New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Currently Recruiting Players

Game: Mechsuit Mercenaries
    System: Pathfinder + Homebrew
    Medium: These forums.

Come and check it out! The players are mercenaries. With mechsuits. Self explanatory, really. Big guns, big fights, and dangerous levels of awesome.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

Recruiting for a My Little Pony: Roleplaying is Magic S3 game! We'll be playing through the forums, so come one, come all!

The thread can found here.
    Last edited by Batpope Scott; 2013-11-07 at 12:27 AM.
    What I say should be taken with a grain of salt, as that is the best way to serve madness!
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #183
    Orc in the Playground

Recruiting player for an Age of Worms game! 1st-level, any base class except for Tier One and Two. Please include character concept before statistics, and there are some houserules.
    Last edited by urkthegurk; 2013-11-07 at 04:36 PM.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Pixie in the Playground

We're looking for players for a RuneQuest 6th edition game in the Silver Spring area.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Pixie in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Interest check for a Savage Worlds Hellfrost PbP.

Check it out Here!

6. - Top - End - #186
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Currently recruiting players for a street racing d20 modern game. If interested, feel free to follow the link and apply.

Recruitment

7. - Top - End - #187
    Barbarian in the Playground

Recruting for a magitech Pathfinder game set in Eberron, inspired by Firefly. Link here.
    3DS Friend Code: 4442-0172-6654 Safari: Flying (Pidgey, Hoothoot, Fletchinder)

8. - Top - End - #188
    Pixie in the Playground

Hosting a pathfinder style inspired Written story.
    I can host it here on this website or my current system of Google documents.
    I typically avoid Dice rolls and prefer to write the story to allow your mind to solve situations rather then the luck of the dice.
    If you are interested E-mail me at [email protected] with your preferred medium of play.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...oMxM0b2fw/edit

9. - Top - End - #189
    Halfling in the Playground

MindFlayer

I am looking for players for a homebrewed RPG set in a D&D-style setting that I created. Dice rolls will not be necessary except for Character Creation, because the stats are only there to give you an idea of your character's abilities and limitations. Otherwise, I think things should be resolved through roleplaying. It is a fantasy setting with minor technology (Flintlocks), and the world it is set in is one of my own creation. PM me if you're interested.
    Jesus saves, everyone else takes 4d6.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

This is my first attempt to start a PBP here. Please be gentle!

The Duke’s Riders

This is an introductory PBP that will bring adventurers through the classic RQ boxed set Borderlands, using Moon Design’s Gloranthan Classics – Borderlands and Beyond. PCs will be mercenaries in the service of Duke Raus of Rone, an exiled nobleman from the Lunar Redlands who is establishing a new holding in the fertile Zola Fel river valley, downstream from the fabled ruin city of Pavis, on the edge of the harsh chapparl of the plains of Prax. This classic RuneQuest setting is meant as an introduction to Greg Stafford’s world of Glorantha.

System: RuneQuest 6th Edition by the Design Mechanism
    Player Count: 6-8
    Style of Play: Campaign adventure path
    Allowed Content:

• Cults of Glorantha for Mongoose RQ 2 (optional)
    • Other applicable Glorantha 3rd age material

... and any other applicable content. Great resources are Sartar, Kingdom of Heroes and Pavis, Gateway to Adventure by Moon Design. While not specifically RQ6 products, they are great for anyone wanting to learn more about Prax and Dragon Pass. The Moon Design website at Glorantha.com is also a great resource. But all you really need is access to the RQ6 rules.

Character Creation: Standard 80 point buy and beginning PC creation as detailed in RQ6. Characters should be conceivably able to be present in the area of Pavis/The Zola Fel river valley/Prax. Praxian Animal Nomads, Sartarites, and the like will have the easiest time of things, but anyone from any corner of Glorantha could be a PC.

Backstory: PCs are mercenaries in the service of Duke Raus of Rone. As such, PCs need to have decent weapon skills but can otherwise be anyone who would see mercenary service on the frontier of Prax in the service of a transplanted foreign duke who has nominal loyalty to the Lunar Empire.
    Experience: Standard beginning PCs as per RQ 6

Wealth: As per RQ 6 standard character creation

Ability Scores: Point buy, 80 points, as per RQ6

Hitpoints/Health: As per RQ 6. For ease of play, we won’t be using hit locations, as this is my first PBP at this site.

Alignment: PCs can be either any local religion, but I urge players to work together so that their cults won’t be at odds (ie, Storm Tribe vs Lunar Pantheon.)

Other Notes: Instead of RQ6 Folk Magic, I will be using Common Magic from the Legend Core Rules, as that most closely emulates the Chaosium RQ 2nd edition feel I want. PCs will start with the standard 6 points of magnitude worth of common magic, and all PCs get the Common Magic skill (POW+CHA base) with a +30% bonus due the magical nature of Glorantha.

PC Theists and Sorcerers are fine – Sorcerers will either be Malkioni from the west (Seshnela, Ralios, etc),Lunar Sorcerers, Carmanians or Malkioni from the Holy Country, or perhaps Esvulari Henotheists. At this time, mystics are off limits to PCs, but PCs may be able to learn mysticism by joining various practices during game play. Examples include Lunar mysticism, uncovering secrets of the Empire of the Wyrm’s Friends, and so on.

If I am doing the format wrong or otherwise comiting a faux pax, please, let me know.
    Last edited by Kaiu Keiichi; 2013-11-18 at 05:33 PM.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Firbolg in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=315228

Terms Of Service Friendly Conspiracy Theory:
    This RP is similar to the X-Files, with the show Heroes combined. In addition, it incorporates Elements of Shadow Run

So, the world is held in a Matrix. No, this isn't "The Matrix", and it's not too similar to the movie, although it has some minor similarities. This RP is built on a premise another Playgrounder began, ourselves with some Paranormal powers added, who are recruited by an X-Files like entity.

The Matrix is a world wide, some say even Stellar, Inter-Stellar, or perhaps even Star Cluster wide net that acts as protection of some kind against extra-terrestrial and terrestrial threats. The Matrix helps to hold paranormal powers in check, aliens, cyborgs, mad scientists, sorcerers, gods, demons, even dinosaurs, believe it or not, in check. Somewhere in our inner minds, in theory, we Humans are aware of this reality, but as a matter of practice, we don't know anything about anything.

This is the year 200?. We are our normal selves (Although we are shunted back at least six years ago with our current age). All of us have our own strengths, weaknesses, traits and attributes that can make our calling in the Matrix Agency useful. Furthermore, we might not be in the position to refuse their "request" to participate in their Agency. Their whole point of existence is recruiting those in the world and across the country who some how possess paranormal powers that aren't suppressed by the Net.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Pixie in the Playground

Old school DM, looking for 2-4 players for a Home Brew D&D world. It will be 1st ED with some 2nd and 3.5 blended in. (The 2nd and 3.5 influences will be mostly spells, saves and monsters).

I would email you the adventure maps, and any info you need to roll up your characters. All you really need is dice and a character sheet...which i also have a scan of for you, a Skype account, and a free Sunday.

Everyone starts at first level, and we go from there. It will be an epic campaign. I have the world created, the area you'll be adventuring out of for a while, and even the city and npc's.

Email me if you're interested.

13. - Top - End - #193

Day After Ragnarok, a two-fisted diesel punk game of high adventure set in a surreal alternative earth, is currently recruiting two new players.

The game’s been going for almost eighteen months now, with a brief three-month hiatus; this is my attempt to restart it.

We ‘re using the Savage World Revised Core edition for the game; not the newest iteration of the SW rules, but sturdy enough for our purposes. Players will also need the Day After Ragnarok SW edition source book, which is available from DrivethruRPG.

Interested parties should PM me with their characters ideas or to ask questions about the setting and the campaign itself. DAR is a great world to role-play in, with all the tropes you’d expect from a pulp setting – not to mention one of the strangest and gosh-darned cool end of the world scenarios you’ll ever likely to come across. Download the book; check it out. While you're at it, check out the old IC thread too: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247616

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ettin in the Playground

Filled! Nothing to see here!

4E Keep On The Shadowfell is currently recruiting 1 or 2 players.

One player has been gone for a while and has been being NPC'd by DM, another recently disappeared and has been prodded. If no response by this weekend then they will be replaced as well.

The Info :
    - Requesting places make one post every 48 hours, and give heads up of absences.
    - Characters are created using PHB 1 / PHB 2. No homebrew, nothing fancy.
    - First two encounters have been completed, and characters are currently level two.
    - DM and two players are in PST timezone, but all are welcome.
    - Party currently has Bard, Sorcerer and Warden active. Avenger and Wizard inactive.
    - You may take over a character in the game, or build your own.

OoC Thread : Link
    IC Thread : Link

Contact me via PM please.
    Last edited by Bounty Hunter; 2013-12-04 at 04:39 PM.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Halfling in the Playground

16. - Top - End - #196
    Bugbear in the Playground

Devil

A Thin Blue Line

A police-procedural murder mystery set in a modern-day, big American city. Very freeform, no dice rolls. The big challenge is puzzle-solving and roleplay, not combat, so I see no need to clutter it up with a lot of combat rules and stats. I've been going for a while with a single PC, and now I'm trying to line up a partner for him. We're currently posting at a rate of 1-2 posts per day, but I expect that to slow down with the holidays and with adding a new player. Still, I'm looking for someone who can make about 1 post per day, most days.

Anyhoo, mosey over to the recruitment thread, above, to see if you're interested.
    I'm not an evil GM! Honest!

17. - Top - End - #197
    Firbolg in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Reincarnation Wars!!!
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=316143

Play as yourself in a world where you are the Reincarnation of many different fictional characters!!!
    You possess the powers of them all, and you fight to preserve the universe from the insanity that it is falling apart from!!!

Ten Players Allowed. . . Probably six will play for sure.
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2013-11-24 at 08:20 PM.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Looking for 4-6 players for a Pathfinder game, who are sent to modern earth to obtain an item of great consequence. PM me if you're interested with a character description, all Paizo publication stuff allowed. If I get enough players I will create a thread. When sending a character description, keep in mind that the characters come from a generic fantasy setting, not modern day earth.
    Thanks!
    No comment.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

Recruiting 2-3 players for SW Saga game.

This game is set in an alternate EU set far after NJO. Recruitment thread is here.

Hope to see some of you there!

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

20. - Top - End - #200

•Do you like freeform games.
    •Do you like dark fantasy (Inspired by games such as dark souls).
    •Do you like the feeling of having a destiny and purpose.

If you answered yes to the above, come along and checkout my dark fantasy freeform. It can be found here.

"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
    — Friedrich Nietzsche

View my newest homebrew (feedback is greatly appreciate):
    The Vile speaker-http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...-PEACH-welcome

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

THE HUNGER GAMES

I'm trying to get as many players as I can for a hunger games PF game. It should be loads of fun. Come join us! Currently need 10+ players.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

my pathfinder game here: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=319693

played on skype and roll 20
    Last edited by jlmdragon; 2013-12-15 at 05:12 AM.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

My group is located in North London, UK and we play a wide variety of games, ie d20, star wars, 40k, shadowrun, cortex. We meet on Friday and Saturday nights, each night is a separate game. If anyone is interested in joining us please pm me.
    Current rpg games:
    Stars Wars (GM)
    Symbaroum Nero, changeling wizard
    Elite:Dangerous, Kaldair McGee

Current games:
    Clash of Clans
    Seaport
    DomniNations

24. - Top - End - #204
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=321261

I am interested in playing any game, as long as i am playing and it is on irc. is anyone interested in irc rpging?
    !! Going to my destruction !!

25. - Top - End - #205

Default Re: NO LONGER Recruiting Players

We found two more players ... thanks for your interest !
    Recruiting two new players - one each of warrior, rogue, or mage - for

Spoiler: a Dragon Age game.
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Eulalios View Post
    wrapping up round two

Orhild is yelling "Back to the wagons! Damned Dalish! Damn Desta! Back to the wagons! ROLL ON!"

Ivonne finds good cover and scans the brush. She catches the silhouettes of five long-eared folk with bows, scrambling up over the top of the hill and away.

Halendor ... is not doing much. He kneels in the road, clutching at his side and at the arrows in his back. It's hard to read facial expressions by moonlight, but one might say he looks puzzled.

Thomar, like Cambion, sheds his shield and sword, unslings and strings his bow; scans the hillside with an arrow on the string. "Nothing and no-one," he growls.

Cambion, also scanning the hillside, spies a long-eared female crouched in silhouette at the crest. As he unthinkingly reaches for an arrow, she departs.

"Back to the wagons!" shouts Orhild.

Level 1, standard rules, setting is southwestern Ferelden pre-Blight, pre-Pretender. Current characters are an Orlesian noble rogue (runaway bride), Orlesian noble mage (apostate), and Nevarran warrior (adventuring noble). Looking to add warrior, rogue, or mage. NPC -> PC options include a male Fereldan warrior, a couple Antivan warriors (one male, one older female). Or roll your own Fereldan. Dalish would be right out at this point.
    Last edited by Eulalios; 2014-01-07 at 12:40 PM. Reason: full!

26. - Top - End - #206

PM me I need two players one playing a new born god and an anchient demon+/ Demon Child different games I cant say much more so it needs to be done kinda secrectly . Types are pathfinder/3.5
    Last edited by Elysian Blade; 2013-12-29 at 07:39 AM.
    Spoiler: Map for Mercenaries
    Show

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

Looking for 3 players for a run of the DOOM campaign Board Game. I could run 2-3 games of this over these threads with ease. (So feel free to PM me with interest.)

Board Game Map and such will be shown over Google Spreadsheet. IC and OOC will have their threads.

Figuring on at least 1 post/day. Cards with be listed to players in respective spoilers.

EDIT: rules - http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ff.../doomrules.pdf

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Recruiting for This

Edit: Also recruiting for star wars game Here
    Last edited by russdm; 2014-01-11 at 08:25 PM.
    Blog Read and Comment! I use green for joking and Blue for sarcasm.
    Published two Kindle Books on Amazon, both are 99 cents. Ask Me about them!

My First Let's Play -- Temporary Haitus (I plan to get back to it eventually)
    (Yes, I happen to despise Game of Thrones, and the Book Series it is based on. I am Team Wight/Other. Kill all those humans!)

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

Recruiting for this, need two or three more people.
    Spoiler
    Show

Thank you to Ceika for the signature and avatar.

Read Sons of the Fallen here

30. - Top - End - #210
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Please contact: [email protected]
    To connect: download the mIRC program or use mibbit and join via the darkmyst server (the channels are listed below)

An endless struggle to gain control over New Orleans ended in devastating bloodshed on all opposing sides. With countess dead, each supernatural faction left the city empty for nearly three decades out of respect to those who had fallen. Now, a new Prince has arrived to rebuild what was once a broken domain and the other creatures from the world hidden from mortals have returned to restore what had been lost for so long.

Hallowed Bayou is a 3rd Edition World of Darkness game that includes: Vampire: The Masquerade, Werewolf: The Apocalypse, Changing Breeds and Sorcerers. It seems like a strange combination of systems, but the storyline behind the city - one of death and a loss of honor, encourages all types to work together to maintain a level of civility and prevent another war among them.

For people who have never played in a World of Darkness game, they are heavily based on political and social maneuvering. Shows like Rome, The Tudors, Kindred: The Embrace (which was based directly off the system), or Game of Thrones are really good examples of how the game might look were it translated to television. There is some combat, but there is no 'questing'. The game relies heavily on relationship building (friends, enemies, allies) and the constant struggle to maintain the Masquerade - hiding from the mortal world.

And while you may have never tried the system before, the staff are always more than happy to help someone who is willing to learn.

The game is run on the DarkMyst server on irc. To access it, a player only needs to go to www.mibbit.com and choose the server under the listed options or download the IRC program. The main out of character channel is #Hallowed_OOC - where players are encouraged to chat and get to know with staff and their fellow players as well as ask any questions that they may have.

It's an open game, meaning that it's 24/7 as long as there are players around, and considering that we all come from different time zones and have different schedules, there are usually people lurking about looking to go in character. The main channel, #Hallowed_Bayou is set in the Elysium (which is open to all supernatural types), where characters socialize and exchange information. Storylines occur often and there are always events (either more casual ones like balls, concerts, club openings or the ones that are related to storylines or formal like a Moot for Werewolves or the Court for Vampires).

Everything that anyone could need to get involved is shared in the information on the website and forum. There are links to step-by-step creation, for the source books and a lot of the information is just posted directly there in organized categories for easy access.

Our Website: http://hallowedbayou.yolasite.com/

For information about the Setting, read these links:

http://hallowedbayou.yolasite.com/kindred-history.php
    http://hallowedbayou.yolasite.com/th...l-monmorte.php
    http://hallowedbayou.yolasite.com/elysium.php

Our Forum: http://hallowedbayou.freeforums.org/

Players are welcome to create any of the following:

Vampires: Brujah, Gangrel, Malkavian, Nosferatu, Toreador, Tremere, Ventrue, Ravnos, Followers of Set*, Giovanni*, Tzimisce*, Lasombra*

*These clans are restricted and you will have to talk to an ST about getting approved

Garou/Fera: Bastet, Gurahl, Mokole, Kitsune*, Rokea*, Corax, Ratkin, Garou, Nuwisha, Ajabi, Nagah

*These shfters are restricted and you will have to talk to the ST about getting approved

Other: Sorcerers, Mortals, Kinfolk