New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Banned

Default Re: Oh Halloween [3.5] - Update: Warp Cat

This has probably been mentioned by now, I only looked at page 1, but I'm assuming, CEY, that you did not mean to say exactly this in your OP:

The Plane of Halloween is a dimly lit dimension that neighbors the Plane of Halloweens
    Quote Originally Posted by silphael View Post
    About Fear Monger, I will say that you can remove the "any non-good". Using fear as a weapon is technically a more peacefull mean that, I don't know, striking people to death... I'm not particulary fond of alignement restricted class that aren't either Exalted or Vile. Plus, they are already a very large pool of caster PrC that are Evil ^^
    I definitely agree that actively encouraging Fear is virtually always evil - it's pretty much the definition of a certain word beginning with T that is politically charged enough that I'd probably better not say it, and certainly going around shouting "Boo", while not lethal, is hardly nice or reasonable behavior in most circumstances, even if you only do it to Evil creatures (assuming they're Cowardly Evil, which is totally a thing; your panicking them is more likely to make them lash out than to shut them down).

If you're Batman, you can spread fear among the superstitious and cowardly lot without being Evil, but this PrC does not strike me as fitting that mold. Much more "The Scarecrow" instead, and thus requiring Evil or at least Non-Good seems appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by CthulhuEatYou View Post
    No more space in the main thread, So I'll add new content in posts from now on and link them in the main thread :)
    (And yes, this was partly inspired by the Cheshire Cat)
    FYI, there is an April Fool's post on the Wotco site which centers around cats and includes a statted-up Cheshire Cat monster, although it's 3.0. You are of course welcome to prefer your version, I'm just pointing out that there's a more official source (as official as a joke article gets, anyway).

2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Oh Halloween [3.5]

Quote Originally Posted by CthulhuEatYou View Post
    Wouldn't Priest/Nun only allow them to be christians(or at least nun)? xD
    Last I checked, "priest" was not a term bound to any specific religion. Nun may be though. But priest/priestess? Not so much.

Edit: just looked over the new costumes, they look awesome! The only thing I could see that needed changing off the top of my head is how often they may use their breath weapon in the Dragon costume. Is it every round? 1d4 rounds like a normal dragon? And I might allow them to pick the color dragon they imitate when they first get the costume (but not be able to change it later once this choice is made), which would let them have a breath weapon of an element other than fire.

Oh, and you lost a few words in the description of the SLA the for Prince/Princess. It should read "Twice a day you can use a Suggestion and/or Charm Creature spell as spell-like ability cast as a level 15 sorcerer."

Hope this helps, and keep up the good work!
    Last edited by Noctis Vigil; 2012-11-06 at 12:46 PM.