New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15303132333435363738394041424344454647484950 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1503
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: She Blinded Me with Science! (Magitek That Doesn't Make Me Cry Myself To Sleep)

Quote Originally Posted by Proud Tortoise View Post
    As a level 20 grammarist, it seems like I would be able to cram a semispace with a silver-in and several silver-outs, each with a powerful 8th or 9th level spell stored in it, and then use my eldritch blast to power it. And be able to cast some 9th level spells at-will. Does anything prevent my doing this?
    No, but spells cannot cross the thresh-hold of a semispace.

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: She Blinded Me with Science! (Magitek That Doesn't Make Me Cry Myself To Sleep)

Quote Originally Posted by Omnicrat View Post
    No, but spells cannot cross the thresh-hold of a semispace.
    And that, my friend, is when you have a silverOut of gate to create a portal that spells can pass through.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

3. - Top - End - #1173

What if it's a sending spell or something along those lines?
    white text is the bestest you might want to look for it
    DeviantART

4. - Top - End - #1174

What if it's a sending spell or something along those lines?
    Sending spells bypass the portal entirely. They work the same as they normally would (ie, 5% failure chance for being on another plane).

Spells that work between planes work normally. It's just that spells can't be cast through the portal.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

5. - Top - End - #1175

Hmmm... Silver transformers needn't be cube-shaped, correct? What if the bulk of each transformer was housed in the semispace, but had a narrow rod sticking through the portal?
    DeviantART

6. - Top - End - #1176

Feats that changes input options, I was watching The Thing (1982 Classic) and I thought it would be a cool plothook for villain to just be grabbing people, skewering them on big hooks in a cellar and draining their blood into some sort of giant obscure magitech stone that absorbs the stuff to fuel it, then I thought how rad Gramarie would be for having blood input, then I thought how rad it would be to have engines and such have options to be fueled by higher-scarcity inputs at a higher efficiency rate, the lava-bucket in the furnace so-to-speak.
    Last edited by Hanuman; 2013-03-12 at 09:12 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1177

Quote Originally Posted by Hanuman View Post
    Feats that changes input options, I was watching The Thing (1982 Classic) and I thought it would be a cool plothook for villain to just be grabbing people, skewering them on big hooks in a cellar and draining their blood into some sort of giant obscure magitech stone that absorbs the stuff to fuel it, then I thought how rad Gramarie would be for having blood input, then I thought how rad it would be to have engines and such have options to be fueled by higher-scarcity inputs at a higher efficiency rate, the lava-bucket in the furnace so-to-speak.
    Well, submerging engines...
    DeviantART

8. - Top - End - #1178

Well, submerging engines...
    Oh man I totally forgot that one.

Still, not a fan of having fixed random input, options would be nice.

9. - Top - End - #1179

Fridge horror, when you realise that originally they didn't know blood would do anything to the engine.
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

10. - Top - End - #1180

Cowboy Bebop Lobster Scene
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QadhPRU0Dn8

Hey, hey, why do engines not have Byproducts? Too complicated?

11. - Top - End - #1181

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Milo v3 View Post
    Fridge horror, when you realise that originally they didn't know blood would do anything to the engine.
    A gramarist just accidentally pricked his finger and it moved down?

12. - Top - End - #1182

Silver transformers needn't be cube-shaped, correct? What if the bulk of each transformer was housed in the semispace, but had a narrow rod sticking through the portal? Would they be able to cast spells normally, then?
    DeviantART

13. - Top - End - #1183
    Ogre in the Playground

Silver transformers needn't be cube-shaped, correct? What if the bulk of each transformer was housed in the semispace, but had a narrow rod sticking through the portal? Would they be able to cast spells normally, then?
    I suspect it would fail, due to rulebooks impacting the player's skull.

Very much outside the spirit of what's written.
    Last edited by kestrel404; 2013-03-13 at 09:07 AM.
    Homebrew:

Iron Chef Trophies:
    Spoiler
    Show

Iron Chef X - 3rd (My first entry!)
    Iron Chef XI - 4th
    Iron Chef XIII - 4th
    Iron Chef XIV - Honorable Mention (and 4th place)
    Iron Chef XVI - 3rd place
    Iron Chef XVIII - 1st place
    Iron Chef XXXIV - 2nd place

14. - Top - End - #1184

BardGuy

Engines and transformers only work in semispace/plane x if over 50 % of their mass is in said plain.

15. - Top - End - #1185

Daemon

I wonder if it was intentional that a gold, lead or platinum transformer be so hard to use? Such a thing, having a volume of at least one cubic foot, would weigh over a ton for even the lightest of these three. As bubbles don't extend beyond semi-spaces, there isn't a simple solution to this.
    Homebrew: Ghost Rider, a 3.5e Base Class inspired by Marvel's Comics.

So guys, the new Iron Man trailer, huh?

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1186
    Ettin in the Playground

You can make things lighter, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by segtrfyhtfgj View Post
    door is a fake exterior wall
    If you see me try to discuss the nitty-gritty of D&D 5e, kindly point me to my signature and remind me that I shouldn't. Please and thank you!

17. - Top - End - #1187

BardGuy

Alternatively, Semi-space caring case.

18. - Top - End - #1188
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cogidubnus View Post
    I wonder if it was intentional that a gold, lead or platinum transformer be so hard to use? Such a thing, having a volume of at least one cubic foot, would weigh over a ton for even the lightest of these three. As bubbles don't extend beyond semi-spaces, there isn't a simple solution to this.
    It would be silly for an Arcanodynamisist to at least not take Preternatural Fluids. Hell almost every discipline can benefit from that Principle. Now actually getting those metals is an entirely different story
    Larloch, The Shadow King (w/ Ioun Stones) avatar by Iron Penguin

19. - Top - End - #1189

Daemon

Quote Originally Posted by Omnicrat View Post
    Alternatively, Semi-space caring case.
    Gotta tip it out to use it, mind, which can be both undignifed and impractical.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist View Post
    It would be silly for an Arcanodynamisist to at least not take Preternatural Fluids. Hell almost every discipline can benefit from that Principle. Now actually getting those metals is an entirely different story
    True, if you've got access to the principle it's a great help. Though it's another annoying added time-consumer.
    Homebrew: Ghost Rider, a 3.5e Base Class inspired by Marvel's Comics.

So guys, the new Iron Man trailer, huh?

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1190

BardGuy

Gotta tip it out to use it, mind, which can be both undignifed and impractical.
    I designed a very efficient carrying case. It is a very thin alchemtricly treated sheet of metal to be both light and sturdy with a handle (And a semi-space on the bottom of it) and a sheet on the bottom with 4 latches.

Place it on the ground, twist to undo latches, and lift

and your transfomers/engines are deployed

when done, slide lid back over transformers/engines,push down till laches click, then twist handle back. Lift your few pounds of carrying case.

21. - Top - End - #1191
    Ogre in the Playground

True, if you've got access to the principle it's a great help. Though it's another annoying added time-consumer.
    When you get to a certain level of power (Doctorate Principles), time stops being a factor since you can theoretically just create a Fast Time Demiplane, Build a Quicksilver facility inside of it and then build a Fast Time Demiplane in side of that Quicksilver Facility (Not sure how much time you gain from that...)

And then you get stuff like using portable, self activating, self powering Arcanodynamic transformers to constantly put you in a state of Time Stop when it expires, giving you potentially more time.

Of course doing something like this requires 2 Doctorate level Gramarist (Yggd and Alch).

In fact...

Blueprint: Time and Relative Dimension in Space [Time Lock]
    Principles: YGGD 101, YGGD 353, YGGD 371, HEUR 101, ARCD 101, ALCH 364
    Prestige Class: None
    Explaination: People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually — from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint — it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly... timey-wimey... stuff.

Yes, the Time Lords... The undisputed masters of time and space who long since ruled the cosmos eons before lesser races discovered fire... This Blueprint was created to allow a Time Lord to simply lock themselves outside of time to return for a later date to be declared by the user; often when the user wants to leave the Time Lock they select a normal person outside of it to unlock it for them... So if you ever hear drum beats, you should PROBABLY walk the opposite direction, but this is rarely done, because only an idiot creates a door with a door knob on a single side.

But yes, by using a series of Demiplanes, Quicksilver facilities and Arcanodynamic Engines the Gramarist can potentially remove time as a factor from their work.

First the Gramarist takes a small item, usually a key or something and tethers a Semi-Space to it. The Gramarist then goes into the Semi-Space to create another Semi-space inside of it, this semispace will become a Demiplane with the Double Time Trait.

After this the Gramarist then creates a Quicksilver Facility inside of this Demiplane and then steps inside of it to construct another Semi-Space that will become another Demiplane with the Double Time Trait. Perform this processes as much as you desire or until a book is thrown at you.

Finally you create a GoldIn and connect it to a SilverOut with Time stop connected to it. You can make this item as weightless as you desire using Alch 325 if you desire. Make sure the GoldIn can supply enough Ebbs to the SilverOut to make it trigger once per round and you should be golden.

When you work inside of your... Hmm... Lets call it "T.A.R.D.I.S." you should be able to work at such a rapid speed that time no longer becomes a factor for you.

22. - Top - End - #1192
    Ettin in the Playground

That wouldn't speed you up past x4; once you create the next demiplane, you are on a different plane, and not inside the facility anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by segtrfyhtfgj View Post
    door is a fake exterior wall
    If you see me try to discuss the nitty-gritty of D&D 5e, kindly point me to my signature and remind me that I shouldn't. Please and thank you!

23. - Top - End - #1193
    Titan in the Playground

And even if it did work, you would have the problem of starting to age more quickly, assuming you aren't an elan or warforged.

24. - Top - End - #1194
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Amechra View Post
    That wouldn't speed you up past x4; once you create the next demiplane, you are on a different plane, and not inside the facility anymore.
    Allow me to correct myself:

Creating additional Double Time Demiplanes is unnecessary; All you would need is Quicksilver facilities after the first one.

Quicksilver is easily the most breakable element of Gramarie.

Objects and structures made from quicksilver experience time at a faster rate than other materials. For all purposes, they experience two rounds for every normal round. Spaces, creatures, and objects (Including Quicksilver) completely enclosed by quicksilver experience the same effect, although it's usually impossible to interact with the outside world from such a location in order to take advantage of the property.
    Meaning that a facility inside a facility inside a facility (all three layers made of quicksilver) experiences 8 rounds of time for every 1. The Demiplane is honestly only there to save space and is unnecessary since regardless of location it is still bound to the Material Plane as far as time goes meaning that a Fast Time Demiplane inside a Fast Time Demiplane still experiences just as much time as the original Fast Time Demiplane.

Double Time: For every round that passes on the Material Plane, two rounds pass on this demiplane.
    It doesn't care about the conditions outside of the Demiplane since it is all within itself.

You are effectively: Taking a bag, putting a semi-space in it, walking into that semi-space, turning it into a Demiplane and then building facilities from there on as layered as you need. When you need to build a piece of Gramarie you go into the bag and make what you need, then pop out.

Quote Originally Posted by Necroticplague View Post
    And even if it did work, you would have the problem of starting to age more quickly, assuming you aren't an elan or warforged.
    At this level of play, Caramot is the logical solution to avoid this problem. It takes an hour to make and gives you 24 hours of of time to construct as you please.

EDIT: You can also be an Elan, a Warforged, or a Necropolitan if you want, but by the time Doctorate level Principles come online you are already beyond aging being a flaw.

EDIT 2: Better yet, be a Warforged, take Silver Tracery (Planetary Metal), turn it into Mercury (DC 35), turn it into Quicksilver (DC 70). You are now constructing at twice the speed of a normal Gramarist!
    Last edited by Arcanist; 2013-03-16 at 08:47 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1195

I don't get how potential works for the dungeonjammer. Could she just shovel a bunch of dirt into her Monty Haul, or what?
    Last edited by Proud Tortoise; 2013-03-17 at 08:00 PM.
    DeviantART

26. - Top - End - #1196
    Ettin in the Playground

I don't get how potential works for the dungeonjammer. Could she just shovel a bunch of dirt into her Monty Haul, or what?
    From my understanding, yes.

Because I don't think I've actually posted, I do like this project and actually recommended it for the Eternus setting (Byzintine actually already posted in this thread about it).
    LGBTA+itP

27. - Top - End - #1197

DwarfClericGuy

Wow.

I never thought I'd see the day I admit that Magitek can actually be cool.

⌠┌___r-RcosΘ___
    ⌡└r²+R²-2rRcosΘ┘dΘ

28. - Top - End - #1198
    Barbarian in the Playground

There needs to be a more expanded list of ebb generation for the Crystal input. It has no indication how much puissance is generated by, say, a waterfall.
    It's a falcon. Wearing a Fedora. Your argument is irrelevant.
    Official Member of the No Cussing Club

29. - Top - End - #1199
    Ogre in the Playground

I've been working on the Campaign setting for Gramarie and trying to account for all the things I'd like to implement into the world.

Spoiler
    Show
    Currency has been solved for (Alternate materials that an Alchemeter cannot replicate) and an environment has been plotted 56% is Wasteland (this includes mountains and dungeons) 24% is Ocean (includes Island nations) 10% other (Forest, Jungle, Tundra and a little bit more leeway for additional environments.)

So far it is resembling a mixture of Ravenloft, Athas, the Fallout series and Eberron if the war had dragged on and instead of stopping after the Mourning, everyone tried to figure out how to replicate that which elevated into people developing preventatives towards survival (Yggdratectural Demiplanes).

Guns exist in the world as well as Ballistic Engines that can be used to make heavier weapons and used as Guns to be modified as such. I am still having a problem with the damned Silver(Out)

Magic and Psionics functions MUCH differently in the world since the war. Magic is greatly empowered in certain areas of the world and at certain altitudes, or it is chaotic and wild, however for the most part it is impeded. Specifically Divination magic pertaining to Alignment. Paladins can be of any alignment and instead of Smite Evil have Smite Opposition.

The entire setting takes place in a close circuited Demiplane with multiple other Demiplanes surrounding it that intercept Teleportation spells and powers (having it's own transitive planes, including a replication of the Ordial Plane). This prevents a Yggdratecturist from creating portals to other planes and at least puts a limit on the amount of space the Gramarist that inhabit and use without at least using a little Yggdratecture.

Creatures have been mutated into Titanic versions of themselves, gifted inherent spell-like abilities as well as Psionic abilities.

The most important note is that the world is already dead. Nothing can nor will it ever bring it back to it's former grace...

30. - Top - End - #1200

BardGuy

Saying nothing could ever bring the world back is a hard thing to swallow. There is literally a whole discipline of gramarie dedicated to changing terrain types. What could have possibly happened to make it impossible?