Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [PitP] Ponythread RP OOC

Chances are, if you've ever been on the My Little Pony media thread, you've seen the roleplaying antics. Now we've finally started our own thread, we need an OOC thread for it.

Intros!

Dive Bomb, mad scientist. Native of Cloudsdale, he specializes in explosives and futuristic technology, such as antimatter, fusion, and phlebotinum. In the recent past, he's gone from neutral weapons dealer to active contender in the equestrian arms race to repentant anti-hero.

Blunt Trauma, his manservant and bodyguard, is a purple amalgamation of twelve different ponies, stitched together and animated by Dive Bomb. His main attributes are genius level intelligence and being nigh indestructible.

DB's daughter, Athena, was actually born from a cloning attempt gone wrong when angry villagers swarmed the secret base and cast spells into the mix. Since then, she's been mutatedinto an alicorn through one of Boffinspark's retroviruses, and is currently trying to take over the world.

All of this, to be honest, is somewhat indicative of the general character power level of the characters in this thread.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [PitP] Ponythread RP OOC

Character bio:

TS-407, aka Tinsel
    Robotic soldier, last functioning unit of a mysterious robotic army led by a supercomputer called Control. (Though he will not be the only unit for long). Has only recently gained sentience, and gained emotions only more recently. Just as this thread started, in fact. Before this point, he was on a mission to determine a new primary directive for Control, which he has now decided is to protect the ponies of Equestria.
    Because darn it, this RP needs more good guys.
    One Tin Pony avatar by Balmas

Current Projects: Dragon: the Inheritance

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Assessment Results

Name: Terra.

Sex: No, and the alternative is too disturbing to contemplate.

Physiology: Subject is a small, gangly female winged unicorn, believed to be around 12 years of age. Coat colour is green; mane and tail are light blue and roughly cut; eyes are deep purple. Muscular development is minimal, and her physical strength is lacking. No mark has manifested.

Psychology: Subject seems distant and detached, and possesses tendencies toward melancholy. Rather naive; very few influences on her mental development. Prone to underconfidence.

She has occasionally shown a strange fascination with rocks.

Origins: Unknown.

Associations: None known.

Abilities: Slight magical abilities, with strong potential for more. However, she lacks training, and can't even fly yet either.

Power Rating: 1/7. Barely capable of combat. Even ice fairies are stronger.

Movement Speed: ****

Attack Range: *

Attack Power: *

Possessions: Subject possesses nothing except a tattered brown cloak and a faded purple vest, which she wears to keep herself warm at night.

Summary: She's barely worth our notice. A mockery of a princess.

When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

4. - Top - End - #4

Silent Night is the local undead cult leader. Born in Stalliongrad and is the leader of the Scions of Darkness, he rarely uses his clerical abilites but is neverless stupidly durable thanks to a nigh-constant pumping of negitive energy into his putrid body by some special ability or another. Able to swap bodies with unwilling creatures, he serves the Nightmare with all his power. Apparently. He is effectivly Boffenspark's archenemy, dispite them being in-laws in at least one other reality.

Nightcore is Silents snarky neice, the daughter of a very, very russian sister of his that he later tricked into going into a Tartarusian gate and sealed her in. He ran Nightcore through a mockery of a childhood, and has long hated him for that but has since learned to hate him as a person. Startlingly compitent when she gets even the smallest sliver of power, she often thinks that Silent's passive rule over the Children was weak. Is powerful at sonic magics, but has some basic necromantic skills.

Glory (formerly unnamed) is the local Far-realm esqu entity that takes the form of a vaugly deformed pegusi. Is Nightcores marefriend, and is a potent shapeshifter. Other than that, she's realy just a calm head and rarely fights unless it's needed.

Charnel is a (formerly) little filly who, in Dnd terms, would be a Pesudonatural Fire Elemental(creature) Half-Fiend Ghul. Silents(?) daughter from another dimension, she is ment to be a sort of Raven figure: grows up, end of the world, ect. Currantly, however, this stupidly powerful hug-obsessed filly is mostly like a normal child....if a normal child can use Fleshcrafting at a whim and is almost omipotent when it comes to necromantic or fire-based feats of skill . To young to actual use her skills for her father's goals..for now.

Infernia is the original hug-happy fire elemental. Originaly a major player in the Boffenspark-Silent feud, she is now content in living in the Elemental Plane of Fire and watching the conflict. Charnel is her's and Silents child from a alternet timeline.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Professor Boffinspark is a former student of Princess Celestia and current mad scientist. Based in his small fleet of airships, the professor divides his time between performing dangerous experiments and firing off barrages of friendship blasts from his OFC network. Over his long and frequently bizarre career, the professor has become the archenemy of Silent Night and his cult, spliced his DNA with that of a phoenix and married Princess Pyria of the Fire Elementals.

Igor, Professor Boffinspark’s assistant, is an orangutan granted genius-level intelligence through one of Boffinspark’s early experiments. Having somehow gained exceptional hand-to-hoof combat skills, Igor serves as the professor’s muscle when he encounters problems that can’t be solved via orbital bombardment. While normally Igor’s vocabulary is restricted to the “ooks” common to his species, occasionally he’ll use the airship’s computer as a translation device when he feels the need to make himself heard.
    One word of warning, don’t ever refer to Igor as a “monkey”.

Prince Regeln is known throughout Canterlot as Princess Celestia’s personal assistant; however, what few ponies know is that he is in fact a centuries old dragon, raised by Princess Celestia herself, and he has served the Princesses since before Luna became Nightmare Moon. More recently, Regeln has found himself assigned to Professor Boffinspark as an overseer, in hopes that Regeln can prevent the professor from causing Equestria any long-term damage.

Princess Pyria of the Fire Elemental Kingdom is Boffinspark’s wife, having met him while trying to apprehend her wayward younger sister, Infernia. While moderately more reasonable than her trigger-happy husband, Pyria seems to have difficulty with concepts such as restraint, or the idea that ponies don’t react well to beings that descend from the sky in flames while yelling at the top of their lungs.

Octy originated as part of a ninja cloning program started by Professor Boffinspark to provide him with an army of readily disposable minions that could be deployed against Silent Night’s cult members. Unfortunately, according to the professor, such a cloning program is bound to occasionally produce “genetic anomalies”, which in Octy’s case means a giant Pinkie Pie/Octopus monster. Rather than dispose of the monstrosity, Boffinspark used her in several experiments regarding unstable “Pink One” energy, causing Octy to grow to enormous size and emit energy waves hazardous to undead and eldritch abominations. While normally friendly, if somewhat terrifying, Octy has on several occasions demonstrated a fierce sense of protectiveness towards her “father”.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

6. - Top - End - #6

Welp, Silent Night has gained freedom, a partnership between two insane scienceponies is inevitable,a seemingly snapped cult princess has declared a marrage proposal to a elderich abomination in a meat-covered basement and theres a little Alicorn with a unkown past wandering around. And those are just the ponies most likely to blow up the planet.

Last edited by Pokonic; 2012-09-29 at 11:11 PM.
    Show

7. - Top - End - #7

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Welp, Silent Night has gained freedom, a partnership between two insane scienceponies is inevitable,a seemingly snapped cult princess has declared a marrage proposal to a elderich abomination in a meat-covered basement and theres a little Alicorn with a unkown past wandering around. And those are just the ponies most likely to blow up the planet.

I think it's just that it's more concentrated because we don't have the rest of ponythread interrupting.

Now the only thing left to do is resist godmodding... Phbbt. Yeah, right.
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

8. - Top - End - #8

Am I the only one who finds it funny that we have three alicorn fillies running around?

9. - Top - End - #9
    Barbarian in the Playground

... And now I see a new ponythread. Just for RP. I think this will be good.

Is there a recruitment thread separate from this, or should I put up a character here?
    Characters in Lords of Creation games:
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Xacha, the Metal Serpent.
    Viltasa, the Evening Star.
    Yash-Ko, the Flame of the Void.
    Argul Lugra, Lord of the Eyes.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.
    Valendron, Ascending Wind.

Drow Lord avatar by Dread Angel.

10. - Top - End - #10

This is recruitment, character list, and OOC all together in one glorious, chaotic mashup.

11. - Top - End - #11

So, this was too awesome to go uncommented upon.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Three Planar Shards of Darkside Ponythread.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gummy-Dimension

Stalliongrad

Mad Science Equestria

(The project to map out a composite image/map/guide to Ponythread's Meta-Cosmology kind of fizzled out after these three.)

12. - Top - End - #12
    Barbarian in the Playground

Okay. This thread needs more good guys, am I right?

Enter Morning Chord. He comes from a universe where the Elements of Harmony were lost long ago, their bearers corrupting the Elements themselves with their actions (save Generosity and Kindness, who tried to escape and save some goodness in the world). When Nightmare Moon rose, she easily defeated all who tried to stop her, as there were two Elements missing from the six. She moved to bring all Equestria into eternal night, crushing towns and villages ruthlessly. Celestia's finest unicorn mages worked night and day on a new project to defeat the evil mare: a device that would convert any energy into any other type (heat energy into arcane energy, kinetic energy into sonic, etc.). This would allow Celestia to harness the pure power of the sun as arcane energy to put down Nightmare Moon. They finally created it and presented it to their princess, just as Nightmare Moon flew on silent wings into Canterlot. The Sun Princess's horn glowed. Then, something went wrong.

Celestia's enemy was her sister, so the remaining scholars after the war suspect that it may have had to do with the sun-bearer's reluctance to kill Luna, even in evil form, that contributed to it. Others have speculated that the sun's energy was too much. Whatever the case, the palace exploded in a burst of incredible fire. Both princesses perished. All that was left was the smoking city of Canterlot and the mourning nation of Equestria.

The sun and moon try to stay on the same paths as they did during the reign of Princess Celestia, but they wander erratically, sometimes even crossing each other. Princess Cadence assumed control of the country as best she could, relying on love and tolerance to find good bearers for the remaining Elements. She searched for the two missing Elements as well; her searchers found Generosity far away in the Mild West and Kindness, borne in the shape of a music note on the neck of a colt named Morning Chord.

Morning Chord was kind. He helped all as he could. But he was overburdened by so much need, and, Cadenza giving him the strange device that had killed Nightmare Moon, he used a spell of finding to go to a place where he could find help to rebuild his Equestria, and maybe spread joy there as well.

Morning Chord, physically, is a male dark caramel-colored unicorn whose cutie mark, three half notes, represents his love of music, and whose mane is navy blue. He plays every instrument a little, though his main instruments are the trumpet, saxophone, and piano, jazz and improvisation being his forté. The device, which he always wears, is a silver-colored device that wraps around his horn. His only other possesions are an incredible tumpet and the Element of Kindness. He uses the sonic energy generated through music to augment his magic, and vice versa.

How's it look?
    Characters in Lords of Creation games:
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Xacha, the Metal Serpent.
    Viltasa, the Evening Star.
    Yash-Ko, the Flame of the Void.
    Argul Lugra, Lord of the Eyes.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.
    Valendron, Ascending Wind.

Drow Lord avatar by Dread Angel.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

There really isn't an approval process, at least, not what I've seen. Things just sort of flow together like a river of complete illogic. @[email protected]

Anyways, the two dudes I have in play are Candles and Sera.

Since I'm not at an area where I can grab any picture I want, this little drawing will have to do. That's Candles--a navy colt in a torn up robe with an old hat and a magical amulet. He's been charged with, well, 'evacuation': basically just rounding up civillian ponies and giving them free rides to safer, less insane dimensions of Equestria.

He has a traveling companion in the form of Sera: my current avatar, seraphim pony extrodanaire. I'd talk about her, but I'm much rather just play as her a bit instead.

Right, uh... I know I complained a lot about this RP in the main thread, due to my thinking it wasn't really, er, very pony. No hard feelings, right?

Also, making a truce: I won't godmod if you guys don't godmod!

*Is pretty much incapable of godmodding >_>*

Edit: Here some other pictures of Candles. I'm going to be off camping until tomorrow, so I'll get around to your post then, Forum Explorer. ^_^

Last edited by Tectonic Robot; 2012-10-12 at 03:40 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    So, this was too awesome to go uncommented upon.
    To be fair, Boffenspark and Silent both seem to inhabit the same "basic" Equestria mirror, which includes a ravaged Zebrica, a Elemental Plane for both Shadow and Fire, it's own "rules" for negitive energy, and of course a dead Canterlot.

....Also, Iram, Alpacastan, Llamabad, and Camelshan exist near the so far unmentioned Quaggtar, Lebaaanon, Neighmen, Jourdame, Syrimane, Turkniegh,and Saddle Arabia,which has been shot at with rainbow lazers enough been used enough that the Sandy South might be a genuine sphere.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15

I believe I've come up with an accurate simile for Ponythread RP:

Ponythread is like a game of Paranoia where everyone believes themselves to be the gamemaster, complete with rampant disregard for other people's sanity. There is no order, no surprise that you didn't prepare for, and endless counters to everyone else.

16. - Top - End - #16

Also, you forgot this:

Show

17. - Top - End - #17

Also, you forgot this:

Or we could say that it takes place in Pinkie's mind, yes.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

Sir Lancer 'o' Plenty a friendly and cheery stallion of nobility. He owns a well earning sugar cane plantation, providing all the sugar a pony could ever need. He's a little naive and means well. Enjoys meeting new ponies, the stranger, the more fascinating. Loves cookies and candies.

A pleasure to meet you all friends~

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Heyyo, Benson. ^_^

20. - Top - End - #20

Welcome to to the insanity.

21. - Top - End - #21

I can only assume he was on vacation away from Canterlot during the...event that wiped it off the face of the planet?
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

I don't know anything anymore.

Mmm, is there a cohesive meta plot...or something bringing this all together? What's the background for these shenanigans? All I know is pony thread shenanigans, that's it.

I think need some sort of well....more information than the none given in the OOC :p before I can lose my mind properly too.

23. - Top - End - #23

Well, once upon a time there was the void. And Trixie spoke: Let there be a post. And there was a post.

Over the course of ponythread, we've developed a host of OCs, and a network of some few alliances and mostly enemies. From time to time in ponythread, we'd go to war, until eventually KPenguin told us to take a hike to the free-form roleplay.

There is no meta-plot, and no DM. Much as I despise it, Godmode seems to be in full force, mostly in the form of saying what happens to your opponent. (EG, he won't throw a tree at you, he'll hit you with a thrown tree with no chance to dodge.) Best we can do is just try to live normally with the titans.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Seconding Balmas! Please don't say what happens to your opponent, it's very poor show. ^_^""

25. - Top - End - #25

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    Seconding Balmas! Please don't say what happens to your opponent, it's very poor show. ^_^""
    This post has some very good points.

I'm not saying I'm perfect. For instance, Athena probably shouldn't have just grabbed Terra and ported out; that takes away her choice in the matter. Still, it's something to work on.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, there wasn't much chance of obscuring feather cloud from working anyway. ^^''

Also, Jackravia started the first thread! :o
    Last edited by Tectonic Robot; 2012-10-16 at 03:12 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    I don't know anything anymore.

Mmm, is there a cohesive meta plot...or something bringing this all together? What's the background for these shenanigans? All I know is pony thread shenanigans, that's it.

I think need some sort of well....more information than the none given in the OOC :p before I can lose my mind properly too.
    Well, perhapes a basis for the ongoing Silent/Boffenspark feud.

It begain with a OFC attack breaking Silents coffee cup. Then, utter insanity. Something about a fire elemental plane.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28

Well, perhapes a basis for the ongoing Silent/Boffenspark feud.

It begain with a OFC attack breaking Silents coffee cup. Then, utter insanity. Something about a fire elemental plane.
    Really? I had no idea this started from a coffee cup. What, did Celestia's student not want to spend six bucks for a replacement?

29. - Top - End - #29

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    Really? I had no idea this started from a coffee cup. What, did Celestia's student not want to spend six bucks for a replacement?
    No, Silent declared war. I think the distruction of Alpacastan was next, because Silent was vacationing there.

After that, it kind of becomes a trail of sunshine, rainbows, and necromantic hijinks.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30

Meanwhile, these four patiently await for this train to get rolling.
    Show