New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Dimonite's Decidedly Draconic Devious Discussions: Random Banter #181

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_Ikari View Post
    The plan is in its final stages and I will not tolerate delays!
    Five minutes. That's all the time I can afford to play with you.

As an aside I know the Resident Evil movies are loathed, but the Resident Evil movie based on RE5 was actually fan freaking tastic. That scene where Chris and Mechasheeva attack Wesker, and he fends them both off, was imitated beat for beat in the movie. The movie also featured some REALLY funny scenes. The easiest one to explain is that the T Virus, we get to see the cells related to the virus. They are T Shaped.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Dimonite's Decidedly Draconic Devious Discussions: Random Banter #181

Both definitions are equally valid.
    And, by the more modern definition, the full moon observed on the thirty-first of August, 2012 was a blue moon as the full moon was also in the sky on August the second.

The older definition is only of interest to people who need their lunar calendars to sync up with their solar ones. And seeing as I never have to calculate the date of Easter, it's not important to me.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

3. - Top - End - #123

NecromancerGuy

Well, it looks like I'm going to cease being a Coidzor and instead become a Coidzuncle.

...I have no idea how to feel about this.

Does anyone know at what point human embryos absorb their tails, typically? Around 50-something days?
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-09-01 at 10:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

4. - Top - End - #124
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    Well, at least it's better than the other guy who keeps opening up his trenchcoat. That is NOT a sundial.

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    There is really only one thing I can think of when you guys meant people who open trenchcoats and sell you thinks.

Whattaya buyin!
    Don't recognize the reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Your new avatar is very suitable awesome.
    Thunks.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #125

NecromancerGuy

Resident Evil 4 has a vendor who sells things to the player.

He's got a distinctive... voice...
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-09-01 at 10:29 PM.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

6. - Top - End - #126
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Resident Evil 4 has a vendor who sells things to the player.

He's got a distinctive... voice...
    THANK YOU COIDZOR, FOR LINKING THAT. I havent seen it all summer. Those guys are great. The Tetris video is good, but OH MY DEAR GOD THE BATMAN ONE IS SO PERFECT. But "]the EBA one is jusst too damn silly.
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2012-09-01 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Forgoted EBA! :O SHAME ON ME
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ettin in the Playground

And all the quotes Zodi and I were making to each other were Albert Wesker's from Resident Evil 5, to which the creepy salesman did not return. =P
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

8. - Top - End - #128

NecromancerGuy

And all the quotes Zodi and I were making to each other were Albert Wesker's from Resident Evil 5, to which the creepy salesman did not return. =P
    What, Wesker also asked that question? ...That's just kinda disturbing.
    Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #129

What, Wesker also asked that question? ...That's just kinda disturbing.
    Naw, I believe the idea is that after I referenced the Marchent, we went to Wesker.

10. - Top - End - #130

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Naw, I believe the idea is that after I referenced the Marchent, we went to Wesker.
    Ah, details. I have people to cover that for me. Of course they typically end up as zombie chow but, well, they're interns so they're really cheap in this economy.

It's quite sad that I'm as tired as I am, as there's some obvious dirty joke looking at me here, I feel, and yet I can't quite remember which one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    THANK YOU COIDZOR, FOR LINKING THAT. I havent seen it all summer. Those guys are great. The Tetris video is good, but OH MY DEAR GOD THE BATMAN ONE IS SO PERFECT. But "]the EBA one is jusst too damn silly.
    YOU ARE WELCOME FOR I AM EVIL! MUAHAHAHAHAHA! err... wait... or was that drunk? Hmm... Probably that last one or close to it. I may just be a Coidzuncle now you know.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-09-01 at 11:12 PM.
    Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #131

I see...

ION: I just listened to ten minutes of Boyd from Psychonauts. I need to know who wrote his script, and if I can intern for him.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #132
    Bugbear in the Playground

Well, it looks like I'm going to cease being a Coidzor and instead become a Coidzuncle.

...I have no idea how to feel about this.

Does anyone know at what point human embryos absorb their tails, typically? Around 50-something days?
    Coidzuncle, let me introduce myself, I'm Cobuncle. It's been around a year and a half for me, so since you're in the club now I'll let you in on the down-low:
    It's awesome. Having one family member that has the joy of a child and having that child be your nephew/niece is a feeling. It's hard to put into words. But you know it now, so all's good. Not like those other, non-*username*uncles. They don't have a clue.

And I have absolutely no idea.

ION: It is incredible, unbearably, inconceivably hot down here. Stepping outside, onto a shaded patio, made of dark concrete, with the air-conditioned indoors less than a fraction of a centimeter behind me, for less than a second, and I'm sweating. Please, faeries of fall; hurry it up. I will pay you. The rain sucks and doesn't help at all. It's just hot water. I'm sick of it! Gah!
    Still, love it here.
    Some days, some days man I just sit in front of a fan and I wonder: how in the world would I ever survive?
    I wouldn't. I would die. Like, so quickly. Not even joking. Just, just drop wherever.

On the other hand, I'd rather be hot than cold.
    Last edited by Cobalt; 2012-09-01 at 11:28 PM.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    I see...

ION: I just listened to ten minutes of Boyd from Psychonauts. I need to know who wrote his script, and if I can intern for him.
    Isn't that the game that made Tim Schafer famous? >.>

Also, you should get on chatthings more often. =3

14. - Top - End - #134

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
    Huh. I rarely get hot (I've been known to play foursquare in a black three-piece suit in 85 degree weather), but when I do I'm completely miserable. And, as a true Minnesotan, I love the cold.
    Last edited by Dimonite; 2012-09-01 at 11:32 PM.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

15. - Top - End - #135

NecromancerGuy

Coidzuncle, let me introduce myself, I'm Cobuncle. It's been around a year and a half for me, so since you're in the club now I'll let you in on the down-low:
    It's awesome. Having one family member that has the joy of a child and having that child be your nephew/niece is a feeling. It's hard to put into words. But you know it now, so all's good. Not like those other, non-*username*uncles. They don't have a clue.

And I have absolutely no idea.
    Absolutely terrifying. So much internal conflict that I can't even voice all of it. Kind of exciting too.

Blargh.

Like being able to strip down some from heat.... like bundling up and being OK from cold a bit better though, rather be 50 degrees than 90 or 100. Fur and fat won't leve me get away with wearing even short-sleeved button-ups/oxfords(?) in 80+ degree weather. Plus it has to be below 65 to justify wearing a traditional suit and about 60 to wear a three-piece.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-09-01 at 11:39 PM.
    Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #136

Absolutely terrifying. So much internal conflict that I can't even voice all of it. Kind of exciting too.

Blargh.

Like being able to strip down some from heat.... like bundling up and being OK from cold a bit better though, rather be 50 degrees than 90 or 100. Fur and fat won't leve me get away with wearing even short-sleeved button-ups/oxfords(?) in 80+ degree weather. Plus it has to be below 65 to justify wearing a traditional suit and about 60 to wear a three-piece.
    Hey man, there was no way I was earning the nickname "sexy backhand man" without a suit on.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ettin in the Playground

ION: It is incredible, unbearably, inconceivably hot down here. Stepping outside, onto a shaded patio, made of dark concrete, with the air-conditioned indoors less than a fraction of a centimeter behind me, for less than a second, and I'm sweating. Please, faeries of fall; hurry it up. I will pay you. The rain sucks and doesn't help at all. It's just hot water. I'm sick of it! Gah!
    Still, love it here.
    Some days, some days man I just sit in front of a fan and I wonder: how in the world would I ever survive?
    I wouldn't. I would die. Like, so quickly. Not even joking. Just, just drop wherever.

Before I declare you to have no heat tolerance at all, I need to enquire as to what general part of the world you live in.
    Because, here, in Queensland, I just turn the fan on and go about my normal business. In fact... I could probably not even bother with the fan and be fine.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

18. - Top - End - #138

NecromancerGuy

Hey man, there was no way I was earning the nickname "sexy backhand man" without a suit on.
    Haha, well, that certainly sounds like a story. Maybe once I finally lose this last ten pounds and get below 14 stone again my temperature tolerance will change.

...Or I'll just have to learn how to defur.
    Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #139

Haha, well, that certainly sounds like a story. Maybe once I finally lose this last ten pounds and get below 14 stone again my temperature tolerance will change.

...Or I'll just have to learn how to defur.
    Well, at my high school, foursquare was Serious Business. Huge groups of people played every day at lunch. One day, since I had open hours for every lunch period, I decided to join a different lunch hour than normal for my foursquare fix. I also happened to be wearing a suit that day, because of a speech I had to give. Now, I'm far from being "sexy" under normal circumstances, but apparently when I get the kill on a backhand slam three times in a row wearing a suit when most of the other kids are sweating in shorts... that changes slightly.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*

20. - Top - End - #140

Sir, if there were room I would sig you. Maybe later. I'm hungry.

Before I declare you to have no heat tolerance at all, I need to enquire as to what general part of the world you live in.
    Because, here, in Queensland, I just turn the fan on and go about my normal business. In fact... I could probably not even bother with the fan and be fine.
    The humid, unbearable, wet, soggy, bitter, cold, rainy, Lowcountry. You can have your Queen and your sad sand. I live 20 feet from a marsh.
    I stress that I love it here.
    The air's wet, man, it's wet. Real talk.

21. - Top - End - #141

Just for reference:
    Me (with cat)
    Spoiler
    Show

Me (with suit)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

*high fives!*

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ettin in the Playground

The humid, unbearable, wet, soggy, bitter, cold, rainy, Lowcountry. You can have your Queen and your sad sand. I live 20 feet from a marsh.
    I stress that I love it here.
    The air's wet, man, it's wet. Real talk.
    Okay... You're complaining about the heat, and you just called it cold...
    I see why you like it, it is rather attractive.
    Anyway, confusion aside...
    I am fortunate to live on the edge of an semi-arid region. Thus, for most of the year, the air remains suitable dry and there is an absence of humidity.
    However, I do live near wetlands (but not twenty-feet) and in the Summer storm season it is rather humid.
    So, my analysis indicates you have admirable heat tolerance despite the conditions.

Dragons!

23. - Top - End - #143
    Troll in the Playground

Chicago is just high enough we get freezing winters, but low enough our summers can pop into the 90's and cause mass wailing and gnashing of teeth.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

24. - Top - End - #144

Okay... You're complaining about the heat, and you just called it cold...
    I see why you like it, it is rather attractive.
    Anyway, confusion aside...
    I am fortunate to live on the edge of an semi-arid region. Thus, for most of the year, the air remains suitable dry and there is an absence of humidity.
    However, I do live near wetlands (but not twenty-feet) and in the Summer storm season it is rather humid.
    So, my analysis indicates you have admirable heat tolerance despite the conditions.
    The summer and spring are melting, the fall is alright, the winter is when I never leave the house because it is judgment on our frail bodies. Heat tolerance rating: admirable, cold tolerance rating: help, I've fallen and I can't get up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    Chicago is just high enough we get freezing winters, but low enough our summers can pop into the 90's and cause mass wailing and gnashing of teeth.
    Actually, apparently Illinois got 117, but I'm hoping you both a) don't read this and b) don't click the link.
    *coolhotshades*

It's the humidity in the hot seasons that kills, and when it's cold it's not the temperature but the... cold air... equivilant... of humidity, wind I guess. Bitter. Bone-chilling. Murderous. But it only snows, like, never. I'm really tired right now. My locale's air superiority firmly established (or was it my superiority), I'm to bed.
    Last edited by Cobalt; 2012-09-02 at 12:46 AM.

25. - Top - End - #145

BlackDragon

No, that would be "The Secret of Monkey Island"...

26. - Top - End - #146
    Banned

Guys, I have a new avvie! Is it good?
    It's adorable!

27. - Top - End - #147

Also, you should get on chatthings more often. =3
    Wasn't that Monkey Island? In any case, Psychonauts was a game that had incredible potential, amazing dialogue, and probably the single biggest waste of an amazing concept. I quit the game over halfway through after being sick of all the terrible parts. I ended up watching an entire playthrough so I could at least enjoy the plot and jokes without having to do all the stupid (such as nearly break my keyboard because of that idiotically designed arrow-digger-upper)

Yeah. Sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeppio View Post
    It's adorable!
    Skeeeeeeeeeeeeps! I haven't seen you in forever!
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

Sometimes I'm overwhelmed by how beautiful the world is.
    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    That joke is older than a chicken halfway 'cross a road, Comedian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    This is probably the least amusing thing I've heard all week.
    Awesome avatar courtesy of Ranger Mattos.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ettin in the Playground

Wasn't that Monkey Island? In any case, Psychonauts was a game that had incredible potential, amazing dialogue, and probably the single biggest waste of an amazing concept. I quit the game over halfway through after being sick of all the terrible parts. I ended up watching an entire playthrough so I could at least enjoy the plot and jokes without having to do all the stupid (such as nearly break my keyboard because of that idiotically designed arrow-digger-upper)

Yeah. Sometime.
    ...well, fine. Famous to ME, then.

And if not the chatroom, at least hop on gmail chat sometime, it's fun chatting with you. I promise, I don't bite. Unless requested. =3

30. - Top - End - #150

I'll show up sometime tomorrow, before I head off to see the friend I haven't met for nine months and watch Star Wars with him. /excited for tomorrow

ION: I still have an entire book I need to read before school starts. But hey, good news, I just was informed I get to choose which lunch block I have because my class that would determine that is a freeform internet class! So I get to figure out where my friends are and then just join that lunch!

IOON: Hunger Games is a conspiracy by the mattress-makers!

(Goo' nit.)
    Show

Spoiler
    Show