New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Currently Recruiting Players

I hope I'm not violating some rule, and end up getting banned for life... Yes I've read the rules, but that was a while ago, hopefully I won't be treated like a criminal for posting a reply to my own thread, but the 'Situation has changed, I've got news!' I'm now (as of Oct, 2020) looking for TWO players to join our D&D 3.5 campaign (currently playing online using Roll20 & Discord - But hopeful of a return to F2F gameplay soon/Players must be in the SE Aurora, CO area and willing to play F2F). Next meeting/session is Saturday the 17th of Oct, 2020 (from 4-10pm MST = Mountain Time Zone).

Quote Originally Posted by robsworld View Post

Attention basement dwellers, game lovers and geeks of all colors - I am currently looking for one player to join my D&D campaign. Perhaps you’re looking for adventure and escape on the weekend?

I am currently soliciting for One new player in the Southeast Aurora/Denver area (Near the Aurora reservoir). About that: While our campaign has ’temporarily’ moved online (using Roll20 and Discord), we’re hoping to eventually move back to the real world table (in SE Aurora) as soon as possible, so I’m only recruiting players who are able to commute to/from the SE Aurora area.

The campaign is version 3.5 D&D, Forgotten Realms, with some house rules. If you'd like to get some idea of how I run the campaign / how it's going so far, visit my personal web site: <https://www.robsworld.org/3ecampaign.html> (p.s. I'm not selling anything). The D&D/FRP materials should give you some insight into my campaign/DM'ing style. I don't use all the house rules listed at my web site (I am using the ones listed in the 3rd edition sections). See: <https://www.robsworld.org/3ehsrls.pdf> for all the house rules.

The current campaign (the setting/house rules/environment) has been running (with a few restarts) since Jan 1st, 2003, and we’ve recently (Oct/Nov of 2019) re-set the campaign; starting over with 1st level characters. The character’s didn’t all die in a massive DM killing spree; we decided to retire the 12th level characters and start over with new ones. The higher level characters take considerably more maintenance; combat takes longer, and there are fewer adventuring opportunities ahead of them. This is an excellent opportunity to get in on the beginning of a new series of adventures in our campaign. We’ve already got a core group of players assembled, but now there’s room for one more player. Note that our campaign has a long arc. Don't expect advancement after every/every other session. It usually takes more than a year to complete an adventure.

The campaign runs/meets (online using Discord and Roll20) every other Saturday, from 1600-2200. No evil play/characters permitted - Our campaign is looking for Heroes, not opportunists and villains. We’re looking for players who are willing to play within a group social setting - It’s Face-To-Face D&D (well it used to be - Damn COVID!), not an MMORPG. We appreciate collaboration, role-playing, and the sharing of ideas. (Our next meeting is 19 Sep, 2020).

If you're interested in joining our 3.5 edition Forgotten realms campaign (adults only please), please send me an email (gamers [at] robsworld.org). With one new player the group will consist of seven players and one DM (me).

- Robert

2. - Top - End - #782
    Titan in the Playground

Summary: Pony game set shortly after Hearth's Warming using D&D 3.5. Prior knowledge of Ponies and D&D is NOT strictly required. I am using my own rules for the Pony races, and would prefer to continue to use some rules I created to satisfy my touch of O.C.P.D. regarding the basic underlying mathmatics of D&D while also slightly nerfing S.A.D. classes.

Heavy focus on thought to win. This means that character creation should be low to middle optimization, and actual play should be meant to match villains who either would kill characters out of a party played in a "kick in the door" style due to either mechanical concerns (usually via the number of opponents) or due to actually acting like they have read at least "The Evil Overlord's List" and possibly Sun Tzu's "The Art of War".

This does NOT mean that social interaction will not be useful, merely that such social interaction will include focus on setting yourself up to be successful at the other aspects of the game (combat, stealth, perhaps exploration, etc.). Of course, I can probably have other aspects of social play if the players desire it.

Contact: In thread or on Discord via Direct Message( DracoDei <Remove this spam-bot prevention> #3734 ).
    Note: You should message me even if I am in "Do Not Disturb" or "Idle" mode. I'll read your message sooner or later.

Thread for much more detailed description of campaign.

EDIT: The delay between posting the thread and this message is due to my not wanting to be overwhelmed with TOO many new applications at one time, then finding a few players though other means. Most of those have flaked out and one is thinking of leaving in a more polite way, so I'm going ahead and doing this post. A secondary issue is that I am really bad at summarizing things so I am still not sure if the above is a good way of doing it. Suggestions for improvement welcome.
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2020-11-15 at 11:44 PM.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

3. - Top - End - #783
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Currently Recruiting Players / Seeking one player for 3.5 D&D (currently online)

Attention basement dwellers, game lovers and geeks of all colors - I am currently looking for One player to join my D&D campaign. Perhaps you’re looking for adventure and escape on the weekend?

I am currently soliciting for One new player in the Southeast Aurora/Denver area (Near the Aurora reservoir). About that: While our campaign has ’temporarily’ moved online (using Roll20 and Discord), we’re hoping to eventually move back to the real world table (in SE Aurora) as soon as possible, so I’m only recruiting players who are able to commute to/from the SE Aurora area.

The campaign is version 3.5 D&D, Forgotten Realms, with some house rules. If you'd like to get some idea of how I run the campaign / how it's going so far, visit my personal web site: <https://www.robsworld.org/3ecampaign.html> (p.s. I'm not selling anything). The D&D/FRP materials should give you some insight into my campaign/DM'ing style. I don't use all the house rules listed at my web site (I am using the ones listed in the 3rd edition sections). See: <https://www.robsworld.org/3ehsrls.pdf> for all the house rules.

The current campaign (the setting/house rules/environment) has been running (with a few restarts) since Jan 1st, 2003, and we’ve recently (Oct/Nov of 2019) re-set the campaign; starting over with 1st level characters. The character’s didn’t all die in a massive DM killing spree; we decided to retire the 12th level characters and start over with new ones. The higher level characters take considerably more maintenance; combat takes longer, and there are fewer adventuring opportunities ahead of them. This is an excellent opportunity to get in on the beginning of a new series of adventures in our campaign. We’ve already got a core group of players assembled, but now there’s room for one more player. Note that our campaign has a long arc. Don't expect advancement after every/every other session. It usually takes more than a year to complete an adventure.

The campaign runs/meets (online using Discord and Roll20) every other Saturday, from 1600-2200. No evil play/characters permitted - Our campaign is looking for Heroes, not opportunists and villains. We’re looking for players who are willing to play within a group social setting - It’s Face-To-Face D&D (well it used to be - Damn COVID!), not an MMORPG. We appreciate collaboration, role-playing, and the sharing of ideas. (Our next meeting is 28 Nov, 2020).

If you're interested in joining our 3.5 edition Forgotten realms campaign (adults only please), please send me an email (gamers [at] robsworld.org). With one new player the group will consist of seven players and one DM (me).

- Robert

4. - Top - End - #784
    Firbolg in the Playground

Summary: a Star Wars game using 5e rules.

Dawn of Defiance are published adventures for the SW Saga system, which we will use to learn the SW5e system. If you like Star Wars and you like 5e, check it out.
    "Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence"

"Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms—to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way."

"When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves."

5. - Top - End - #785
    Ogre in the Playground

Recruiting for a magical academy sort of game in my 5e homebrew setting on OOTS pbp.

25 years ago, The Legendary Archmage Kallos opened the doors to his tower to those who wished to study magic. Now citizens of 5 different kingdoms come to learn what they can, while hidden agendas secretly come to the forefront.

Check it out here: https://forums.giantitp.com/showsing...2&postcount=12

Recruiting for 3-4 extra people, level 5 start.

6. - Top - End - #786
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Recruiting for a "world's first superheroes" game set in M&M's Freedom City.

LINK

Apps due 1/9/21. Thanks!

7. - Top - End - #787
    Orc in the Playground

Zombie

Opening up recruitment for the first act of trying to save the kingdom of Vandram here:

Spoiler: Link
    Show
    https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?625236-Why-Heroes-Die-Young-(part-1)&p=24879479#post24879479

8. - Top - End - #788
    Bugbear in the Playground

Chimera

Am I allowed to use this thread to link to games in other forums?

9. - Top - End - #789
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Currently Recruiting Players / Rob's World! 3.5 D&D Campaign in SE Aurora, CO

Rob's World! 3.5 D&D Campaign is seeking two players to join us for thrilling adventures in southeast Aurora, CO.

Eventually, some day in the distant future, Anthropologists will wonder how people ever connected with like minded individuals - How did D&D players and 'Dungeon Masters' ever find compatible groups and players? The primitive software and social networks of the distant past (circa 2021) were so primitive that communication was barely possible, and it was more likely that you would randomly encounter players seeking DMs by yelling about it from a street corner...

Hello There - Yeah you! The person standing there waiting for the bus! I'm currently (as of Jan, 2021) looking for some (two) players to join my D&D campaign! What's that? Yes, of course we're playing version 3.5. Yes, it's got elements of the Forgotten Realms, of course it's got some house rules. Yes, we would prefer adults in our group, and NO you may not play an evil character - We're looking for Heroes not opportunists and player hunters.

Yes - Due to COVID, we're currently playing online, but the second it's 'Safe' (when is that by the way?), we'll all gather our dice and meet at the DM's house in southeast Aurora, Colorado. Currently we're playing ECL 2 characters (essentially, that means second level). Yes, we've got a couple of 'Orphaned' characters that you can play to see if the campaign is something you'd be willing to join. As a candidate we spend a few sessions letting you get familiar with the group and the rules before you/we make a decision regarding permanent play.

If you're interested, please send me an email. If you can read my email address (see the fancy encoding technique employed below as a means to defeat webspiders). I'm not using any of those fancy bb 'encoding' tools, because they usually fail! so here's the email, if you can figure it out you've passed the first test: gamers [at] robsworld [dot] org - PS if you're clicking on it you're doing it wrong. Please don't bother with the webportal/forum reply functions, those sometimes don't work properly, and I likely won't see that - What am I supposed to visit the forums every day? Come on, I've got things to do, you've got things to do. Use your email client (hopefully that's old school and not some useless web based portal).

10. - Top - End - #790

Hi.

I'm trying to get a game going over at rpg.net:

https://forum.rpg.net/index.php?thre...alypse.876942/.

2400 BC: Ancient Apocalypse by Oz (itch.io)

Would like to run a collaborative / semi-GM-less game using One Page Solo Engine by Inflatable Studios (itch.io) to throw in plot twists.
    Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
    LISTENING to a VANISHED GOD
    Mythistorical bundle

11. - Top - End - #791
    Pixie in the Playground

2112: The Prog-Rock RPG!

Rush fans! A science fiction adventure based on the prog-rock epics of one of our favorite bands (and some others too). Combining elements from 2012, Cygnus X-1, Clockwork Angel, and their many sci-fi themed singles. Play rock musicians thrust into a mind-bending WTF scenario that explores political tyranny, religious orthodoxy, mind control, the nature of free will and individuality, and our relationship to machines. Maybe some guest appearances from Ziggy Stardust and other sci-fi inspired rockers. Hear the integration of audio and text. Discuss Rush (and other bands), their lyrics and rare pix in OOC. Rules: The simple skills-based percentile system of Chaosium’s Basic Roleplaying (BRP, the system that CoC, Runequest, etc. were built on.) The game will be played at the Unseen Servant PbP forums at https://www.unseenservant.us/forum/v...p?f=21&t=10899. Feel free to contact me for more information or to play.

12. - Top - End - #792
    Troll in the Playground

Are you tired of creating a character without any chance to play?

Are you irritated by all the games that fizzle and have no ending?

Wishing for a game that delivers narrative through combat?

Join our Saga of Hitting with Swords!

A micronarrative 2 player game that delivers a surprisingly deep narrative through single swift combat! Become a barbarian HERO or dastardly DRAGON! Try to kill each other and find out why! Codify your SAGA for others to read and weep!

Dragons! Heroes! Adventure! Hitting things with weapons! Custom names! We have it all and in neat, small package!

(The rules are PWYW, single page)
    Last edited by Lacco; 2021-03-12 at 03:13 PM.
    Call me Laco or Ladislav (if you need to be formal). Avatar comes from the talented linklele.
    Formerly GMing: Riddle of Steel: Soldiers of Fortune

Quote Originally Posted by Kol Korran View Post
    Instead of having an adventure, from which a cool unexpected story may rise, you had a story, with an adventure built and designed to enable the story, but also ensure (or close to ensure) it happens.

13. - Top - End - #793
    Pixie in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

A small group of RPG fans in Hawaii are looking to add some new blood.
    We have primarily played DND 5e, but delved into CoC and have experience in other games.

We play online mostly due to safety and time zone differences.
    A few times we have met to close out some games and it’s been a blast.

If you are interested please contact me here.
    We will take anyone from other locations if they don’t mind playing off Hawaii time around 8 or 9pm to Midnight or 1am. Saturday night is our normal night and often fit in a shorter game mid week when we can.

14. - Top - End - #794
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Currently Recruiting Players (in Southeast Aurora, Colorado)

Attention basement dwellers, game lovers and geeks of all colors - I am currently looking for ONE player to join my D&D campaign. Perhaps you’re looking for adventure and escape on the weekend?

Yes - This is an update. I am currently (still/always?) looking for ONE new player in the Southeast Aurora/Denver area (Near the Aurora reservoir). About that: While our campaign had ’temporarily’ moved online (using Roll20 and Discord), we have recently (May of 2021) moved back to the real world table (in SE Aurora) by following local (Tri-County health dept), state (Colorado), and national (CDC) recommendations for safe game play (indoor gatherings). I’m only recruiting players who are willing to play in-person and able to commute to/from the SE Aurora area. We use online tools (primarily FaceTime) to support f2f players who can't make it to our in-person sessions.

The campaign is version 3.5 D&D, Forgotten Realms, with some house rules. If you'd like to get some idea of how I run the campaign / how it's going so far, visit my personal web site: <https://www.robsworld.org/3ecampaign.html> (p.s. I'm not selling anything). The D&D/FRP materials should give you some insight into my campaign/DM'ing style. I don't use all the house rules listed at my web site (I am using the ones listed in the 3rd edition sections). See: <https://www.robsworld.org/3ehsrls.pdf> for all/most of the house rules.

The current campaign (the setting/house rules/environment) has been running (with a few restarts) since Jan 1st, 2003, and we’ve recently (Oct/Nov of 2019) re-set the campaign; starting over with 1st level characters (we're currently running 2nd level/ECL 2 characters). The character’s didn’t all die in a massive DM killing spree; we decided to retire the 12th level characters and start over with new ones. The higher level characters take considerably more maintenance; combat takes longer, and there are fewer adventuring opportunities ahead of them. This is an excellent opportunity to get in on the beginning of a new series of adventures in our campaign. We’ve already got a core group of players assembled, but now there’s room for ONE more player. Note that our campaign has a long arc. Don't expect advancement after every/every other session. It usually takes more than a year to complete an adventure.

The campaign runs/meets every other Saturday, from 1600-2200. No evil play/characters permitted - Our campaign is looking for Heroes, not opportunists and villains. We’re looking for players who are willing to play within a group social setting - It’s Face-To-Face D&D, not an MMORPG. We appreciate collaboration, role-playing, and the sharing of ideas. (Our next meeting is 16 Oct 2021).

If you're interested in joining our 3.5 edition Forgotten realms campaign (adults only please), please send me an email (gitp [at] robsworld.org). With ONE new player the group will consist of seven players and one DM (me).

- Robert
    Last edited by robsworld; 2021-10-10 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Updating LFP posting

15. - Top - End - #795

I'm in beta stage on this: https://tibbius.itch.io/blood-sky, and looking for playtesters to participate in a live play-by-post on Discord. If you might be interested in that, please PM me.
    Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
    Mythistorical bundle

16. - Top - End - #796
    Barbarian in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

The Other Games Game
    Discord: https://discord.gg/yUgk3GPM
    Thursdays, 8PM EST.

There are games that are not D&D! Or even clones! Working on this novel premise, we’ve been Discording our way through Other Games. Sometimes for a year or two. Sometimes for a few months. Sometimes as players, sometimes as GMs. And we’re wrapping up a Mistborn based PBTA and looking to bring in fresh blood before the next adventure. Nope, we don’t know exactly what it will be, or who’s GMing it, but we know it’s nice to actually get to play those Other Games with sensible folks. If it sounds interesting, drop in the discord.

Generally speaking, systems tend to be:

-Learnable, ranging from simple to medium complexity.
    -Cheap, free, or with PDFs to borrow.
    -Generally less Heroic, and a bit more gritty in theme and scale.
    -Good. AKA, not on the worst ever lists.
    -Not D&D, or some mildly concealed variation thereof.

17. - Top - End - #797
    Troll in the Playground

"The war has begun, and the soul of the Immortal Queen is at stake. Take up arms, Ashourizarian. Only together can we liberate her land and people land from the God King's grasp. Only victory will free Ashourina for all time."

https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...stalt-level-15
    Last edited by Sir Grave; 2021-05-12 at 06:44 PM.
    Very busy these days and so posting will be sparse.

Extended Sig.

Lady Cordelia of Grimmfell Avatar created by yours truly.

Spoiler: Full image
    Show

18. - Top - End - #798
    Titan in the Playground

Equestria Begins is recruiting again.
    Be the equivalent of a Greco-Roman nature-spirit punching racial supremacists in the face to prevent The Fimbulwinter!

A high-tactics slightly grimLIGHT campaign despite the "pastel" aspects of the setting.
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2021-05-20 at 10:55 AM.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

19. - Top - End - #799
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGuy

I'm looking for more players for a freeform 1960s-set spy game called Secret '67.

The description is below:

They called it the Summer of Love. Well, I can tell you, there wasn't much love in Peking, Saigon or Haifa. It might not have been close to all out war, but there was still very much a struggle between West and East for domination. Armies, guerillas, spies, propaganda. Lies and treachery the world over.

I should know, because I was there.

Secret '67 is an espionage roleplay set fifty-four years ago, during the Cold War between the US and the USSR. As the Sixties swung, both sides in this struggle competed for influence in an array of theatres, most notably in Vietnam, but in many other countries as well. When arms were not suitable, words and covert action would be used.

This freeform game revolves around a British-based Covert Action Team, whose mission is to conduct special operations for the Secret Intelligence Service and its allies around the world. With its operatives utilising an array of covers, CAT's job is to get in, do the job and get out.

It's a colourful yet dark world, where no-one is to be fully trusted and you should always have two escape plans - at least.

Put on your bell bottoms and unlock the Ford Cortina - it's time to enter the world of 60s espionage.

The game can be found here:

https://www.myth-weavers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40845

I can incorporate players into existing plots or start new ones.
    Silent Hunter
    Troper
    My blog

20. - Top - End - #800
    Troll in the Playground

Hello, fellow playgrounders!

I'm currently recruiting for a Burning Wheel game:

Kings & Pawns

The lands of Mithardia have known war for too long. The aggressive and expansive humans pushed against the lords of vast forest, the elves. Elves fought for survival, human nations fought for their progeny and for vengeance - the elven dominion over them ended long ago, but the nations had a long memory when it came to slights. Dwarves fought on both fronts - they sold their weapons and allowed both sides to hire their help, but when they found out that humans raided even their settlements to gain advantage, and that elves decided to keep their weapons and offered just promises, their greed took over.

War was fought for so long, that neither side really remembered what was the true reason.

And then the orcs came and attacked. Their black blood was spilled too, but there were too many, and they were able to bear their losses better than any of the races. Only truce could be the way to defeat this new threat.

Messengers were sent. A quick truce has been negotiated. Three armies, the Free Nations of Men, the Elven Kingdoms and the Dwarven Host met the Horde in field of battle and prevailed. For now. The orcish horde was battered, but not broken. They would return.

Leaders, with their entourage, most trusted advisors, guards, friends and some enemies (to keep them close), were to meet and discuss how to tackle the new threat. A location was chosen - an ancient fortress, abandoned long ago, with no lord or master. Servants and spies were dispatched to prepare for the grand ocassion, when the most powerful of the age met. To forge a lasting peace? To prepare for another war? To betray? To help?

Nobody really knows what happened, but the events shaked the world and changed it.

You will know. You were there. You know what transpired.

And this will be the story.

The plan is to run a series of games, using Burning Wheel Gold rules. Let me start with a small disclaimer: I am completely new to BW, so mistakes should be expected and I plan to limit the scope of the first game, slowly unfolding options for the next ones. Characters will be reused or will be created anew, but whatever you gained may be transferred to your next character.

My original idea was to start a game with representatives of "civilized" races meeting in the end of a great war in ruins of an ancient city to stop the violence and discuss how to divide the world amongst themselves, and then continue playing in the world few hundred years later, with the world changing based on your influence.

We already have 2 people interested, but I'm looking for an additional 1 or 2 players.

If you like Burning Wheel or you want to try out something new, join us here!
    Call me Laco or Ladislav (if you need to be formal). Avatar comes from the talented linklele.

Instead of having an adventure, from which a cool unexpected story may rise, you had a story, with an adventure built and designed to enable the story, but also ensure (or close to ensure) it happens.

21. - Top - End - #801
    Pixie in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Hi if you're free this Sunday at 11am and interested in joining a fun and flexible role playing campaign based on a Lovecraftian themed school where your character learns magic, boy howdy do I have good news for you! I am hosting a character creation workshop over Discord where I will be demonstrating the rules for MORRA: Ravenswood Academy and I'd love for you to join me. PM if interested. Thanks!

If you've ever played Vampire: the Masquerade, the mechanics are similar with each character having a particular archetype and skill points that are bought with XP. I'll be delivering a full rundown during the workshop but more information is also available if you wanna look up Mighty Narwhal Productions. Hope to hear from you.
    "You wear many masks, and that's what they are. Masks." ~Jestra Sternblade

22. - Top - End - #802
    Halfling in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Hi potential players:

Looking for players for my play by forum or discord text game. I got this idea a while ago about running a campaign that consisted of players exploring a haunted house. While there are some elements of that, its now more like a house of horrors. Most of the campaign will consist of exploring the rather large manor. There is a city the manor is located in which can be used as a resource (if you're incline to do so) but most of the story will take place in manor. If the campaign goes well, there is a second half that will consist of an open world, but seeing as players come and go I would like to make it through the first part of the campaign before moving on to the second.

Details to the campaign and a backstory can be found here: https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...hill-(DND-5-0)

Looking forward to seeing all of you there.

23. - Top - End - #803

24. - Top - End - #804

She Never Slept with Her! [Dory+Apsis]

Your Patron, Leto the charming and forthright queen of Salkios, has been accused by the brutal and commanding Olympias of having an extra-marital affair with her. The accusation was carried on the lips of Stephanos, an ardent poet whose life is at risk unless he can be persuaded to retract the story he believes is Truth.

THEY CALL YOU HEROES, because you seek
    renown in serving your patron’s honor - such as
    it is. Leave others to reckon the cost of honor.
    You chase glory recklessly.

As members of Leto's household, her champions, you are bound by honor to avenge the insult to her character. How will you do so?

Recruiting thread is in this forum.
    Mythistorical bundle

25. - Top - End - #805

To Kill a God

You've nearly finished the first good meal you've had in a week, when a person wearing a hooded cloak sits down uninvited to your table.

He flips back the hood, revealing elvish ears and nose and a slightly mad smile.

"You look like adventuresome folk," he says with an unsettled tone. "Help me kill a god."

Spoiler: Rules
    Show

This game is set in the Grave of Heaven. It starts on the snowy, mountainous, heavily pine-forested isle of Yem, where the Death Prince governs with light reins and the necromancers reign free. Your characters could be anything and come from anywhere - tell me your concept and I'll tell you where you're from and what you know.
    Mythistorical bundle

26. - Top - End - #806

Wow I'm really not getting much traction here ...

Another go:

Title: HERETIC
    Theme: 1990s Paranormal-Horror-investigation Paranoia-like
    System: copy at link below
    Format: play by post (rpg.net)
    Teaser: https://forum.rpg.net/index.php?thre...demons.887103/.
    Last edited by Tibbius; 2021-09-22 at 07:47 PM.
    Mythistorical bundle

27. - Top - End - #807

I think people forgot to delete their entry once full/not recruiting anymore. Every game I tried is full or non existant…

28. - Top - End - #808
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nezkrul View Post
    I think people forgot to delete their entry once full/not recruiting anymore. Every game I tried is full or non existant…
    I'm still looking for one player in the Southeast Aurora area. We've managed (by following local (Tri-County health dept), state (Colorado), and national (CDC) recommendations) to return to in-person Face-to-Face (f2f) gameplay. If you're in the local area, please feel free to contact me for f2f D&D 3.5 campaign play (every other Saturday from 1600-2200MT). [email protected]. Time to update my listing/posting...

29. - Top - End - #809

Terrors of the Underdark

[FR 3.5e d&d] (OPEN until Nov 7) Recruiting 2 players for a monthly Roll20 game to be ran on Sundays (4 to 6 hr sessions), using my discord server for voice chat and messaging. Scheduling is based on everyone’s availability.

Edit: Please reply, private message, or email me your completed character submission before 7pm CST on Saturday, November 6. If you can’t game on the 7th, the party may still choose you and reschedule game night. Notification of those chosen will occur Saturday @ ~10:00 pm CST, so make sure I can reach you.

High fantasy exploration and evil-doer buttkicking in the Underdark.

Durnan, the proprietor of the Yawning Portal Inn, of Waterdeep, has put out a call to many cities and nations in Faerun, for heroes to come to the aid of the Lords and Ladies of Waterdeep. He has put up a reward of 100,000 gold pieces for successful completion of the mission, and is offering free room and board for any heroes that answer his call.

The plot line for this game is broken into episodic parts of a Prologue, 6 acts involving many individual parts, and an Epilogue.

What I am looking for:
    - 2 reliable players.

What I need of them:
    - Have at least two Sundays open to game, every month, to help with scheduling.
    - Build a character that meets my criteria and houserules, below.
    - Have fun playing such a character and not worry about being the strongest or best.

Interested? If so, IM me with your idea of a character that will fill one of the following roles in a party, without a lot of overlap:
    - Martial role (melee, tanking, damage soaker type character)
    - Support role (buffing, aiding, good with some skills; and can heal in combat with own abilities or items - or has a battlefield controller focus)

My current players are filling the Arcane, Divine, and Skill/Face roles. They will help me decide on candidates to fill these open roles needed.

To get you started:
    - ECL 15, at least one level in a base class and no more than 2 prestige classes. (There is a homebrew bonus for characters that start with 15 levels in a base class, not counting druid nor wizard).
    - Any non-undead humanoid, or humanoid-like race from 3.5 sources or FR 3.0 sources (use most up to date version). Some exceptions for other Campaign Setting sources could be made.
    - Level adjustment +1 can start as bought off without loss of XP, but +2 or higher will cost XP as normal.
    - Free Regional feat at 1st level, as a bonus feat, but must meet the prerequisites*.
    - Up to 2 flaws and 2 traits from the Unearthed Arcana; however you can’t have any feats that contradict your flaws until you reach level 21/21 hitdice.
    - Attributes are your choice of Epic array (18,17,16,15,14,13) or rolled: 6 sets of 5d6 drop 2 lowest; choose 1 set. (Current 3 players all chose to roll)
    - Wealth: 300,000 gp; no more than 100,000 on one item, and all others are 50,000 or less.
    - Alignment: Any non-evil.
    - Use Mythweavers for your character sheet, please.
    - *You must write a detailed background for your character, including long and short term goals, notable NPCs met, notable locations and adventures it went on, family life and upbringing, and a “how I got to where I am” theme. If your character’s race is weird or doesnt meet the prerequisites for any regional feat, I will probably not submit your character for the final vote to my current players.
    - Hitpoints are average, rounded up.
    - Hard Bans: candle of invocation, belt of battle, celerity, greater celerity, planar shepherd, thrallherd, ruby knight vindicator, truenamer, leadership, necropolitan, taint and depravity, early entry shenanigans that require DM fiat/interpretation, most dnd wiki homebrew junk.
    - Sources allowed: All 3.5e sources and most 3.0 FR sources, A&E Guide, and most Dragon Magazine content if it fits in the Forgotten Realms.

If your character submission fails to meet the Role criteria, or violates any of these houserules, it will be ignored. If you have questions, IM me, please do not post tons of questions here.

Looking to possibly start the game on Nov 21, depending on player availability. Typical starting time I am shooting for is 11am to Noon, Central Standard Time (chicago), sometimes later.

This is not a first come first taken race. The devil is in the details. I need you invested in your character for the game to be more fun. Completed submissions will have a much higher chance of being picked.
    Last edited by Nezkrul; 2021-11-04 at 10:05 PM.

30. - Top - End - #810
    Troll in the Playground

All right, folks. I'm going to dip my toe back into PbP GMing.

A Cold Welcome
    - Twilight 2013
    - Newbie Friendly
    - Newb GM

Check it out, let me know if there's interest.