1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Vanguard of the Fourth Age (IC)

Bring strength to the weak, riches to the poor, wisdom to the foolish
    Let no one bar your path, and shape this world, as is your right
    Be my vanguard, the return of the true Sun to this world

1423 Hrs, Feb 22nd,
    Washinton D.C. 17th St. NW

A bright red van speeds south-bound on 17th street, weaving through traffic. In the back are three Sidereals. One of the passengers, an Asian male in his early twenties, is trying to light a withered cigarette butt in vain, repeatedly striking his lighter. Watching him from the opposite side of the van, an older blonde woman says “Leave it alone, Mac. We should be checking our gear anyways.” She seems somewhat exasperated but at least a little sympathetic to his situation.
    Mac sighs, letting the cigarette butt fall to the floor. “Sorry, Sydney,” he says rubbing his face with his hands, “Man, we’re boned, aren’t we? We are so boned.”
    Next to Mac, an African-American man loading a pistol magazine chuckles. “First time saving a politician, Mac?”
    “First time I was told they needed saving, Pope.” Mac shot back tiredly. He said it mainly to be a smart ass, but he half meant it. Pope simply chuckles again, while Sydney rolls her eyes.
    “It surprised me too Mac, but the Weave shows a massive tangle beginning from when the Speaker of the House gets shot,” says Pope.
    “I hate to be the one to point this out, but the snag stems from when Speaker Wade is shot fatally through the heart but then lives. The political fallout is itself damaging to fate. It’s a raw deal but if we want to carry out our mission we may have to finish the job.” Says Sydney, shifting uncomfortably. In her old life she would have kept quiet, as her frankness had gotten her in trouble before. But her teammates depended on her bringing up these points.
    Pope nods, and hands Mac the fully loaded magazine. “Mac, we’ll do what we have to, okay?”
    “Yeah,” says Mac, loading the magazine into an M9 pistol. “Let’s go save the world, I guess.”

1425 Hrs, Feb 22nd

The Speaker of the House, Casey Wakeman, stood on top of a hastily constructed stage. It barely got his head above the crowd, but it was enough. It's hard to hear him over the yelling of a dissatisfied audience. A small number towards the edge of the crowd seem neutrally disposed to the speech, but the majority seem to be members of the press shouting questions or activists shouting demands or shouting their own, desperate questions about their family. The air seems charged, heavy with the emotions of the people present. It's difficult to tell why Wakeman even set this up in the first place, certainly, his security detail seems to be thinking this as they keep the people a safe distance away. Still, he continues on, unhindered

"This executive order was signed by the president for a reason! This is not like any event we've had in the past. This... affliction can affect nearly anyone, at any time, as far as we can tell. There are currently 48 cases where a person or even a group of people have been injured due to the afflicted. Yes, I will admit, this is an abnormal use of the presidency's power. But given our abnormal situation-" the rest of the words are cut off by another surge of yelling from the crowd.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Vanguard of the Fourth Age (IC)

Another day in the life of Serena Smith, UN diplomat, would-be peacemaker...and chosen of the Sun, apparently.
    "Yeah, dad, I'm at the speech right now," she spoke into her cell phone. "No, I'm not with the VIPs, my position isn't that important." Only convinced China not to invade Taiwan, after all. "Still, you know my position. Imprisoning these guys is unamerican, not to mention stupid. Frankly, I think it's downright comic-book stupidity and...OK, look, the speech is about to start, gotta go. Love you, love mom, love you all."
    Saga of Soul: Not your Typical Magical Girl Story.
    Where I Watch: My Little Pony

Avatar by Lord Iames Osari, Grand Admiral Thrawn by Timothy Zahn. Thanks to both!

3. - Top - End - #3

"Yes, yelling over the man is exactly how you get a politician to answer your questions." Justyn said under his breath as he fiddled with his tie. The knot was making his neck itch. "...'affliction'? Wow, you're really out of the loop, aren't you buddy? Get your facts wrong, all in a day's work."
    Last edited by Justyn; 2012-10-10 at 04:24 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

In a corner of the room, unseen by auditory, sat a guy with white overcoat, striking keyboard of his netbook fastly, but in perfectly controled manners. Solon was writing a statement, which would be read by IVONA software. In the mess only speakers of computer would have a chance to be listened.

"Excuse me, sir, but I do not understand. Maybe for you and the Bible belt's electorat the decision is logical and necessary, but I really don't understand. In XIX century there was a conception of female hysteria, treated by forced orgasm. If a woman will be next President, should we bed her by force, because she don't know her place? And what about black population in USA? If Michael was white, why don't make all African-American white? In your logic, sir, it's appropriate solution of a racism issue?" - asked calmly the computer voice of Eric.

"Perhaps we should interpret the thing in true concept and look at Guantanamo, not at "pure" equality problems? How would you like, sir?"- he countinued, as Solon looked straight into eyes of Casey.

"But, if human right are too boring for you and you cannot (or don't want) do something to protect the rights, tell me only one more thing. If some people wants a medical assurance, it is the return of communism and punch in the heart of American Dream. If some other people are arrested without commiting crimes, "healed" with no permission, is it okay? In America, there is a freedom from paying surgery bills of poor ones, but we all must pay for "therapy" that humiliate our own brothers?"
    LGBTinP 🏳️*🌈, Furry 🐾, European 🇪🇺 & Schizophreniac ♿, possibly a Weirdo 😜
    Fursona by Sirodbcollie from Twitter

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Ideal Sword was trying to hide among the crowd. He had taken some Hell Angels biker clothes to conceal his chainmail, even though it still clinked a bit. He continuously looks around, after the man from whatever organization had took him.

At the same time, he starts looking for clues on where he was. How long had he been kept in cryostasis? No one in this place seemed to carry any jade whatsoever, so he guessed neither of them were Dragon-Blooded. He hadn't seen any Soulsteel, Moonsilver, Starmetal or Adamant either. It was, compared to the First Age less developed. He could understand that the lack of Solar imagery meant the Dragon-Blooded's "Usurpation" had success. But if not even they were in control...

And the alien language. It was nothing similar to (Old) Realm. He couldn't understand waht the man was saying, but once everyone started to yell, he also yelled. Better not to draw too much attention

6. - Top - End - #6
    Firbolg in the Playground

Henry Jones stood, perfectly still, at the back of the stage and considered shooting the Speaker in the back. It would be so incredibly easy. He'd always been good at going unnoticed when the job required it, and after the mysterious incidents... Calibration, he corrected himself... He'd only grown better at that.

If he wanted to, people just seemed to overlook him now. He blended in here, and despite the alert nature of the guards, no of them had been able to see him as he'd calmly walked past the work crews setting up the stage earlier and taken position at the rear corner of the stage. Far away from the steps and the access points, so that no one could accidentally bump into him and realize he was there, he'd become little more than a statue as he waited patiently for the speech to begin.

No one here could see him. The lack of gunshots was proof of that. So, he just concentrated on staying entirely motionless, and waited to see what was going to happen. Because one way or another, he was quite sure this was not going to end peacefully.

Spoiler
    Show
    Respectively, Easily Overlooked Presence method and Invisible Statue Spirit. I'm working on the assumption it's been long enough since the stage was set up for my motes to regenerate, save the five committed to Statue Spirit.

So yeah. He's standing at the back of the stage, completely undetectable unless someone should bump into him. I love stealth charms...
    "Not trusting me might be the smartest decision you made since getting off of your horse."

Avatar by Ifni, who is rightly awesome.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

Solon's unusual method of address seems to get through to Wakeman. For a moment he looks about ready to respond, but the crowd cuts him off.

Over towards 17th street, a plain looking red van pulls up on the curb across from the Vietnam Veteran's Memorial. Two men in gray jumpsuits exit, chatting casually. Despite their odd arrival, no one seems to be paying them much attention. The only other notable thing about them at this point, is that, despite looking somewhat dirty and wearing old clothing, both have rather nice bluetooth headsets. They walk purposefully towards the crowd, managing to slip past the people packed shoulder to shoulder.

Link to OOC post
    Last edited by Rarkasha; 2012-10-15 at 03:27 AM.

8. - Top - End - #8

Serena Smith was somewhat surprised by Solon's approach. Huh. Is he mute? Well, that's one way to make an impression. Would have been more effective if he hadn't thrown together a bunch of unrelated material, though.
    She then noticed the jumpsuited men. Huh. What's with the headsets? Are they security, or...?
    Last edited by sun_tzu; 2012-10-15 at 03:14 AM.

Avatar by Lord Iames Osari, Grand Admiral Thrawn by Timothy Zahn. Thanks to both!

9. - Top - End - #9

((Following some PMed explanations from Rarkasha))

Serena eventually reaches the two men in gray.
    Well...If they're security, maybe there's a way I can help. If there's trouble...then they might be less inclined to cause trouble if they know someone's got their eyes on them.
    "Excuse me, gentlemen, is there a problem?"

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Solon did not pay too much attention to the crowd – there was always yelling, emotionful masses. He stayed relaxed on his chair, waiting for Wakeman's asnwers... though he believed he won't like them.

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

11. - Top - End - #11

Henry, for his part, didn't move at all. His eyes shifted as they followed the new arrivals momentarilly, but then discarded them as they moved into the crowd. He'd find out if they were trying anything soon enough, but until then, he couldn't so much as move his head around. The technique was a little annoying in its limitations, but he was perfectly willing to put up with it for now.
    "Not trusting me might be the smartest decision you made since getting off of your horse."

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Ideal Sword sees the new arrivals. Were they with that organization? Could they take him? He doubted it, he still wasn't really sure as to how they first managed to take him down. He remembered feeling drowsy...like the sedative? But how did they got it into him? No time to think about this

He approaches the two and sees a woman talking to them. What to do? Bringing his weapons should be unnecessary, they were distracted after all

He waits until the conversation is over and doens't act yet, but stays close to them

13. - Top - End - #13

Justyn's eyes had long ago been torn away from the overwhelmed Speaker, there were only so many muttered jokes one can make at a man's expence before they lose their appeal. Now this was more interesting: two people trying to remain inconspicuous was something conspicuous all by itself; these guys were a lot more interesting than that blathering imbicile. He studied them as they walked towards the crowd, and then into and through the crowd like they were walking into a wheat field. They were trying to vanish... But it was for naught; the commanding presence of these men left trails in their wake like a ship cutting through ice, how could anyone fail to notice them?

Did they hope to escape his sagacious eyes before he noticed them? How did they expect to hide from his gaze, when he had already seen them?

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

Awareness results:

Justyn, Duke God, Kaworu, Sun Tzu
    Spoiler
    Show
    You able to track the two men, one african american and one asian male adult, as they weave through the crowd. The black male seems to be listening in on his headset, while the asian male in the lead is searching through the crowd. From Serena's angle, it's not possible to really make out their faces, but they seem pretty stressed or agitated based on how quickly they're trying to move through the crowd.

Maugan Ra
    Spoiler
    Show
    Henry Jones is only able to determine that the two men have entered the crowd and seem to be combing the area for something, but loses track of them after a little while.

As Serena begins to speak, the younger one of the pair, "Mac" simply pushes past the crowd. It's difficult to tell if he is ignoring her or is unable to hear. "Pope" however, turns around to face her. His expression is slightly tense, as if ready for something, but he smiles warmly. Upon closer inspection, you can tell this man is much older than his partner. He looks approximately to be in 50's, with worn facial features and graying hair. Compared to the sharp, focused look of Mac, who has now gotten much further into the crowd, Pope seems much more calm.

"Hello there! And erm, yes, you could say we have a bit of an issue. Nothing to worry about though, this will just take a mo-" Pope pauses a moment, then taps at his earpiece. Serena is just close enough to make out the conversation.

"Pope! I got something!" It's difficult to make out the speaker but presumably it's Mac, who slipped into the crowd. Pope starts to look a little worried as he turns a bit to talk into his headset.

"Mac, I'm a little behind you, continue observing, okay?"

"Your traffic is breaking up! I've spotted a probable. WMA, five six, blue hooded jacket, blue track pants, white sneakers. I'm making contact."

"Mac! Dammit. Maya, get eyes on this, " says Pope, turning back to Serena, smile now wiped from his face," Miss, we may have a possible security issue here. I haven't been told to clear the area, but I'd suggest you leave anyways."

15. - Top - End - #15

Quote Originally Posted by Rarkasha View Post
    As Serena begins to speak, the younger one of the pair, "Mac" simply pushes past the crowd. It's difficult to tell if he is ignoring her or is unable to hear. "Pope" however, turns around to face her. His expression is slightly tense, as if ready for something, but he smiles warmly. Upon closer inspection, you can tell this man is much older than his partner. He looks approximately to be in 50's, with worn facial features and graying hair. Compared to the sharp, focused look of Mac, who has now gotten much further into the crowd, Pope seems much more calm.

"Hello there! And erm, yes, you could say we have a bit of an issue. Nothing to worry about though, this will just take a mo-" Pope pauses a moment, then taps at his earpiece. Serena is just close enough to make out the conversation.

"Pope! I got something!" It's difficult to make out the speaker but presumably it's Mac, who slipped into the crowd. Pope starts to look a little worried as he turns a bit to talk into his headset.

"Mac, I'm a little behind you, continue observing, okay?"

"Your traffic is breaking up! I've spotted a probable. WMA, five six, blue hooded jacket, blue track pants, white sneakers. I'm making contact."

"Mac! Dammit. Maya, get eyes on this, " says Pope, turning back to Serena, smile now wiped from his face," Miss, we may have a possible security issue here. I haven't been told to clear the area, but I'd suggest you leave anyways."
    Serena maintained her smile while he spoke, but did her best to read his tone and body language. Blinking rate? Increasing nervousness? Any telling glances? What's his angle? As she did, she could feel some of her essence coming to life...

Spoiler
    Show
    Using personal essence to activate Sagacious Reading of Intent on Pope's statements.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Ideal Sword was trying to think. Sadly, hiding and escaping weren't the kinds of things he ever did while hunting, and becoming a Solar didn't change that.

As he sees the pair of man get separated, he considers which one to follow. Choosing the most active one "Mac" who was pushing his way through the crowd, he goes after him, also pushing his way

If there weren't some many people around he'd have just attacked. But since he didn't know who was with the enemy, and apparently they could sedate him somehow, it was best to take them out silently. Guerilla was his specialty after all

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sun-Tzu
    Spoiler
    Show
    Serena's enhanced sense's can read an overall air of urgency from Pope. As he speaks into his headset, Serena can tell his intention is to quickly assess the situation and take action from there, in other words he's playing it conservatively. From his words to Serena herself she can tell he's trying to get her out of the area for two reasons: if possible he wants civilians to clear the area, and also he doesn't want people around who are smart or perceptive enough to ask questions why he's here.

Despite the strange clothing and mannerisms of these people, Ideal Sword manages to slip through the crowd without too much trouble. Just as he thinks he's getting close, several things happening at once catch everyone's attention. The sound of a gunshot goes off in the middle of the crowd, and several security guards swarm the Speaker. Someone falls off the stage, disappearing into the now trampling crowd. The party can see Mac grappling with an armed man, pistol still smoking. The unknown man's features are obscured by a heavy parka. Mac is struggling with the assailant's gun, trying to throw the man to the ground. The man then seems to decide to make his escape, letting go of his gun and making a break for the crowd. Mac stares dumbfounded at the gun before dropping it in alarm, realizing he might be holding a murder weapon.

Pope whirls around and reacts immediately. "Mac, get to the van, now!" he yells, pushing past Serena before breaking into a jog heading for the van he arrived in. No one seems to be paying the stage much attention, other than the Speaker's security detail.

18. - Top - End - #18

Oh no.
    Serena rushed toward the stage. This was not the result of much rational thought - she was no medical expert, after all - but someone was hurt, and might need help. That was the core thought running through her head at the moment.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Solon acted immediatelly, but with no unecessary rush. Within him was the glorious wisdom of Athene, her compassionate longing to bringing peace, her frightful stance against detrimenting ones.

He did not stand up, he jump high, simultaneously closing his notebook and putting the device under his arm, reaching by second hand to his golden revolver, whirling as petals of cherry blossom, touched by eastern, gentle winds. He did not forced his way through the crowd, he swam in it as delphin, perfectly aware of surrounding people. He moved gracefully, fastly and determinated, seeking in the cloud of fish the only one, with poisonous spices.

Spoiler
    Show

4 motes of peripheral essence = 2 automative success for Awareness roll.
    Stunt?
    Last edited by Kaworu; 2012-10-23 at 07:55 AM.

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

20. - Top - End - #20

Oh, ****. Justyn's eyes were bugging out of his head, he just witnessed a damned political assassination!

He had always thought that in this situation he could really prove his mettle, to show the world he was a man... no, he was nothing more than a scared little boy frozen in his spot, not even breathing.

He turned to run, when a glint of sunlight caught his eye. Was this what the Sun chosen him for? To run from adversity the first time he was truly tested? Even the madman who's memories occasionally intruded into Justyn's mind would have done something besides run like a coward.

No, he wouldn't be the shining bastion the situation needed, not yet at least, but he could do something, he could help. The Arrow of Heaven marched forward.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rolling Perception + Awareness to see who was shot: (4d10)[5][2][4][8](19)
    Stunt dice, if applicable: (3d10)[9][3][4](16)

What could he do? He continued watching as the critical moment unfirled around him, the younger of those men in black was wrestling with what looked to be the shooter... and then watched at the man in the parka started getting away... He had an idea and made a cone around his mouth with one hand and pointed at the assailant as he turned to the older of the two:

"HEY! AGENT K!" He yelled. "THE SHOOTER'S GETTING AWAY, FOLLOW HIM OR SOMETHING!"

No magic backed his words, but hopefully the message would be enough...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Going to roll Charisma + Presence for this, unless you object:(4d10)[1][2][6][7](16) And stunt dice if applicable (3d10)[6][6][8](20)

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

As everything happens, Ideal Sword, unsure of what to do, looks at the person he was following chasing after someone

Without hesitation, he dives for the gun that was just dropped and points it in their direction

"DIINK"(Stop)

22. - Top - End - #22

When you kill people for money, one of the very first skills you develop is the ability to improvise rapidly. No matter how carefully you plan the job, how cautious you are in it's execution, or how paranoid your defenses... sometimes, the unexpected happens, and you have to adapt quickly.

In this case, Henry had never really considered the possibility of someone just pulling a gun in the middle of the speech and firing wildly. Even so, it didn't take him more than a heart beat to realize what had happened... and a heartbeat more to decide what to do about it. If you wanted to make a statement, well, the best way to do that would be to do it publically.

From the perspective of the dozens of startled onlookers, it must have seemed that the well dressed man who suddenly appeared on the stage had materialized from out of nowhere. One moment he was not there, and the next he was. Jones took three steps forwards, one hand already reaching inside his jacket, and leapt into the air. A secondary kick off of one of the microphone stands propelled him into the air, sailing gracefully over the crowd and directly towards the fleeing gunman.

He landed gracefully, as light as a shadow, spinning on the spot to confront the man in the parka. One hand rose up to aim a weapon at the surprised gunman, a ornate pistol of forged gold that almost seemed to gleam like the sun overhead. And on Jones' brow, the hollow ring of the Night Caste burned a furious gold, announcing his affiliation to the world.

"Stop right there, or I will kill you." he said in a level voice, somehow still easily audible over the tumult.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

The figure in the parka stops, holding up his hands. He raises his face slowly, and you can see him swallow nervously. He looks somewhat ill, with sweating, pale skin, and glassy eyes. He keeps looking at Henry's caste mark, then away again, giggling.

Meanwhile, Pope has caught up to the assailant. Spotting Henry, he says "Whoa whoa whoa... a Solar... let's stay calm now... I am going to explain what is going on here, but I need you to put down the gun, okay sir? We need him alive, alright?"

At this point Solon also arrives on the scene, seeing the three way confrontation between Pope, the would-be assassin, and Henry.

Over at the stage with Justyn and Serena, they find a wounded security guard lying on the ground. At first glance, it doesn't seem too bad, there's only a small exit wound, but the rapidly pooling blood suggests that an artery may have been hit. A security guard runs up to them, looking to Serena. "Ma'am, I hope you're a doctor, cause otherwise I need to get this guy to the hospital, fast."

Ideal Sword, holding the strange firepiece in his hand, begins to think maybe the two men who ran away aren't even aware of his presence. The few people who are left definitely do though. A few civilians, unarmed and unarmored, back up slowly, fear in their eyes. A handful of security guards not escorting the Speaker have their weapons drawn but are strangely not firing. They were trained for nearly anything. Anything except an assassin discharging a weapon and having the weapon change hands to a completely unknown stranger who points it at the first assassin. They shout in their alien language, incomprehensible to Ideal Sword, although they sound rather distressed.
    Last edited by Rarkasha; 2012-10-25 at 01:58 AM.

24. - Top - End - #24

Quote Originally Posted by Rarkasha View Post
    Over at the stage with Justyn and Serena, they find a wounded security guard lying on the ground. At first glance, it doesn't seem too bad, there's only a small exit wound, but the rapidly pooling blood suggests that an artery may have been hit. A security guard runs up to them, looking to Serena. "Ma'am, I hope you're a doctor, cause otherwise I need to get this guy to the hospital, fast."
    "You need to get him to a hospital anyway!" said Serena. "All I can do is administer first aid for now."
    Acting quickly, she set out to bandage the wound as well as she could. She ripped a piece of the guard's clothing, then duct-taped it to the injury. Dad said to always keep duct tape around, but I don't think this is what he meant. Still, any temporary measure to keep lethal amounts of blood from leaking out.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm guessing, Intelligence+Medicine? Regardless, Serena's channeling Compassion on this roll.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

- Ok, in case you want to do something stupid, you are not the only one with a gun – said Solon to man in a parka, pulling his revolver and aiming at terrorist. When he looked at Henry, he opened his mouth wide in a expression of astonishment – Oh, you too! – whispered. Due to his actions, his own caste mark also shined slightly.

- And who you are?- asked, looking at Pope – We are around as long as Dragon-blooded and we should be surprise for anybody. I remember from past incarnations animalistic heroes of the Moon, but you don't seem to be one of them.
    Last edited by Kaworu; 2012-10-25 at 02:53 AM.

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

26. - Top - End - #26

Henry considers this, then nods sharply. The gun in his hand almost seems to vanish into the air, like a card trick.

"We should probably get going, then. I don't think we want to be around here for too much longer." he says levelly, before nodding to Solon.

"If I had to guess, I'd say... Sidereals. Five Days Darkness mentioned them, but was a little sketchy on the details."

He looks around once more, always scanning the environment, and spots the strange man in the biker jacket. His eyes narrow at the leveled gun.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Ideal Sword pays no mind to the guards shouting at him. Just like in the First Age he disregarded the mortals. Most important of all, not one but two of his brothers from the Solar Host had shown themselves

So, without doing so much as to look at any of the guards or showing any sign that he did so much as consider they existed, he throws the firepiece away at some random mortal and runs towards the group. He talks to the one looking at him. He was of the Night caste.

"Mitta sattuu taala, yo veli? Onko, tamaa neuvotelevaa alue? (What happens here Night brother? Are we in the Deliberative's territory?)"

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

Stress visibly drains from Pope's wrinkled face. He looks at Solon and Ideal Sword and raises his eyebrows. Perhaps he wasn't expecting this many Solars present, or at least not as many with guns.

"Right. I'm part of a Sidereal team. I can explain more but we need to get moving. Maya, can you prep our guest? Let me know if he can pull out any surprises," says Pope.

A moment later a woman seemingly materializes out of thin air and grabs one of the assassins arms, putting it behind his back into a hammerlock. She then brings him down to the ground and handcuffs him. Brushing back her auburn hair, you can see a headset on her, same as the others. Her clothing, however, is more civilian, wearing a black jacket and slacks.

"I have him, Pope. Ninety percent chance he's the 'Puppeteer' type I mentioned from my research. Intel from Nara-O was good," says Maya.

Pope assists her in lifting the man up and carrying him. The crowd seems too panicked to notice what is going on, and most people have fled the area. In the background you can hear Senator Wakeman arguing with his security detail as they stuff him into a car. A few remain behind but seem to be waiting on local law enforcement to sort out detaining anyone, since there are no active shooters.

"That confirms it then. We have a single individual, probably inexperienced, attempting an assassination. He's most likely still in the area, waiting on a report from his... minion. Let's make that meeting happen," says Pope, dragging the assassin to the van, now backed up a bit on the lawn.

Pope looks back at the three Solars who approached him. "My Sifu told me, 'Where there's one meddling Solar, there's probably at least 4 more in the rafters.' The police are on their way, and this van here is specially camouflaged to normal eyes. If you got anyone else out there, can you call them back in with your caste mark?"

29. - Top - End - #29

Henry raises his eyebrows in surprise at the strange language coming from the newcomer's mouth. He'd heard a lot of different tongues before, but this one was entirely new.

"Sorry, I don't speak that language." he said calmly, though the look of visible frustration on his face and the strange language alone should hopefully get the intended message across. He tapped his own caste mark, indicated Pope and then sketched out a quick symbol or two in the air - what he could remember seeing of the Sidereal caste symbols - before nodding in the direction of the van. The Sidereal will explain.

He looks back at Pope for a moment. "I don't have any other Solars around. Hell, I didn't realise I wasn't the only one here until about ten seconds ago. Still, there might be more around."

For the briefest of moments, the Night caste is surrounded by a pillar of brilliant golden energy, the faintest impression of a rearing golden snake just about visible in it's depths. Haloed by the anima banner, and quite visible to just about everyone nearby, Jones makes an exaggerated beckoning gesture, grateful that his own features were somewhat obscured by the blaze. The light shuts off again a moment later.

"If they have any curiosity or sense, that'll draw them in. Let's get going."

30. - Top - End - #30

The ammonia-and-eucalyptus scented concoction worked just like the book said it would; the antihemorrhagic-soaked cloth he had given to Serena when he saw her starting to tear apart the guard's uniform had stopped the bleeding wound faster than even cauterizing it would.

"Bleeding's stopped, but he still needs to get to the hospital, but this will make sure he actually gets there at..."

The brilliant light that came from that group of people had stopped him from speaking. It was unquestionably the anima of another Solar, and it would be well worth revealing himself to meet another.

He went towards it, after finishing with the wounded man.
    Last edited by Justyn; 2012-11-21 at 05:28 PM.