New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Let's Play Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

Or I can copy/paste the supports from Serenes Forest, but I see what you mean.
    LPs that I like to think I will get back to some day.

To Make a Fan: Let's Play Final Fantasy

Let's Play Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

2. - Top - End - #32
    Colossus in the Playground

Not like I haven't expanded the supports if necessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

And that's why youtube-based LPs are never as good as the screenshot variety.

4. - Top - End - #34

Quote Originally Posted by YakYak View Post
    Yeah. So limited based on what happened.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The thing is, screenshot and video LPs despite sharing the "LP" name are in two completely different mediums and need to be treated as such. Screenshot LPs allow for much more characterization and additional stuff that may or may not be in the game. Ideally they should read like a picture book or a comic book.

Video LPs work much better for commentary and walkthrough (plus lots of failures) over gameplay footage. Think ChuggaAConroy, his video LPs are to a certain extent walkthroughs complete with stats and all that good stuff.

SRPGs fit much better to a screenshot style LP, and take much more work for a video LP (perhaps a cast of LPers voicing the characters and improving a story). Action/adventure games, on the other hand, work much better with the video format.

Quote Originally Posted by YakYak
    Or I can copy/paste the supports from Serenes Forest, but I see what you mean.
    Ha ha! The seed has been planted.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

I do very much support the idea of supporting L'Archael with everybody... Because hers are just pretty much the best...

As an aside, which I like that Seth got to point out that the whole "The Knights of Renais will never lose!" bit being kind of dumb, since they lost and all, "How come we lost" just feels slightly off from him. A little too informal or young-sounding, I think.

Also, man, do I love Gilliam's eyebrows. Some of the eyebrows in this game are just the best.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, If you're bleeding out through a hole in your intestines, you don't really have time for formality

EDIT: Line tweaked, hopefully better fitting now.

So, what do you all think about Eirika stepping into the tacticain's shoes?
    Last edited by RagingKrikkit; 2012-09-09 at 09:28 AM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Time to wrap up Chapter 1!

Chaper 1: Escape! Part 3
    Spoiler
    Show

Eirika’s first instinct was to start yelling, to tell him to look at her wounds, the bloodstains on her clothes, and to tell her that she was not now a warrior. Then her education in diplomacy asserted itself, and she took a deep breath before responding.

Vanessa

Moulder

Gilliam

Characters that speak in this chapter:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eirika
    Seth
    Franz
    Gilliam
    Vanessa
    Moulder

Throughts on this chapter:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, the RNG was offically toying with me this chapter. Let's see: Eirika gets hit on 29, Franz misses on 86, then crits on 2, then Gilliam and a fighter miss on 70 and 75, the latter saving Gilliam's life. Heart attacks aside, I did get some good levelups out of it, and no, I did nothing involving savestates around the boss.

New Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Franz

HP: 80%
    Str: 40%
    Skl: 40%
    Spd: 50%
    Luck: 40%
    Def: 25%
    Res: 20%

Remember what I said about how good Seth actually is? Well, it turns out that exept for Luck and Speed, Seth has generally better growths than Franz, although he will have fewer levels to take advantage of them. Franz is our first cavalier, and upon promotion, we may promote him into either a Paladin or a Great Knight. The Paladin is essentially the same as in FE7, but with the slight nerf of being unable to use axes. The Great Knight earns this ability instead, and between promotion gains and stat caps, is built more for Strength and Defense than Speed and Skill.

Gilliam

HP: 90%
    Str: 45%
    Skl: 35%
    Spd: 30%
    Luck: 30%
    Def: 55%
    Res: 20%

Gilliam is our first Knight, and he carries predictable growths for his class, high HP and Def, fairly average Str, acceptable Skl, and low Spd and Res. Upon promotion, he can either becom a Great Knight like Franz, or a General. General's have been buffed from FE7, recieving swords as well as axes, so either way, he will get swords upon promotion. As for what we promote him to, the General has higher stats, which trade off against the greater manuverability of the Great Knight.

Vanessa

HP: 50%
    Str: 35%
    Skl: 55%
    Spd: 60%
    Luck: 50%
    Def: 20%
    Res: 30%

Vanessa is our girst Pegasus knight, and carries the traditional growths of one, high Spd, Skl and Luck with mediocre to low scores in everything else. I'm not personally a huge fan on Pegasus Knights, but if we can get her promoted, then we might have something going. Upon promotion, we can make her into a Falcon knight, with all the expected perks from FE7, or we can promote her into a Wyvern Knight, a lances-only unit with the unique "Pierce" skill, that cancles out enemy defense.

Moulder

HP: 70%
    Mag: 40%
    Skl: 50%
    Spd: 40%
    Luck: 20%
    Def: 25%
    Res: 25%

Moulder, or as some call him, Moulder the Boulder, is our first healer, and behaves nothing like one at all. Between high HP, decent skill and low luck, Moulder's stats more resemble a Myrmidon trying to be a Mercenary than a Priest. When we promote him, we have an option between a Bishop, which is largely the same, except for gaining a skill that makes light magic critically effective against certain enemies, or a Sage, which will earn him the ability to use both light and anima magic.

9. - Top - End - #39

Do you prefer Wyverns for your fliers?

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes, generally.

*Remembers giving the wyvern in this game the boots*

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright, we are into chapter 2, and offically farther than my last try at a Fire Emblem LP got.

Chapter 2: The Protected, Part 1
    Spoiler
    Show

While not nearly the force she had hoped for, Eirika thanks the king for his aid.

The majestic winged horse took off into the sky, bearing its green-haired rider with it.

As Vanessa began her patrol, she saw not Grado soldiers, but something arguably worse.

The bandits set to their gruesome work, pillaging, burning, raping and slaughtering their way through the populace.

But somehow, two figures managed to escape the chaos, and made their way to a watchtower nearby.

Alright, she has the boy. Moulder, get over to her, everybody else, spread out. I’ll make sure the other villages are safe.

This woman was not at all like Valter, the last Grado general she had met. This Selena was her enemy, but Eirika felt a sort of kindred spirit to her. It was… unsettling, her mind telling her to kill this woman where she stood, but her heart telling her to stay her hand.

Spoiler
    Show
    Eirika
    Vanessa
    Moulder

12. - Top - End - #42

Plus Eirika would totally get curb-stomped right now.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

What are you talking about? A fataly wounded Elbert put Nergal out of action for 6 or 7 chapters. It's called cutscene competence.

14. - Top - End - #44

What are you talking about? A fataly wounded Elbert put Nergal out of action for 6 or 7 chapters. It's called cutscene competence.
    Or Elbert is just that awesome. Also Elbert's wife cheated on him, so Elbert cheated on her, and Hector is really his son

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

I missed that part...

16. - Top - End - #46

I missed that part...
    I like it more then the probable canon. It would explain why Elbert is so awesome, and Eliwood and Roy are..... so.... nice.....

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

It's possible Awesome is a recessive gene. Eliwood's mom is Negative for the Awesome gene, so Elbert's gene does not display. Now, this is slightly confusing with Roy, since his mother is variable...But if we assume Eliwood passed down his non-awesome gene, it doesn't matter the awesomeness of his mother.
    Last edited by Deme; 2012-09-10 at 04:32 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

18. - Top - End - #48

It's possible Awesome is a recessive gene. Eliwood's mom is Negative for the Awesome gene, so Elbert's gene does not display. Now, this is slightly confusing with Roy, since his mother is variable...But if we assume Eliwood passed down his non-awesome gene, it doesn't matter the awesomeness of his mother.
    Is it bad that when I read your post at first, I instantly thought of your edit?

But I like my idea more.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Barbarian in the Playground

To be fair to Eliwood and Roy, from Ninian and Nils's description, Elbert was also a pretty nice guy most of the time. Perhaps he was just RNG blessed during his adventuring days, and had the good fortune to be able to make a mustache look cool, unlike his son. Oh and he probably landed a crit or something.

OTOH, Deme's explanation works too.
    This Minase Iori avatar is a masterwork by Qwernt

DS Friend Code for Pokemon Trades and such. 1549 7971 5718

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Chapter 2: The Protected, Part 2
    Spoiler
    Show

Here you go, son.

A bandit launched himself at Franz, but failed to connect, and was swiftly dealt with by blows to the chest.

The villager had been dealing with the bandits on his end, and Vanessa swooped from the skies to clear his way, catching the archer off-guard and slaying him quickly.

Eirika slew her first bandit, wondering how this was any better than the slaughter inflicted upon the villages. Yes, they were protecting the innocent, the helpless, but they were doing it by killing. What was this madness?!

Franz and Seth found themselves fending off a flanking maneuver, but even with their tactics, the bandits fell before the blades of their opponents.

Spoiler
    Show
    Eirika
    Moulder

And introducing:

Ross
    Garcia
    Last edited by RagingKrikkit; 2012-09-13 at 12:40 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51

Eirika, there's a strength stat. Start increasing it.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

My thoughts exactly. As it stands, she gets the first power ring.

23. - Top - End - #53

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Eirika, there's a strength stat. Start increasing it.
    This is starting to look all to familiar to me from my experience with Sacred Stones.

It's made worse by how well she tends to do everywhere else.
    "Chess, like love, like music, has the power to make men happy." --Siegbert Tarrasch

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

Chapter 2: The Protected, Part 3
    Spoiler
    Show

Characters who speak in this chapter:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eirika
    Seth
    Vanessa
    Moulder
    Ross
    Garcia

25. - Top - End - #55

Ross is angry. Ross smash.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Hurray for peasants that can't identify their princess!

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

I dunno, it always struck me as he did recognise her. On the other hand, they didn't have CNN back then.

28. - Top - End - #58

I dunno, it always struck me as he did recognise her. On the other hand, they didn't have CNN back then.
    I always thought it stranger that Selena couldn't recognize her.

29. - Top - End - #59

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    I always thought it stranger that Selena couldn't recognize her.
    Well, especially given that Valter does appear to recognize her (admittantly, in a place where he'd be more likely to see the princess), it does seem odd.

Of course, given Selena's characterization, it's possible that she does recognize her, and not having been given a strong reason why Eirika should be captured, chooses to allow her to defend the townsfolk intentionally. At least, that's what I'd like to think happens.

Also, being lazy at the moment, will we be seeing Eirika's or Ephraim's route? There's a lot of story exclusive to one route or the other.
    "Chess, like love, like music, has the power to make men happy." --Siegbert Tarrasch

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm intending to do Eirika's and come back for the other if I'm feeling really nice, but if you guys want me to, I can use half the party on one route and use half the party on the other, juggling between two save files. This could be fairly complicated and would also result in half the team ending up untrained by the time the routes converge again, once again because of save file issues.