New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Sheriff in the Playground Administrator

Default Re: General Kickstarter Thread, Mark I

Quote Originally Posted by holywhippet View Post
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-action-series

They are trying to make a live movie based on the Knights of the Dinner Table comic book. The author of the comic is helping out so it should be good.
    Indeed. Only seven days to go and still short enough that I wonder if they'll make it. I hope they do. KoDT is a classic.
    Forum Rules

Sheriff Roland by Chris the Pontifex

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../space-pioneer

A space exploration game with scientific input from NASA
    The creators want to create a universe based on our own that, that you can explore and colonize... Frnakly i just think it looks like an amazing idea for a game

3. - Top - End - #63
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Kickstarter experienced a security breach on their website this past Wednesday.

If you have ever had a Kickstarter account, your personal information has been exposed to hackers.

Announcement URL:

https://www.kickstarter.com/blog?ref=footer

You can email Kickstarter about this issue:

[email protected]

-Dig

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ettin in the Playground

yeah, my credit card got cloned less than a week before that email got to me.
    probably a case of unfortunate timing, but I reported it to them nevertheless, just in case.
    All hail Smutmulch for crafting my avatar!
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    Cursed zombies are more realistic.
    Spoiler: siggatar and previous avatars.
    Show

the Badass Monkby Avi. Aktarus by Chd. Dehro by Wojiz

5. - Top - End - #65
    Pixie in the Playground

hiiiiii................

6. - Top - End - #66
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Check out our kickstarter!

The perfect present for all those nerdy ladies in your lives!!!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...billy-and-gamb

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Two great ones!

The first is Punk the Capital: a documentary about the DC punk scene from the mid 70s to 80s (AKA: the birth of harDCore). Currently getting lots of love from Dave Grohl and the rest of the Foo Fighters.

The second is Viveltre: handmade marshmallows of many different flavors with all natural, top end ingredients. They've got a bacon and bourbon flavor, what's not to love!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ettin in the Playground

The most worthy of projects I've seen in a while: Bring Reading Rainbow back for Every Child, Everywhere.

Goal reached, but the more it achieves the more people it'll be able to reach.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Pixie in the Playground

I just kickstarted this game Albion's Legacy. It's an Arthurian game with some great artwork. I also like the fact that is a cooperative table top game.

I was lucky enough to play the game at a convention with the creators. Even though we "lost" the game it was good fun.

They are about three quarters of the way to full funding and about half way through the campaign so things are looking good.

Here's the link.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ref=allusgeeks

10. - Top - End - #70
    Pixie in the Playground

Good day,

I'm here to share the word of the new Ponyfinder Kickstarter. We did a Kickstarter before, succeeded, and delivered, and now we want to do an expansion all about griffons. If you missed the first one, this is also a chance to secure the first book at a discount!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ns-of-everglow

Come fly with us today,
    David

11. - Top - End - #71
    Halfling in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Five days left for Waggle Dance Kickstarter

It is a board game about bees!!!

Great fun and has been well received so far but any help with reaching the target will me most welcome.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...4/waggle-dance

12. - Top - End - #72
    Pixie in the Playground

Hello everyone! I am in the final days of running a kickstarter for my print and play dungeon crawl game Darkfast Dungeons.

The Darkfast Dungeons print and play dungeon crawl game is in the final 4 days on Kickstarter.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...kfast-dungeons

The stretch goals are really worth it. So many people have helped make this a really worthwhile project and because it's a print and play product you can just print what you like and use what you want.

You can get on board for as little as $10. Here is what you get, plus access to all the stretch goals:

For $5 more you get a set of multi-layered fold flat walls to add a new dimension to the game:

It's a tile-based game so it's different every time. The tiles and minis also work great for standard dungeon crawls and other games.

The next Stretch Goal is Steampunk Dwarf Mecha!

13. - Top - End - #73
    Bugbear in the Playground

Do you like Cthulhu? Do you like playing cards? Well, this should be a given https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-playing-cards

some pretty awesome hand-painted art by a local artist. Highly recommended!

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ettin in the Playground

This looks fantastic.

Its a game with Hand drawn animation, where you play as a bad guy Kidnapping princesses, BEING the boss monster, and escaping from police.

Looks fantastic and fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fralex View Post
    A little condescending
    That pretty much sums up the Scowling Dragon experience.

15. - Top - End - #75

More local stuff from Pittsburgh: a supernatural wild west miniatures game!
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...cochise-county

16. - Top - End - #76
    Troll in the Playground

An acquaintance of mine has just launched this kickstarter for the print collection of her completed 7-8 year webcomic.

If anyone wants to check out the actual webcomic before supporting it, considering it is perhaps a little obscure, it can be found here.
    Part of YugiohITP

Warning: This post may contain traces of nuts, madness and/or sarcasm, you have been warned.

17. - Top - End - #77

New RPG from Pittsburgh:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ycrafting-game
    A pretty unique setting and some interesting game mechanics. I really like the customizable magic...strikes a balance between detailed rules and player creativity.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

I go to a tabletop game night and one of the creators of this game was there with a playtest version, unfortunately the kickstarter is heading into the home stretch but it looked like a ton of fun (everyone who played the game loved it) I wasn't able to get in but from the part I saw it was a fairly rules light but still accurate simulation of a First robotics style competition...
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

I should have reposted this earlier according to the rules but the Aerial Assault kickstarter is ending later today and is almost totally funded so here's the link again.

Aerial assault kickstarter
    Last edited by Fjolnir; 2014-10-16 at 12:45 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ettin in the Playground

I have a feeling someone is taking the mickey
    All hail Smutmulch for crafting my avatar!
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    Cursed zombies are more realistic.
    Spoiler: siggatar and previous avatars.
    Show

the Badass Monkby Avi. Aktarus by Chd. Dehro by Wojiz

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Jim Zoetewey writes a superhero webserial, The Legion of Nothing. His kickstarter to create an ebook from it has reached the first goal, enough to get the one book edited and created, but there's a stretch goal to get a second book out of it. If you're interested take a look.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

I really like the Blook project on Kickstarter, it's about collaborative writing and publishing books with multiple authors. I hope they make their target.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

Someone I know locally is kickstarting a debut album themed around mental health and all that stuff. It's an interesting project and has already achieved the basic level of funding, but time is starting to get scarce and there's some tantalisingly close stretch goals that could really add extra shine to the project.

Turn of Phrase

We want to record an album of powerful rock songs which intelligently and emotively explore mental health and existential doubt.

---

About This project

Turn of Phrase is a new band bringing powerful raw and visceral rock music. Stylistically, our sound is distinctly in the modern rock opus, while pulling on both grunge and blues influences. We have already written fourteen songs which we will work on and choose the best for the album. We think they are all strong songs that feel fresh, dramatic and innovative while still accessible to most listeners. We believe music matters. We have a deep sound and lyrically our music tackles weighty subjects including mental health, religion and various philosophical matters.
    They also have a couple of Demo's up on soundcloud.
    There we go, that's my good deed for the day.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...cast-audioplay

Greg Weisman, creator of Gargoyles and writer/producer of Spectacular Spider-Man, Young Justice and Star Wars: Rebels has a kickstarter to turn his first novel, Rain of the Ghosts, into an audioplay. The voice work has already been completed by an amazing cast, and the project is just to cover the post production costs. Hopefully any of you that are fans of Greg will be willing to send a few bucks his way.
    Two by two, hands of blue.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Orc in the Playground

My friend Simon Butler has just launched a Kickstarter campaign to publish a hardcover book about the tiny adventures of Ray the cat and his two best friends, Mo and Spider. Not to mention the bewildered and vaguely familiar human who is called upon to assist in their antics. Check it out, "The Little Things in Life": https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ings-in-life-0

There's a Facebook page if you want to see more, and Simon can also be found on Twitter.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Pixie in the Playground

It is important that first before anything you have to set your goals and what exactly you are looking for then only go for a kickstarter.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Project Fear coming soon!

Hello fellow giants, I would like to share with you a film kickstarter I am putting together with a friend of mine titled Project Fear. Project Fear will be a paranormal investigation series but with a twist: only one person stays overnight in a haunted location to search for spirits. If you have seen other paranormal investigation shows you may have noticed there really isn't anything scary about searching for ghosts when your surrounded by friends and production crew. I want to show what true fear is like while also trying to find proof that spirits exist. We are doing heavy advertising before the kickstarter goes live, and I believe that this show could be very successful, but it has to start somewhere! Below is a link to the kickstarter preview and our facebook page. Please like subscribe and share and help me get this project off the ground!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...token=c2234dc1

https://www.facebook.com/projectfear2016

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: General Crowd-funding Thread, Mark I

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...tion?ref=video

Any Swat Kats fans in the playground?! There working on getting a new series up and running. Given that this was a show cut down before it's time, I'd love to see it get another shot.
    "I Burn!"

29. - Top - End - #89
    Pixie in the Playground

We're back, with our third Kickstarter for a fourth book! Ponyfinder is doing well and going strong and we want to work with more of our fellow adventurers to make an awesome book.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...forgotten-past

Head on over and get in while there's still time left and tiers waiting to be grabbed, because they've gone and are still going pretty fast. Ponies, Pathfinder, together like they were made to be.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground

Found another project that might appeal to many playgrounders

The Gamers: Natural 20 a cyberpunk themed roleplaying webseries, where you see both what happens in the world and what happens around the gaming table.

Note that this series would be a follow-on from The Gamers: Natural One, so if you're sitting on the fence, feel free to check out what they've already done.

I should also mention that this involves the creation of a companion board game as well- having met people here who are into that sort of thing.
    Last edited by Mercenary Pen; 2015-10-21 at 01:34 PM.
    Part of YugiohITP

Warning: This post may contain traces of nuts, madness and/or sarcasm, you have been warned.