New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Seeking a picture for a storm themed banner

Hey folks, seeking some helpwith people who either have better google fu than I do, or have more knowledge of the fantasy art world.

In the coming adventure the party will find a special magical item- a banner of a certain theme, which might be expanded to a sail (It will be the main sail of their pirating boat, I hope) or a flag (In times of war and on land). I want to give the party an image of this banner, as it might become importantto the campaign.

I'll look through deviant art when I have more time, but I have often failed at such searches. Can you help me?

The Banner
    The Banner might include some (though probably not all) of these themes:
    - Storms. lightning, thunderm clouds and such are all good
    - Dragons (of silvery, grey, white, or blue variations) preferably not an overt representation.
    - Turmoil. (I know this one is vague, but I can't quite explain it better)
    - Possibly with a hint of fiendish/ dark/ powerful feeling to it. Not a must.

Most important: The picture should be representive, not just a scene from something, but conveying a concept, most preferably one o the above.

The picture IS what is on the banner. (Not a character holding the banner) It can be of higher quality than mediveil paintings and the cliched style of coat of arms, but not photo quality.

Sorry for being such a nag about details and such, jut guidelines to my vision. It might become a center piece of the campaign.

(search word: piratewitch)
    Last edited by Kol Korran; 2012-08-25 at 12:03 PM.

1. Special projects:
    Campaign logs archive, Campaign planning log, Tactical mass combat Homebrew, A unique monsters compendium.
    2. My campaign logs:
    Three from a GM's POV, One from a player's POV. Very detailed, including design and GMing discussions.
    3. Various roleplay and real life musings and anecdotes:
    For those interested, from serious to funny!

Thanks for reading!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground
    Protecting my Horde (yes, I mean that kind)

Default Re: Seeking a picture for a storm themed banner

A tiger's paw erased Or embellished and grasping a lightning bolt Argent;

A quatrefoil Azure surmounting two lightning bolts in saltire Or;

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Seeking a picture for a storm themed banner

Thanks, I've found a suitable picture. these are nice, but not quite what I was looking for. Thank you though!

1. Special projects:
    Campaign logs archive, Campaign planning log, Tactical mass combat Homebrew, A unique monsters compendium.
    2. My campaign logs:
    Three from a GM's POV, One from a player's POV. Very detailed, including design and GMing discussions.
    3. Various roleplay and real life musings and anecdotes:
    For those interested, from serious to funny!

Thanks for reading!