A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: General Crowdfunding Thread, Mark I

I have a lot of fun running my D&D games, especially higher-level games where there's a lot going on and a lot of attacks being thrown around. I typically have larger party of five to six players. I noticed that it would usually take time for people to pick out and roll the appropriate dice to attack, then cross-reference to their character sheet, then roll again for damage and cross-reference again to see what to add.

Even for someone who rolls all of their dice at once, separating out three or four different types of results, like attack versus regular damage, versus damage from being a holy weapon, versus the weapon also being on fire takes time. I tried to figure out how to make things more efficient, so we could spend more time playing and less time waiting on dice-rolling and math, and this was the result. It's a simple concept, but I couldn't find anything like it on the market.

As a result... The Battle Box:

www.battlebox.us

There's a slot along the top that allows you to write whatever labels you want on a 1/2" wide strip of paper and slip it in. Pre-make labels for different games and swap them out, change them out easily when you find new loot or level up, etc... no special/fancy paper needed.
    Final dims are 11.65" L x 2.81" D x 3.16"H. This size easily accomodates 4 standard-size D&D dice of any type (I measured, they're surprisingly close in largest dimensions) within each compartment.

I will be launching the Kickstarter in early June, and I'm currently trying to get some interest/visibility drummed up. The pre-launch link is on the Battlebox website at the top.

Polypropylene molds are expensive, and so's shipping. Bulky items ship based on dimensional weight, so I'm looking at 4 boxes (at a few ounces each) being treated as weighing 9 lbs. The price point for an order of 4 ends up around $16 per box ($64 total) shipped in the US; an order of 12 ends up at about $14 each shipped, and 30 at about $13 each shipped. An order of 12 would equip an entire party/table, and the bigger orders I'm assuming would be group buys or game stores. I do have a plan to put some sticker labels on the front to help prep them for retail sale if there's interest for that.

I'm totally open for feedback, interviews, articles, etc.

Edit 6/14/2021: This is now live!
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...e-rolling-aid/
    Last edited by J-H; 2021-06-14 at 09:40 PM.

2. - Top - End - #542
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I'd like to pitch a Kickstarter for a new gritty, Iron Age inspired superhero setting. It's called Nocturne and is part of the new Blood & Justice series for the Prowlers & Paragons superhero RPG system. The Kickstarter was fully funded in the first day and is looking for that last push here in its last 48 hours or so to hit some of its desired stretch goals. The writer and creator - Bill Keyes - is a good friend of mine and has a singular talent for worldbuidling and campaign design. This is a setting that he's been building up for a long time and he's really excited for it to see the light of day so others can share in it. Please take a look and consider supporting this Kickstarter. Given some of the other things that Bill has produced (and the games I've played in with him), you're not going to be disappointed.

I'm too new to post link as yet, but if you do a Kickstarter search for "Blood & Justice: Welcome to Nocturne," you'll find it. Thanks!

3. - Top - End - #543
    Pixie in the Playground

Hi, my name is Stavros and I am an Indi Author and huge D&D fan.

I have created a website where I have free D&D battle resources including Battle Maps and a free VTT token generator for your online D&D/TTRPG games.

To download maps or use the free Token Generator for your personal games please visits www.thefatefulforce.com

Please follow me on Facebook and Instagram for updates on new battle resources and the release of my upcoming novel.

Below Map was commissioned for me by the fantastic artist Papergriffin

4. - Top - End - #544
    Pixie in the Playground

Hello Giants,
    I want to share the Kickstarter for my game: Spirits of Cruach.
    It's like a card game in a book. The theme is DnDish.
    I created it to have a quick adventure game to play on road trips and the like.

Here's a link to my site, which has a link to Youtube and Kickstarter.
    http://www.budhigames.com/book.html

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/spiritsofcruach/spirits-of-cruach?ref=qttzu6

Last edited by Leonard Robel; 2021-06-08 at 05:43 AM. Reason: Trying to add visuals

5. - Top - End - #545
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'm planning on launching a Kickstarter in about a month to compile and expand on the seven hexes in the Basilisk Hills cluster from the Populated Hexes series. There will be three options to back: the compiled existing seven hexes (about 150 pages), almost one hundred new, broadly filled out hexes (another 150 pages), or the existing compiled along with the new, to create a hexcrawl location about the size of Puerto Rico.

Pre-launch page is here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...excrawl-region

EDIT:

The Basilisk Hills Hexcrawl Region is now live on Kickstarter. It has three pledge options:

1. The original seven 6-mile hexes in the Basilisk Hills cluster, each with 24-30 pages of content including lairs, features, new classes, rules for founding clerical temples, researching spells, ritual magic, and much more. About 150 pages of material.

2. An additional 98 hexes filled out in broad strokes and less detail than the original cluster, but featuring multiple dungeons, lairs, and more. About 150 pages of material.

3. A compilation of the compiled and supplemental hexcrawl material into a single, roughly 300 page hexcrawl region.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...excrawl-region

The original cluster of individual hexes can be found on Drivethrurpg, and for the duration of the Kickstarter Hex 15.21 is 75% off its normal price: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...-Rivers-Source
    Last edited by thirdkingdom; 2021-08-16 at 08:13 AM.

6. - Top - End - #546
    Pixie in the Playground

This is a kickstarter that two of my friends are working on, and one I would be very excited to see succeed. It's called the Scarlet Oak Tavern.

Basically, this is a tavern by gamers, for gamers. It's going to have a gaming library patrons can draw from, and provide a game friendly environment--along with food and alcohol. I've known these two for a while, and they've put a lot of thought and research into this. If any of you are in the Raleigh area, or just want to see projects like this succeed, they could really use your support.

7. - Top - End - #547

It's a kickstarter for dragon-shaped dice bags that happened to be pride-themed. I think they're neat, and have no connection to them, other than backing it.

8. - Top - End - #548
    Pixie in the Playground

Most map-making apps usually give short shrift to the Modern Day genre, if they support it at all. That's a shame. But it's also an opportunity.

Modern Day map-makers deserve an app that caters specifically to them, one with a rich and comprehensive mapping asset library.

By really beefing up the Modern Day genre content that's already available with a slew of exciting new content from leading asset creators, MapForge wants to become the ultimate Modern Day map-making app for tabletop RPGs. Whether you want to make street maps for your Supers RPG campaign, interior maps for your d20 Modern game, or even post-apocalyptic urban maps, check out this Kickstarter and help make it happen.

MapForge is easy-to-use battlemap creation software for Windows and Mac OS X.

9. - Top - End - #549

I'm running a Quickstarter for a new hex as part of the Populated Hexes series for Old School Essentials and other similar systems. Includes three small mini-dungeons, a monk class for OSE, rules for creating Legendary weapons that grow in power with the wielder, and rules for animated objects.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...e-rock-baboons

10. - Top - End - #550
    Titan in the Playground

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...s-of-adventure

Explore lands beyond and beneath the Four Seas of Siran in this massive expansion for Between Sun & Shadow 2E, a campaign setting for Tiny Dungeon 2E.

(As of right now, 19 hours and $600 to go.)
    Last edited by Max_Killjoy; 2021-11-15 at 03:00 PM.
    It is one thing to suspend your disbelief. It is another thing entirely to hang it by the neck until dead.

Verisimilitude -- n, the appearance or semblance of truth, likelihood, or probability.

The concern is not realism in speculative fiction, but rather the sense that a setting or story could be real, fostered by internal consistency and coherence.

The Worldbuilding Forum -- where realities are born.

11. - Top - End - #551
    Titan in the Playground

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...nd/description

Expansion to Britain and Ireland for Vaesen.
    It is one thing to suspend your disbelief. It is another thing entirely to hang it by the neck until dead.

Verisimilitude -- n, the appearance or semblance of truth, likelihood, or probability.

The concern is not realism in speculative fiction, but rather the sense that a setting or story could be real, fostered by internal consistency and coherence.

The Worldbuilding Forum -- where realities are born.

12. - Top - End - #552
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Luna Publishing is happy to present a set of 5 fun and unique mini adventures for the world's greatest roleplaying game, D&D 5th Edition.

This set of Cheap Thrills is designed for parties of low-level adventurers between 1st and 5th level. Many are great fillers useful for filling adventures in a campaign. Use them to start a campaign, as an insert into a larger campaign, or as a one-shot adventure.

Take a look at our website at luna-publishing.com for more information!

The following mini adventures come part of 'Cheap Thrills':

Skeletons in the Closet Displaced from his family, a man returns home to inherit the ancestral home. With plans to sell it and leave the place of his birth once more, he begins making repairs and finds an old and sealed tunnel leading to an ancestral tomb he wasn't aware of...

Deadly Nightshade A young man's parents beseech the party to slay an evil witch who has cursed their son to never awaken from a nightmare. The players must make their way into a dangerous thicket filled with the witches guardians, but is the witch justified in her punishment?

Vale of Shadow A maiden is possessed by the evil spirit haunting an amulet. She races towards the spirits place of rest and power. The party is tasked with doing what they must to stop the amulet from reaching its destination. Is the party willing to kill an innocent woman to stop the great evil she is being forced to unleash, or can they find another way?

Alpha - The blood moon has risen. The pack has picked their prey. Moving through the forest the party comes across a grisly scene, and upon investigating find themselves the target of a werewolf pack. Can they survive the night?

Cult of the Rainbow Serpent - Strange cultists have been kidnapping men and women from their homes and taking them to the deep jungle. Inside of an ancient ruin a strange heavenly being demands human sacrifice. Can the cult be stopped?

Each adventure is designed with the following:

Introduction and Compatibility: Text to help introduce the adventure along with a description. Suggestions on how and where to use it.

Map: If applicable a battlemap will come with the adventure, and a separate high resolution download will be available for VTT use, or for print.

Appropriate Rewards: Level appropriate treasure rewards. Make it fast.

Encounter Stat Blocks: All encounters are made to be printed in quarter page format for easy tabletop reference.