New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Currently Recruiting Players

Re-recruitment for a freeform game,the world is Sylvania and there's plenty of room for all play styles. http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=324774

I'm back.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

Re-recruitment for the Forbidden Land of Sundara, a homebrew setting where followers of the LG Sun Goddess have invaded and occupied the last elven city on the Continent.

Need 1 player to start off at ECL 5 with 42 point buy and 9000 GP starting gold. Generous DM bonus XP and item haul would quickly bring the character in line with the others.

OOC Thread
    IC Thread

Prospective character should have a strong backstory as the game has a tendency to splinter off party members for solo adventures. Please PM me.

EDIT: Thanks. Found someone.
    Last edited by Plushie Arz; 2014-01-13 at 06:58 PM.
    THE FORBIDDEN LAND OF SUNDARA

Spoiler
    Show

IC | OOC
    INSURGENCY
    IC I | IC II | IC III
    OOC I | OOC II | OOC III

3. - Top - End - #213
    Bugbear in the Playground

The Northern Frontier

A Western Marches style E6 Pathfinder game that will be played through MapTool.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Mature players interested in serious PBP settings can check here while the current scenarios are in the starting phase:

[+] World of Medieval PBP RPG and [+] Future Earth PBP Sci-Fi RPG

Pathfinder and D&D are here: [+] Member Wars RPG
    RulerOfKings.com Medieval Text RPG
    Do not just read the story, become it and decide the ending.

5. - Top - End - #215

HalflingPirate

Recruiting for A rather steep descent, a 13th age game.

UPDATE: Recruitment done. Thanks for your interest!

UPDATE: Looking for one more player!
    Last edited by Teucros; 2014-03-04 at 02:51 PM.

6. - Top - End - #216

RogueGuy

Recruiting 4-6 players for a Pathfinder adventure path game. Thread is HERE. All filled up, for now.
    Last edited by Askel; 2014-01-25 at 10:17 PM.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Halfling in the Playground

MonkGuy

8. - Top - End - #218
    Orc in the Playground

Beholder

As a DM, eventually I want to use M&M 3rd to run a "Sword & Sorcery" campaign for novice PCs in Hyperborea. Good to Neutral humans, Elves, and Dwarves only. Magic-users build whatever spells they like, with a range limit of one mile max (a few spells, and no daily spell limits).

Elves & dwarves have Infravision and 'cultural adds'. Hate/Fear mixing among the races. Take the PF classes & convert them over to M&M 3rd. The 'monsters' would be unique in presentation.

Heavy RP with NPCs. Tactical 'theater of the mind' combat. Intellectual intrigue & hoards of amazing booty! PC goals revealed via Motivations.

It could work.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Orc in the Playground

Beholder

A "Call of Cthulhu" adventure using M&M 3rd in a deep-space setting.

PCs are enroute, or at, a destination that challenges their capabilities & sanity.

You can win, but at what cost?

10. - Top - End - #220
    Orc in the Playground

Beholder

A Steampunk adventure using M&M 3rd in a turn-of-the-century setting.

PCs are inventors or agents (government or commercial) who must face down a new threat to the world. No powers, just crazy new device, crafted by the PC, or your sponsor.

Heavy intrigue/RP and varied forms of conflict.

I like a setting like the 'New West' or somewhere exotic, like Japan.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

As this never actually got off the ground (after first encounter was over it died) I'm trying to bring this back... Hopefully I can but I will need dedicated players and people who are ready to play for a very long story line (It's lvls 1 - 30). link

12. - Top - End - #222

A freewheeling game in a well-developed setting (link for recruitment thread).

A wandering spirit, visible at will, an inflamer of human passions.
    A sword held in great esteem by a certain warrior lineage, lost for generations.
    A hermit priestess, practicing obscure deprivations.
    A vicious gang of cutthroats and tavern-thieves.

First day in the Waxing quarter of the Snow moon. Snowdrifts.

So far, the roof of the Tavern at Streams has held up under several layers of snow - fluffy snow; heavy wet snow verging on translucent ice; fine powdery snow; bullets of sleet. The path from the tavern door, out to the road that runs northeast toward the Temple and southwest toward History, is a frozen dirt-brown pudding. The streams are frozen even at their juncture. Icicles trail from the sturdy old bridge to join the angled fragments of the river ice. Smoke streams grey from the chimney straight up into the cold blue sky. Its odor permeates the air, which burns the inside of your nose and numbs your ears. The distant morning sun hangs over the eastern ridges, gleaming just bearably bright on the waist-high drifts that blanket the miles-wide valley.

1 or more Player Characters are welcome to awaken at the tavern, and to pursue their paths through the Magic Realm.

Rules (and setting; and 16ish info): Fictive Hack of the Magic Realm (just trample through the snowdrifts, above).
    Last edited by Eulalios; 2014-02-13 at 04:39 PM.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Firbolg in the Playground

I have just re-opened recruitment for my 80's Action Prison Island Game! It takes place in the near future of 2012 and is chalk-full of references to movies and music from the era.

Ever wonder what would happen if Snake Plissken went head-to-head with Mad Max in a Death Race-style Road Rally?

Ever wonder if John Conner could take down Hans Gruber?

Ever wonder what would happen if Casey Ryback was a cook... for the bad guys?!

If you answered yes to any of these questions (or even if you thought to yourself "who the heck is Casey Ryback" and then promptly went to Google to find the answer) then you owe it to yourself to check out:
    Last edited by Erasmas; 2014-02-14 at 12:50 PM.
    "There's a beast in every man, and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand."
    - Ser Jorah Mormont
    "I fight... so that you don't have to."
    - Templar Thomas Marshall
    "I am not a warrior." "Very soon... you will be."
    - Conversation between Ahmad ibn Fadlan and Herger the Joyous

14. - Top - End - #224
    Barbarian in the Playground

Looking for 2 to 4 players to add to my game Donvaor Depths of shadows game.
    Here is the Recruitment/OC/IC
    Spoiler: My Sig
    Show
    Games I'm DMing
    Donvaor: Depths of Shadow : Recruitment/OC/IC

HomeBrew:
    Scribble's Fire Emblem System

Credit to Elder Tsofu for the awesome avatar.

15. - Top - End - #225

Zombie

Currently recruiting for a D20 Modern game called Our Story.

Bullets, Puzzles, and people are everywhere in this adventure and we need between four and sixteen people to stretch the DM's mind and a save a galaxy from total destruction! Or maybe the player wants to take over the galaxy for them self?

Your actions will shape this universe.

First come first serve.

Apply Here
    Head Hancho of the fanclub

Fascist Paladin of Snuggles

Partime Elder Shaman of: Lickmyorangeballshalfling.

16. - Top - End - #226

WhiteWizardGirl

System: Pathfinder with some Homebrew Changes (See Below)

Style: Play by Post

Link: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331528

Setting: Magic has threaded it's way into every facet, every part of life now, past the days gone where wizards horded their arcane knowledge, Where religion held sway over your health.
    The Empire hates this way of life; they want to go back to the old ways; the ways of Might Over right.

Homebrew Changes: The Largest ones are that all classes have access to be able to create; use and employ magic items. Casters still might hold king over magic; but even a fighter with a little bit of ingenuity can make his own magic arms and armor.

CLOSED TO NEW INTEREST
    Last edited by DrunkenMists; 2014-02-23 at 07:01 PM.

17. - Top - End - #227

Swords and sorcery with Awesomes.

Looking for additional players to explore the aftermath of major hurricane in rundown post-imperial harbor town: The City of Foam. IC thread and rules are linked in my sig. Just PM me if interested.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

Come one, come all! Castle Strange has opened its doors to all the far flung relatives of the mysterious Master, that renowned playwright and sometime scribe of sordid love stories for the penny books (under a false name of course)

If you like 3.5 RP, puzzle, mystery intensive shenanigans, apply within!
    Cool avatar by Gurgleflep

Posting Severely Limited. PM me in case of prolonged absence

my page

19. - Top - End - #229
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

I'm currently recruiting for a short, vanilla Pathfinder campaign set in Brevoy.

Description/16:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GenPol View Post
    Problems in Privska

Mayor Ivan Nevidka was returning home to Privska from the nearby town of Lebskov when his carriage was attacked by goblins! They made off with all of his valuables, including his emerald signet ring, the symbol of his office as Mayor of Privska. The distraught mayor hasn’t left his bedroom since the theft, and the citizens are beginning to get annoyed.

The Town Wizard, an old Gnome named Torinth the Eighth, has offered a 1,000 gold piece reward to anybody who can return the Mayor’s ring. Torinth (affectionately known as Toad by the inhabitants of Privska), believes the goblins to be hiding in the ruins of the tower of his exiled predecessor, Torinth the Tenth.

Who can bring the mayor out of his bedroom?

--

Welcome! I'm GenPol, and I'm hoping to run a low-level Pathfinder game to reacquaint myself with Pathfinder, and to learn about how Play-by-Post games work. I've never GMed a PbP before, so bear with me!

The game will be set in the world of Golarion, largely in the Rostlands region of the Kingdom of Brevoy. Privska, the starting point, is a small town located on the banks of the East Stellen River, south of New Stetven. I'm going for something pretty vanilla, just so I can get a grip PbP games.

"16" Questions:
    Spoiler
    Show

System: Pathfinder.
    Player Count: 4, with 4 more standbys in the case of player inactivity or character death.
    Style of Play: I hope to keep it varied, but my emphasis will probably be on roleplaying, then hack & slash and puzzle solving. Please roleplay amongst yourselves as possible, when traveling or resting.
    Allowed Content: You can use anything by Paizo, but if you use anything outside of the Core Rulebook, please clearly indicate where it came from.
    Character Creation:

• Backstory: At least 100 words, no more than 300. Try to work in how your character came to live in Privska, if they weren't born there.
    • Experience: Starting at level 1, so 0.
    • Wealth: Class average or roll here.
    • Ability Scores: 20 point buy, or roll the standard 4d6 best 3, six times. If you choose to roll and the value of your ability scores according to the point buy system is less than 10, you can try again.
    • Hitpoints/Health: Max at first level, roll or take average after that.
    • Alignment: Whatever you want.

Other Notes: I'll take the best four submissions, and choose three or four more people to keep on standby, in case one of the chosen players falls inactive or there's a character death.

I'll be trying to post at least once every two days, but feel free to post and roleplay amongst yourselves in my absence. I'll be rolling your initiatives for you to speed up combat.

This is going to be a short game, probably not going past level 6. I'm looking for a well rounded party, so please don't feel bad if you get rejected.

Thanks in advance!

LINK TO RECRUITMENT THREAD

20. - Top - End - #230

We will start off in combat, shift to roleplay with a sandboxy feel.

... and we have cannons.

d20 SRD rules, with mods listed in thread linked above.
    Mid to low level (1-6)
    Gritty realism
    Heavy RP
    NPCs are awed by monsters or magic

Flavor: Sub tropical maritime and coastal campaign, set in a new territory of one among several global empires. Pirates, ancient temples, religious heresies, witchcraft, espionage, intrigue, warfare, scary monsters, famine, strife.
    Spoiler: Extra spice
    Show
    Fragments of ships, washed in the tide ... A procuress for a dissolute nobleman ... a maiden's hands, holding a human skull ... a whip caked with the blood of a flogged man ... a dagger dripping with viscous green liquid ... a bewigged merchant, haggling over the price of a cargo ... a white-clad dandy, wreathed in smoke. A sharpshooter, crouched in a high place. A chain of prisoners, led to the gallows by soldiers of the Crown. A ruined outpost, long abandoned, said to be haunted ...
    An inland lake where the natives ritually drowned sacrifices by weighting them down with gold.

21. - Top - End - #231

ClericGuy

So I had two players just ghost on me during the Curse of the Crimson Throne campaign I'm running. I'm looking for players to replace them. The requirements are:

- Starting level: 1
    - Starting gold: Average or roll appropriate for class
    - Material Allowed: CRB, APG, ARG, UE
    - Current Party: Tanky Fighter, Bard
    - Game date: Thursdays @ 3:00 PM, GMT
    - Skype name: ComputerGuy Ryan
    - 3rd Party classes will be reviewed before being allowed.

I reserve the right to refuse offered characters. Feel free to send me your character sheet in a PM, or send it to me over Skype.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

As your lightsaber hums in your hand you stare the Sith in the eyes. They glow yellow as he pulls back his teeth in a feral sneer.
    Suddenly, you are sitting on the ground. He is sitting too, and the both of you stare at each other for a moment.
    For you have heard something. Something, through the Force calling you. And you know that he has heard it too.
    There is no time to delay. You pick up your sabers and turn away, running for your ships. As you blast your way through the space battle you can see him pacing you.
    There is no time to stop and shoot him. There will be other seekers too. Others searching, looking, trying to find the Source of this Call.

But you know, you know that you will find it first. For it is still in your mind, leading you, pulling you, drawing you...
    Here

Saga edition game set in the Old Republic. Check thread for more details.

Filled up thanks!
    Last edited by kreenlover; 2014-03-03 at 03:57 PM.
    Cool avatar by Gurgleflep

Posting Severely Limited. PM me in case of prolonged absence

my page

23. - Top - End - #233

Planetar

Recruiting players for a Legend System Game.

Details can be found here:
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...6#post17116816

24. - Top - End - #234

Any 4E games recruiting?
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

25. - Top - End - #235
    Pixie in the Playground

RangerGuy

FactionRPG game set in Innistrad is looking for more players:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=335615

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Any 4E games recruiting?
    +1

27. - Top - End - #237
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Any 4E games recruiting?
    Quote Originally Posted by zingbobco000 View Post
    +1
    Hello folks, 1st post here. I like D&D 4e also and came looking for games.

28. - Top - End - #238

Kobold

The Turn of the Wheel, dnd 3.5 edition a campaign focused on stopping the rise of the savage races against the civilized ones, as ancient evils and internal strife threaten to throw the world into a new era of darkness.

Filled, thanks for the interest ^_^
    Last edited by TheAegis; 2014-04-02 at 10:27 AM.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

Created a campaign by myself, runs on D&D 3.5
    PM me if interested. No restrictions on characters.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Sheriff in the Playground Administrator

We're looking for a replacement player for Old Ways, our long-running Rules Cyclopedia/BECMI game.

Interested individuals should PM me.
    Forum Rules

Sheriff Roland by Chris the Pontifex