1. - Top - End - #331
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Currently Recruiting Players

2. - Top - End - #332
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

I know it's the Holiday Season. . . but I've been trying to get the Reincarnation Wars thing off the ground and running for a while now. I'm looking for a GM who will help run this thread.

Basically, the idea behind Reincarnation Wars is that the player characters are recruited by a super powerful being to save the Multiverse and everything from UBER threat. We are given a choice of 3-5 Reincarnations out of fictional characters to choose from.

The rules for characters to choose from are:
    You cannot choose two or more characters from the same Time Line. For instance, you can't choose Link AND Ganon, but one of them's fine. However, if you were in a franchise that had a long time period, like say, Star Wars, you could choose Darth Revan and Darth Sidious if you wanted. However, to emphasize the point of the rules, you couldn't choose Darth Vader and Darth Sidious. . . they are two completely different people, and not someone you could retroactively say is somehow the same person as a different reincarnation.

You can't have a planet destroying character. . . Sorry about that.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...4#post18171244

For instance you can have one normal Human, in this real world Earth. This is your PC, the one that you control in his or her own body. (Or possibly, it's). In addition, we begin with five souls of fictional (Or maybe non-fictional) characters that will inhabit the bodies, minds and souls of the player characters.

I.E;
    Jacob begins with the souls of Dracula (Lords Of Shadow Series), Hermaeus Mora, Shinnok, Mephisto (Heroes of the Realm), Saint Eva (Breath of Fire II)
    This means that while he has all of these souls inside of his mind with him at once, he has access to all of their powers combined. Dracula's powers as seen in his franchise, Shinnok, from Mortal Kombat, etcetera.

Also,
    Jacob might begin with all of these characters, and then when he earns another soul from his past lives, he could choose Nicola Tesla if he wanted, and have Nicola Tesla's scientific knowledge and expertise, etcetera at his disposal. Taking on character traits of your past souls is not needed. You can be saintly and very wise, yet still have the past souls of purely evil beings like Diablo (Diablo series), Ganon from Legend of Zelda, Kefka from Final Fantasy VI, etcetera. However, if you do exhibit some character traits of these past lives, it would be perfectly consistent and rational from the IC perspective of the Setting. This is a Multiverse role play.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Orc in the Playground

Seeking players for a psuedo nWOD game details are here

This will most likely be a lot more role-playing than combat. I would prefer a skype game, but I can do a play by post as well.
    You can call me Sivarias or Siv.

Message me some time, I'd love to hear your story, and if you want, I can even tell you mine.

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone
    F.A.T.A.L. doesn't so much as scrape up against the Forum Rules as take a flying leap over the edge screaming 'GERONIMO'.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Hello All,

Just wanted to see if any other new players are interested in trying out the new DnD 5th Edition in a more plot oriented and low level game (starting at level 1)?

I am just learning the system myself and figured it would be more fun learning with other noobies to the system. As such, please be a 1st time player to the system like myself. If you are a more experienced player and you really really want to join then...ok but you have to be nice and patient with the rest of us :P

I do have the PHB but to make it so everyone can join in on the fun we'll start with just the free materials on the Wizards Site :).

Since I am trying to ease into the learning curve, I would prefer that not everyone jump on the Wizard/Sorcerer wagon. The world will be more low magic anyways so think wisely :P

Okay I'll put out more info about the world and other stuff if there's enough people. Just looking for about 3-4 players who would be okay posting around once/day (life happens so if you miss a day, no biggie).

If interested, please reply here.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Navian View Post
    Seeking more players to play a D&D 3.5e core game using Roll20 or IRC. We'll be gaming through real-time text in 4-6 hour sessions, once weekly. It will start at level 1 start, in a fairly typical adventuring region, with dungeon ruins, village raids, and whatnot. Schedule is to be determined, that means mine's open and I'm looking for your input! Contact me by PM and tell me a little about yourself, if you're interested. Chargen will not begin until we've established a schedule. I look forward to some deep role-playing, lots of teamwork, and a long-running campaign. If your play style is competitive, you thrive superficial things, or you're easily distracted, please apply elsewhere. Otherwise, we'll be glad to have you, and find out what you like.
    Any takers? i'd definitely be down! class/race restrictions? Ability score rolls? What day would you like to play?

6. - Top - End - #336
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

I have begun recruiting for a large, 18 man, open world PTU game. If anyone is interested, here is the link to the recruitment thread:
    PTU: The Tohoko Region
    Stealing is such an ugly word. It is more like you are giving me your money.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Bugbear in the Playground

Seeking 2 more players for a pathfinder game in a village under siege.

Recruitment thread is here.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Newbies Dark Heresy games, found here: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...4#post18289134

Starting sample campaign, Shattered Hope.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Titan in the Playground

Re-recruiting for a Sentai/Power Rangers game... that involves a ten year time-skip, and full military backing. Very heavy on both the roleplay and the tactics.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Pixie in the Playground

Hey All,

Currently have a few slots open for an online quest, chat-based system with dice-rolls and themes of Pathfinder/D&D. System is para-based free-form with dice structure, and the core group of players are quite talented and great people in general.

Quest runs tonight (and every other Thursday, 7pm EST) for approximately 3 hours.

Information can be found here.

Send me a private message if interested in more information.

Best,
    Cindel

11. - Top - End - #341
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Looking for one more for a DnD 5e homebrew campaign.

Recruitment Thread

IC Thread
    Altab 1st Party
    OOC / IC / Map

Altab 2nd Party
    OOC / IC / Map

12. - Top - End - #342
    Ogre in the Playground

My Saga Edition game is looking for players!

I'm running the Dawn of Defiance module, with some tweaks to make it flow a little better, and all we need are players!

Anybody looking for a game for heroes should apply here.
    What I say should be taken with a grain of salt, as that is the best way to serve madness!
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #343

I'm looking for a few dedicated players to fill the roster of my latest Pathfinder campaign: Utopia.
    Yes, it's loosely based on the new Fox TV show.
    The campaign will be expansive, focused on the birth and rise of a fledgling colony struggling against the odds in a new world. The campaign begins with 120 colonists, mostly divided into factions and families, with a few rivalries brewing. There is no law or leadership yet, and the fate of the colony depends on the wits and will of its members. Ever wanted to play a campaign that covered enough time to watch your characters retire and pass their mantle on to their children or prodigies? Now you can!
    And there's adventure, too. A new world wouldn't be complete without indigenous tribes, barbaric religions, long-forgotten ruins, and strange new creatures. Between such rare and exciting encounters, the campaign will progress quickly, with a focus on crafting, expansion, trade, and farm life.
    Remember the 120 colonists? Afraid your voice will be lost among the crowd? Don't worry, we have that covered. Each player drafts a group of 5 to 8 colonists, dividing their wealth and levels as they see fit. Your group is unanimous and of one accord, though a little infighting is fine. Should a vote or contest of power arise, having multiple colonists under your control gives you a definite voice with which to settle disputes.

More information can be found here, though the thread has served dual purpose as theory-craft and recruitment. We've had some drop outs as the campaign began, and we're looking to patch up our roster before moving ahead with the plot.
    If you're interested in any way, please PM me for more information.
    My Homebrew and Extended Signature
    Current avatar: Charza Sahlaren, by gr8artist

14. - Top - End - #344
    Pixie in the Playground

Map

Looking for two players available to play Thursday nights starting at 1800 (0600PM) Mountain Time. I'll be hosting the game through D20pro (I'm licensed up to 8 players), and through Skype. It is a houserule heavy Pathfinder/3.X game. Dreamscarred Press classes are allowed. Races are limited to the following: Elf, Dwarf, Halfling, Gnome, Orc, Goblin, Hobgoblin, Undine, Oread, Slyph, Ifrit, Aasimar, and Tiefling. Ability Scores start at 8, with 15 points, and may be modified as follows: 9-12 cost one point for each rank, 13-14 cost two, 15-16 cost three, 17 costs 4, and 18 costs 5. Core/Base classes, with the exception of full casters, have been modified in an attempt to match Path of War classes in terms of power and flexibility. Ability Score points are gained at every odd level, and classes gain bonus feats depending on how many spell levels and or power points they possess. Starting level is third. You will be joining three current players, with a possible fourth stopping in every now and then to cause some trouble. There is a second party, in the same setting, playing every Sunday night. While the chances of you running into them are small, expect to hear/see their effects on the world if they happen to make any.

For more information, please PM me your Skype name or feel free to e-mail me at: [email protected]

Now for some fluff:

The year is 1146, 900 years after the end of the Age of Sorrow and the fall of the Ashbringers, the Kingdom of Atleos finds itself torn open by civil war. On the second month of winter, four years prior, Her Majesty, Rosaline Madeline Aumtalli, High-Queen of Atleos, fell ill. The origin of her illness was unknown, and despite the valiant efforts of her citizens, she passed on the third month of autumn, one year later. As she had left no child to succeed her the Council of Kings convened to decide who among them and their families was to take the crown. The meeting did not go well, with Lord Bartholomeus Olsdan, Crown of Clarecaslte, was assassinated. Chaos and paranoia grew exponentially among the survivors, each blaming the other for the murder. Less than a year later, the Province of Olsdan, now under the command of Lady Elizabeth Alene Olsdan, Lord Batholomeus Olsdans eldest daughter, declared independence from the Kingdom. This action prompted declarations of war from the provinces of Moorway and Ravewood. Eventually the remaining four provinces, Estalon, Kellan, Itlania, and Grueslan, joined the fray.

The twelve gods, Lav, Arysker, Vami, Orlai, Caenn, Mion, Kot, Enoarror, Araev, Pon, Ranel, and Frouylav, watch solemnly; bound by oaths made when the world was bone to never play favorite in the games of mortals.
    Last edited by NS001; 2014-11-10 at 09:58 PM.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Recruiting for a 'Chuubo's Marvelous Wish-Granting Engine RPG Halloween Special' game.

Thread here.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Barbarian in the Playground

Recruiting players for a 3.5 game that has already started, but not gone very far. Heavy homebrew, with allowances for PF builds if you talk to me about it. Role play heavy, with long post expectations.

If you enjoy story-telling, weird and interesting characters that fit into a savage and wonderful world, and vicious combat, this is the campaign for you. I am a flexible DM and while this is a boxed adventure, I want to tailor the game to the players, so bring your freaks and your writing caps and bounce some ideas off of me.

Recruitment Thread

IC Thread
    Last edited by Redshaw; 2014-11-14 at 12:37 AM.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Pixie in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Hello all,

I am currently recruiting for my episodic game in my homebrew world "Galeblown". The first game follows the player characters into the dark cells of the Iron Bastion.
    Using the books from the Swashbuckling adventures rule book line, I'm hoping to introduce players to a different take on a high seas adventure, with some darker bends.

If you are interested in joining you will find the thread here.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Pixie in the Playground

That Which Should Not Be

The time is the roaring Twenties. The Great War is a faded memory, America is in ascendancy, Wall Street is pumping greenbacks, hepcats and flappers are dancing to that new Jazz, and Prohibition is vainly trying to halt the hooch. But beneath this gilded surface are grim undercurrents of crime, disturbing discoveries and dark secrets.

Recruiting for a play-by-post Call of Cthulhu homebrew adventure for up to six players. Diverse happenings swirl into a web of investigative paths bringing together the characters for a common goal. Post rate every couple of days. Knowledge of H.P. Lovecraft's works will increase appreciation but is not required. This is a thinker’s game that stresses role playing, storytelling and investigation of mysteries and horrors. Inspiration from Alan Moore, H.P. Lovecraft, Robert E. Howard, Boardwalk Empire.

The game is on the Unseen Servant boards - see recruitment at http://www.unseenservant.us/forum/vi...141342#p141342
    or PM me for joining. Ruleset is 3rd edition CoC; indepth rules knowledge not really required.

Players can choose from an array of professions, including FBI agent, professor, journalist, archeologist, private investigator, pulp magazine writer, playboy dilettante, debutante-turned-flapper, cultist, antiquarian book dealer, exorcist priest, occultist/stage magician, gangster, or other profession. Characters start in their own thread and come together as the plot thickens. Creativity encouraged.

The stars are right!

19. - Top - End - #349

We are searching for PCs and villains alike to join us in a growing world over at: http://dungeonsanddragons.freeforums.net

The running title for Part 1 is Scourge of the Wildfire, and we are in need of PCs to join parties and help save this poor world! It's mostly Honor System, but there may be occasions when the Lawmaker or Judgemaster will issue Mechanics Rolls.

Please, check it out, sign up and make some characters! Above all, have fun!

20. - Top - End - #350

D&D 5e, Set in a Magical Realm of Wonder

This is one for the old schoolers who played Magic Realm the board game, and for new-schoolers who want a well-planned setting with adventure options that range from "wilderness" to "dungeon" to "ruined castle" to "village" to "open warfare" to "merchant caravan" to ... whatever.

Main recruiting thread is here <- not on GitP actually.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Pixie in the Playground

Looking to start a low level (most likely lev 6) 3.5 dnd over the forums. By necessity, turns and actions will be first post rules within legality. Players will have a set timeframe to respond before DM actions happen. Player interactions can occur privately via pm provided I am included as DM.

Campaign details:
    Players create two characters using point buy system, base 10 with 30 pts to distribute, negative allotment is allowed on a 1 for 1 basis up to 16, 17+ cost 2 pts each. Max LA +1 on race. No templates without prior approval, most will likely be no.
    One character must be good aligned and a follower of Heironeus, the other must be evil (CE allowed) and a follower of Hextor. ( Catch on yet?) Alignment restrictions apply as follows:
    Heironeus: LG NG CG LN N CN
    Hextor: LN N CN LE NE CE
    Also note that party on party violence IS allowed. Each character gets ONE action per response, which cannot continue without DM authorization. PM conversation excluded.
    Use of prestige classes by approval with adequate background.

Base campaign setting will be Faerun.

Inventory will be monitored by weight restriction (light, med., hvy load). This includes basic gear like clothing and spell components.
    Character sheets/stats to be sent to me via email at: [email protected].

All basic character classes from PHB and Expanded Psionics are allowed.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by gnalish View Post
    Looking to start a low level (most likely lev 6) 3.5 dnd over the forums. By necessity, turns and actions will be first post rules within legality. Players will have a set timeframe to respond before DM actions happen. Player interactions can occur privately via pm provided I am included as DM.

Campaign details:
    Players create two characters using point buy system, base 10 with 30 pts to distribute, negative allotment is allowed on a 1 for 1 basis up to 16, 17+ cost 2 pts each. Max LA +1 on race. No templates without prior approval, most will likely be no.
    One character must be good aligned and a follower of Heironeus, the other must be evil (CE allowed) and a follower of Hextor. ( Catch on yet?) Alignment restrictions apply as follows:
    Heironeus: LG NG CG LN N CN
    Hextor: LN N CN LE NE CE
    Also note that party on party violence IS allowed. Each character gets ONE action per response, which cannot continue without DM authorization. PM conversation excluded.
    Use of prestige classes by approval with adequate background.

Base campaign setting will be Faerun.

Inventory will be monitored by weight restriction (light, med., hvy load). This includes basic gear like clothing and spell components.
    Character sheets/stats to be sent to me via email at: [email protected].

All basic character classes from PHB and Expanded Psionics are allowed.
    PS - once I have at least 3 players I will create a game thread.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...tion-Deity-RP-

((The Body Theologick))

A serious project of mine that I aim to finish and make one of the great hallmarks of Giant in the Playground, like Lords of Creation, the past Evolution games of years past, the many deity based RP games, and so on. Each player has received a body part from a deity. They then gain divine powers of that deity, and I have a stat based system I'm creating whole cloth for the RP. It will be dramatic, theatrical, prolific and FUN!!!

24. - Top - End - #354

HalflingPirate

Recruiting for a story of scarlet,, a 13th Age campaign for 4 to 5 players. Join the remainders of the Scarlet Stripes on their quest for survival, answers and coin. Possibly not in that order .
    Last edited by Teucros; 2014-12-05 at 05:01 PM.

25. - Top - End - #355
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Hey guys, a roll20 session for the Lost Mine of Phandelver in 5e:

System: Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition
    Player Count: 3 to 7
    Style of Play: I think it's normal
    Allowed Content:

• PHB
    • MM
    • DMG (in about a week, at which point you can remake your characters if you want to)

Character Creation:

• Backstory: Short, a couple sentences
    • Experience: 0, level 1
    • Wealth: Starting wealth (roll for it), or take the set in your class + background.
    • Ability Scores: 4d6b3 or 27 pt. buy
    • Hitpoints/Health: Max at first, roll or take average later
    • Alignment: Anything but evil

Other Notes: Food is not really required as I don't play with it, but you can feed certain things if you want to.

Link To The Thread

26. - Top - End - #356
    Ettin in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

I'm starting a new campaign, supposed to be dark and gritty with high PC turnover. Uses third-party content.
    More info here.

PM me if interested.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    There's a reason why we bap your nose, not crucify you, for thread necromancy.

27. - Top - End - #357
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

The Western Realms

A 4 player campaign using 3.5e rules from the core three books. Starting Level 1 and Play By Post.

28. - Top - End - #358
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm currently recruiting four players for a 3.5 campaign, starting at level 1.

Here is the link to the OOC thread. http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...7#post18545767

29. - Top - End - #359

The Nature of Reality, a low-magic 3.5 game with a twist is still open for new players.
    You are welcome to check it out!

30. - Top - End - #360

The Coils of the Serpent, a short, mapless, 4th Edition, Paragon tier game about a yuan-ti conspiracy is looking for a couple more players.