rounds by supplying a greater amount of Push (400Push/Month).

• At 5th level you possess a complete Mastery of Time. Whenever you are in a Time Flux that is inside a Semi-Space that is Tether to an object of your bulk rating or greater. You may connect a Planejumping Engine if you have access to the Immaterial Travel Principle. In addition to functioning as a standard Planejumping Engine you may also have it replicate the effects of a Greater Teleport at the same cost. Also, by supplying an extreme amount of push into a Time Flux, you can travel years in addition to Months, Days, Hours, and Rounds (500/Push/Year).

ETT (Emergency Temporal Tools) (Su): You have developed a number of tools that assist you in your explorations of Time. At 2nd level you may take 10 on any heal check to stabilize a dying character as a Full-Round action. At 3rd level you may replicate a Knock or an Arcane Lock spell on any door within 30ft of you as a full round action without any material components. At 4th level you may destabilize any gramarie within 30ft of you as a full-round action for 5 rounds, the gramarie is treated as if it were in an Anti-magic field for the duration of this effect. At 5th level you may use any of the previous abilities as a standard action instead.

Temporal Causality (Ex): At 5th level your constant exposure to Push and the Time Fluxes effects have altered your genetic structure. You no longer age and are immune to the penalties of aging. In addition to this, you gain a special trait that allows you to overcome death. Once per day if you are reduced to 0 or below HP you may subject yourself to a special type of Reincarnation. You are reincarnated as your own race with an entirely new appearance. You lose no level, no XP, no Constitution as per the normal Reincarnation spell. Performing this takes 1 minute to complete during which you are at your most vulnerable and are considered Helpless until the process is complete. After this process is complete you take a -5 to all rolls involving Strength, Dexterity and Constitution for 24 hours after reincarnating.

Credit: My Uncle for sitting me in front of old reruns of the classic Doctor Who when I was growing up, Kellus for this wondrous piece of homebrew, Sirpercival for giving me a better idea of how to manage Time Paradoxes.

I now leave you with a quote from I'm sure most of you already stating out your Chrononaut are thinking about:

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."
    Thinking back, I probably should have used that for the quote for this class!
    Last edited by Arcanist; 2013-01-15 at 01:29 AM. Reason: If I were a Chrononaut I wouldn't need a reason to edit!
    Larloch, The Shadow King (w/ Ioun Stones) avatar by Iron Penguin

20. - Top - End - #1040

Okay, so I'm interested in making a Graughtsman in a campaign. One of the major draws of the Graughtsman is the ability to make biological suits of power armor. The problem is that they seem to suck. Badly.

It comes down to this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Graughtsman
    A chassis has different Hit Dice than a normal mass of biostructure. It trades its normal Hit Dice for a single Aberration Hit Die, and gains an additional Hit Die for every size category above Medium.
    The way I'm reading this is basically the way new, errata'd shapeshifting works i.e. none of your character abilities transfer over and you act as that creature for the duration.

Quote Originally Posted by BIOY 228
    It trades its normal Hit Dice for a single Aberration Hit Die, and gains an additional Hit Die for every size category above Medium.
    The chassis is going to have - at most - 5 HD, and that's at size Colossal, which is extremely hard to effectively play (hope your campaign takes place only in clear, open fields). Realistically, it's going to be 3 HD.

A 3 HD Construct has 3d10 HP, +2 BAB, and +1 to base saves.

In order to make this, you need to be at least a 2nd level Graughtsman, which in turn requires you to be a 7th level Gramarist. When you make your bio-armor, you have 9 HD, 9d6 HP, +4 BAB, +5 to Fort, +2 to Ref, and +8 to Will. In other words, you are almost strictly superior to your bio-armor and are probably superior in HP as well.

You can slightly improve the situation by picking up Material Fleshshape at 4th level Graughtsman and turning your bio-armor into a Dragon, which picks up +1 BAB, turns the HD into d12s, and makes base saves +3. Of course, two levels of Graughtsman gives you 2d6 HP, +1 BAB, and +1 to all saves i.e. it doesn't really improve the power of your bio-armor in relation to you.

Now, your bio-armor does have hardness, which is nice, but being durable doesn't really matter if nobody has any reason to attack you and you have no real way of doing damage. About the only way I could see of salvaging the situation is by giving your bio-armor a damaging graft (like a Draconis Fundamentum or Nimbus of Light) and just spam that, except that it would still probably be better to just give it to yourself through xenomachinery.

Am I missing something here?
    Smart is knowing that Frankenstein wasn't the monster. / Wise is knowing that Frankenstein was the monster.

21. - Top - End - #1041
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TooManySecrets View Post
    Okay, so I'm interested in making a Graughtsman in a campaign. One of the major draws of the Graughtsman is the ability to make biological suits of power armor. The problem is that they seem to suck. Badly.

It comes down to this:

The way I'm reading this is basically the way new, errata'd shapeshifting works i.e. none of your character abilities transfer over and you act as that creature for the duration.

The chassis is going to have - at most - 5 HD, and that's at size Colossal, which is extremely hard to effectively play (hope your campaign takes place only in clear, open fields). Realistically, it's going to be 3 HD.

A 3 HD Construct has 3d10 HP, +2 BAB, and +1 to base saves.

In order to make this, you need to be at least a 2nd level Graughtsman, which in turn requires you to be a 7th level Gramarist. When you make your bio-armor, you have 9 HD, 9d6 HP, +4 BAB, +5 to Fort, +2 to Ref, and +8 to Will. In other words, you are almost strictly superior to your bio-armor and are probably superior in HP as well.

You can slightly improve the situation by picking up Material Fleshshape at 4th level Graughtsman and turning your bio-armor into a Dragon, which picks up +1 BAB, turns the HD into d12s, and makes base saves +3. Of course, two levels of Graughtsman gives you 2d6 HP, +1 BAB, and +1 to all saves i.e. it doesn't really improve the power of your bio-armor in relation to you.

Now, your bio-armor does have hardness, which is nice, but being durable doesn't really matter if nobody has any reason to attack you and you have no real way of doing damage. About the only way I could see of salvaging the situation is by giving your bio-armor a damaging graft (like a Draconis Fundamentum or Nimbus of Light) and just spam that, except that it would still probably be better to just give it to yourself through xenomachinery.

Am I missing something here?
    Well, there is the size-dependent health boost from being a construct, but yeah, on the whole chassis aren't too resilient, unfortunately.

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Ettin in the Playground

I've always thought the number of HD that Chassis get are way too low.

I think it would be totally OK to houserule that any Chassis a Graughtsman builds gets +1 HD for every level you have in Graughtsman.

So a Grammarist 7/Graughtsman 5 could build an 8 HD Dragon Chassis that would be sized as if it were 3 HD.
    Quote Originally Posted by segtrfyhtfgj View Post
    door is a fake exterior wall
    If you see me try to discuss the nitty-gritty of D&D 5e, kindly point me to my signature and remind me that I shouldn't. Please and thank you!

23. - Top - End - #1043

Quote Originally Posted by Volthawk View Post
    Well, there is the size-dependent health boost from being a construct, but yeah, on the whole chassis aren't too resilient, unfortunately.
    Purposefully ignoring Construct bonus HP, the same way I was purposefully ignoring Con bonus.

For completeness, however, I'll do the math. Our chassis is going to be created with a Heal check of around 50 (12 Heal ranks, +12 Heal item, +1 from Graughtsman, +3 from Gramarist, +2 from Wis [let's say], taking 20). 50 / 5 = 10. 10 + 10 = 20 Constitution. 3 * 5 Con bonus = 15 bonus HP + 40 construct bonus HP. Total HP = 3d10+55, giving a range of 67 to 85.

Our character has 9d6 HP, plus Con. Let's say our Constitution score is 14 (usually a safe assumption). That's 9d6+18, giving us a range of 32 to 72.

The bio-armor has more HP - as long as it's a Construct. If you change it over to being a Dragon, however, it now has 3d12+15, giving us a range of 29 to 51.

However, it's not just about being resilient. A 9th level Fighter has 9d10 HP, +9 BAB, +6 Fort, and +3 Ref and Will. Remember, too, that the Fighter is probably going to have a Str of at least 14, Dex 12, and Con 14 and 5 Fighter bonus feats and 2 normal feats. The Fighter's HP is 9d10+18, giving us a range of 34 to 106.

Quote Originally Posted by BIOY 228
    It gains a Strength score and a Dexterity score, which combined equal twice the Constitution score of the mass. The exact values are set when this principle is first prepared, and neither the Strength nor the Dexterity can be more than twice the value of the other.
    The chassis is going to have a Str of 13 (which gives it a Dex of 7).

(I'm ignoring Size bonuses, mostly because size can be gotten around with Polymorph Other et al and other sorts of spells that, while the Fighter can't cast, he can get access to)

Quote Originally Posted by Amechra View Post
    I've always thought the number of HD that Chassis get are way too low.

I think it would be totally OK to houserule that any Chassis a Graughtsman builds gets +1 HD for every level you have in Graughtsman.

So a Grammarist 7/Graughtsman 5 could build an 8 HD Dragon Chassis that would be sized as if it were 3 HD.
    Heal skill check = 60 (15 Heal ranks, +15 Heal item, +2 from Graughtsman, +3 from Gramarist, +2 from Wis, +3 Skill focus, taking 20)
    Chassis Con = 22

Chassis: +8 BAB, +6 Fort, +6 Ref, +6 Will, 8d12+(6*8) HP [67 to 144], 3 feats

Gramarist: +5 BAB, +6 Fort, +3 Ref, +9 Will, 12d6+(12*2) HP [41 to 96], 5 feats

Dwarf Fighter: +12 BAB, +8 Fort, +4 Ref, +4 Will, 12d10+(12*3) HP [57 to 156], 5 feats, 7 fighter feats

Adding HD is not sufficient, especially since you're limited to adding 10 HD total.
    Smart is knowing that Frankenstein wasn't the monster. / Wise is knowing that Frankenstein was the monster.

24. - Top - End - #1044

Every further preparation of this principle can add 2,000 lbs of carrying capacity to a portal fixed in space. If it is torn from its reference with a Strength check or from overburden, a semi-space collapses permanently.

A semi-space can be at most 2ft. by 2ft. by 2ft. Unlike most principles, you cannot prepare this principle multiple times in order to create larger spaces.
    That must be a really dense 2ftx2ftx2ft cube to ever need to prepare it multiple times.

It provides partial concealment (20% miss chance) to a creature the size of the portal or up to one size category larger. Creatures smaller than the portal can use it for total concealment (50% miss chance).
    If the portal is always 2ftx2ft, when is this ever going to be relevant? (I mean that in a nice inquisitive way, not an antagonizing way)

I feel like I've read bucketloads now, but I really still don't get this thread. I see the ideas, I have a sense of whats going on, but I don't understand all the references and all that.
    It feels like I'm missing things, but I've read quite a lot already...
    Such as references to circuits and ebbs, or referencing Gramarie as though it's some substance to be used and expended as if it were coin or some pile of ore.
    Last edited by Cipher Stars; 2013-01-15 at 06:32 PM.

My Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #1045
    Ettin in the Playground

Just a a nitpick, your Str and Dex for the chassis is wrong. The sum of the two abilities has to be "twice the constitution, meaning a total of 40 here. For 26 Str and 14 Dex.

Chassis' are too frail as a whole, however. I would think that a way to increase their HD is in order.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

26. - Top - End - #1046
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cipherthe3vil View Post
    That must be a really dense 2ftx2ftx2ft cube to ever need to prepare it multiple times.

If the portal is always 2ftx2ft, when is this ever going to be relevant? (I mean that in a nice inquisitive way, not an antagonizing way)

I feel like I've read bucketloads now, but I really still don't get this thread. I see the ideas, I have a sense of whats going on, but I don't understand all the references and all that.
    It feels like I'm missing things, but I've read quite a lot already...
    Such as references to circuits and ebbs, or referencing Gramarie as though it's some substance to be used and expended as if it were coin or some pile of ore.
    I can answer some of this:
    The weight limit is on force applied to a fixed-in-space (that is, floating in the air) portal from the outside. Such as if someone decided to hang something over the lip of it.

A 2'x2' square is big enough to nearly cover a halfling if he stoops a bit, or if it's placed corner-down and he's in the middle. So full concealment to Small creatures, partial to Medium, and that's without really crouching down or otherwise really trying to take cover. Seems relevant to me.

Circuits are explained in Heuristicism. Ebbs are explained in eldrikinetics. I'm still not sure what WoodOut transformers are for, though, since it seems a circuit can do the exact same job.

Gramarie would basically mean the same thing as "technology". The things you make with principles are gramarie; alternately, the principles themselves are.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #1047

So how the Kringle do these bubbles work? And why do they take so long to scale?
    You have to prepare eight times to increase the size of a bubble by one? (5ft+5ft), then the way it scales is more confusing than a blue-nose Rudolf... Taking one hundred and twenty five preparations just to make a 25ft bubble?
    That's almost six days, which might not be all that much for the effect but the point is I can't see any logic behind the scaling method. If I wanted to make like a 100ft bubble, I can't find any way to scale it except to double the number of preparations for each 5ft, which is inaccurate since the way the examples scale doesn't seem to double but is in fact more then double, or less then double.

Do all these preparations need to be consecutive? Or can you extend bubble size at any time? Working nonstop just to increase the bubble to 10ft would be a pain in the arse for anyone, let alone 15+ feet...

I don't mean, if I sound like such, to be negative. I just want to know what's going on, so I could scale higher than the table provides.
    Last edited by Cipher Stars; 2013-01-16 at 01:54 AM.

My Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Ettin in the Playground

Take the cube of the number of 5' increments.

1- 1
    2- 8
    3- 27
    4- 64
    5-125

Your 100' bubble would take 8000 preparations.

That's only just under a year of constant working!

Unless you get, like, 19 grammarists to help you work; for larger projects, you simply make a buncha blueprints (or set up a holisticism factory) and hand 'em out to less experienced people with more time on their hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by segtrfyhtfgj View Post
    door is a fake exterior wall
    If you see me try to discuss the nitty-gritty of D&D 5e, kindly point me to my signature and remind me that I shouldn't. Please and thank you!

29. - Top - End - #1049
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Amechra View Post
    Unless you get, like, 19 grammarists to help you work; for larger projects, you simply make a buncha blueprints (or set up a holisticism factory) and hand 'em out to less experienced people with more time on their hands.
    Not cost effective. Better create a bunch of Instincted Chassi to do the labor for free.
    Larloch, The Shadow King (w/ Ioun Stones) avatar by Iron Penguin

30. - Top - End - #1050

Zombie

Or just set up a bubble-making factory

Using HEUR302 a bunch of times in the same circuit (with an EI factory manager).
    1. Make any item (like a SilverIn or a Semispace) using HEUR302
    2. Make a circuit (HEUR101) using HEUR302
    3. Expand the bubble with multiple HEUR101 set HEUR302s

With an EI in charge of HEUR302-a and HEUR101-a in a different spot to the EI in charge of HEUR101-b+ you can have have them sent to multiple expansion points (step 1-2 makes a circuit, step 3 expands it but takes more time. So having multiple places where step3 takes place means multiple bubbles being made)

Optional:
    4. Fill the circuit with whatever you want it to actually do
    5. HUER302-c set to use HEUR328 on the completed circuit

Sorry everyone