Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1513

Thread: Player Registry

1. - Top - End - #1051
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Player Registry

Well, I think it's about time I got into this.

Name: 2D8HP

Ways to Contact: PM

Posting Frequency: At least daily; hopefully more.
    I have a newborn (June 1st) son, and I am on late night 1am to 6am PST feeding duty and I am especially interested in a game then/now!
    Type of Campaign:I am most familiar with 1e and 5e D&D, but will try most anything!

Types of Characters: I have a slight preference for rogues and fighters, but I can work with most party roles.

Old Characters: only one so far is Del

Old Campaigns: only one so far is Armaraphaim 5e

Other Information: I'm pretty weak on PbP "dice rolling", so right now I prefer mostly verbal "role-playing"

I prefer games with a lighter tone. While there can be grim moments, I'm ultimately looking for more idealistic plots. "Dark and edgy" just isn't fun for me.[/QUOTE]
    Grim specter of noogie hangs like shroud over us all

Extended Sig

D&D Alignment history

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Halfling in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Name: Asimov works fine
    Way to contact: pm
    Posting frequency: minimum daily
    Type of campaign: 5e
    Type of characters: am pretty flexible but I have a preference for gish (thinking bladelock this time)
    I'm a newb to play by post so no old info sadly
    Other info: if possible I'm looking to play with a group that uses the books and unearthed arcana stuff, I always enjoy the test material

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Pixie in the Playground

Name:
    BLC

Ways to Contact:
    PM, please.

Posting Frequency:
    Daily (maximum) to Weekly (minimum)

Type of Campaign:
    Pathfinder is preferred. I am incredibly new to this but I have:
    • 4th printing Rule Book
    • Ultimate Magic
    • Ultimate Combat
    • Ultimate Equipment
    • Advance Race Guide
    • 2nd Edition Advanced Player's Guide
    • 2nd Edition Game Mastery Guide

I am willing to attempt D&D as long as someone can help me out with required reading material.

Types of Characters:
    Currently, I'm inexperienced enough to not know what I'm best with, so I'm willing to try playing anything and everything. But, rangers and druids sound appealing. As does playing dwarves or orcs. (Anything brutish or stocky. Hahaha)

Old Characters and Old Campaigns:
    NA

Other Info: I'm normally pretty inquisitive. I may try to leave no stone unturned until I get more accustom to game play. Maybe.

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

Name: Nathan
    Ways to Contact: PM would be great
    Posting Frequency: I could probably post weekly at least, possibly more frequently.
    Type of Campaign: Pathfinder is the system that I'm the most comfortable with.
    Types of Characters: I've played alchemists, arcanists, and bloodragers
    Old Characters: None available, this will be my first time playing online.
    Old Campaigns: Same as before.
    GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.

DEGENERATION 90: Copy this into your sig and subtract 1 from the degeneration when you first see it. This is an antisocial experiment.

5. - Top - End - #1055

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Name: Stew - (33 male UK)
    Ways to Contact: Prefer Email
    Posting Frequency: Daily/Few times a week
    Type of Campaign: 3.5 D&D (prefer sandbox - hate dungeon crawls)
    Types of Characters: Usually clerics with a more martial feel/focus.
    Old Characters: none available
    Old Campaigns: none available
    Other Information: Looking to get into some play by post while on new baby parenting duty. My regular RL group kinda went its separate ways some time ago and am starting to really feel the itch again. Open to playing anything really where fun/rp is more important that optimisation.

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Pixie in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Name: Jables
    Ways to Contact: PM is fine
    Posting Frequency: Daily is no problem
    Type of Campaign: FFG Star Wars, currently only have access to Edge of the Empire but I'm looking to pick the other books up in the near future.
    Types of Characters: Would prefer a Bounty Hunter, but can slot in with whatever is needed
    Old Characters: First time here.
    Old Campaigns: See above.
    Other Information: I've never played by post before, nearly all of us from my local group now have little bundles of joy, so trying to get is all in the same place for a regular game is now nothing short of herculean.

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Titan in the Playground

Name: Draconi

Ways to Contact: PM here on giant ITP, i typically log in at least once a day.

Posting Frequency: Varies on other people's posts. Will unusually take some time to respond to posts to think about what to say unless Iíve already got something planned. Will sometimes wait until other people have posted between posts relevant to me and my new post to prevent pages worth of the thread just being me.

Type of Campaign: Pathfinder is preferred, 3.5 is do-able. little to no experience with anything else.

Types of Characters: If given the option i will usually play a Goblin, Hobgoblin, or Bugbear as i like Goblinoids. I'm fine with PHB races however. Typically i play martial/melee characters such as fighters, rogues, paladins, etc. I'd be perfectly willing to play magic users as well however.

Old Characters: Elsee Spiriteye the Goblin Rogue, Kawa Akwaf the Hobgoblin fighter, Slath the Choker Rogue/druid, Kellest Brighteyes the Goblin Fighter, Nihey and Nahey the twin Bugbear Rogues.

Old Campaigns: Invested 3-5 years of my life into Tales of Aequar: Runite's Rise" as Elsee Spiriteye. Other campain threads have either been deleted or not play-by-post.

Other Information: I'm a writer, and i like to follow a self-imposed "five-to-seven-line" rule, in which my post must be at least five or seven vertical lines of text when posted on my monitor. This depends largely on circumstance, but given the chance i favour making longer, more descriptive posts over "so and so says yes." My roleplaying is very in-character and role-with-the-punches. I don't really "play" a character so to say, more like i simply act as a conduit for them to relay their thoughts and actions into the world of giant in the playground. Often times their reactions to situations will be almost instinctive, as i'd rather have my character react naturally to any given situation rather then try to discuss the options out of character and loose momentum and risk breaking character.

There may be situations in which i relay information on what my character is doing in-character and not out-of-character. if someone has a problem with this, it is very important to alert me of it directly and bluntly, and be sure to include at least one possible solution to the problem so we can work out a compromise. Subtle suggestions won't always work on me, as i sometimes have trouble picking them up. I check the OOC thread a minimum once a day, and expect fellow players and GM's to do the same. As such, please forgive me if i edit my previous post as opposed to make a double-post in order to relay vital information, as i don't like double posting.
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2016-07-08 at 01:16 AM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: Old Player/New Poster

Name: Joe, Joey, Miller or whatever else as long as I know you're referring to me

Ways to Contact: Email ([email protected]) or PM

Posting Frequency: Looking to post daily or multidaily, don't want to promise I won't miss a day things happen but I will be a frequent poster

Type of Campaign: d&d 5e, I have all core books plus SC adventurers guide, and several modules (HotDQ, RoT, OotA, and PotA)

Types of Characters: I enjoy playing most classes my favorites are paladins, fighters, wizards, and rangers. I have no experience playing a warlock and I despise bards on principle (they're deadweight).

Old Characters: this will be my first PbP game so I have no old Characters from here, can post copies of Old characters from FtF games I've played

Old Campaigns: again, same as before, new to PbP

Other Information: I've played for a long while and I play my character straight, namely alignment, I won't slaughter random creatures not threatening me if I'm good and I won't save a burning orphanage if I'm evil for example, I'm willing to hang back being new and see how things run at first

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default New to this all

Name: echo
    Way to contact: pm
    Posting frequency: daily
    Type of campaign: 5e or pathfinder
    Type of characters: never played but highly interested may need a little help w concepts

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Name: Gregghunter2283
    Ways to Contact: PM me or please email me from the email in my profile
    Posting Frequency: Daily
    Type of Campaign: 5th ed new group only
    Types of Characters: usually Halfling rogue but willing to be whatever the party needs
    Old Characters: n/a
    Old Campaigns: n/a
    Other Information: Currently deployed to Afghanistan and am 9.5 hours ahead of central time so that needs to be considered.

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Dwarf in the Playground

Name: The Necromancer and Ronin have been used before, but I generally go by ScifiRonin now.
    Ways to Contact: PM only.
    Posting Frequency: At least once every two days.
    Type of Campaign: Any 40k, D&D (Or other Fantasy RPGs), also willing to try horror.
    Types of Characters: Ether an extremely Tanky Character or a very Stealthy character.
    Old Characters: (Note: I Delete Old Character Sheets, so they won't be supplied) Kaltos van Valvic (D&D 5e Warrior/Mage focused on Necromancer Magic and Tanking), Vex (Dark Heresy 1e Morat Assassin focused on stealth and assassination)
    Old Campaigns: One of them was done in person while the other one was on an custom forum which is likely down now (Though I can't remember the link, so I can't check).
    Other Information: Only serious campaigns, nothing comedic. I do GM, but I prefer to PC (PC has way to many meanings nowadays).
    Last edited by The_Necromancer; 2016-12-01 at 01:32 AM.
    I do GM, but I prefer to play as a player.
    Spoiler: Links
    Show

Spoiler: BAN LIST
    Show
    If you are on this list, don't bother applying to a game I'm GMing, you had your chance.

Simsimillia, GameOfChampions

Due to some personal issues I will be unable to start any campaigns at this time, please don't PM me, as I won't reply for a long time.

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Name: Mitsuki
    Type of Campaign: D&D 5e, PTU
    Types of Characters: Varied
    Old Characters: Character Sheets from Previous Games
    Old Campaigns: Links to Previous Games
    Other Information: N/A

13. - Top - End - #1063

MindFlayer

Name: Arctanaar (also, Constantine, although I prefer the pseudonym).
    Ways to Contact: PM here, PM via FFG forums, or Skype (arctanaar).
    Posting Frequency: daily or more often.

Type of Campaign: GURPS (preferably using a setting that is no less advanced than 19th century Europe, roughly speaking), FFG Star Wars (preferably allowing FaD and/or EotE characters).

Types of Characters: I prefer to play characters that have at least some focus on working with technology related to natural sciences (mechanics, computers, other electronic devices, medicine, etc.), or on the sciences themselves (although have not had the chance of playing one, and am not sure if, say, a pure mathematician can fit in a 'regular' campaign). Generally preferred to play characters with little to no combat capabilities, but since this year have shifted my focus towards trying out more combat-oriented characters.

Old Characters: can't really provide any links towards actually old characters, but I am currently participating in two FFG Star Wars games.

Old Campaigns: have participated in a number of short-lived campaigns since 2012, and started playing in PbP games this year.

Other Information: I am a student, and will be unavailable until evenings (GMT+6) most of the time, starting this September. Due to exams my activity during January and June will be lower than usual.

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Pixie in the Playground

Name: Nebraxis
    Posting Frequency:Pretty much multiple times a day.
    Type of Campaign: D&D 3.5
    Types of Characters: Any and all types.
    Old Characters: I'll update this...
    Old Campaigns:Nothing I can link to.
    Other Information: I've tried to play games on roll20, but as a father of five, my time is limited. Needing to get my Rp fix, a friend suggested I give this place a shot and try some play by post. So here I am.
    Last edited by Nebraxis; 2016-07-25 at 09:20 AM. Reason: Layout

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Name: zy

Posting freq: try every day. I don't have good internet connection so only play by post will work.

Games: only looking for 5ed or 3.P but have expeirience with everything wotc has printed and a little with tsr.

Characters: nothing linkable
    Campaign: nothing linkable

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Name: Nathan, rather self explanatory due to forum name.
    Ways to Contact: Simply PM me on here or I could also be contacted on skype via the name of headfirstfenix!
    Posting Frequency: If i'm entirely honest, i'm looking to do a game through skype and using roll20, play by post is just a tad too slow for my liking.
    Type of Campaign: I'm really quite new with limited experience, and although questions may be asked, I can quickly learn, and will be willing to try almost any type of campaign!
    Types of Characters: None as of the moment, I tend to make my character once getting into a campaign!
    Old Characters: I'd link if I could find it!
    Old Campaigns: Same as just above!
    Other Information: I'm new, looking to learn and eager to play, somebody please send me a message!

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Pixie in the Playground

Name: Terin
    Ways to Contact: I can be contacted by email or PM, if needed I can also use other types of messaging
    Posting Frequency: I can do weekly or daily, for faster-paced games I generally have a good block of time open sometime each week.
    Type of Campaign: I've never played a TTRPG before, but I'm pretty familiar with the high-fantasy settings. I'm down with trying anything though!
    Old Characters: n/a, I do have some ideas though.
    Old Campaigns: n/a
    Other Information: As I said above, I've never played one of these games before so I'll need some help the first time through. If that's not a problem, please contact me!
    Last edited by Terin Tella; 2016-08-04 at 04:37 AM.

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Name: Tacobob
    Ways to Contact: Email or PM.
    Type of Campaign: D&D (3.5e/Pathfinder)
    Types of Characters: Pretty much anything
    Other Information: Iíve been playing PBEM RPs for decades. Iím currently looking for a 1st level Pathfinder RP.

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Dwarf in the Playground

It's been a year, so I'll repost this and delete the old one:

Name: teslas

Ways to Contact:
    GitP private message

Type of Game:
    -Skype/virtual table tops are definitely possible, though I could only do it once, possibly twice, per month. My time zone is GMT+1, but I can be a bit flexible with my office hours so this may not be a limitation.
    -Play by post, with all its flaws, is also possible. I can post 1-10 times per day, 5-7 days per week, depending on weekend activities.

Type of Campaign:
    Story-wise, I'm all ears.
    As far as the system, D&D 3.5 or fairly similar. Sadly, I don't have the time to delve into a new system and the four or five evenings of furious reading that such a thing usually entails.

Types of Characters:
    I have run the gamut on characters--too many to attempt to describe. There will always be a special place in my heart for paladins. Wizards are likely my favorite due to their sheer versatility, and I love playing them meticulously (but masochistically hatelovehate how much time they require to play well). Mostly, I just like to fill a gap or niche in the party--be it with a personality or a skillset.

Old Characters:
    I've got dozens upon dozens. Let's just give two examples based on the above comment:
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=995410
    Currenty my only active character in an ongoing PbP game. A dwarf and a paladin? Two other dwarves in the party? Hell yeah.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=481834
    Probably my favorite character in a PbP setting in the last five years: An intelligent, charismatic, and utterly sociopathic arcanist kept in check by an extra-brutal Familial Geas (Heroes of Horror) he had the misfortune of inheriting at a comparatively early age.
    NOTE: it looks as if these links haven't carried over completely to the new sheet system that the site is using. Shame.

Old Campaigns:
    Most of my games have been on rpol.net for no particular reason.
    This game I DM'd went on for over two years and is now on permanent hiatus: http://rpol.net/game.cgi?gi=45116&date=1392031383

Other Information:
    I've been playing D&D since 2004 and have toyed with a few other systems. I've DM'd nearly as much as played over the years, and adore doing both equally. Sadly, I no longer have the time available to do a decent job as a DM.

If you'd like any other information, just send a PM.

What I'd Like:
    I expect a group of fun and fairly well-adjusted people (yeah, I know, internet play by post games may not be the best place to look for those, but it doesn't hurt to ask :p). The pace, provided the quality is good, doesn't matter so long as it's not less than once a week or more than 25 times per day.

Unless we've all grown up in the game from a lower starting point after a long period of time, I usually like to avoid high level games (15+) due to the ridiculous things that 3.5 often supports at those levels. I tend to steer away from gestalt games and other types of heavier-than-normal cheese unless the skill of the DM'ing is much higher than average. I can "optimize" and exploit gimmicks with the best of them, though doing so puts a sour taste in my mouth.

If your virtual nerd table of quality people needs another solid player, I'd love to be a part of it.
    Last edited by teslas; 2016-08-12 at 11:51 AM.

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Pixie in the Playground

Name: Sky
    Posting Frequency: Semi-Daily
    Type of Campaign: D&D (3.5e, 5e, Pathfinder)
    Types of Characters: Interesting combinations, very flexible.
    Old Characters: None Online
    Old Campaigns: Sadly, again, None online
    Other Information: I've been playing online in PbP format for more than a decade now, starting on the official WotC boards at 13, back in the heyday of 3.5, and having since been playing on a small forum set up by a dedicated few of us from those days. I've only been playing structured games IRL for the past few years though, and haven't played anything but freeform in PbP for a good long time. Long enough that all of my information was on Plothook, now gone to the winds. XD

21. - Top - End - #1071

Name: Scott
    [B]Ways to Contact: E-mail, PM
    Posting Frequency: Several times per weekday, fewer times per weekend.
    Type of Campaign: 3.5e
    Types of Characters: I haven't played, so I don't have a "type". I'm more into utility characters than combat characters.
    Old Characters: None
    Old Campaigns: None
    Other Information: Have always wanted to get into DnD, play by post seems like the best choice for me.

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Name: Rene, acire
    Ways to Contact: GiTP PM
    Posting Frequency: Probably daily, definitely weekly
    Type of Campaign: D&D 3.5e, Pathfinder. I'd like to try d20 Modern.
    Types of Characters: I like spontaneous spellcasters, but I have played a rogue and a divine caster. I play non-human core races & monster races, never human.
    Old Characters: Halfling Druid, Half-Orc Sorcerer (never actually played with this one, but I always wanted to), Elven Rogue
    Old Campaigns: no specific campaign, worlds were DM creations
    Links to Previous Games: N/A
    Other Information: I enjoy exploring the motivations and emotions of my characters.
    Last edited by acire; 2016-08-22 at 02:00 PM.

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

Name: Psylence

Ways to Contact: Here is best, but I have other means of contact depending on the game.

Posting Frequency: It varies from day-to-day, but I can't see myself being worse that once every couple days(unless I'm on a trip), and at best every few hours.

Type of Campaign: Star Wars D20, Saga Edition; D&D 3.0, 3.5; Pathfinder; D20 Modern; and even know a bit of Rifts. Willing to learn any type, assuming I like the concept.

Types of Characters: A lot. I've made everything from a mad bomber who hates fire extinguishers, to a Human Fighter that associated with Dwarven Culture, and an Ex-Spy who made a magazine of risque photos. I tend to try for interesting characters, but I'm not above going with tried and true "classics," except Drizzt - never going to do one of those.

Old Characters: None really.

Old Campaigns: Not online, at least that I know of.

Other Information: I generally don't play 'evil' campaigns or one that, specifically, revolves around causing party strife. I've tried it, I don't like it. Drama is one thing; Evil based around doing evil things is another; being a jerk to party members because "I'm so evil, I bleed darkness," is a realm I don't like to delve into because it's silly.
    And I edit. I edit a lot. People have yelled at me for how much I edit because I catch an error or some such and want to fix it.

P.S. I love Star Wars. Would definitely go for a Star Wars game.
    Last edited by Psylence; 2016-08-25 at 09:46 AM.

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Pixie in the Playground

Name: Copats
    Ways to Contact: Email is probably best as I check that every day
    Posting Frequency: Hourly to weekly depending on the day
    Type of Campaign: D&D 5e
    Types of Characters: Casters of any type
    Old Characters: Nothing for PbP but I can play anything.
    Old Campaigns: I haven't played any PbP
    Other Information: I am really interested in playing a long term game. Works well with others and will post regularly.

25. - Top - End - #1075

ElfMonkGuy

Name: Lazarus Solsong, XiaXian, Dora'ann and many other
    Posting Frequency: Depends on how bored I am. I work night shift so yeah definitely bored all night.
    Types of Campaign: D&D 5e (DM in real life) I am open to other games, however I am most invested into that one.
    Old Characters: N/A new to this forum and I haven't PBP in years
    Old Campaigns: N/A
    Other Information: As I said before I am deeply invested to 5e so I would love that type of game. I have apps on my phone to keep track of all my characters made as well as spells so I am good when it comes to keeping track. Just have to get used to PBP but I'm sure I'll pick it up right away

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

Name: Minescratcher

Ways to Contact: PM is best
    Posting Frequency: At least 1/day, unless I don't have internet access

Type of Campaign: D&D 5E
    Types of Characters: Just about anything class- and race-wise. I prefer spontaneous casters to prepared casters, though.

Old Characters: None online (might edit in the future)
    Old Campaigns: See above

Other Information: I'm fine with both story-based games and dungeon crawls.

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Name: T.J.

Ways to Contact: PM is the way to go for now

Posting Frequency: Depends on speed of game, at very least 1 per long rest :)

Type of Game: D&D 5th Edition, Open to new stuff though

Type of Characters: Sorcerers, Wizards, Rogues, Fighters, I don't have a problem filling a hole, also like to try new stuff

Old Characters: Lots of favorites, but none online sadly :(

Old Campaigns: More of a in person player, but distances and life have gotten in the way :(

Other Information: I'm a pretty avid roleplayer, and love to get immersed in a well written story. I tend to make characters that the DM doesn't have to work hard for them to go for a plot hook, and I love playing smart, charismatic, often sassy characters. However, I have exclusively played in person and have yet to play online, PBP or not. Would like to give it a try, though for the sake of playing. I miss playing terribly. Thanks for reading and have a great day!!

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Pixie in the Playground

Name: Malacronious. Some shorten it to Mala, I'm alright with either.

Ways to Contact: Please PM on giantitp.

Posting Frequency: Once per day or more during weekdays but harder for me to post as much on weekends.

Type of Campaign: Numenera, Dark Heresy 2e, D&D 5e, Shadowrun 5e, Gamma World 7e (D&D 4e)

Types of Characters: I typically play Rogues / Assassins / Shadowy types, Rangers / general ranged bow / sniper types and the occasional chromed out street samurai. I am also open to trying out new things to fill a role. As far as races go I like to play Humans, Tieflings, Elves, Goblins and Drow but I have also played a half-orc, dwarf and a Kel Dor.

Old Characters: Thorak Skulk, Jaa Torin, Jin Kyodo-Kai, Eldridge Minor (Crunch not included), Fizzle Fitz (Crunch not included)

Old Campaigns: Pathfinder: Gambler's Quest (Played as Thorak Skulk.), Dark Heresy: The Chaos Within (GM'ed as ela_zul. Please see my first post for narrative and descriptive style.), Star Wars: Out in the Black. Offline I have played Star Wars: Saga Edition, D&D 2e, D&D 3.5, D&D 4e, Gamma World, Shadowrun 4e and play tested D&D Next.

Other Information: Due to most of my previous PBP experiences going somewhat badly, I am very motivated to find a committed group and campaign.

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Barbarian in the Playground

Flumph

Name: Pope Scarface
    Posting Frequency: Daily, usually check forums before and after work.
    Type of Campaign: D&D (3.5, PF, 5E), BESM, FFd6
    Types of Characters: All kinds

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Name: Black Socks
    Posting Frequency: Daily, usually in the evenings.
    Type of Campaign: D&D 5e, HSHC.
    Types of Characters: All kinds
    Spoiler
    Show

Gone like the wind.