New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: General Crowdfunding Thread, Mark I

Hello all.

I'm going to plug my kickstarter to create a campaign setting ebook for a campaign setting I'm using on these boards as well as in an in person campaign. I want to convert the setting to 5e, and the funds are going to supplies for my testers, who are new to 5e. It would be awesome if thus got popular enough to warrant making a physical bookeyboard for the campaign setting, but I would be very pleased to get the supplies to thoroughly play test it.

Here is the link to the kickstarter.

If interested, here is the recruitment thread for the game on the board using this setting. The game has just started, but here is the IC as well.
    Last edited by tigerusthegreat; 2015-09-28 at 03:20 PM.
    The Chaotic Evil Dungeon Master

2. - Top - End - #332
    Pixie in the Playground

Beholder

Hey folks,

Cosm Games has launched the Crucible RPG over on Kickstarter. It's a game that focuses on moral development as the core advancement system, and uses coins as the core resolution mechanic.

One week in and we're 85% funded, so we're unlikely to go the way of the dodo! We have industry giants like Matt Stawicki contributing to art, original art available as pledges, custom designed coin sets for those who don't want to play with pocket change, and a lot of exciting ideas.

Check it out from the cosmgames.com website if any of this sounds like your cup of tea!

Thanks,
    Gareth
    cosmgames.com

3. - Top - End - #333
    Bugbear in the Playground

Found these on Kickstarter today, they both look pretty cool.

Headspace, by Mark Richardson: A cyberpunk game where all the PCs are mentally linked all the time. So yes, you can have lengthy conversations while holding your breath.

Masks, by Brendan G. Conway: A game about teenage superheroes. That's pretty much it, but it looks fun. Also, it's ending in three days.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Ettin in the Playground

Dungeon Crawl Classics is kickstarting a 4th printing of the rulebook, along with reprinting some out of print adventures.

I'm a total DCC noob, so it looks like a good time to get into it. There's still some other newbie tiers left, where you can get some added swag and an adventure in addition to the core book.

What's more, every adventure they fund as a stretch goal, every backer gets for free. If you're backing a physical book, this means probably 4 adventures (+1 for the newbie tier if you're finally giving DCC a try).
    PAD - 357,549,260

5. - Top - End - #335
    Pixie in the Playground

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...es/description

Spellbook Gaming Boxes. I'm not the creator, but a fan who has pledged for this project, and one they team did last year. These boxes are made for D&D and tabletop RPGs. I think they are fairly awesome looking and am buying a couple myself.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Pixie in the Playground

The Fortunes Wheel Kickstarter is here:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...fortunes-wheel

Its for a Tarot based system and setting that allows for both traditional play and a range of other styles like GMless, improvised and even solo. There is an option for using dice if you hate cards as well. The game system helps GMs and players add an extra layer of interpretive story on top of action resolutions and helps inspire new and interesting directions in play.

The setting effectively allows for multiple word types and settings to slot right in to an overall meta-setting revolving around a small part of the English countryside that has been hidden away magically for centuries by a secret order to stop terrifying and dangerous ghost like creatures leaking into our reality.

Its a small Indie husband and wife team making it so its not got a big company financing it - this does mean they are currently offering most backers the print game at cost because they cant keep the funding total down and absorb print and shipping costs at the same time but they are also throwing in various free pdfs, not just when the game ships, but in future as well via a backer only forum area they will be setting up. This means ongoing freebies and bonuses not just one off ones.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfPirate

Hi everyone - my new game Malandros is on Kickstarter right now. It's a tabletop role-playing game of swindlers and street fighters, of love, hate and community – in the last days of imperial Brazil.

It's a standalone game powered by DramaSystem, with the Robin Laws "very cool" seal of approval.

The project is already funded and here's the current stretch goal situation:

UNLOCKED: £200: EPUB and MOBI versions + Supernatural Creatures
    More ebook formats and a PDF mini-supplement based on Brazilian myths and legends, in case you want to add a soupcon of the strange to your game. The creatures will be illustrated by Claytonian, OSR artist and creator of The Wizardarium of Calibraxis.

UNLOCKED: £500: São Roque + Rio map
    Adds a bonus PDF setting pack including pre-generated player characters and a write-up of the (fictional) São Roque district, its denizens, and related story seeds. The rulebook gets a custom-made map of 1889 Rio by Josephe Vandel.

UNLOCKED: £750: The Sydney Razor Gang Wars
    An alternate setting PDF for the game - Australia's biggest city in the 1920s & 30s, when the rivalry between two crime queens led to blood in the streets.

NEXT STRETCH GOAL:
    £1000: Aluminium Wars, an alternate setting PDF by Mark Galeotti
    In 1991 the Soviet Union collapsed, and everything was up for grabs. In the industrial city of Krasnoyarsk, while the big beasts of the new gangster-businessman world fight it out for control of the local aluminium industry, corrupt cops, ambitious politicians, hustlers, thugs, and even a few idealists struggle to thrive and survive in a new Russia without rules, rhyme or reason.

£1200: Victorian London setting by Paula Dempsey
    Take your game to the old East End of London with this mini-supplement about ne'er-do-wells and honest folk, whether Cockney born and bred or from further afield. More details to come!

£1400: Other Borders by Tod Foley
    Journey into a modern world of ancient conflicts, where secret rituals, divinations, animal sacrifices and hallucinatory drugs are gateways to the other side. The people here move in two worlds, and reality is more flexible than it seems.

Look out for announcements soon on supplements for a Babylon 5-style gritty SF setting and some dreamy Lovecraft/Twin Peaks style weirdness in the city of Kingsport.

Here are some sample spreads from the book:

And here's a video showing the interior of the test printing:

That Kickstarter link again: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ets-of-old-rio
    Last edited by Coalhada; 2015-11-08 at 02:23 AM.
    Malandros: Tales from old Rio - Kickstarting now: already funded and onto stretch goals
    A DramaSystem role-playing game of swindlers and street fighters, of love, hate and community – in the last days of imperial Brazil.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Pyromaniac Press is proud to announce its inaugural products launched through Kickstarter.

What Lies Beyond Reason is an epic adventure for Pathfinder that explores the themes of madness and obsession, of betrayal and consequence, and the hope of redemption.

After 10 days we are over 50% funded!

The campaign can be found HERE

A free Player's Guide can be found HERE. It is intended as an AP primer, and serves as a preview of what you can expect from us. The one caveat is that no artwork was allocated to it as art is time consuming to produce and reserved for the main products. Previews of artwork can be found on the project Kickstarter page.

Thanks for your support!

Micah
    Last edited by Micah Watt; 2015-11-11 at 06:50 PM. Reason: add image/update

9. - Top - End - #339
    Halfling in the Playground

Default News about Calidar

Hi gang! I’m Bruce Heard, the creator of Calidar, one of the top-rated game worlds on En-World. It is inspired from the Voyage of the Princess Ark stories I used to write for Dragon Magazine in the 80s and 90s. Some of you may remember me as the direction behind the D&D’s Mystara Gazetteers at old TSR. I wanted to invite you to watch a short (less than a minute) video about "Beyond the Skies," my new project for Calidar. This 220+ pg compendium tells all about gods, their spirit servants, and their foes, for use with any RPG. Click here to find out about it!
    Bruce Heard
    Bruce's Blog

10. - Top - End - #340

Default Re: News about Calidar

Dear Giants in the Playground,

I have the pleasure of announcing that "Beyond the Skies" has met its initial funding goal. So, yes, a great book there will be! Thank you so much to all of you for making this possible, and in time before Christmas too. Now comes the next step of hitting the stretch goals. These are crucial because they increase the amount of internal art. The dream goal is one illustration for each of the 89 gods depicted in the book, plus artwork for the other chapters, which do represent a substantial part of "Beyond the Skies." Your generosity has made this ultimate goal possible. Kudos to you all!

For those of you reading this message and who've not had the opportunity yet to jump in, now is a great time to do so, first off because the project will definitely happen. At this point, it can only get better. Kickstarter does not actually complete a transaction until the project ends on January 7th 2016.

If you do not own the first book in the series, "Stranger Skies," you can obtain it through this Kickstarter campaign at a discount. The complete PDF files for "Stranger Skies" is listed there at an all-time low of $6.

You can also own two 60-page booklets in printed format which are only available to Kickstarter backers. They cannot be purchased after the crowdfunding campaign ends. Simply backing the project with a First Mate pledge level already earns you these two booklets in PDF format for free. Poster maps from "Stranger Skies" are also available at a discount. There is a limited supply of these poster maps. Once out of stock, they are unlikely to be reprinted. You can find all this under the project's "Add-Ons" header.

If you want one more more add-ons over and above the normal pledge for "Beyond the Skies," simply add the value of these add-ons manually to your pledge amount, along with any shipping fees listed in their descriptions. I'll contact you later via Kickstarter to confirm everything.

Thanks again for your interest and your support. Merry Christmas.

-- Bruce Heard

Click here to watch the video (50 seconds)

Second in the Calidar series, this 220+ pg compendium tells all about gods, their spirit servants, and their foes, for use with any RPG. Aside from listing gods, this book's contents further develop the Calidar fantasy setting and provide substantial material designed to enhance game play, such as divine powers for mortal followers based on their piety, secret brotherhoods, temple floor plans, etc.
    Bruce Heard
    Bruce's Blog

11. - Top - End - #341
    Barbarian in the Playground

MindFlayer

I just found out that a Kickstarter for a new edition of Aaron Allston's Strike Force is in the works for 2016.

Here's the link.

This isn't just a campaign sourcebook for a game you don't play.

This isn't just one of the best pieces of work by a legend in the gaming business.

This isn't just one of the first books to give proper practical GMing advice for creating a story with your players and keeping different gamer personality types happy at the same table.

This is a piece of history.

(OK, maybe that's hyperbole. But I'll still be backing it when it starts, and so should you. If you want to.)

12. - Top - End - #342

Default Calidar -- new reward added!

Happy New Year to all of you!

I made a fortuitous and auspicious encounter a few days back, which resulted in more good news for Calidar's "Beyond the Skies" kickstarter. At this time, we're just a few hundred dollars from blowing past the 2nd stretch goal, which means more illustrations added to the book's contents.

As Calidar's crowdfunding reached new heights, I connected with the folks at BattleBards.com who kindly offered a free reward for Calidar's current and upcoming backers. This includes a custom Calidar Soundboard with 8-10 sound tracks. These tracks will enhance and add nuances to the experience of playing in the World of Calidar. The Soundboard provides easy access to the audio and the ability to organize and play tracks on-the-fly. They can be listened to individually or layered with multiple tracks for added effect.

This is a mockup image for the Calidar Soundboard

There is no access fee associated with this reward, which is offered to Calidar backers at First Mate or higher pledge levels. Battlebards successfully completed their own Kickstarter recently and is poised to launch their new service by the end of January 2016. Registration to qualify for the free rewards will begin by the end of Calidar's crowdfunding campaign, January 7th, and end on March 31st at midnight.

Battlebards.com is the most expansive tabletop sound library ever assembled, along with tools built specifically to use the audio masterfully during games. Tailor-made background music inspired by fantasy races, voiceover scripts written to bring life to everyday character interactions, and a colossal array of bone-crushing, spell-fire-blasting sound effects: this is immersive tabletop gaming at its best. Stay tuned for further updates on this subject.

Don't forget the extra reward at Admiral pledge level, which was another offer that came up during the crowdfunding effort. Joe Garcia, illustrator for "Beyond the Skies," kindly offered to sketch a free character for Admiral backers. This process will also start at the end of the crowdfunding campaign. As with the Battlebards offer today, Joe's generous contribution was announced via my earlier Kickstarter project update (it isn't listed in the reward's description).

If you haven't backed Calidar "Beyond the Skies" as yet, there are just a few days left to do so. This new release goes beyond bringing to life fantasy gods, their personal relations, and politics between pantheons. It also provides a massive list of individual powers available to mortal followers, zealots, and priests (based on their piety levels), as well as divine favors encouraging desirable behavior, and divine wounds reflecting discontent among deities. "Beyond the Skies" unveils new information about world souls, the Dread Lands, native monsters, shamans of the tribes, spirits of nature, and seitha prospecting. Divine servants, demons, incarnates, and household godlings also make an appearance, along with a host of floor plans detailing temples and the lairs of secret brotherhoods, each an invitation to run adventures. Calidar's background dynamics involve a dark peril that threatens to destroy both the divine pantheons, the world souls, and the mortal universe, evoking a pervasive sense of impending doom.

This book is crucial for the understanding of Calidar as an RPG campaign setting because it fleshes out a lot of information about the ten realms of the Great Caldera and the origins of their peoples. In its own way, it qualifies as a macro-gazetteer. It will directly impact all future gazetteers, and thus is a must for fans of this game world. The pantheons are also designed in a such a way that they can be used in other game settings with minimal trouble. If you haven't jumped in yet, click here!

Happy New Year!

Last edited by Bruce Heard; 2016-01-01 at 02:09 PM.
    Bruce Heard
    Bruce's Blog

13. - Top - End - #343
    Pixie in the Playground

I am a new member of this community.

14. - Top - End - #344

Default Last Day!

Last Day for the Kickstarter!

#Calidar "Beyond the Skies" is fast approaching its next stretch goal and reaching the end of its crowdfunding campaign. Thank you everyone for your generous support!

Visitors who haven't yet jumped in: will you put some of yourself into this fabulous book and join the effort to commission more internal art? "Beyond the Skies" has already grown from 220 to 244 pages for everyone's enjoyment... will today add more?

Also...

Here's a fun preview of The World of Calidar's "Beyond the Skies," an EnWorld exclusive unveiling the flying seminary of an eagle-knights' order. This shows how a book about deities brings to life details on the realms of the Great Caldera, just like a gazetteer. That's something you can use as an adventure on Calidar or on any other game world...

Bruce Heard
    Bruce's Blog

15. - Top - End - #345
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Default 50 Fantasy RPG Dungeon Gaming Battlemaps [Kickstarter]

50 Fantasy RPG Dungeon Gaming Battlemaps on Kickstarter

Hi all, made some maps for rpg, went back to map school, made some new maps and got a kickstarter and it’s cheap!

They come Bare,gridded, and Hexed 1 inch, Empty and detailed.

I made em small 10 medium 20-15 and large 35+

Each set of 5 maps has its own theme. Theirs Caves, The Keep, Sand Dungeons, Forgotten Places, Mini, Dungeons, Carved Quarters, Tombs & Crypts, Wizards Tower & Warrens.

300 dpi Printable for tabletop. 200/144/140/100/72/70 Dpi for Virtual Table top Gaming and Double Sizing maps for giant monsters and bigger places!

Live until 2//2/16
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...on-gaming-maps

GET $$ FOR YOUR SUPPORT!! If you share or post a link,you should get paid for it! We've partnered with Kickbooster.Me to make this happen. Kickbooster.me gives you a link and pays you 10% of the pledges you refer. Click below to get started or visit

https://50fantasyrpgmaps.kickbooster.me

Thanks for your time!

Jayson G.

Its Just Soup

[Kickstarter] 50 Fantasy RPG Dungeon Gaming Maps - Live till 2/2/16! Support our Kickstarter and Get Paid for it!

16. - Top - End - #346
    Pixie in the Playground

Hello - I'm creating a Deluxe Reversible Day & Night City Rooftop Tile Set for RPG's on Kickstarter.

The tiles are highly-detailed, double-sided and professionally printed with loads of designs especially for Thieves, Rogues, Assassins, and Rooftop Adventures, Chases and Escapes.

If you're looking for some extra or new Olde World-style rooftops for your RPG games - please consider supporting my campaign. Thank you.

Kind Regards,
    Kris from GTW
    Last edited by sorcerersaprntc; 2016-01-14 at 04:24 AM. Reason: clarity

17. - Top - End - #347
    Pixie in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Default City Of Myst - A Mystical Superhero RPG.

Hi all,

We are not yet on kickstarter, since we are still in the development phase - and that is why we would LOVE to get some feedback from you, about art, directions, anything you can fathom.

We are very close to releasing an Alpha version of the game to be distributed to anyone willing to try the game out and give us feedback.

I would appriciate anyone visiting the site, checking up out and leaving a helpful comment, or any comment :)

Thank you,

Yaniv and Amit.

Since I can post links - it is cityofMyst.com

18. - Top - End - #348
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: City Of Myst - A Mystical Superhero RPG.

Quote Originally Posted by gushon View Post
    Hi all,

We are not yet on kickstarter, since we are still in the development phase - and that is why we would LOVE to get some feedback from you, about art, directions, anything you can fathom.

We are very close to releasing an Alpha version of the game to be distributed to anyone willing to try the game out and give us feedback.

I would appriciate anyone visiting the site, checking up out and leaving a helpful comment, or any comment :)

Thank you,

Yaniv and Amit.

For starters, you might run into problems by using the name Myst.

I'm loving the art, though. Very catchy. Good design on the webpage, too.
    PAD - 357,549,260

19. - Top - End - #349
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Oathsworn Miniatures has launched their newest Kickstarter campaign: Heroines in Sensible Shoes, 28mm Miniatures for roleplaying.

We want to start a new range of female adventurer miniatures for use in roleplaying games and tabletop skirmishes, or simply for painters and collectors.

Although there are loads of male miniatures available already, there are a lot less female ones... and they tend to be split between overly sexualised chainmail bikini types, or high-level characters with ornate armour and weapons.

So we decided to sculpt some no-nonsense, low level female dungeoneers; armed and equipped so they can head down a kobold-infested tunnel without chafing their thighs....
    I've backed a few of their miniatures Kickstarters before and have always been impressed and satisfied with the minis.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"- Roger Zelazny, This Immortal
    Avatar Image: The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai; bitmap version by me.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Orc in the Playground

Hey everyone, some former classmates of mine have just launched their Kickstarter for Mysteries of the Yokai, a tabletop RPG set in mythic Japan. If you were at Orca-Con, you may have seen them around when they were demo-ing. (Why am I posting here rather than them? Well, aside from helping out on minutia, I really believe in the project :P)

System-wise it's got a great conflict resolution system which lets you engage in multiple types of conflict, such as physical(a straight-up fight), mental(a battle of wits or solving puzzles), and social(such as negotiating a contract or a courtroom scene), and uses a surprisingly intuitive character building system where you buy into "packages" of different skills rather than into specific classes. I can't do the system justice in a forum post, but if you check it out, I'd be happy to answer any questions you've got!
    The not-so-secret identity of Nat1Advice.
    I also write more serious 5e content on my blog, TBM Games.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: City Of Myst - A Mystical Superhero RPG.

The alpha version of City of Myst is out. Please check it out at cityofmyst.com and let us know your thoughts.

City of Myst is a new RPG about street-level individuals who become gateways for mythical forces trying to manifest in a dark and mysterious modern city.

Delve into the fog-shrouded streets of the city in search for answers, engage in cinematic super-powered clashes, and weather the drama of the inner conflict between everything you know and love and the Mythos trying to manifest through you.

• Tag-based characters allow for creative gameplay
    • Rules-light Apocalypse Engine mechanics make your game more about the cinematics
    • Conflicting Mythos and mundane aspects constantly drive you to explore your character's edge
    • A film-noirish urban setting with cases ranging from small-time private investigations to full-blown conspiracies, all connected by an overarching mystical theme

Quote Originally Posted by gushon View Post
    Hi all,

Thank you,

Yaniv and Amit.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JustIgnoreMe View Post
    I just found out that a Kickstarter for a new edition of Aaron Allston's Strike Force is in the works for 2016.

This isn't just one of the best pieces of work by a legend in the gaming business.

This isn't just one of the first books to give proper practical GMing advice for creating a story with your players and keeping different gamer personality types happy at the same table.

(OK, maybe that's hyperbole. But I'll still be backing it when it starts, and so should you. If you want to.)
    Only $28,942 left to go for ALL bonus material to be unlocked!

(had to remove link since I don't have 10 posts yet)

HM

23. - Top - End - #353
    Barbarian in the Playground

MindFlayer

Here's the link.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyper-Man View Post
    Only $28,942 left to go for ALL bonus material to be unlocked!

(had to remove link since I don't have 10 posts yet)

HM
    Thanks for bumping this. Now with added Kickstarter link!

This is funded, so now we're playing for stretch goals.

24. - Top - End - #354
    Pixie in the Playground

Thanks for bumping this. Now with added Kickstarter link!

This is funded, so now we're playing for stretch goals.
    All they need to hit the $50,000 goal is 500 backers at an average pledge of $100.

currently they have:
    Backers: 368
    Average Daily Pledges: $3,872
    Average Pledge Per Backer: $63
    $30,000 FULL COLOR ARTWORK
    If we unlock this level, we will print Strike Force in full, glorious color! We'll also commission new artwork from talented artists dedicated to visually updating the setting for the 21st Century!

All Strike Force backers directly benefit from this goal!

$40,000 HARDCOVER STRIKE FORCE
    If we unlock this level, we will print Strike Force in hardcover as well as in color! All backers at the $50.00 "Luster" level and higher will receive this hardcover version instead of the softcover.

$50,000 STRIKE FORCE FICTION ANTHOLOGY
    If we unlock this level, we will publish a Strike Force fiction collection containing short stories set in that universe! This Strike Force Anthology includes original unpublished work by Aaron himself. It will be roughly 300 pages. All backers at the $100 level and higher will receive a physical copy of this book. Additionally, a limited print run of 100 copies will be made available for purchase by backers for a $20.00 Add-on (plus shipping). The book will also be available to backers in PDF, Kindle, and EPub for $10.00.
    :)
    HM

25. - Top - End - #355
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default 7th Sea: Second Edition (The New World)

For those unaware, noted game designer John Wick is finally revisiting one of his most beloved creations after 15 years. 7th Sea is a game set in a fantastical analogue of 18th century Europe, inspired by and modeled after swashbuckling classics such as The Three Musketeers, The Princess Bride, Zorro, and so on. Whether the heroes find themselves embroiled in political intrigue in the decadent courts of Montaigne, stalked by fearsome monsters in the black forests of Eisen, crossing swords with stylish Vodacce assassins, or sailing the seas in search of plunder, the emphasis has always been on dramatic storytelling and just plain fun. It's a great setting with easy to learn mechanics.

Anyhoo, the Kickstarter to fund the new edition launched this morning, and was funded in seven minutes! I'm very excited about this, and highly encourage everyone to check it out. For a dollar, you can download a preview adventure to get a feel for if it's something you'd like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    I like my women like I like my coffee; 10 feet tall, incomprehensible to the human psyche, and capable of ending life as a triviality.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Finally a Deck of Many Things designed with gamers in mind!

Hi I'm Conor and this behind me (I swear he's there) is Joe and we are Gemhammer & Sons Gaming. We've been playing Tabletop Roleplaying Games for over a decade and while we love fantasy and dice rolling and character sheets, there are many things that our hobby needs to be more engaging. Frankly, the idea of drawing a playing card from a deck, checking a chart to find out which Many Things Card it is, and then checking another chart to figure out the Spell Effect is just way too much time. Time that takes away from Roleplaying and stabbing things with swords.

We're doing what we can to fix that with the Gemhammer Deck of Many Things. The first and only Deck of Many things to feature beautiful full-color artwork and the full spell effect on each Tarot sized card. Please check out our Kickstarter (link below) and tell your friends. This is our first project, and we hope it to be the first of many. Thanks in advance

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...of-many-things

Tell your freinds!

27. - Top - End - #357
    Pixie in the Playground

smile Deck of Many Things Kickstarter!

Hi I'm Conor and this behind me (I swear he's there) is Joe and we are Gemhammer & Sons Gaming. We've been playing Tabletop Roleplaying Games for over a decade and while we love fantasy and dice rolling and character sheets, there are many things that our hobby needs to be more engaging. Frankly, the idea of drawing a playing card from a deck, checking a chart to find out which Many Things Card it is, and then checking another chart to figure out the Spell Effect is just way too much time. Time that takes away from Roleplaying and stabbing things with swords.

We're doing what we can to fix that with the Gemhammer Deck of Many Things. The first and only Deck of Many things to feature beautiful full-color artwork and the full spell effect on each Tarot sized card. Please check out our Kickstarter (link below) and tell your friends. This is our first project, and we hope it to be the first of many. Thanks in advance

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...of-many-things

Tell your friends!

28. - Top - End - #358
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Deck of Many Things Kickstarter!

This looks awesome, I love the artwork and the expansion sounds sick. I'm going to pick mine up tomorrow. What about the deck of illusions, I don't see it as a stretch goal. Are you actually making one?

29. - Top - End - #359
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by radialburst View Post
    This looks awesome, I love the artwork and the expansion sounds sick. I'm going to pick mine up tomorrow. What about the deck of illusions, I don't see it as a stretch goal. Are you actually making one?
    The short answer is "No, the Deck of Illusions was just a gag for the video." The slightly longer answer is that we at Gemhammer are committed to creating products that help players and GMs play better games. The Deck of Many Things with spell effects right on the card, for instance, eliminates the need for tables and charts. We couldn't find a way to make a Deck of Illusions that served the same purpose.

That said, if people like the Art Style, we will definitely consider a product like this in the future.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Pixie in the Playground

These look fantastic! I especially like the t-shirt on some of the options! Can't wait to get home and contribute!