New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Ambriosia of the Gods (IC)

SETTING

You all are in a town North East of Baldur's Gate. You get a message from your Deity. "You need to save the world, It's in grave peril." You need to get equipment and weapons and armor, but why? You don't see anything wrong with the world. Nothing has changed. The sky is still there, the ground still under your feet. The air still fresh and the colors are still normal. Why would a Deity tell you to save the world and it is in grave peril? And why you? There are other champions or Faerun that they can call upon, and they have Avatars if it is that bad. So why you of all people? Make your choices wisely and the truth shall be revealed to you.

You all are doing your daily chores. When each of your Deity's come to you in a dream one night on the same night for all. "You my child will save the world, and all of creation. You will be my victor, my champion!" They hand you a note with there insignia on the cover, and as you take it and look back up they are gone and you read the letters.

Spoiler: Simbed
    Show
    Olidammara's note says- Will you trick the world into thinking it will give up and die? Or will you trick it to think it will be what it once was?

Spoiler: Kriosten
    Show
    Mystra's note says- The weave is unbalanced will you be the to balance or destroy it? you will have help from another, but the choices remain the same.

Spoiler: Athanasius Nocton
    Show
    Bane's note says- Will you put hatred back into the heart of this world? Or will you be defeated by it?

Spoiler: Ashur Drick
    Show
    St. Cuthbert's note says- Will you be the wisdom for the world. Bring law about it and force order with it? Or will you fall with it.

Spoiler: Savka
    Show
    Silvanus's note says- Will you save the world and help it bloom? Or will you watch it fall like a leaf to a tree?

Spoiler: Liam Saiman
    Show
    Tyr's note says- Will you punish the wrong and make it right? Or will you follow the right to make it wrong?

Spoiler: Serea Sankor
    Show
    Mystra's note says- The weave is unbalanced will you be the to balance or destroy it? you will have help from another, but the choices remain the same.

The star mountains, Endless cave has reached its end. Now wake up.

You all wake up outside The High Forest at the base of The Star Mountain.
    [roll] 4d6b3 [/roll]

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Ambriosia of the Gods (IC)

Kriosten sits up, holding his head.
    Well, that was a weird dream.
    He looks around.
    And I've been kidnapped. Wonderful.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Simbed wakes up, humming a tune from the night before. Suddeny, remembering the dream, jolts upright. Looking around, takes in everything before him. "Either this has omething to do with the dream or I had too much to drink again last night." He mutters to himself. After a few seconds, he yells out "HEY, YOU LOT! WHERE AM I? AND WHY AM I HERE?"
    PbP games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Seven Adventurers of Chamar: Running

WW games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Careless Investigation: Running/Recruiting

Titles earned:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Follower of Lolth
    Cataloger of Silly Games
    Lolthdisciple
    The One Who Took The Cookies From The Cookie Jar

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Ashur awoke irritated at the gnomes audible yelling. He realized he was somewhere different than where he'd fallen asleep. He began contemplating his message from St.Cuthbert, while ignoring the gnome.

As he got up his eyes darted around as he looked for his belongings, when finally falling on the sack he'd use to carry his things. He looked about area glancing at the others before approaching the gnome. Do you know where I am? I've been given task that must be done.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Kriosten looks over at the shrieking gnome, covering his ears.
    Will you please shut up? I'm right here, no need to yell.
    Looking up to Ashur
    Given a task, eh? What kind of task?

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

After awaking from the dream of his God, the shrill screaming of the gnome pissed him off to awaken to.

I guess that someone was not listening to what they were told. After reading the note and having a good chuckle, So that's how it's going to be hmm, this will be fun.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

"Would I be here yelling at, asking where we were, if I knew?The name is Simbed by the way. What's your name?" Not aiting for a response, he gathers his belongings, summons a lute, and starts playng a tune to calm his nerves.
    PbP games:
    Spoiler
    Show

WW games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Titles earned:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Follower of Lolth
    Cataloger of Silly Games
    Lolthdisciple

8. - Top - End - #8
    Firbolg in the Playground

A well armored human woman wakes from the chatter. She physically rises with her guisarme in hand but her emotional state is much higher. "Praise Mystra, I have been blessed by her!" She looks around, both at the people around her and her surroundings. She doesn't know where she is but there is no anxiety, just curiosity so she can figure out where to go from here. "Hello. I am Serea Sankor, from Sembia. Where are we?"

Her breastplate and guisarme appear to be high quality. The metalwork in each are tinted blue. She takes off her helm for a better look around, revealing her dark blonde hair and green eyes. She is on the tall side for a human woman, somewhat attractive physically, and seemingly self-confident.
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Avakuss for kinem's Planescape: Center of All
    Sgt Ladaran Xiloscient for MrAbdiel's D&D-Day: The Ballad of Echo Company (WW2 with D&D Rules)
    Ganzak for Toliudar's Coming Unstuck

Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Kriosten looks over at the Sembian woman.
    You're a mage to? Never would have guessed it from the way you're geared up.
    This coming from a 15 year old kid in a chain shirt with a morning star.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Stopping his tune, a lively song, Simbed says "You seem to be the only one not irritated with me. Hi, I'm Simbed. I take it you don't have any idea where w are?" Finishing his little speech, he goes back to playing his music
    PbP games:
    Spoiler
    Show

WW games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Titles earned:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Follower of Lolth
    Cataloger of Silly Games
    Lolthdisciple

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Liam opens his eyes quietly listening to the conversation. He didn't know what to think about this situation, it seemed almost too surreal to accept.
    'Since when does Tyr enjoy riddles.' He thinks before standing up quietly and joining the slowly forming group.
    "Liam Saiman." he says simply, eyeing them suspiciously "I am assuming every one of us had the same dream, where we were visited by our respective gods?" he asks, but doesn't wait for the answer. He looks around "I am not sure where we are... although these mountains here look somewhat familiar."

Spoiler: Descritpion
    Show
    Liam is a short man (1,6 m / 5'3''), who is muscular, tanned and covered in scars and tattoos. He is bald, and one of the tattoos in on his head (no, he is not Red Mage). He wears a studded leather armor over clean, baggy clothes, mostly in dark blue and white combination of colors. He has the symbol of Tyr embroidered on his back.

“No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

“Plan. Yes. Good idea. I should come up with a plan.”
    ― Steven Brust, Dzur

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

"Hello, Liam! I can't speak for those guys, but I certainly had a peculiar dream."
    PbP games:
    Spoiler
    Show

WW games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Titles earned:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Follower of Lolth
    Cataloger of Silly Games
    Lolthdisciple

13. - Top - End - #13

"A mage? No, I'm not. My father was quite skilled, but Mystra's calling for me is a martial path. Doesn't the chain shirt get in your way?" Serea listens for an answer, but is already looking around the group's surroundings, looking for any signs of danger or some sign of which way to go.
    Show
    Sgt Ladaran Xiloscient for MrAbdiel's D&D-Day: The Ballad of Echo Company (WW2 with D&D Rules)

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Not that I've noticed. I'm Kriosten Alaronson. And to answer Liam's question, I think that is a distinct possibility.
    The teenager stands fully, stretching his arms and legs.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

15. - Top - End - #15

Guess since you all are doing introductions, I may as well play along, I'm Athanasius, a resource consultant for various nobles.

Stretching after getting up, assessing that all his provisions are in his backpack, as well as making sure his bow and arrows are nearby should he need them. He will proceed to try and get the dirt and roughage off of his armor.

I don't suppose anyone got an idea of where we're supposed to be going for this? What I was told was extremely vague (as gods tend to be).

With that Athanasius will think on what he knows about the words his god told him.

Spoiler: Roll
    Show

Knowledge Religion: (1d20+6)[26]

16. - Top - End - #16
    Pixie in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Ashur watched the gnome pass him in more successful efforts of the more vocal "chosen ones". He soon followed suite.

When questioned by the barely pubescent Ashur looked at him."St.Cuthbert has tasked me with keeping wisdom in this world. But I don't know how." He broke eye contact and looked up, "Does anyone know a way to a town? Any town will work."

17. - Top - End - #17

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Alihandros View Post
    Spoiler: Roll
    Show

Knowledge Religion: [roll0]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your knowledge check I am assuming you are wondering what he wanted you to do? With that good of a roll you know that every 5,000 years the God's chose their heir to there god hood. And the God's do this in a variety of ways, but one you know catches your attention that they send you on mission's to put the world in a new order.

As you guys yell and talk among your selves. You all see a kobold poke his head out of the bush's.
    [roll] 4d6b3 [/roll]

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Kriosten calls over to the kobold.
    Hey, yelper, get over here! We won't hurt you unless you attack first. We're all one big confused and, it seems, religiously diverse family here.
    Only mild sarcasm in that last statement.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Yelper is based off the noises they make in the Baldur's Gate games, which I've been playing recently. Also, going to go ahead and throw out Knowledge Arcana and Planes checks to see about anything useful with regards to my little riddle.
    Arcana: (1d20+9)[12]
    Planes: (1d20+7)[15]

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

"Hey, what are you doing sneaking around out here? Whatever the case, come over here slowly, because if I see any sudden movements, or aggresive actions, heck, even just a rude word, I can beat you into an unrecognizable lump."

Spoiler
    Show
    Intimidate check: (1d20)[14] oh, 17, forgot to add skill mod
    Last edited by lolthfollower; 2014-06-25 at 08:15 PM.
    PbP games:
    Spoiler
    Show

WW games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Titles earned:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Follower of Lolth
    Cataloger of Silly Games
    Lolthdisciple

20. - Top - End - #20
    Pixie in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Ashur looks over at the Kobold and studies it body language for any hostilities.

Spoiler: Sense Motive
    Show
    (1d20+2)[12]

21. - Top - End - #21

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Keledrath View Post
    Show
    Yelper is based off the noises they make in the Baldur's Gate games, which I've been playing recently. Also, going to go ahead and throw out Knowledge Arcana and Planes checks to see about anything useful with regards to my little riddle.
    Arcana: [roll0]
    Planes: [roll1]
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know that the God's switch their powers to someone worthy of their power every 5,000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by lolthfollower View Post
    "Hey, what are you doing sneaking around out here? Whatever the case, come over here slowly, because if I see any sudden movements, or aggresive actions, heck, even just a rude word, I can beat you into an unrecognizable lump."

Spoiler
    Show
    Intimidate check: [roll0] oh, 17, forgot to add skill mod
    The kobold seems scared and frightened and doesn't move.

Quote Originally Posted by Krug View Post
    Ashur looks over at the Kobold and studies it body language for any hostilities.

Spoiler: Sense Motive
    Show
    [roll0]
    Before the Intimidate from Simbed he seemed curious, now he seems scared.
    Last edited by evyldead; 2014-06-25 at 11:48 PM.
    [roll] 4d6b3 [/roll]

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

Kriosten gives Simbed a look.
    Really now, is it necessary to tell the creature that? It's like threatening a baby.
    He walks towards the kobold.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

23. - Top - End - #23
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

"Sorry, I'm just used to being ambushed by the little lizards when travelling beween towns. Just a natural reaction. Also, as long as he didn't threaten us he was safe. Plus, I'm someone who plays instruments for a living. This longsword I have is practically for show."

Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff check so the kobold thinks that he wasn't actually a threat.[roll]1d20+3[/roll]
    Last edited by lolthfollower; 2014-06-26 at 08:22 AM.
    PbP games:
    Spoiler
    Show

WW games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Titles earned:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Follower of Lolth
    Cataloger of Silly Games
    Lolthdisciple

24. - Top - End - #24

Great, we've got an infestation and I've got no one lined up for this.... How is this going to work for my selling of products if I don't have the means or the buyers yet.

Also, as thinking on his meditations he trys to think deeper on what he was told.
    Spoiler: roll
    Show

trying to figure out what was ment by the hatred back into the world as per Bane.
    [roll] 1d20+6[/roll]
    Last edited by Alihandros; 2014-06-26 at 09:19 AM.

25. - Top - End - #25

"This doesn't exactly seem to be a high trade area, but maybe our friend here will know more of what we don't."

Serea lowers her weapon, keeping the point facing down and away, and approaches 1/3rd of the way to the kobold. "Hello. I am Serea. Who are you?"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Diplomacy to calm things down and start a conversation with the kobold (assist by Kriosten?)
    (1d20+5)[8]
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

Kriosten shakes his head at the secret necromancer, and turns back to the kobold.
    Ignore him, I think he might be crazy. I for one have no interest in hurting anyone. Even a yelper.
    He adds in his head
    Just like the rest of us

Show
    Diplomacy: (1d20+4)[19]
    Going independent.
    Last edited by Vhaidara; 2014-06-26 at 01:57 PM.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

27. - Top - End - #27
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

"I will have you know that I am perfectly sane, just a wee bit suspicious about random reptiles popping in on me. The name is Simbed, by the way. Sorry about the death threat, just safety. I mean, you might be a little bit suspicious if say, a human poked his head out of the bushes when you were just waking up." The last bit he says to the kobold while trying to not look threatening
    PbP games:
    Spoiler
    Show

WW games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Titles earned:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Follower of Lolth
    Cataloger of Silly Games
    Lolthdisciple

28. - Top - End - #28

NinjaGuy

The kobold seems relieve. He looks at Kriosten with some curiosity and tips his head as he speaks something.

Anyone have the language Draconic?
    [roll] 4d6b3 [/roll]

29. - Top - End - #29

Muttering under his breath as he looks into his pack,"There's probably a colony nearby and I'm at a loss for my tools, where's my net, I could have sworn I had bought a net for such things. Stupid shopkeepers shortchanging little thieving motherless sons of dogs."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

I speak Draconic
    Last edited by Alihandros; 2014-06-27 at 08:06 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

"Meh, who needs a net? If we're lucky, I won't even have to pluck a string on my guitar to help us run. So just chill, don't worry about defending yourself unless you have to."
    PbP games:
    Spoiler
    Show

WW games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Titles earned:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Follower of Lolth