New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Currently Recruiting Players

Shadowrun Corporate Nations

Currently looking for players to participate as the new CEOs of the various Megacorps in 2048 Shadowrun. Become titans of industry. Learn the arts of intrigue and shenanigans. Launch Shadowruns, wage corporate warfare, research, climb your way to the top, and see what terrible things might yet come about! All interest welcome (especially for the Shadowtalk!)

2. - Top - End - #512
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Recruitment Thread

Hello all

I'm recruiting for a new d&d 3.5 game. I'm looking for players with interesting character concepts (with a focus on backstory and character goals). If that sounds like you, please check out the recruitment thread above for more information.

Thanks for reading.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Orc in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I will be running Pathfinder, Rise of the Runelords. Looking for 3 players, lv 1. either post to the recruitment thread or send me a personal message if you are interested. Details here. http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...8#post20860948
    Last edited by Srduffman; 2016-06-08 at 04:38 PM.

4. - Top - End - #514

Link to recruitment thread

I'm looking at starting a 5th edition game using one of the ideas mentioned in the thread. 4-5 players, preferably able to post at least once per 3 days, ideally once per day.
    My apologies to any of the players in the 4th edition DnD games I was running. I know I vanished abruptly, you guys didn't deserve that.

5. - Top - End - #515

live game North NJ (near Allendale in Bergen county)

5th Ed game with some general house rules. New to 5th but lots of experience, I've actually completed 3 long campaigns spanning 6 and 4 years with 2 different groups.

Forgotten Realms but not a mainstream history of the realms, not sticking to closely to any of the materials.

Looking for people with somewhat flexible schedules (my current 3 prospects for players are all fathers who live near each other so we're hoping to be able to get some regular play in)

Please PM for contact info
    Big Ups to Vrythas for making my Avi!

6. - Top - End - #516
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Welcome to Chiyo A Thousand Generations! Chiyo exists to give each player an opportunity to live the life of their character in a high roleplay setting, less as a ‘character’ and more as a ‘person’. The world offers plenty of context to give real meaning to your ambitions, decisions and achievements. This is your world, take charge and mold it into your vision of the future. If you don’t, who will?

Roleplay: It’s why we’re here! - As a player, your character is the driving force in the story, as well as the actions of the party. While there is a set mission at hand, that’s only one aspect of an entire world. The main plot is as relevant as you make it. Is it all your character wants to do, or are you constantly deciding to do more personalized adventures? Know that your comrades are every bit as dynamic as you are, and they will gladly stand by you on your adventures, just as you might have opportunities to join them on theirs. We may all be strangers at first, but life has a way of forging families if you let it.

Combat: Because it’s fun too! - Life doesn’t always go as planned, and sometimes others end up in direct conflict with you. Can you reason with them? Will you reason with them? Are your goals worth fighting for? And of course, monsters have to eat!

About the World: - Chiyo is an all Human world where dreams come true. A place where the people have a chance to become the greatest of all heros and really place their mark on the land. A world that's filled with all types of obstacles from Dangerous beasts, mind altering diseases, tyrannical kings that fight for power and even ancient Gods that want to control the universe. This diverse and flavor-rich world is awaiting brave adventurers!

What Chiyo Offers- As a community based Pathfinder game focused on Role Play we have a variety of Game Modes for active characters to participate in. Main arcs, Side arcs, Personal Quests, RP Sessions and even Hunts! These all reward the characters and help progress through the story! We have an active and loving staff that’s willing to help anyone who’s ready to work with us to help your vision come to life.

JOIN OUR DISCORD https://discord.gg/0126NHpSvIN2VyzRN Join our Forums @ chiyo.boards.net
    Last edited by Woa; 2016-06-17 at 02:36 PM.

7. - Top - End - #517
    Orc in the Playground

RogueGuy

In the Employ of Rupert Barrington

Edit: We have four interested players, but if you would like to be a reserve (or maybe a fifth) feel free to add your response to the recruiting thread.

Rupert Barrington is the worst kind of noble: the self-made kind. Barrington committed the faux pas of buying (or more accurately stealing) his barony, an act that placed him firmly above the common rabble while simultaneously offending the dignity of every “natural born” noble in the capitol city of Nivilta. He is guilty as sin and twice as corrupt; and you are his servants.

Spoiler: Big 16
    Show

1. What game system are you running?
    Riddle of Steel will be used as basis, however, no prior knowledge of game rules is required due to several modifications.

The game itself will be focused on a disparate group of individuals thrust together (willingly or not) to further Barrington's goals. Whether or not you stay under the baron's thumb is up to you, and your actions...

2. What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?
    Sword & sorcery feeling overlaid on a standard generic tolkienesque fantasy.

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?
    Four players are optimum (and maximum). If someone drops out, I will move to the next one in line.

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?
    GitP forum

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?
    The characters will be created with priority-based generation. I will guide you through the process.
    LVL 3-4 equivalent of DnD 3.5 characters are perfectly possible.

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?
    This depends entirely on social status chosen at character creation.

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?
    Basic concepts may include: Scout, explorer, academic, antiquarian, berserker, bladeslinger, bodyguard, graverobber, priest, cleric, nun, druid, witch doctor, laborer, crusader, highwayman, bandit, entertainer, occultist, skald, bard, plague doctor, duelist, gambler, con-man, roadwarden, marshall, ranger, woodsman, thief, cutpurse, burglar, knight, alchemist, healer, guardsman, warrior, mercenary, squire, rogue, assassin, hunter, craftsman, servant/page, steward, adventurer.

Magic-users of various power will be also possible (unusual for my games) - we will be using slightly modified Blade of the Iron Throne rules for these. Magic will be powerful, but dangerous.

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?
    Human are most prevalent, however the party can during first play accomodate elves, dwarves, lizardmen, half-elves, half-orcs. Other races are possible, but only after GM approval.
    No aviatic races, no aquatic races. If you choose a race, I will require you roleplay it.

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?
    Not applicable.

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?
    Usually I don't play with alignments. I especially dislike lawful stupid, chaotic random and murderous evil characters.

Bear in mind - you are one team and have a common goal. The game will be hard enough without you making the others trouble. And everyone is responsible for the enjoyment of other players.

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?
    Classes are more guidelines than strict limits.

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?
    I would prefer if I could make the rolls - it will speed up the game. If anyone has different idea, I'll gladly hear it.

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.
    Combat system: Riddle of Steel
    Magic: Blade of the Iron Throne

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?
    Backgrounds of skirt-length will be accepted. PC’s must have a reason for supporting Barrington.

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?
    Combination, however, roleplaying and hack & slash will be prevalent.

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters? The Riddle of Steel Core, Flower of Battle, and Companion

Fair warning: this will be my first game mastering experience in many (ready many-many) years, and my first ever experience game mastering a play-by-post game. Consequently, I will likely make mistakes, so please work with me to make this a fun experience for everyone!

Your characters may be of (almost) any social standing so long as they have a reason to follow the orders of Barrington. This relationship may be tenuous at best, entirely fueled by blackmail, or even outright ownership. This is up to you as a player, although I will work with you if you if you would like suggestions. I would prefer some degree of tension between Barrington and the PC's, so that you all have common ground even if you are from different social classes.

Expect episodic adventures with a focus entirely up to the interest of the players. If you are collectively interested in cloak and dagger assignments, strangely Barrington has that in mind for you. You get the idea. I am anticipating the Baron having a “special task” for your group every couple of weeks or so with the intervening time spent according to your wishes.

This will be sandbox to the extent possible, and any solution (within reason) you can come up with I will gladly support.

If you are interested please message me directly or post in the recruiting thread!
    Last edited by Eplov; 2016-06-18 at 11:54 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jerri in lacco36's Curious Expedition
    Gregor in lacco36's Soldiers of Fortune
    Karl Doggerton

8. - Top - End - #518
    Bugbear in the Playground

That new FTL smell

"She's all yours. Here's the keys."

Rogue trader's a sci-fi, gothic sandbox on the star trek scale, and you are it's crew. The ball is in your hands as to what you do and how you achieve it (mostly). I'm looking for people who have barely heard of it's 40k setting, cos that's method acting. Thread is here.

9. - Top - End - #519
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: FILLED
    Show
    Hello everyone! I need 1 more player to join in the *ominous voice* Trials of the Elder Wyrm. It's going to be a Roll20-based wargame, so there's no need for any deep characters or flowery backstories - just pure hack-and-slash goodness. Drop me a line if you're interested!

Spoiler: Big 16
    Show
    Trials of the Elder Wyrm, Part I: Big 16
    System: Dungeons & Dragons, 5th Edition.
    Player Count: 3 plus Urist McRandom; one player MUST be an Elder Wyrm-pact Warlock (note: we already have a warlock).
    Style of Play: Testbed for homebrew, zero RP. See 'game structure' below.
    Allowed Content:
    • PHB.
    • DMG: Aasimar, Eladrin, Death Domain, Oathbreaker are all fine.
    • MM: Druids &co can assume they have seen everything in the book.
    • EE: all fine.
    • SCAG: all fine.
    • Urist McRandom's Elder Wyrm Warlock and Mana Shield spell.
    • Ninja_Prawn's collcted spells and Princess.
    • Gnomes2169's Bloodsworn.
    • Other homebrew (including my own) on a case-by-case basis.

Character Creation:
    • Backstory: None.
    • Experience: 0; level 1. You will not gain XP during this game.
    • Wealth: Max rolled gold from PHB, which may be spent on anything in the PHB.
    • Ability Scores: 27 point buy.
    • Hitpoints/Health: Max at 1st level, average thereafter.
    • Alignment: None.

Game Structure: You will face 6 battles (1 easy, 1 medium, 2 hard and 2 deadly in a random order) one after the other. Neither side will ever be surprised. You may take up to 2 short rests at times of your choosing (except during battles, obviously). Enemies will fight to the death, co-ordinate their attacks as if controlled by a malicious intelligence and confirm kills if given the opportunity. Any PCs that die are rezzed after the fight (even if it's a TPK). Items and spell slots used in battle are not replenished but you may recover ammunition as per the standard rules - if you are alive at the end of the battle.

Edit: this game is now filled. I will be running it again at a higher level later though, so feel free to get in touch if you're interested in that.
    Last edited by Ninja_Prawn; 2016-06-23 at 02:17 PM.
    Lydia Seaspray by Oneris!

Spoiler: Acclaim
    Show
    Winner of Spellbrew Contest I & Subclass Contest II
    Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    That is the perfect ending. Thread done, Ninja_Prawn won.
    Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    We love our ninja prawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Gnoll View Post
    NinjaPrawn, you are my favourite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir cryosin View Post
    Ninja you're like the forum's fairy godmother.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkMinty View Post
    This is why you're the best, Ninja Prawn.

A Faerie Affair

Homebrew: Sig

10. - Top - End - #520
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Running a D&D 5e Adventurers League Play by Post game here on GitP! If you've never played in AL I advise to come down and do so. It's mostly standard 5e rules, so everything you know and (hopefully) love. If this intrigues you, come on down right here and post your sign up!

11. - Top - End - #521
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Ready To Be A Ruler of Kings?

ROK II allows you to play SOLO Play by Post Text RPGs anywhere, anytime in a mobile compatible environment.

You create a Character just as you would for D&D and then move him/her in an actual medieval story.

You do not have to wait on any DM to show up. Start now: ROK II.

RulerOfKings.com Medieval Text RPG
    Do not just read the story, become it and decide the ending.

12. - Top - End - #522

13. - Top - End - #523
    Halfling in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

smile Re: Currently Recruiting Players

System: Dungeons and Dragons 3.5e
    Location: Played on RPOL, link here: http://www.rpol.net/game.cgi?gi=67271&date=1468122930
    Player Count: Looking for up to 5 players
    Style of Play: Mix of Roleplay and Combat, Exploration with a set story
    Allowed Content: All books but setting specific and other questionable sources are limited

Character Creation:
    http://www.rpol.net/display.cgi?gi=6...ate=1468122930

Other Notes:

Undeath is usually an abhorrent thing in most societies, well except for the Undying Dominions, an empire broken up in a series of sovereign states by the imperial family of vampires. Necromancy and undeath has become part and parcel of daily life, but only the leaders of the nations know the true secret to becoming a powerful undead such as liches or vampires.

Players are given the choice of pursuing necromancy openly, and may even choose to pursue undeath as part of their character development. It is intentional that you will not start as an undead character like a necropolitan, but may quest to become one.

This is a homebrew setting for the game and some parts may be undeveloped, but hopefully the play by post setting allows me to work with players to work in further details.

14. - Top - End - #524
    Titan in the Playground

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #525
    Pixie in the Playground

Sense.VISION specializes in mobile and desktop games and application playtesting. We invite you to participate in our research and help us make one more great game happen!
    We are looking for women (30 + years old) who would like to participate in testing of a brand-new City-Builder game. You have an opportunity to be the first who sees and plays the new game. You will share your opinion afterwards.The game will last from 20 to 35minutes All participants must have a web-camera and Skype installed. Having iPad 4 or more modern is a must.

16. - Top - End - #526
    Troll in the Playground

My game is 5th edition, with 9 races that me and a couple friends made up.
    I need 3-5 players. Recruiting! Pm me!

17. - Top - End - #527

SwashbucklerGuy

Hey, as I explain here, I'm looking for 2-3 players for an IRL game out of the DFW area, specifically Irving, TX. The game setting is deep, written from scratch, and is a unique spin on a standard elves, dwarves and humans fantasy setting. Everything is broken up, such that there is no one Elven culture, Human culture, etc. Instead cultures are regional, and unique, with races vary within some cultures, and more cultural homogeneity across races in others.

The opening story will tentatively involve the investigation of the murder of a local noble in the kingdom of Karolis. From there, the plot will develop to involve conflict between actors on a global, and planar scale (I don't want to give more than that away).

The world-building thread for this is linked in my signature, and the recruiting thread is linked below.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...l-gaming-group

Spoiler: Recruiting players IRL game Irving, TX
    Show

18. - Top - End - #528
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default King of Dusk

Well to start let me warn you this well be my 2nd campaign, my first campaign is currently running and started a few weeks ago. I play with my IRL peeps on that one. So now that you know that let me tell you why I want to run a 2nd campaign while I already have one going. Mainly the reason is because so far its been real fun to me and I'd like to learn to DM faster so double the game time is always good.

System: D&D 3.5 Edition
    Mediums: Roll 20 and Skype Voice Chat
    Days and Time: From 10am to 12pm Mountain Timezone USA time may be adjustable depending on your schedule. On Sundays or Tuesdays depending on group
    Source Material: I don't really have a problem with most books in 3.5 Edition, but if you are using something other then the PHB then just pass it through me first.
    Character Creation Rules: Level 1. Starting gold 500 and one potion of Cure Light Wounds. 32 Points and Use this Point by System Make your characters on Myth Weavers please. Backstory is required it does not have to be long though, go ahead and work with me on your backstory if you want. I will tell you this the more involved you are into the role playing the more I feel inclined to keep you alive.
    Applications will no longer accepted by the 8th of August. There may be some exceptions.
    Spoiler: HouseRules
    Show
    1. Only one person may assist in a skill check giving them a +2 on their roll.

2. 1st Level HP is Max HD+Con Modifier, each level after you can either take Half HD+1+Con Modifier or Roll+1+Con Modifier.

3. Standing up from being near an enemy is a full round round action to get up safely, if you choose to get up with a move action instead you will take an attack of opportunity.

4. You can overcome DR by timing your attacks as a team together. For example a Fighter and Monk call out that their going to attack at the same time as their Rouge and the Monster has DR 15. If the Rouge get 3 damage not including sneak attack bonus, the fighter gets 9 damage and the monk gets a total of 8 damage, instead of it all counting as a separate attack and each roll being reduced by the DR. The damage all counts as if done by the same hit, thus doing overall 5 damage.

5. If your shooting a square passed in ally but in the same line then you take a -4 penalty to your shot, although if the ally is one size bigger or smaller then you then -4 penalty is taken off.

Spoiler: Living Expenses
    Show
    Your living expenses and lifestyle will be determined by how much you pay every week in game time. Your lifestyle well give you bonuses the more you pay, for example if you pay 6 gold per week to live a wealthy lifestyle then you get a +3 bonus to your health & +2 Bonus to a chosen skill every week you pay the amount.

Squalor: You wear the dirtiest rags you can find often used to bathe animals. Your shelter for the night is often pig pens and the filthy streets filled with other Squalor's. Your more often to fall prey to being stolen from and attacked at by bandits who are just looking for an easy prey. Meals are made up of scraps fed to the pigs.
    Living expenses per week 0. Bonus Health 0/Skill Bonus 0.

Poor: Your clothes is often made up of rags and random pieces of commoners clothes. Your shelter often is horse stalls to which some degree are more sanitary then pig pens and if your lucky enough there is open beds in the local church. Your meals are an assortment of cold leftover porridge from the churches and stale bread. Meals could be better but at least your not living off of pig scraps right?
    Living expenses per week 5 Silver Pieces. Bonus Health 1/Skill Bonus 0 per week.

Commoner: As long as your good with wearing ugly looking and itchy wool all day then you should have no problem here. The churches are willing to let you in every night of course with a fee, but beats being outside in the cold don't it? Warm porridge and warm bread is what you get to eat, if the church is lucky enough you may even get treated to a slice of cheese.
    Living expenses per week 1 Gold Pieces. Bonus Health 1/Skill Bonus 1 per week.

Middle-Class: On special occasions you put on your fancy silk clothes, but for most of the part your wearing linen. Your not like the lower class people, you settle for your own room in inns and churches, say goodbye to all those sleepless night wasted over everyone's damn snoring!! or was that you snoring the whole time? Bread, Cheese and Fruit is what your used, don't forget about your ale!
    Living expenses per week 3 Gold Pieces. Bonus Health 2/Skill Bonus 1 per week.

Wealthy: Silk is your style of fashion, sometimes you wear linen when your washing your clothes or getting them adjusted. The finest inns is your cup of tea, your rooms always come with complementary mint on your pillows, that's how you know your living the good life. The finest ale and meats are what you consume every night, your tables are always filled with food.
    Living expenses per week 7 Gold Pieces. Bonus Health 2/Skill Bonus 2 per week

Aristocratic: Silk and the finest of furs is what you get to wrap yourself with everyday. When you arrive in town with your dashing looks and clothes nobles immediately catch wind of you and invite you to stay their estates, they roll out the red carpet as you swagger your way through the town. Exotic Meats and Fruits is what you dine on every night, by the time your done eating you need adjust your belt to make room for your belly.
    Living expenses per week 20 Gold Pieces. Bonus Health 3/Skill Bonus 3 Per week

PLEASE!! remember that I am very new to this so if your a real experienced player please be patient with me, Im obviously not going to be amazing at it first but I promise I will do all in my power to make it fun for you.

Spoiler: World of Vestige
    Show
    The world of Vestige has just witnessed their 4th official Kingdom rise. After a savage struggle King Helios has shown the rest of the world that his people are strong willed and ready to fight for what they believe in, which is the Kingdom of Selvis. The Queen of Barkis fought for many years against King Helios and his uprising, but inevitably failed to stop it. Now that the Kingdom of Selvis has been recognized by the rest of the Kingdoms they can move forward and help others rise.As the adventurers of this story how will you carve your mark in the world of Vestige? Where do you stand and where will you fall?

The world is set in a Medieval kind of Era, the usage of magic is rare in the world though. Roads have been developed in between Kingdoms & Towns. Going into areas un-patrolled such as mountain ranges, dense forest and deserts will have a toll on your traveling for example some of you may need to roll fortitude checks to survive the harsh icy hail raining down on you as your climbing a mountain. Food & Fresh Water will be a priority when your in uninhabited lands, another example is if your in the desert under the beating sun all day.

Listed Interest: TyrannoStorm

Finished Applicants: SamPrim
    Last edited by ReD_Exorcist; 2016-08-01 at 06:19 PM.

19. - Top - End - #529
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Welcome to the realm of DMing! You are correct that the best way to learn is through experience. I've been playing and DMing since 1980, but still enjoy getting involved with a grass-roots group... and don't worry, I'm not pushy or a know-it-all, I let the DM keep control.

You said Sunday or Tuesday morning via Skype, perhaps you should clarify that with a time as this site does cater to a host of locations. I, personnally, am located in USA, central time zone (currently on DST).

Also you might let prospective players know if you'd like a party with tendancies toward evil or good. Shot me an IM!
    Last edited by Gypsy52; 2016-07-25 at 04:12 PM.

20. - Top - End - #530
    Orc in the Playground

I am a long time VtM storyteller looking for something different, I just purchased the books necessary for pathfinder and still learning the systems but am really eager to be a DM. I am roleplay heavy, and am combat secondary when it comes to dice (Though rules and character sheets are immensely important) I have a campaign and storyline concept which if successful I am hoping to run long term. I have one partner joining me also new to the system so any group I would put together, I would hope to learn with my players, and not be too obsessed with the rules or little mistakes. Seeking 2-3 others.

Be warned I do dark and gritty, I don't shy away from any subject matter, so if squemish stay away!

Time: Saturday 10am-3pm EST
    Format: Skype and text
    Races: Human, half orc, Half elf, elf, gnome, halfling

Blood of God

Your gods are the winds and rain, the two suns and the moon and the beasts the scurry across the woods. The origins of the world you call home are lost on your people, you know that less than a hundred years ago your ancestors wandered with the herd animals hunting them along their natural routes. Your people never stayed in one place very long. Your ancestors claim to have spoken to animal spirits after eating a rather exotic berry and that it led them to the ability to grow food. Now your village tiny village survives not just on the meat the hunters bring home but the crops grown there as well. Your people do not all have to travel but instead have been able to build permanent homes here. Life remains incredibly hard but you are on the cusp of a new era. Now the most experienced hunters have set out for meat and will not be back for months before the winter hits, and something else hunts your village in turn. The beasts sensed the departure of the dangerous ones and now they have begun to seek meat as well. Villagers have been found torn apart, as are any animals not within the small wooden walls of the village. Frightened and wary, the elders have turned to the next generation, those with the ability to aid them in their time of need.
    Last edited by kaio999; 2016-07-28 at 08:19 AM.

21. - Top - End - #531
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Thumbs up Re: Currently Recruiting Players

I am currently looking for players of all kinds for multiple d20 games at Warlands! I have pirates, wardens on the wall, lizardfolk, assassins, dragons (yes, you can play dragons!), griffon riders, treasure hunters, rulers, villains, knights, werecreatures, warforged, and more! We offer adventure, bloodshed, romance, and everything in between! These are all races, classes, and levels! We're also looking for homebrew craftsmen and lore smiths for world building as well! If we're missing it, let us know and we'll get you set up to play!

We offer an onsite dice roller, plenty of locations to roam, DM-led games, NPCs, and the option to run your own campaigns! With our ten year anniversary coming up, we're crafting a tournament to include balladeers, jousters, archery, thieving skills, and a gladiatorium! Stop by, check us out, and PM me if you have any questions at all! I really hope I can DM for you in the near future!

WARLANDS - 3.5/d20 Roleplay Forum!
    Last edited by Salt&Burn; 2016-07-29 at 01:33 PM.

Join us at Warlands (A 3.5 D&D RPG Forum) and
    Time of Dying (A Zombie Apocalypse Survival RPG Forum)!

22. - Top - End - #532

Flumph

Looking for 4-6 players for a QAGS1E game.

Founding Fathers

Set in a fictional world which we will call Aerth, in the Anglish colonies in Emarice, there is much unrest over unfair taxes. Will these thirteen colonies find peaceful redress for their grievances, or will there be revolution? Will they find aid in Anglend's long time rival, Frenca?

Our players will be representatives from one of the 13 colonies, gathering at the 1st Continental Congress in response to certain laws passed against the colony of Messechusatts, called the Intolerable Acts by Emaricans.

Since this is a fictional setting, fantasy elements are acceptable, but any magical skill is as limited in sophistication in this setting as technology and science was around 1774. So if your gimmick is magic, your weakness might be 'magic doesn't always or often work as expected.'

Each player will be designing their character, as well as details about one of the 13 colonies that their character represents. I am looking for 4-6 players.

23. - Top - End - #533

O captain my captain, tell me it's true, that you have come to claim

Your Crew

Your Ship

and your dudes.

We've just begun (if that), and certain pertinent facts can be had here. Welcome aboard.

24. - Top - End - #534

5e Mordheim Now recruiting.

Suitable for Longbeards like myself who remember the games first release, or those completely unfamiliar with the setting, this is my first game for a few years and the first of 5e I will be playing pbp, inspired by listening to critical role on long country walks.
    Last edited by Adlan; 2016-08-02 at 04:50 PM.
    Necromunda Total War:IC
    Necromunda Total War:OC

Spoiler
    Show
    Brair Freeman of Tariola, 4 levels of Ranger.
    Amiri Pakeha Khan, M.Eng Ship's mechanic.

And I'll dance to Tom Payne's bones,
    Dance to Tom Payne's bones,
    Dance in the oldest boots I own,
    to the rhythm of Tom Payne's bones.

25. - Top - End - #535
    Titan in the Playground

Greetings ladies and gentlecolts!
    Princess Celestia and Princess Luna are still fillies, and need a staff of loyal servants to educate and serve them!
    This is already ongoing game, we simply need fresh blood.

Here-

http:// http://www.giantitp.com/foru...6#post21091856
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

26. - Top - End - #536
    Troll in the Playground

Path to Fame and Fortune!
    A.K.A
    Laco learns to DM a B/X!

I'm going to run a B/X dungeoncrawl campaign. B/X = gritty, lethal and old school.
    I'm new to this style of play, but I want to try it.

System: D&D B/X at Playground
    Player Count: 4 dedicated players, 6 are maximum
    Style of Play: Gritty dungeon crawl -> hexcrawl, as old school as it gets.
    Allowed Content: Basic/expert rulebooks.

Anyone interested? Head here...

Spoiler: What to expect?
    Show
    • laid-back GM with sense of humor and interest in stories, who is here mainly to have fun,
    • difficult start, with a promise - if you survive, you'll become legends,
    • active input into the game (if you have ideas, I’m all ears),
    • if at least one player stays active, I will stay on board.

Spoiler: What not to expect?
    Show
    • PvP (IC arguing is fine, but PvP without discussion/consent on both sides is frowned upon),
    • perfect English and accents (English is my second language),
    • "one post per day!" requirement. This will be a long run, so we'll pace it more evenly,
    • rule lawyering (if rules get in a way of fun, we’ll ignore them… but since I am going to be learning the system, I'll try to run it by the book).
    Call me Laco or Ladislav (if you need to be formal). Avatar comes from the talented linklele.
    Formerly GMing: Riddle of Steel: Soldiers of Fortune

Quote Originally Posted by Kol Korran View Post
    Instead of having an adventure, from which a cool unexpected story may rise, you had a story, with an adventure built and designed to enable the story, but also ensure (or close to ensure) it happens.

27. - Top - End - #537
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomePirate

We're looking for one last player to fill up the party for our D&D 4E Keep on the Shadowfell set up in the Forgotten Realms setting.
    The party is shaping up nicely, but a leader role is still missing to make it complete.

Recruitment is happening right here:
    Enroll here!

28. - Top - End - #538

Flumph

I am looking to test out the waters of Play by Post DMing with a short adventure which I've run twice for two different face-to-face gaming groups and was well received.

It is a 5E Level 6 game, and I am looking for 4 or 5 players. I will probably pick 5 players if there is sufficient interest.

Formal Questionnaire:
    Spoiler
    Show

System: D&D 5E
    Player Count: At most 5.
    Style of Play: Mystery, horror, hack & slash, and maybe even a bit of romance.
    Allowed Content:
    PHB, DMG, Monster Manual

Character Creation: I like mythweavers, but as long as there is a functional link you're good.
    Backstory: Just enough to role-play with, as this is a one-shot adventure.
    Experience: 6th level
    Wealth: Standard high fantasy per DMG
    Ability Scores: Standard pointbuy
    Hitpoints/Health: Max level 1, high average after
    Alignment: No Evil, no Chaotic Neutral

The Hook:

You have been hired by Victor Biccolu, a human merchant, to investigate a property that has recently come into his hands. He has heard rumors the property is abandoned and might be haunted or some such, and he'd like you to clear it out.

Cabin in the Wood

29. - Top - End - #539

MindFlayer

Merindor

Play Location/Method: via some website, but I forgot which one.
    Game/System: DnD 3.5 with some Pathfinder rules added (skills and whatnot)
    Time/Frequency: Probably once a week
    Current Needs: At least one more player

I'm not the DM, so I don't actually know that much about the campaign. PM me and I'll connect you to the DM?

30. - Top - End - #540
    Pixie in the Playground

RangerGuy

Default Re: Currently Recruiting

I'd like to know what system you're using and how you plan to run it.
    Have a few players that would love it.