3. - Top - End - #123
    Pixie in the Playground

smile Re: General Crowd-funding Thread, Mark I

Hi

I'm gearing up a kickstarter project to expand my duck farm

4. - Top - End - #124
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: General Crowd-funding Thread, Mark I

The dear gentlemen at Zombie Orpheus has launched a campaign for season 4 of JourneyQuest!

If you haven't heard of it before, it is a hilarious story of a group of four adventurers, hired by the Wicked Kings to find the Sword of Fighting. Their task is to destroy it before it topples the Wicked Kings. Naturally, each of the adventurers have his or her reason to quest for the sword. The adventurers are looking for the Temple of All Dooms (because All Dooms have more ring to it than Select Dooms), said to contain the Sword of Fighting.

They are being followed by a clumsy bard hoping to write their epic (but seriously doubting that it will ever be more than a sad tale of failure), an assassin and an angry orc war party.

The link for the kickstarter is here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ourneyquest-4/

The first three seasons of this delightful web series are here: https://youtu.be/pVORGr2fDk8?list=PLB600313D4723E21F

5. - Top - End - #125
    Barbarian in the Playground

There are only 8 days left to go for the Kickstarter for the Girl Genius action adventure by the creators of Teslagrad.
    And since the Foglios REALLY want this to happen, in addition to the rewards listed on the Kickstarter page, everyone who backs at the $30 level or higher will get a PDF of Girl Genius Volumes 1-20 and Buck Godot plus some extra pages (which would usually come in at about $200).

Here is the link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...tle-heterodyne

6. - Top - End - #126
    Pixie in the Playground

cool Re: General Crowd-funding Thread, Mark I

We have a Kickstarter ready to hit your table with a big splash.

Exploring the dark depths, where few brave venturing before. It's time to get wet and enjoy the trip! Seas of Everglow will have new races/ancestries, magic, equipment, feat, and critters on top of other things to bring to your table as a player or GM.

Head on over to here and grab a tier before it's gone. We want to reach the bottom of the sea, and only with your help can we do it!

7. - Top - End - #127
    Bugbear in the Playground

Flumph

I'm really scared of those Ugandan bot threads.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Kickstarter Thread, Mark I

Quote Originally Posted by 0Megabyte View Post
    So... I'm not sure if this is the right thread, but it IS about the right sort of Kickstarters, so here it goes!

I was considering doing a Kickstarter for a video series I'm planning on making. I have what I need to make it right now, however... the extra money of a successful Kickstarter could be incredibly useful, going to better equipment, hiring a special effects artist, better props and sets, and the like. I can do it now, but a Kickstarter could allow me to make it better.

So I was wondering what the Playground thinks is good and useful for a Kickstarter to have! I'd rather do no Kickstarter project than a bad one, but hey, talking about what's good and what's bad in film Kickstarters even in general might not be a bad discussion.
    Thanks for defining this clearly.