New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

Default General Crowdfunding Thread, Mark I

The Mod Wonder:

This is the Crowdfunding thread for Role-Playing Games. In it, you will find discussion and promotion of crowd-funded projects related to traditional, table-top role-playing games. Projects for video, board and card games will be found in the Crowdfunding thread for Gaming (Other), while those for other projects can be found in Arts and Crafts or Media Discussions.

As a semi-permanent and structured thread, there are two rules that need to be addressed.

Rule 1. All other board rules apply. Do not flame, do not double post, do not troll. If a crowd-funding project breaks any of the board rules (e.g. explicit materials, political or religious in nature), it will be deleted, and the person posting it will receive the appropriate warning or infraction.

Rule 2.Posting crowd-funding plugs. You may post one initial link to your crowd-funding drive, explaining the project; for our purposes, you "own" any project you post the initial link to, whether you're the creator or not. When the project is at a week or less remaining, you may post another reminder of it. You may, of course, join in any discussion of it, though we encourage that to move to the crowd funding site, itself. Do not spam the thread with reminders; if people talk about it, they talk about it.
    Last edited by LibraryOgre; 2015-06-27 at 07:56 AM.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Kickstarter Thread, Mark I

On the crowdfunding front so far I think I've only backed a few actual gaming ones. Both of these finished in the last few months.

Project Ninja Panda Taco - Jennifer Steen's indie game about mad scientists and world conquest.
    Secluseum of Orphane - Vincent Baker's Lamentations of the Flame Princess adventure.
    Dungeon World - The D&D inspired hack of Vincent Baker's Apocalypse World game.

I'm looking forward to seeing them blossom.

Games and supplements talked about in the thread:
    Dungeon World - Funded!
    Fate of the Norns - Funded!
    Horror on the Orient Express
    Project Ninja Panda Taco - Funded!
    Seclusium of Orphone - Funded!
    Story Realms
    Swords and Wizardry - Funded!
    Tenra Bansho Zero - Funded!
    Tremulus
    Ultimate Psionics
    Last edited by Totally Guy; 2012-09-17 at 12:27 AM.
    Mannerism RPG An RPG in which your descriptions resolve your actions and sculpts your growth.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

Howdy! I'm the creator of the Ultimate Psionics Kickstarter, which is creating the first hardcover psionic rulebook for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game. This project is going to take the Psionics Unleashed and Psionics Expanded books and combine them into a single hardcover. The project is currently over $9,000 (of our initial $2,500 goal) and is already shattering our stretch goals, including a 32-page introduction to psionics adventure, psionic character sheets, new psionic races, and much more. Black and white and full-color options are available, as well as Kickstarter-exclusive content and a host of add-ins like Dreamscarred-branded dice, psionic focus tokens, full-color posters, and more!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Saw your ad on Ultimate Psionics and checked it out already...I'm a diehard 3.5 player, does this work nicely with 3.5 psionics, or is it it's own thing?

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tyndmyr View Post
    Saw your ad on Ultimate Psionics and checked it out already...I'm a diehard 3.5 player, does this work nicely with 3.5 psionics, or is it it's own thing?
    Psionics Unleashed updated the XPH to be Pathfinder-compatible. So while much of it will work in 3.5, you'd see a fair bit of overlap with what was in the XPH. The content should work in 3.5 with very minor changes, just want to point out the important stuff. :)

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hey everybody! Hi Doctor Nick!

You know what everyone likes having? Dice. And you know what makes having dice easier? Dice bags. So my fiancee and I have our own crowd-funding project, namely 1CGC Dice Bags! We're making bags in a variety of styles and sizes, and would love for this to turn into an Internet business! Also, if anyone has any suggestions for designs, pledge for your size, and make a suggestion in the comments! Let us know, and the Crafty Gamer Chick and I will be working on those bags so you all can hold:
    • Your dice!
    • Your miniatures!
    • Your mini tablets!
    • Your Microlite20 Rulebooks!
    • Candy to bribe the GM!
    • Your Magic Deck!
    • And other STUFF!

So go ahead and give us a look over! We still have 99 Starter packages left, which is a Mini Dice Bag and a set of polyhedrals (1d4, 4d6, 1d8, 1d10, 1d%, 1d12 and 1d20) with a few extra dice tossed in! That one I think isn't a bad deal, overall.

Also, on a side note; Once my truck gets fixed, I am so pledging to that Ultimate Psionics project. *wants*
    Last edited by alchemyprime; 2012-08-31 at 03:55 PM.
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    Want some Pathfinder 1e homebrewed? Hit me up!
    Ted Kord Avatar by KPenguin!
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctemwolf View Post
    Thank you very much. you know, I think I like you, Prime. =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    You, sir, have created the best Pokerman possible. Here is your medal. Everyone else can just give up.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGirl

This is something that someone else plugged in its own thread, but Fate of the Norns: 20th anniversary edition is a pretty nifty little Kickstarter.

The game is based on Norse mythology, specifically fast-forwarding the mythos to nearly the time of Ragnarok. Now, I personally don't know enough about the game's fiction to judge its accuracy, but from what I've seen they're certainly giving lip service to the right folks in the right places.

What sets this game apart from others is the unique way that the mechanics have been infused with the fluff. The game uses not dice nor cards but the 24 runes of Elder Futhark to determine combat effects and skill checks. A character has a mere two primary stats: Essence, which affects the number of runes your character "knows," and Destiny, which affects the number of runes drawn per turn.

But the rune mechanic is much deeper than "I drew Hagl, which means I rolled a 4. With each draw, the player must choose how he or she lays out the runes, with the configuration of runes having as much effect as the actual runes drawn.

The result of this is an RPG with a satisfyingly large amount of game to it.
    That, and vikings. Which is awesome.

Better review/overview than mine can be found here. I'm sure there are others, but that one described things well enough to sell me on it.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Tenra Bansho Zero: it basically sounds like the Japanese version of Rifts, with fast-moving narrative mechanics. Oh, and it's been one guy localizing the whole thing for seven years, and Luke Crane is doing layout.

This is gonna be awesome.
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Swords and Wizardry Kickstarter still going.

Horror on the orient express also still has time.

Both look awesome.
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Akirim.elfKickstarter Avatar by Savannah
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Star Wars canon is one of those things where people have started to realize that the guys in charge are so far off their rockers that it's probably for the best to ignore them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post

OH GOD THEY'RE COMING! RUN! RUN, TURKISHPROVERB, RUN!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxios View Post
    GENERIC FLAMING COMMENT, POSSIBLY INVOLVING YOUR MOTHER !

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

Good idea, this thread (and RE: thread title - I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE.)!

First of all, I would like to submit for your perusal tremulus, a Storytelling Game of Lovecraftian Horror. This is Cthulhu mythos roleplaying as I've always wanted to see it, using one of the fastest, most intuitive rules systems out there-the Apocalypse Engine. It's a very easy-to-use, flexible, ultra-hackable system that uses only 2d6. Definitely worth a look.

Additionally, I find myself really excited for Story Realms. This is where RPGs meet family board games. Want to get your kids roleplaying, but wondering what might be a good intro game? Here is the answer! (Also, I want to play, because I love fairy tale-land adventures. But maybe that's just me!)

Beguiler, you just got served.
    ALL hail DirtyTabs, creator of this wonderful UserClone TRONpony!
    *sigh*
    X Stat to Y Bonus
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by BRC
    Railroading isn't saying "There is a wall there", Railroading is when you say "There is a wall everywhere BUT there"

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

The Gamers 3: Hands of Fate

If you enjoyed The Gamers and/or Dorkness Rising and/or JourneyQuest, this is for you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Attempting to use Iron Heart Surge can often lead to the player removing the 'not being beaten upside the head' condition.
    avatar by me. Extended sig here.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground

Default [kickstarter]Game Master's Campaign - Fantasy art kit

Hello,

I'm Raymond Gaustadnes, freelance digital artist living in Norway, Europe. I've been part of many game projects over the years, recently involved with rpg projects for Iron Crown Enterprises. This lead to me creating a new set of UI graphics for the Rolemaster addon ruleset for Fantasy grounds 2. FG2 is a virtual tabletop software, allowing people to run rpg campaigns over internet.

For this purpose, I sat down planning a fantasy tiles & tokens kit, for use with FG2, or any other virtual tabletop software for that matter. Or for use with any software that handles transparent PNG files, allowing you to create fantasy campaign maps, and then print them out.

The first kit is named "Game Master's Campaign -Fantasy art kit" and was approved and posted to kickstarter.com last night, already within 24 hrs I've received approx 20% of what I've set as a minimum limit.

If you would like to see this kit, and more art kits in the future, please check out the kickstarter page and consider supporting my project:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...antasy-art-kit

You can also read more about the project on it's "official webpage" here:

http://www.digitalartwork.no/?page_id=745

Posting a few previews that shows the quality of the tiles and tokens here:

My personal website: http://www.digitalartwork.no

My kickstarter Fantasy art kit: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...antasy-art-kit

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: General Kickstarter Thread, Mark I

Tenra Bansho Zero funded just now. I backed it at the PDF level.

Edit: Now Fate of the Norns is done too. It's an exciting time to be into RPGs.
    Last edited by Totally Guy; 2012-09-17 at 12:29 AM.
    Mannerism RPG An RPG in which your descriptions resolve your actions and sculpts your growth.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [kickstarter]Game Master's Campaign - Fantasy art kit

More previews of tokens to be found within the Fantasy art kit, finished versions might look a tiny bit different than seen here, and some of the tokens will come in many versions:

My personal website: http://www.digitalartwork.no

My kickstarter Fantasy art kit: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...antasy-art-kit

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I noticed a smallish-scale plastic pre-painted Mini kickstarter is on the go, thought I would post it here for fellow fans of little plastic people. I haven't personally seen any of this companies figures in-hand, but the paint jobs on there existing products look pretty decent from their website, and I like their apparent strategy of breaking into the industry with "niche" sculpts. This is for a small run of ocean themed minis, would probably very good for anyone planing on running a navel themed campaign in the coming year.

Dungeon Crawler Minis: Tidal Wave (DCM)
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...tidal-wave-dcm

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

So, One Shot. Do it. (Another great Sand & Steam Production, using the mechanics from School Daze.)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause-to-effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.
    Awesomesauce Doctor WhOotS-atar by Ceika!

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

Rats! is technically on IndieGoGo, but I thought it deserved your collective attention.

Beguiler, you just got served.
    ALL hail DirtyTabs, creator of this wonderful UserClone TRONpony!
    *sigh*
    X Stat to Y Bonus
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by BRC
    Railroading isn't saying "There is a wall there", Railroading is when you say "There is a wall everywhere BUT there"

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

Wow, I wish I had found this thread earlier. Alright, so here we go. Recently I launched my first Kickstarter for Fractured Kingdom. We are actually coming up to the tail end of the Kickstarter now but please jump over and take a look.

Fractured Kingdom Kickstarter

It is a tabletop roleplaying game set in the dark future of 2202. Players take on the role of the Lucid, ordinary people touched by one of the four Outer Realms. Able to tap into the supernatural forces of these other realms they have been forever changed by their experiences.

The Kickstarter video and updates provide a lot more detail and there are over fifty articles in and around the setting on the games core website.

Enjoy.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Pixie in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

I've written an RPG designed to support language learning. The kickstarter can be found here and is already, surprisingly enough, doing well!

http://kck.st/TuOkPa

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

One Shot - A Roleplaying Game of Sacrifice and Vengeance

"Kill your demons; for as they live by tooth and eye, so too, shall they die."

You have one shot. Take it.

One Shot is a tabletop roleplaying game about murder and vengeance. Two people work together to tell the story of the Shooter, a normal person wronged, and set for revenge. One player plays the Shooter, on their path to their one shot. The other plays the Forces, the world and people around and in the way of the Shooter.

Vengeance is a sharp, messy thing. One Shot doesn't shy away from that. There are no safe spaces in this game; it's two people working through what it means for one human to exact their vengeance on another. Each game session is self-contained, personal, and intimate. The Shooter strives to achieve their goal at a high personal cost. The Forces play all of those personal obstacles.

One Shot is honest, intimate, and personal.

What happens when a normal human has a chance to do something that most people only dream of? What happens when a personal vendetta consumes someone's life? What will you be willing to sacrifice in order to take your shot?

Based on the Simple Six System by Sand & Steam Productions, the mechanics get out of the way, and let the story take center stage. One Shot is designed to tell a full story in one session, including character creation.

--------------

I am only a Backer to this but i have found this to be a really interesting game so i am trying to help Promote this.

Here is the Link. It only has 9 Days to go and as we speak it is at $1,925 out of the Goal of $3,000. Please help get this funded as every little bit helps toward getting this game actually printed instead of just in .PDF form.
    Last edited by blackwind1kaze; 2012-10-26 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Forgot the link XD

21. - Top - End - #21
    Pixie in the Playground

Hi there! I'm using Pozible to crowdsource funds for my rpg project, a game I've worked on for some years now called The Awesome System. Pozible is a website similar to Kickstarter, to be precise, it's the Australian equivalent, since I'm not a US or UK citizen!

It's pretty much close to done and I'm generating cash so I can finish commissioning some mega-cool artwork for the book. It's a generic system, but the rules are injected with a lot of flavour and the combat system in particular is something I'm really proud of, since it mixes up the actions you're capable of using each turn in a pretty novel way. It's a lot of fun and I hope you'll take the time to check out the Pozible page and the associated website, which has some sample rules on it to read up on, too!

The Awesome System Pozible page!

I'll be tracking this thread, so also consider this an open forum to discuss it with me personally, if anyone has any questions or concerns. Thanks a lot for reading!
    Last edited by Sharkpunch; 2012-10-27 at 03:06 AM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

How big/how much artwork is in that book?

23. - Top - End - #23
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    How big/how much artwork is in that book?
    There's going to be about 40-50 pieces of black and white artwork in the book at the end of the day! I wanted roughly one piece of art every 2-3 pages to illustrate the important concepts.

You can see a few more of the completed pieces at the Sharkpunch Studios website.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

An how many Pages is in the book? (rephrasing from "how big is that book?")

25. - Top - End - #25
    Pixie in the Playground

Ah, I see. :D

I tallied up the page count last week and it was sitting at 172 A4 pages. I might need more artwork!
    Last edited by Sharkpunch; 2012-10-27 at 08:49 AM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

ok, that would make total sense then why you are wanting $50 Funding for the book in your fundraiser (yes i am adding in the Artwork fact too).

27. - Top - End - #27
    Halfling in the Playground

Chimera

Default Kickstarter: The Gallery of Evil!

Kickstarter here!

"Gallery of Evil is a supplement for the "Capes, Cowls and Villains Foul" RPG that presents numerous villains and more!"

I thought I'd spread the love for this Kickstarter; I'm a big fan of the CC&VF system, and this looks like a huge amount of Silver Age-styled fun.

For anyone not familiar with the system, it looks to be a good, general resource for mining ideas for superhero games (plus you can get a PDF and/or printed copy of the core book as an add-on, anyway).

Three weeks still to go and some decent stretch goals: I want my Spectrum Society of Supervillains membership card - I can't get back into my hollowed-out volcano base without it!
    Last edited by Senator Cybus; 2012-10-27 at 08:32 PM.
    I have a cookie now! (::) I've licked it, so no backsies.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGuy

While it started small we've grown to almost 50 Chibi Dungeon miniatures to use with your fantasy RPGs. So wanted to share:

[KickStarter] Chibi Dungeon Adventurers w/ Cthulhu & Monsters & Ponies

Now in its final week is a KickStarter to add almost 50 Chibi dungeon adventurers and the monsters they battle to the miniature world.

The TYPE I figures will be around 30mm tall and the TYPE II will be around 60mm tall. Due to the backers, the higher reward levels just keep getting more and more free goodies in them.

The KickStarter is here: http://kck.st/PtThYI

29. - Top - End - #29
    Pixie in the Playground

Hi everyone,

We are very pleased to announce the start of our second Kickstarter campaign for Shadows of Esteren!

Shadows of Esteren is a medieval role-playing game, with a horrific and gothic influence. Drawing inspiration from Celtic myths, this universe has a discreetly fantastic side hidden under a bleak, realistic surface. This world is populated with humans who have to cope with tough daily lives, and face a supernatural threat lurking in the dark. With the focus of its adventures being investigation and survival, Shadows of Esteren favor an immersive mood and interactions among the Players.

This Kickstarter was designed for people who do not know about this RPG as well as for the backers of the first Kickstarter. You will have the possibility of acquiring the last remaining items created for the first campaign (Book 1 Universe Limited Edition, artworks, leader screen), but also of participating in the funding of a hardcover Limited Edition for Book 0 Prologue.

Some artworks:

The link to the campaign: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...r-rpg-prologue

All the best,

Nelyhann
    Esteren Team

30. - Top - End - #30
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Emergence RPG Kickstarter

Howdy all! Some friends of mine from high school have a Kickstarter campaign for a new RPG called Emergence. Looks like a pretty cool blend of sci-fi and fantasy. If anyone's interested, their KS drive ends on November 5th, and at the moment they're at about 70% of their goal. The link is here:

Emergence RPG

Thanks!