A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Griffon

Default The Return of Malfeas OOC

And so, here's a place to discuss all of our Out of Character stuff. I ask that we use the first few posts to put up our characters sheets, but other than that, use this thread for anything you want!

EDIT: Added in the Aliens

Skraelings
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hailing from the frigid northern continent of Vinland on the planet Michilimackinac, the Skraelings are, essentially, a race of sentient, humanoid Polar Bears. Despite living in a such a technologically advanced society that most would see as "having outgrown such silly superstitions", the Skraelings are, as a whole, deeply religious, and even polytheistic. They believe that the only way one can enter the afterlife is to die gloriously in battle. They are a proud race who have, from time immemorial, vied for control of their homeworld with another sentient species. This has crafted them into a race of warriors, who live in tribes based on family bonds. (Basically, their culture is based on a mash-up of Nordic and Native American traditions.)
    Mutation Package: Fur, Fangs, Large

Suchos
    Spoiler
    Show
    Originating on the balmy equatorial continent of Iteru on the planet Michilimackinac, the Suchos are a race of sentient, humanoid Crocodiles. The Suchos tend to live near water, and have vied for control of their homeworld and its colonies with the Skraelings for thousands of years. This has bred bitter resentment between the two species. Suchos are a very united race, and are very loyal to the Central Empire. They used to be very religious, but after a catastrophic drought that nearly wiped out their species, they came to believe that their God had died. (Their culture is sort of a mix of ancient Egyptian and modern Arabic)
    Mutation Package: Scales, Fangs, Large, Tail

Tavar
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Tavar are a small race, bearing resemblance to bipedal Wolverines, who come from the planet Carna. They're fierce, and despise having their size commented on. The Tavar are stubborn, but they are also very cunning. Most people in the Galaxy have a fairly positive view of the Tavar, because they have a reputation for finding unorthodox solutions to even the most serious problems. Most Tavar think that being part of The Empire is the greatest thing that ever happened to their species, and are fiercely loyal to it.
    Mutation Package: Small, Fur, Claws

Czerin
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Czerin closely resemble humans, but for a few minor differences. They have pointed ears, and their pupils are vertical slits. The Czerin are descended from a race of pack hunters on the planet Vostok. They value their family above all else, and tend to be resentful of The Empire for conquering them. Czerin are often prized as assassins, because their bite is fatally venomous to most species.
    Mutation Package: Toxin, Enhanced Sight

Tharks
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Tharks are a large race of green-skinned humanoids originating on the planet Barsoom. They live in large tribes, who are constantly at war with each other. The Empire lets them have their conflicts, rather than incite rebellion amongst them. Tharks are notoriously distrustful of other races, though they are intensely loyal friends if one can gain their trust. They are strong and formidable fighters, partially due to the fact that they have four arms. The Tharks worship a goddess named Issus, and elderly Tharks often take their own lives rather than waste away and die slowly from natural causes. Thark children are hatched from eggs, and raised communally by the tribe, never knowing who their real parents are.
    Mutation Package: Giant, Tusks, Multiple Limbs
    Last edited by horus42; 2012-10-01 at 11:42 AM.
    "What is it they say about how nothing can stop the mail?"
    "Isn't it: In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall... No, wait. That's the Green Lantern Oath."
    Check out my new Deviantart!

Quote Originally Posted by Kell_tamer
    Horus, I love you so so much you magnificent Egyptian pony god man!
    Previous Avatar by Cuthalion
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: The Return of Malfeas OOC

Name: James Watson
    Exalt Type and Caste: Sidereal Chosen of Journeys
    Anima: Yellow light
    Anima Power: May triple the speed of myself and allies/vehicles within Essencex3 yards.

Motivation: Ensure the Empire keeps running smoothly and weathers any changes.

Faction: Emissary
    Spoiler
    Show

Attributes
    Physical:
    Strength **
    Dexterity *****
    Stamina **

Social:
    Charisma ***
    Manipulation **
    Appearance **

Mental
    Perception ***
    Intelligence ***
    Wits *****

Abilities (Specializations +)
    Spoiler
    Show

Journeys
    [A]Resistance: **
    Ride:
    [A]Sail: ***** (Indomitable class **)
    [A]Survival: **
    [A]Thrown:
    [A]Drive: ***

Serenity
    Craft:
    [F] Dodge: ****
    Linguistics: **
    Performance:
    Socialize: *

Battles
    Archery:
    Athletics: **
    Melee:
    Presence:
    War:
    [F] Firearms: ***** (Vehicle mounted **)

Secrets
    Investigation: *
    Larceny:
    Lore: ***
    Occult: **
    Stealth: *

Endings
    [F] Awareness: ***
    Bureaucracy: ***
    Integrity:
    [F] Martial Arts: *****
    Medicine:

Backgrounds, Artifacts and Equipment:
    Spoiler
    Show

Backgrounds:
    Backing (Bureau of Destiny) ****
    - Artifact **** (Starmetal Perfected Kata bracers)
    - Salary ****
    - Sifu/Mentor ****
    - Celestial Manse ***
    Artifact ** (Silken Armour)
    Contacts ** (Guild shipping concerns)

Artifacts and Equipment:

Celestial Manse: 3
    Stone: Stone of Freedom (Bracers)
    - Cannot be physically restrained in any way. Clinches and the like automatically fail against me.

Resources: 5 in HQ, N/A in the wider galaxy
    Watson has a significant expenses account to help him in completing his missions.
    Spoiler
    Show

>

Starmetal Perfected Kata Bracers (****)
    When a form-type charm is active, I add my Essence to the Accuracy, Damage and defense of all the weapons compatible with that style. Charms from the same style also cost 2 motes less each, to a minimum of 1

Charms
    Spoiler
    Show

Fateful Sail excellency
    Fateful Firearms excellency
    Fateful Resistance excellency
    Fateful Martial Arts excellency

Resistance:
    4 free Ox-Body techniques
    Optimistic Security practice
    Heartless maiden stance

Sail:
    Stone skipping spirit
    Mirror-Shattering method

Firearms:
    Holistic bullet methodology - For 1m, I may fire a ranged attack without using any ammunition. If I don't have a gun, this makes the attack into the equivalent of a Holdout pistol shot with Starmetal bonuses.

Steel and smoke mandala - For 8m, I make a Firearms magical flurry of up to eight attacks directed against different targets within range, or up to five attacks against a single target, using one bullet.

Investigation:
    Efficient Secretary technique

Dodge:
    Absence - For a reflexive 2m, penalties to my Dodge DV against an attack are negated. Using it against successive attacks in a flurry also raises the target number of the enemy attack by 1

Duck Fate - For 10m, may roll Dexterity+Dodge against any undesirable effect, difficulty equal to the effect's essence (or 1, in the case of natural effects. If I pass, the effect is perfectly dodged.[/i]

Martial Arts:
    Secrets of future strife - May pay 3m when joining battle to automatically convert five dice on the roll to successes.

Blade of the Battle Maiden - May pay 5m, 1wp as a reflexive action to enchant my natural weapons with the stats of a Starmetal Daiklaive

Joy in Adversity stance - Spend 2m to reflexively activate this for the scene. While active, any attacks that I dodge add an additional dice to my next unarmed attack. Using a perfect defense ends this charm early.

Flight of Mercury - For a 2m supplemental cost, an unarmed attack reduces it's speed by 1 and I may move up to 4 yards to properly engage.

Violet Bier of Sorrows Form - Simple action, 5m. While active, enemies double their wound penalties on any actions which might oppose me, every level of damage dealt to a spirit consumes one of it's motes, and all my attacks gain an Overwhelming tag of 4.

Death-Deflecting Blow - If struck, I may reflexively spend 4m to reduce the raw damage of the attack by my Parry DV, and reduce the minimum damage by 1 dice, to a minimum of 1. Does not function against unexpected attacks.

Life-Severing Blow - For 5m, an attack may be supplemented, adding my essence to it's raw and minimum damage levels. Enemies reduced to their incapacitated level may be Shaped into a cloud of purple dust, instantly killing them. Against mortals, the same effect can be achieved with a single health level of damage.

Metal Storm - For 7m, 1wp, I may make up to my Martial Arts in attacks against a single target as part of a magical flurry.

Conclusion-Pursuing approach - May add a surcharge of 10m and 1wp to Violet Bier of Sorrows form. The penalties from wound multipliers and tripled rather than doubled, and my attacks against creatures outside of fate also devour motes and become aggravated. May use a Prayer Strip to upgrade attacks further - every hit strips one willpower from the target. If they have no willpower, it takes 10 motes. If they have no motes, it shapes them dead instantly.

Combat Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Join Combat: 8

Attacks:
    Spoiler
    Show

Hands:
    Acc: 12 | Damage: 2B | Parry DV: 7 | Rate: 3

Feet:
    Acc: 10 | Damage: 5B | Parry DV: 5 | Rate: 2

Clinch:
    Acc: 10 | Damage: 2B | Parry DV: - | Rate: 3

'Blade of the Battle Maiden'
    Speed: 5 | Acc: 13 | Damage: 10L/2 | Parry DV: 8 | Rate: 3

Dodge DV: 8

Soak:
    Bashing: 5
    Lethal: 6
    Aggravated: 5

Health:
    -0 [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
    -1 [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
    -2 [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
    -4 [ ]
    X [ ]

Mental Defenses:
    Dodge MDV: 6
    Charisma Parry MDV:
    > Presence 1
    >Performance: 1
    Manipulation Parry MDV:
    >Presence: 1
    >Performance: 1

Virtues:
    Compassion **
    Conviction **
    Temperance **
    Valor ***

Intimacies:
    The Empire (Loyalty)
    His ship (Possessive pride)
    His crew (Proud camaraderie)
    Other pilots (Professional regard)
    Erin Berger (Fire-forged loyalty)
    Leaves room for five more

Languages:
    High Realm (Native)
    Old Realm
    Rivertongue

Willpower: ***** ***

Essence:
    Permanent: 4
    Personal: 16
    Peripheral: 33 (39, 6 attuned)

Astrology
    Spoiler
    Show

The Captain **
    The Messenger **
    The Banner *
    The Mask **

Destinies:
    The Officer - In this guise, Watson is visibly an officer in the Imperial Fleet and the captain of his ship. He has authority and rank, but the eye is drawn primarily towards his rank stripes, and not towards his face.

The Courier - When wearing this destiny, Watson is clearly a functionary on important and official business. People generally feel an odd sort of compulsion to get out of his way and not impede his progress.

The War Hero - When Watson dons this guise, he stops becoming a mostly forgettable individual and becomes instead Captain Watson, hero of the Battle of Barsoom.

The Sidereal - When he wants to be acknowledged as what he is, Watson dons this destiny. He becomes essentially faceless and unyielding, an Agent of the Empire and privy to secrets.

Bonus Points and XP:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bonus Points:
    1 to buy Investigation
    1 to buy Bureaucracy
    8 to raise essence to 3
    2 to raise Sail to five
    2 to raise Firearms to five
    1 to raise martial arts to 4
    3 to raise willpower to eight

Experience Points.
    Spent: 76 | Left: 1 | Total: 77
    - Raised essence to 4 for 24xp
    - Raised Martial arts to 5 for 7xp
    - Raised dodge to 4 for 5xp
    - Bought Violet Bier of Sorrows Form (8xp)
    - Bought Death-Parrying Stroke (8xp)
    - Bought Metal Storm (8xp)
    - Bought Life-Severing Blow (8xp)
    - Bought Conclusion-Pursuing Approach (8xp)
    Last edited by Maugan Ra; 2013-02-17 at 07:59 PM.
    "Not trusting me might be the smartest decision you made since getting off of your horse."

Avatar by Ifni, who is rightly awesome.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Major Erin Berger:

Spoiler
    Show

Caste: Dawn
    Concept: Idealistic super-soldier
    Motivation: To make the Central Empire a force of good for the galaxy.

Spoiler
    Show
    Strength 2, Dexterity 5, Stamina 4, Charisma 5, Manipulation 1, Appearance 3, Perception 2, Intelligence 3, Wits 3

Firearms 5, War 4 (Tactics +2), *Integrity 3, *Presence 5 (Offering Reasonable Compromise +2), Resistance 1, *Craft (Air) 3, *Lore 3, Medicine 1, *Dodge 4, Bureaucracy 1, Drive 1, Linguistics 1, Socialize 1

Essence 4
    Compassion 4, Conviction 2, Temperance 3, Valor 4
    Willpower 10
    Intimacies: Freedom, Democracy, Justice, Hope, The Epsilon Alliance, Her family, Soldiers under her command, Watson

Artifact 2 (Orichalcum Shellcaster) (in storage, unattuned)
    Artifact 1 (Orichalcum Breastplate) (in storage, unattuned)
    Artifact 3 (Orichalcum Yoroi Rapid-Response Armor: +2 to Awareness and Stealth, +1 to Strength, faster movement)
    Artifact 3 (Orichalcum Grand Shellcaster)
    Artifact 2 (Antares Industries Omnitool - adds [Essence] dice to Lore and Craft rolls)
    Hearthstone 3 (Guardian Gem: Allows rerolling actions or substract damage)
    Hearthstone 3 (Windhand Gem: No Onslaught or Defense penalties against ranged attacks, can parry them barehanded)
    Backing 3 (Central Empire military)
    Reputation 4 (Hero of the Battle of Barsoom)
    Influence 2

1st Firearms Excellency, Nova Shell Ordnance, Heaven's Eye Marksmanship, Lightspeed Trigger Technique
    1st War Excellency
    2nd Integrity Excellency, Integrity-Protecting Prana
    2nd Presence Excellency
    Invincible Essence Reinforcement
    2nd Lore Excellency, God-Mind Algorithms
    Shadow Over Water, Reflex Sidestep Technique
    2nd Drive Excellency
    Mastery of Small Manners

Stats:
    Initiative 3
    Attack roll (with Grand Shellcaster): 13
    -Speed: 6
    -Damage: 10L/3
    -Range: 200
    Soak (with Yoroi armor): 17B/16L/10A
    Hardness (with Yoroi Armor): 6B/6L/5A
    Dodge DV: 7 (9 with Anima)
    Personal Essence: 0/22
    Peripheral Essence: 0/36 (15 committed to artifacts, total 51)
    Willpower: 7/10
    Compassion channels: 4/4
    Temperance channels: 3/3
    Valor channels: 2/4

XP: 4/44

Backstory:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Pre-exaltation: "...yeah, I'm from the Epsilon Alliance. No, you won't find it on the map - the official name these days is the Epsilon Territories. But we still call it the Alliance.
    Back in the days, the Epsilon Alliance was a republic of several inhabited systems, plus a growing collection of orbital colonies (one of my uncles retired on an O'Neil cylinder). We've always boasted a fairly eclectic population - nearly 30% aliens. My family had a long and proud military tradition.
    That didn't help much when the Empire showed up. The Alliance put up a good fight, of course. We had our share of heroes. My mother got her own battlecruiser, and participated in the Battle of Savar's Rings. But the imperials had numbers, superior firepower, way more Dragon-Blooded than us, and a Lunar admiral. We would have needed a miracle to win.
    After the war, we became one of many imperial territories. That was seven years before my birth, by the way. Most of my family figured if they wanted to preserve some of Epsilon's freedoms, the best way to go at it was from within the system - which is why our military tradition is still going strong. I like to think it wasn't all for nothing: Have you heard about the political troubles five years ago? When the imperial governor tried to pass the Emergency Act, my mother, commodore Berger, was one of the highest-ranking officials to resign in protest. The governor backed down, so, I guess it worked.
    I guess I was raised on a mix of imperial propaganda and old-school Epsilon Alliance values. Oh, I don't kid myself - there isn't going to be some glorious revolution where we throw off imperial shackles and restore our cherished democracy. But I'm here, in the Imperial Army. I'm an elite officer. I get to have some say in how things are done. If I play my cards right, I can make the Empire a less crappy place, at least a little."

Exaltation: "...to hear the propaganda about it, you'd think I'd single-handedly crushed the armies of the Stellar Intelligences or something. It wasn't that grand, really. Let me tell you the story:
    Imperial Intelligence had discovered a Malfean stealth ship heading for Elix V. It was a prospection ship, meaning they were looking for something. Our records suggested the planet had been abandoned for a pretty long time, but they sent our team to investigate. They figured a Dragon-Blooded might be needed, which was why Nexon was our commanding officer for the mission. I was second-in-command, and chief engineering expert.
    The good news were, we caught a lucky break early in the mission and managed to decipher their communication; they'd found a pretty advanced ancient installation there, with advanced tech, a fully operational fusion plant, and a bunker system that went miles below the surface - the whole thing seemed to be some kind of vault meant to safeguard whatever was kept underground. The bad news were, we'd underestimated Malfean stealth; they hadn't brought one ship, but eight. We were badly outnumbered, and they had noticed us.
    Their initial assault sent us on the run, and almost killed Nexon. He was out of commission, which left me in charge. I figured there was really only one way out that mess, so I led the troops to that abandoned facility...No, no, I'm not saying it was easy, we had to rely on misdirection and...look, we'll be here all day if I give all the details. The short version is, we got to the facility, reprogrammed the fusion plant, and went down the bunker. We had several miles of rock standing between us and that power plant when it took the Malfean forces out in a thermonuclear explosion.
    And then...well, it turned out the vault contained an old Solar Shard. We only figured that one after it spontaneously activated and went for me, though.
    What I'm going to do now? Well, we kind of have a global war with the galaxy at stake going on. I intend to win it, and send the Stellar Intelligences back to the void."

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Erin Berger is a hero through and through. She wishes for a world where justice is reliable, the rights of the weak are protected, and disagreements are resolved through civilized discussion rather than violence. And since that's not how the world currently works, she takes it upon herself to MAKE it work like that where she goes.
    Berger is highly critical of the Central Empire, but she doesn't want it gone, either. Rather, she wants to turn it into the sort of nation she can serve proudly.

Notes on Backgrounds:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Berger's Artifacts were provided by the Central Empire's military after her exaltation. Her current Backing score is both the result of her fairly high rank, and the current wariness of her superiors. The Influence comes from her status as a war hero.
    During one of her recent missions in the war, Berger and her squad snuck aboard an unaffiliated merchant ship to escape a Malfean blockade. The Malfeans found out, and the ship suffered immense damage in the escape. The military wouldn't pay for the collateral damage, so Berger chose to reimburse the ship's repairs out of her own pocket. As such, she is currently penniless and living off army chow - hence the absence of a Resources background.
    Last edited by sun_tzu; 2013-03-01 at 01:11 PM.
    Saga of Soul: Not your Typical Magical Girl Story.
    Where I Watch: My Little Pony

Avatar by Lord Iames Osari, Grand Admiral Thrawn by Timothy Zahn. Thanks to both!

4. - Top - End - #4

Um...Anyone else?

Avatar by Lord Iames Osari, Grand Admiral Thrawn by Timothy Zahn. Thanks to both!

5. - Top - End - #5

I am a little concerned about the sudden vanishing of players. I mean, sure, Exalted can be done with relatively few people (the basic characters are easily powerful enough to take care of themselves) but I was fairly sure there were other folks interested in this...
    "Not trusting me might be the smartest decision you made since getting off of your horse."

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

Uh yeah sorry for not posting in a few days i was busy. Horus had some questions about my sheet which i hope i've answered i am still interested.

7. - Top - End - #7

Quote Originally Posted by JollyChris View Post
    Uh yeah sorry for not posting in a few days i was busy. Horus had some questions about my sheet which i hope i've answered i am still interested.
    Well, post your sheet when ready. ;)

8. - Top - End - #8

BlackDragon

Alright Horus has cleared my sheet so here it is:

Fluff:
    Spoiler
    Show

Background:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shortly before Yugash began it's journey back into the known worlds God Constellation Autochthon ordered the construction of several new Exalted to aid Yugash in it's dangerous mission Passionate defender of Orthodoxy was one of these new Exalted and was given the task of preparing the Populat for the strange new worlds they would face.

Initially Passionate Defender of Orthodoxy spent much of his time with the lectors giving sermons and helping to maintain the moral of the Populat. All that changed however when heretic Voidbringers sabotaged some of Unquestioned Strength of the Populat's defensive systems allowing the Shrieking Hordes to desended upon the city.

When this occured Passionate Defender was in the middle of listening to the High Celebrants weekly sermon and surrounded by some of the highest ranking members of the Tripartite. Passionate Defender managed to get them to a nearby shelter then took up a weapon vowing not to let a single creature inside. Drawing heavily on memories of one of his previous lives who had been an experienced soldier he stood his ground for two days fighting off many attacks until the city was finally cleared of the foul creatures.

Due largely to his heroism the Tripartite leadership made it through relatively intact which helped speed the recovery process. When it was reaveled that sabotage was responsible Defender vowed to hunt down those responsible. Aiding the Preceptors he spent the next few years eradicating every voidbringer cults they could find.

As Yugash neared the frontier tales began to circulate that Malfeas had returned. Knowing that Malfeas still harbored resentment for Autocthon and wished to destroy him Yugash's leadership knew they had to act. However should they engage Malfeas directly or let the forces of the central empire deal with him? Will he leave them alone or seek to destroy them? After weeks of deadlock Passionate Defender stepped forward to address the assembly. He argued forcefully that the longer they waited the stronger Malfeas would become and asked for permission to aid the imperial forces until the assembly could come to a decision themselves.

When Defender made contact with imperial forces he was directed to others gathering to engage the growing threat.

Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Passionate Defender of Orthodoxy
    Exalt Type and Caste: Jade Caste Alchemical
    Anima: A shield in front of a mechanical solar system
    Anima Power: Add essence to natural soak for the scene.
    Height: 10ft 4 inches
    Skin: Black
    Hair: Red
    Eyes: Green

Motivation: Protect and guide the people of Yugash.

Attributes
    Physical:
    [F]Strength 3 (6)
    [F]Dexterity 5
    [C]Stamina 5 (9)

Social:
    [C]Charisma 4
    Manipulation 1
    Appearance 3

Mental
    [F]Perception 2
    Intelligence 3
    [C]Wits 2

Abilities (Specializations +)
    Spoiler
    Show

Melee: 5 (+3 Sword and Shield)
    Athletics: 3
    Awareness: 3
    Integrity: 3
    Performance: 3 (+1 Oration)
    Resistance: 3
    Investigation: 2
    Lore: 2
    Occult: 2
    Linguistics: 1 (Autocthonian + Galactic Standard)

Backgrounds:
    Spoiler
    Show

Artifact 3 (Jade reaver beamklave, Orichalcum superheavy plate, Orichalcum thunderbolt shield)
    Backing (Imperial Military): 1
    Class: 5
    Command: 1
    Charms: 5

Charms
    Spoiler
    Show

General Charm Slots:
    1) Fourth Stamina Augmentation [1m]
    2) First Dexterity Augmentation [1m]
    3) Fifth Charisma Augmentation (Charisma + Presence) [1m]
    4) Programmed Catechism Rebuttal [1m]

Dedicated Charms Slots:
    1) Pain Suppression Nodes [1m]
    2) Aegis Integration System [1m]
    3) Subcutaneous Armor Plating [1m]
    4) Manifold Transhuman Implants [1m]

First Dexterity Augmentation [1m]
    Fourth Stamina Augmentation [1m]
    Fourth Strength Augmentation [1m]
    Fifth Charisma Augmentation (Charisma + Presence) [1m]

Combat: Piston driven megaton hammer [1m], Aim Calibrating Sensors [1m], Accelerated Response System (parry) [1m],

Survival: Strain Resistant Chassis Modification x2 [1m each], Pain Suppression Nodes [1m], Subcutaneous Armor Plating [1m], Light Etched Interception Barrier [0m], Alloyed Reinforcement of Flesh [0m], Aegis Integration System [1m],

Speed and Mobility: Personal Gravity Manipulation Apparatus [1m], Parabolic Leap Overcharger Device [1m],

Social: Patriotism Provoking Display [1m], Perfected Union Patterning [1m], Programmed Catechism Rebuttal [1m],

Labor and Utility: Manifold Transhuman Implants [1m] (Giant, Thick Skin, Inexhaustible),

Combat Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Join Combat: 5

Attacks:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jade Reaver Beamklave:
    Acc: 15 Damage: 14L/2 Parry DV: 7 Rate: 2 Speed: 4

Orichalcum Thunderbolt Shield:
    Acc: 14 Damage: 2B Parry DV: 10 Rate: 1 Speed: 5

Dodge DV: 4

Soak:
    Bashing: 31
    Lethal: 26
    Aggravated: 17

Hardness:
    Bashing: 13
    Lethal: 12
    Aggravated: 11

Health:
    -0 []
    -1 [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] []
    -2 [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] []
    -4 []
    X []

Mental Defenses:
    Dodge MDV: 7
    Charisma Parry MDV:
    > Presence 5
    >Performance: 4
    Manipulation Parry MDV:
    >Presence: 1
    >Performance: 2 (3 if using Oration)

Virtues:
    Compassion 3
    Conviction 3
    Temperance 1
    Valor 5

Intimacies:

Willpower: 10

Essence:
    Permanent: 2
    Personal: 16
    Peripheral: 8 (50) (8 Attuned to charms, 16 Attuned to Plate, 10 Attuned to Shield, 3 Attuned to Beamklave 5 commited to Aegis Intergration System)

Bonus Points, Charms and Mutations:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bonus Points:
    4 Melee 5
    4 Class 5
    5 Willpower 10
    2 Valor 5
    3 Charms
    Total: 18/18

Charms: 8 starting, 2 free Augments, 2 free ox bodies, 8 bought with points,
    Total: 20/20

Mutations: 4 Giant Blight, 2 Thick skin Affliction, 2 Inexhaustible Affliction,
    Total: 8/8

Edit: Any word from Perdue? He's the only other person to have posted a finished sheet.
    Last edited by JollyChris; 2012-09-23 at 04:25 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9

BlackDragon

Actually one more thing who has ships? I know i forgot to mention that my character has (that how he got here and where his vats complex is) i'll add it to my sheet soon.

10. - Top - End - #10

Watson has an Indomitable class frigate. I was generally envisaging this being the party ship, assuming we're all going to be in a group together. Seeing as I'm the only one with Sail, and that Horus said the anima power works on the ship I'm piloting, I'm basically your pilot.

(Can handle myself in combat as well, but that's a strictly second line focus)

Also, Valor 5? Wow. That'll be interesting. I mean, James has Valour 3, but that's more representative of a somewhat overconfident attitude fighter pilots sometimes have than the Alchemical's apparent insane bravery. And with Temperence 1. Oh, you are just going to be amazingly easily to goad into a fight.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by JollyChris View Post
    Any word from Perdue? He's the only other person to have posted a finished sheet.
    I sent Perdue a PM with a link to the thread. If he's still interested, I hope he'll get in on the game. If not, would you guys rather just start the game with three players, or reopen recruitment?
    "Isn't it: In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall... No, wait. That's the Green Lantern Oath."

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12

Quote Originally Posted by horus42 View Post
    I sent Perdue a PM with a link to the thread. If he's still interested, I hope he'll get in on the game. If not, would you guys rather just start the game with three players, or reopen recruitment?
    I've seen games last a good time with three.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Griffon

Ok, then if I haven't heard from Perdue by tomorrow, we'll go ahead and get the game started.

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14

BlackDragon

Starting with just the three of us is fine with me.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateGuy

Yeah sorry was a bit of a busy weekend.

----character----

Siku, Night Caste Solar
    The Infiltrator

Spoiler
    Show
    Name Siku
    Exalt Type and Caste Solar Night
    Anima A woman playing a harp.

Motivation Infiltrate every organizations and governments in the Galaxy.

Backstory
    Siku has trained all his life to be an infiltrator. He learned how to blend in the crowd and used thrown weapons, as his favorite mean of taking out targets. It was an easy and quiet way to take care of his objectives. Siku exalted during one of his infiltration mission, where he had managed to bypass most of the building defenses and ended up surrounded by many guards. He attacked them from the shadows. They couldn't do anything and ended up being dispatched.

Since his exaltation, he applied as an infiltrator for the Lunar Empire. He has been working diligently ever since, going to places where most people wouldn't dare to go and gathering intelligence on their foes.

Beside doing some infiltration, Siku enjoyed his time during missions and exploring weird and exotic planets. When the message came through that they needed to find a way to banish Malfeas, he was one of the first to sign up for this task. Since then, he had been looking all over the planets for a way to banish Malfeas.

Attributes

Physical
    Strength ●●●●
    Dexterity ●●●●
    Stamina ●●●

Social
    Charisma ●●●
    Manipulation ●●●
    Appearance ●●●

Mental
    Perception ●●
    Intelligence ●●
    Wits ●●●

Abilities

Firearms
    Archery
    Martial Arts
    Melee
    [F]Thrown ●●●●● (Sky-cutter+3)
    War

[F]Integrity ●●●
    Performance
    Presence
    Resistance
    Survival

Craft
    [F]Investigate ●
    Lore ●
    Medicine
    Occult

[C]Athletics ●●●●●
    [C]Awareness ●●●
    [C]Dodge ●●●●● (Multiple Opponents +1)
    [C]Larceny
    [C]Stealth ●●●●●

Bureaucracy
    [F]Linguistics ●
    Ride
    Sail
    [F]Drive ●
    Socialize ●

Backgrounds
    Orichalcum Sky-Cutter (artifact 2)
    Manse 5 (Gem of Perfect Mobility)
    Orichalcum Hearthstone Bracers (Artifact 2)

Artifacts and Equipment
    Orichalcum Sky-Cutter: Speed 5, Accuracy +2, Damage +6L/3, Rate 2 Range 100, Tags: O.

Charms

Athletics
    2nd Excellency

Stealth
    2nd Excellency
    Easily Overlooked Presence Method

Dodge
    Third Excellency
    Shadow Over Water
    Seven Shadow Evasion
    Reflex Sidestep Technique
    Leaping Dodge Method

Thrown
    First Excellency
    Infinite Thrown Mastery
    Observer Deceiving Attack
    Falling Icicle Strike
    Triple-Distance Attack Technique
    Cascade of Cutting Terror

Linguistics
    Sagacious reading of Intent

Join Combat: 6

Defenses
    Dodge DV 8
    Parry DV N/A

Soak: 3B/1L

Health
    -0 [ ]
    -1 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
    -2 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
    -4 [ ]
    -X [ ]

Mental Defenses
    Dodge MDV 7
    Parry MDV

Virtues
    Compassion ●●
    Conviction ●●
    Temperance ●●●
    Valor ●●

Virtue Flaw / Flawed Virtue Ascetic Drive (Temperance)

Intimacies:
    The Lunar Empire (+), Malfeas and his peers (-).

Willpower:8/8

Essence
    Permanent: ●●●
    Personal: 17/17 (0 Committed)
    Peripheral: 30/38 (8 Committed)

Bonus Points 0/18
    7 for E3
    3 for willpower 8.
    4 for Manse 5.
    2 for integrity.
    2 for awareness.

Experience Points
    Last edited by Perdue; 2012-09-24 at 07:15 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Griffon

Oh, it's no problem. Sorry I sort of jumped to conclusions.

Anyway, with the four of you ready now, we can go ahead and get the game started. The IC thread is here: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...8#post13951268

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17

Excellent. We're away!

And yes, I called my ship the Mercury. Not amazingly original, but I needed something I could remember.

18. - Top - End - #18

I apologise if that charm breaks the intended investigation a little, but... Sidereal. The original charm goes and reads the answer in the loom of fate, so it's virtually impossible to fool provided you're not a Raksha.

As an example, the book lists 'Who stabbed Sestus Leor' as a valid question, but not 'who murdered Sestus Leor', as murder is a matter of intent rather than facts.

19. - Top - End - #19

Quote Originally Posted by Maugan Ra View Post
    I apologise if that charm breaks the intended investigation a little, but... Sidereal. The original charm goes and reads the answer in the loom of fate, so it's virtually impossible to fool provided you're not a Raksha.

As an example, the book lists 'Who stabbed Sestus Leor' as a valid question, but not 'who murdered Sestus Leor', as murder is a matter of intent rather than facts.
    Well, Berger definitely won't mind if he uses the same Charm to answer her question about logistics. Are his forces dependent on unbihexium batteries? Does he need more optronic chips to automate his armies? Does he need antimatter reserves for energy? Carbosteel to build more ships?

20. - Top - End - #20

Unfortunately, the charm is limited to fairly exact questions. The spider has no knowledge of war or logistics, so it cannot judge the logistical requirements of the Malfean ships. It could probably pull up total and exact schematics of their individual designs, though, as well as their exact numbers and dispositions in any particular theatre. I expect the rest of the Sidereals already have.

So, let's get underway. Time to save the galaxy.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Griffon

Well, I suppose I should have looked at the OOC thread much sooner than I did... But the fact that you used that charm is fine by me. I have no problems with PCs using any of the resources available to them.

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22

I couldn't find anything in the books to help me work out the exact travel times for a ship, so I made them up. In any case, we are moving at top speed multiplied by six here, due to Watson being a Chosen of Journeys who is very good at his job.

With what should be a two-dice stunt there to regenerate willpower, and the benefits of my Manse background, I should even be fully resupplied with essence by the time we reach Barsoom. Just bring us in wherever is dramatically appropriate and near to what we're searching for, eh Horus?

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Griffon

I couldn't find anything in the books to help me work out the exact travel times for a ship, so I made them up. In any case, we are moving at top speed multiplied by six here, due to Watson being a Chosen of Journeys who is very good at his job.

With what should be a two-dice stunt there to regenerate willpower, and the benefits of my Manse background, I should even be fully resupplied with essence by the time we reach Barsoom. Just bring us in wherever is dramatically appropriate and near to what we're searching for, eh Horus?
    Yeah, that was pretty much my plan!

Also, I think that's where I'm going to stop for now, just to let Perdue catch up. Don't want to get too far without him.
    Last edited by horus42; 2012-09-25 at 04:37 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24

And yes, I am basically suggesting taunting Malfeas while running away holding the prize. It is a plan that will quite possibly go very wrong, but it should draw the majority of the SI's strength away from Barsoom, and thus save millions of lives.

Watson isn't quite as compassionate as Berger, but he still values that as a priority. Also, the idea of baiting a nigh-omnipotent god-machine sounds amusing to him.

25. - Top - End - #25

Works for Berger.

26. - Top - End - #26

BlackDragon

Maugan Ra i noticed you're spending enough other motes to let you activate your anima power for 5 motes rather than 10. Since i don't know how many motes you'll be able to get back in 6 hours if you're flying the ship i thought i'd point that out.

Oh and Passionate Defender is fine with the reckless plan of taunting Malfeas.

27. - Top - End - #27

With the Rating 3 hearthstone, I can get back 6 additional motes an hour. I have more than enough motes to spare.

And yes, I figured a sufficiently insane plan would appeal to the Valour 4 and 5 warrior types...

28. - Top - End - #28

And yes, I figured a sufficiently insane plan would appeal to the Valour 4 and 5 warrior types...
    Berger isn't reckless. She's just not gonna let immense danger get in the way of saving people.

29. - Top - End - #29

Heh. Ah, technicalities, my old friends...

And yay for setting up and indulging in character-building dialogue. I initially intended Watson to be a much more fiery type, but he's not settling into that mold in my head.

Also, will probably get to work on developing Intimacies soon, as relating to my new team-mates. What form they take will be decided by this and other conversations.

30. - Top - End - #30

Unless our esteemed Storyteller has any objections, I've made some last-minute modifications to Erin Berger's crunch - it's occurred to me that in a campaign about a galactic war, maybe the Dawn Caste ought to, you know, be good at War.
    So, for the sake of a 4th Dot in War and an Excellency in the same, I've removed one Dot from Linguistics and Chaos-Repelling Pattern.
    Actually, come to think of it, what languages are available in this setting? And how relevant are Charms for protection from the Wyld?