New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: General Kickstarter Thread, Mark I

Only a 6 hours or so left. Awesome freebies for pledging 2 sets or greater. Dwarven Forge Kickstarter. Check it out.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...nary-miniature

2. - Top - End - #92
    Troll in the Playground

I cannot wait for this game: Torchbearer

The Kickstarter's been up for an hour and a half and it's up to nearly $12,000!
    Last edited by Totally Guy; 2013-05-01 at 12:35 PM.
    Mannerism RPG An RPG in which your descriptions resolve your actions and sculpts your growth.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Pixie in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Default Character Cards Kickstarter

Just thought I'd pass along a link to a "generate NPC traits" deck on Kickstarter:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...just-add-water

I'm partial to using tarot cards for this, myself, but I think a deck with more specific character traits has its uses, too. The motivation/relationships/appearance/occupation categories seem like a good arrangement to me, and the price is reasonable (about $15 for 80 cards).
    Last edited by Snu; 2013-05-16 at 09:46 PM. Reason: increased cards for stretch goals reached

4. - Top - End - #94
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Character Cards Kickstarter

Quote Originally Posted by Snu View Post
    Just thought I'd pass along a link to a "generate NPC traits" deck on Kickstarter:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...just-add-water

I'm partial to using tarot cards for this, myself, but I think a deck with more specific character traits has its uses, too. The motivation/relationships/appearance/occupation categories seem like a good arrangement to me, and the price is reasonable (about $15 for 67 cards).
    Hi, I'm one of the creators of this one :-)
    I'd just popped by today to post it up here, looks like I was slightly too slow :p
    Last edited by Kingreaper; 2013-05-08 at 02:09 PM.
    Check out Plot Hooks, a Kickstarter for GMs whose players ignore the plot...

5. - Top - End - #95
    Firbolg in the Playground

Fun fact: the Exalted 3E Kickstarter blew through its goal in eighteen minutes, and its stretch goals in less than an hour.
    It is inevitable, of course, that persons of epicurean refinement will in the course of eternity engage in dealings with those of... unsavory character. Record well any transactions made, and repay all favors promptly.. (Thanks to Gnomish Wanderer for the Toreador avatar! )

Wanna see what all this Exalted stuff is about? Here's a primer!

6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
    Fun fact: the Exalted 3E Kickstarter blew through its goal in eighteen minutes, and its stretch goals in less than an hour.
    That's cool and all, but I'm not sure how I feel about a publisher using Kickstarter to fund its investments. I realize Onyx Path Publishing only started up last year, but it looks like they're asking their fans to do their jobs for them...Especially since they practically seem to be a subsidiary of White Wolf.
    Last edited by Grinner; 2013-05-09 at 03:56 PM.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Firbolg in the Playground

It's not for third edition itself; that's coming regardless. It's for a deluxe version, basically.
    It is inevitable, of course, that persons of epicurean refinement will in the course of eternity engage in dealings with those of... unsavory character. Record well any transactions made, and repay all favors promptly.. (Thanks to Gnomish Wanderer for the Toreador avatar! )

Wanna see what all this Exalted stuff is about? Here's a primer!

8. - Top - End - #98
    Pixie in the Playground

Character Cards has only one day left. It's now a full 80 cards (14 per suit, 22 major arcana, and 2 jokers)
    Check out Plot Hooks, a Kickstarter for GMs whose players ignore the plot...

9. - Top - End - #99
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Meet the Frog God Games The Tome of Horrors Complete miniatures!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-scale-miniatu

Come and get em while they're hot! Two weeks left!

10. - Top - End - #100
    Troll in the Playground

Now I've seen everything.

Flying Assault Butts
    Mannerism RPG An RPG in which your descriptions resolve your actions and sculpts your growth.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ettin in the Playground

Folks here may be interested in this IndieGoGo campaign to get some game designers to GenCon. As of right now, for a $25 donation you'll receive 57 PDFs from 25 different gaming companies. I know Christina and Owen personally, and have worked with Amanda. I can tell you that all three are good people who just need a bit of help raising the funds to get out to the summer Cons. Whether you chip in to help get them there or just to score the massive package of PDFs, either is good enough.

Note that I asked Roland about whether IndieGoGo stuff can go here as well; the bossmeister gave the big thumb's up...
    Last edited by Zherog; 2013-05-17 at 11:48 AM. Reason: helps if I actually add the URL, eh?
    John Ling
    Frog God Games Lead Pathfinder Developer

Note: unless explicitly stated otherwise, opinions in my posts are my own and not those of Frog God Games.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground

A small update on the Eclipse Phase kickstarter.

There's a few stretch goals. At 80k, there's a new adventure; at 90k, a character generator; and at 100k, a FATE Core conversion guide. Exciting, yes?

13. - Top - End - #103
    Troll in the Playground

FATE Core backers, the final PDFs are in. Check Update #42 for the link.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

If you like Burning Wheel (Or even if you've never heard about it)-- Check out Torchbearer, it's dungeon-crawling sequel. I'm really excited for this one and will be backing it tomorrow.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zherog View Post
    Folks here may be interested in this IndieGoGo campaign to get some game designers to GenCon. As of right now, for a $25 donation you'll receive 57 PDFs from 25 different gaming companies. I know Christina and Owen personally, and have worked with Amanda. I can tell you that all three are good people who just need a bit of help raising the funds to get out to the summer Cons. Whether you chip in to help get them there or just to score the massive package of PDFs, either is good enough.

Note that I asked Roland about whether IndieGoGo stuff can go here as well; the bossmeister gave the big thumb's up...
    Just wanted to post a quick reminder and update on this one. It's down to the final 16 hours. The primary goal has been met. The "stretch" goal is to get two "super-reviewers' to some of the summer Cons, so your pledges are still needed.

Right now, there are 80 PDF products in the $25 bundle. Even if you don't care about getting folks to the Cons this summer, that bundle is well worth the price; there are some really cool products in there! Check it out!
    John Ling
    Frog God Games Lead Pathfinder Developer

Note: unless explicitly stated otherwise, opinions in my posts are my own and not those of Frog God Games.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

It's not Dwarven forge, but Dungeonstone is releasing some resin 3D cave terrain that actually looks pretty good (check the updates for some appearance improvements that have been made to the floor design since the project started). Almost all tiers are US only, but if I was in the states I'd probably be losing money to this one too.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...nd-caverns-set

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ettin in the Playground

Alea Tools is running a new kickstarter for expanded color selections.

It's a pretty good mix; their new colors are pretty great. I'm digging the wine/slime/forest ones.

-O

18. - Top - End - #108
    Pixie in the Playground

Default ZEITGEIST: The Gears of Revolution hardcover adventure path Kickstarter

Greetings!

First off, apologies if it is a faux pas here for a publisher to discuss their products. I figured people might be interested in reading about some adventures.

I'd like to take a quick moment to mention EN Publishing's latest Kickstarter project.

Zeitgeist: The Gears of Revolution, an adventure path for Dungeons & Dragons 4th Edition and for the PATHFINDER RPG, has completed the first of three acts, earning numerous rave reviews, and climaxing with a dramatic battle to save the city of Flint. As we begin to publish the second act, we're offering the chance to get the first five adventures in a beautiful hardcover compilation!

Not familiar with ZEITGEIST yet? Our adventure paths always come with two free guides (one for players, one for GMs/DMs) and Island at the Axis of the World, the first adventure free! You can check them out for yourself - we're sure you'll like what you see! Don't just take our word for it - download them for free from right here!

This Kickstarter has plenty of awesome rewards. Not only are there beautiful, full-colour hardcover compilations, but there are poster maps, NPC cards, bonus adventures, supplements, and more. By supporting the Kickstarter you not only get a gorgeous hardcover compilation of a top-tier adventure path, but that adventure path itself becomes even better!

Thank you for your time, and if you have any questions, I'll gladly answer them here, or at the Kickstarter page.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: ZEITGEIST: The Gears of Revolution hardcover adventure path Kickstarter

For the record I was running Zeitgeist (my players decided to steal [Spoilers'] ship and turn pirate instead at the end of the first module). It's also arguably the best adventure path I've ever read, with only the original WFRP: The Enemy Within being in anything like the same league.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Excelsior – An Inspired Steampunk Pen and Paper RPG

2Die10 Games is proud to announce the launch of our Kickstarter http://goo.gl/nSXJR for our new pen and paper role playing game: Excelsior! Excelsior takes place during the Industrial Revolution, where man has reached out to the further reaches of the globe to find the resources and land to support the population explosion brought on by advances in technology and medicine. A group of explorers end up in a place not on any known map, and must deal with all the internal and external dangers that go along with being there. Within the setting, we’re trying to offer something that stays a little closer to the works of literature that inspire the Steampunk movement like Jules Verne and H.G. Wells. Here are some additional details on what we’re offering:

• A proprietary percentile skill and combat system that’s easy for first time pen and paper RPG players to pick up along with some new mechanics that seasoned gamers will find interesting.
    • A unique system for player constructed inventions.
    • Biomechanics and other less invasive enhancements such has night vision monocles!
    • Separate sections of the core book for GMs as well as a Bestiary.
    • Art by renowned RPG industry artists Mark Dudley and John Zeleznik

We allow you, our supporters to get involved in the game in a variety of ways, from naming one of the narrators on the journey to Excelsior, naming prominent NPC’s there, and much more! Visit us now at our Kickstarter page http://goo.gl/nSXJR and check us out! We appreciate your support!

B. Wraven Wright
    2Die10 Games

21. - Top - End - #111
    Pixie in the Playground

Our wee bairn of a company, Sasquatch Game Studio, has just launched a Kickstarter campaign for our first project: the Primeval Thule campaign setting.

Thule is a savage continent inspired by the works of Robert E. Howard (Conan) and H.P. Lovecraft (Cthulhu). Barbarians! Star-demons! Things Man Was Not Meant To Know! All that good stuff!

And it's compatible with the Pathfinder RPG, 13th Age, or 4e Dungeons & Dragons.

The lead design team is Richard Baker, David Noonan, and Stephen Schubert. Todd Lockwood is painting the cover, Christopher West is doing maps, and the stretch goals include names like Ed Greenwood, Owen Stephens, and Jason Buhlman.

Here's a quick link: http://kck.st/11dxIWq

And if you have any questions, ask away!

--Dave.
    @davidnoonan on Twitter.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Pixie in the Playground

Default New KS for Shadows of Esteren

Hi,

The new Kickstarter for Shadows of Esteren is live !

Here is the link: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...or-rpg-travels

After Book 0 – Prologue and Book 1 – Universe, we are very proud to show you the third opus of the series: Book 2 – Travels. The purpose of this campaign is to help us finance a Limited Edition, as well as some exclusive content for this new release.

our Kickstarter is live : http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...or-rpg-travels

Our initial goal was reached in two hours and now over 30K$ after only one day. This is amazing!

If you have any questions or wish to share your impressions, feel free to post a comment. A crowdfunding campaign is a living project subject to evolutions, and we always welcome feedback!

Cheers from France!

Nel

23. - Top - End - #113
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

I can't see it mentioned here, which is a bit criminal, but Chuubo's Marvelous Wish-Granting Engine is up to $66k on Kickstarter now, with 3 days to go. That means you can get both the corebook and the supplement Fortitude: By The Docks Of Big Lake with any pledge over $15 (and you get access to the working drafts immediately, too). It's looking unlikely now, but if we hit $80k we'll get a campaign too!

This is the new tabletop RPG from Jenna Moran, talented creator of Nobilis. It's a diceless game with the emphasis on character and story (though I must say the cool powers are very cool too). It's designed to work for multiple distinct genres, each mapped to a particular region of Town, and each supported by modular rules (such as variety in the pace of the in-game passage of time, and the different types of action you can receive XP for).

Fortitude, for example, is inspired by the rural settings of some anime, and the Pastoral genre it supports emphasises the daily life of your characters with a gradually-unfolding story. Horizon, meanwhile, is a somewhat darker region of Town, where vampires and ghosts lurk and your character is more likely to tip over into obsession. Arcadia, the shopping district, supports a more urban fantasy or over-the-top comic feel (the latter is referred to as 'Techno'). And for epic fantasy there's always the surreal Outside, from where come the genteel but reality-eating Riders.

It's well worth a pledge!

Norm
    Try Chuubo's Marvelous Wish-Granting Engine, a new tabletop RPG by the talented Jenna Moran, author of the fantastic Nobilis.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thenorm42 View Post
    I can't see it mentioned here, which is a bit criminal, but Chuubo's Marvelous Wish-Granting Engine is up to $66k on Kickstarter now, with 3 days to go. That means you can get both the corebook and the supplement Fortitude: By The Docks Of Big Lake with any pledge over $15 (and you get access to the working drafts immediately, too). It's looking unlikely now, but if we hit $80k we'll get a campaign too!
    There is thread for it in the Other RPGs subforum though.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Halfling in the Playground

Primeval Thule Kickstarter. Sword and Sorcery setting for 13th Age, DnD 4E, and Pathfinder. The team consists of professionals and the setting looks great. I suggest reading the play report from their site too. Lots of fun.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...primeval-thule

Playtest report: http://www.sasquatchgamestudio.com/t...aytest-part-1/

26. - Top - End - #116
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

Oops, sorry, completely missed that - I only searched this thread!
    Try Chuubo's Marvelous Wish-Granting Engine, a new tabletop RPG by the talented Jenna Moran, author of the fantastic Nobilis.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: ZEITGEIST: The Gears of Revolution hardcover adventure path Kickstarter

Last minute update! (waves hi to neonchameleon, who was one of the original playtesters)

The ZEITGEIST adventure path hardcover compilation Kickstarter for Pathfinder and D&D 4th edition will end at 7 a.m. Eastern US Time, Sunday the 14th of July, 2013. Because of a great response by our backers we've blown through every stretch goal so far, except for the "I hope WotC's legal team let's us do this" promise to do a D&D NEXT conversion. We've now added a series of extra stretch goals that add content to the Expanded Player's Guide. If you're interested in playing ZEITGEIST, not running it, you can get the softcover expanded Player's Guide for $17. And as of this posting we have about 17 hours to reach those goals.

So, thanks to all the stretch goals we've already reached, you may be wondering what all you get for a $60 pledge.

First, you get whatever physical item you pledged for, such as the Act One color hardcover.

Second, you get the PDFs of the compilations of Act One (due in January 2014), Act Two (June 2014), and Act Three (December 2014), thirteen adventures in total.

These compilations will integrate the various stretch goal PDFs: the Expanded Player's Guide, the dungeon crawl Crypta Hereticarum, the game-day adventure Bonds of Forced Faith, the adventure vignettes Vagabond of the Mirror Moon, the appendix Monsters & Magic of the Revolution, and the Case Files of the RHC add-on, mini-adventures for those sessions when not all the players show up or you need a break from the main plot. We'll also probably provide all these add-ins as stand-alone PDFs (depends on how the layout works out).

Third, you get the PDFs of the NPC, Ally, and Treasure Cards from all three acts.

Fourth, you'll get access to Hero Lab files of all three Acts.

Fifth, thanks to our partnership with Darkraven Fantasy Soundscapes you'll get a free download of their Bay of Corsairs soundscapes.

That's a lot of entertainment for $60.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Default Stefan Pokorny from Dwarven Forge backing custom audio Kickstarter for Tabletop RPGer

Hope this is the right place to post about a KS project...

So, I noticed that Stefan Pokorny from DF has backed this project http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...sound-project/ to create custom music, sound effects, and voice overs for Tabletop RPGers, and he is publicly trying to push their KS through DF and other forums, so I thought I'd share since I love this project too.

Not sure if anyone else does this, but our gaming group loves to use ambient audio while we play to set the mood. But, what has me kicked are the potential Monster sounds these guys want to create and that they have talent from even Diablo 3 working with them.

I'm backing this sucker at $75 to get the Soundboard and all audio they create as it's finished. Maybe some of you guys (or gals like me) would find it useful.

And some details on it:

Name: The Realmsound Project
    By: The Orange County Gaming Group
    Goal: $10,000
    Ends: Tuesday, July 23, 3:23pm EDT
    What: Professional Custom Music, Sound Effects, and Voice over for Tabletop RPG gamers
    Pledges: $5 Wristband, $15 $2000 worth of their audio, $25 CD + All Previous, $35 All Previous, $50 Soundboard + All Previous, $75 Get Audio as it's Created + All Previous, $100 Voting Rights for SFX + All Previous, $150 Thank You + All Previous, $250 Voting on Monster Sounds + All Previous, $500 Voting Rights on Racial Music + All Previous, $750 Voting Rights on New Language + All Previous, $1000 Use Your Character's Name in VO + All Previous, $1500 Create Own Custom Character Music + All Previous
    Last edited by KacyCrawford; 2013-07-16 at 03:03 AM.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Default Re: Stefan Pokorny from Dwarven Forge backing custom audio Kickstarter for Tabletop R

Quote Originally Posted by KacyCrawford View Post
    Hope this is the right place to post about a KS project...

So, I noticed that Stefan Pokorny from DF has backed this project http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...sound-project/ to create custom music, sound effects, and voice overs for Tabletop RPGers, and he is publicly trying to push their KS through DF and other forums, so I thought I'd share since I love this project too.

Not sure if anyone else does this, but our gaming group loves to use ambient audio while we play to set the mood. But, what has me kicked are the potential Monster sounds these guys want to create and that they have talent from even Diablo 3 working with them.

I'm backing this sucker at $75 to get the Soundboard and all audio they create as it's finished. Maybe some of you guys (or gals like me) would find it useful.

And some details on it:

Name: The Realmsound Project
    By: The Orange County Gaming Group
    Goal: $10,000
    Ends: Tuesday, July 23, 3:23pm EDT
    What: Professional Custom Music, Sound Effects, and Voice over for Tabletop RPG gamers
    Pledges: $5 Wristband, $15 $2000 worth of their audio, $25 CD + All Previous, $35 All Previous, $50 Soundboard + All Previous, $75 Get Audio as it's Created + All Previous, $100 Voting Rights for SFX + All Previous, $150 Thank You + All Previous, $250 Voting on Monster Sounds + All Previous, $500 Voting Rights on Racial Music + All Previous, $750 Voting Rights on New Language + All Previous, $1000 Use Your Character's Name in VO + All Previous, $1500 Create Own Custom Character Music + All Previous
    Coincidentally I actually met the guys behind the Realmsound project yesterday at a meet up. Didn't even know it was them till a Convo on Kickstarter Projects happened. And now I'm going to start gaming with them next week here in the OC! :))

So my final shameless plug for them as a celebration. Got 24 hours left on their campaign! Let's rally the troops and reach their funding goals! :)

Link: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...msound-project

30. - Top - End - #120
    Pixie in the Playground

OK, a heads up about a Kickstarter for my first RPG product called Frozen Skies.

Frozen Skies is part of a new Dieselpunk campaign setting for the award winning Savage Worlds system and is set in the mysterious, frozen lands of Alyeska, it is an in-depth and informative guide to its history, geography, myths and legends. After Frozen Skies is successfully launched, further books are planned to cover a much wider setting known as the Realms of Darmonica.

The Kickstarter is intended to fund the Frozen Skies book with the view to release it as a PDF and through Print-On-Demand.

Thanks for your time and even more so if you decide to back this project, but by all means please help spread the word about it.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...dieselpunk-rpg
    Last edited by stormwell; 2013-07-22 at 07:03 AM.