New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1478
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: WATCHTOWER 16: Quick and Dirty

Training Grounds 2

Krystal nods a little. Yeah. At least, I'm pretty sure I got the basics of it. They're more passive, you're more active. They're Xavier's School, you're the Avengers.

I work in the infirmary there. Office work. But...in all honesty, almost everyday, I go out and sort...patrol the streets, I guess. They do good work, and I enjoy being there, but...
    She shrugs a little. I kinda wanna be more active in helping people, ya know? Actually finding and beating the bad guys, not just sheltering the victims.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Ogre in the Playground

[DC's Lab]

DC has an attack drone about the size of a Volkswagen in his lab. How does he proceed with the dissection? The light behind the front panel flickers. Flicker flicker.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2013-07-08 at 12:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

3. - Top - End - #1203

[Kitchen -> Somewhere]

DC might want to ask the machine priest for help. She can talk to machines on a way most people can't.

Either way assuming Shawna split to merge with the other time line, Mia is on her way searching for the high ranked Watchmember. Maybe she just runs close to DC's Lab?
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Titan in the Playground

[DC's Lab]

Wenomir follows DC there, unless stopped. He does want to know just who decided to wreck their library and why.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Orc in the Playground

[DC's Lab]

DC does not stop to ask anyone for help. DC does not believe he needs any help with technology, as he IS an expert, here.

Wenomir will be allowed in, but afterwards the door into the lab is locked.

DC will start with the drone analysis by retrieving some scanning equipment to try to get a sense of how the thing is put together on the inside, and perhaps identify what he needs to get at.

[Training Grounds 2]

DC nods. "Understandable. But...our mentalities regarding GLoG's mission differ wildly. Did you know that Quinn essentially forced another member out to allow Reinholdt to be there? One of his victims, no less, and after he'd already betrayed the organization before. I find it disgusting and short-sighted at best, and suicidal at worst. One chance was understandable under the organization's mission, giving him more and forcing another out to do it was undoubtedly a mistake. I want to know how you feel about this, because we won't tolerate those mistakes here."
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

6. - Top - End - #1206

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Training Grounds

Things grind to a halt for the moment until Mahonri Violist gets back as they've done all they can do for the moment.

Front Gate => Training Room

The wolf-headed man also begins filling out the form. He doesn't mind too much the painless tug, but he glances at the Psychic Bug-Warrior Klitcht during its happening. If it was painful, he would have blocked out the psychic intrusion, but...since the situation was harmless, nothing happened.

So, here's the form:
    Spoiler
    Show

Name: Conrack Brennan
    Sex: Male
    Species: Human (Homo Sapien)
    Profession: Retired Mercenary
    Reason for joining WATCHTOWER: => ((the arrow points towards Klitcht)) He convinced me. It sounds useful.
    Special skills/items you believe will aid/have decided to contribute to WATCHTOWER: Wolf transformation, healing skills, swordplay and archery.
    Other Information: I can play the harmonica and cook.

Cooking's always a useful skill.

I just decided that it would be logical if there's a couple scars on his wolf-face, and on your arm. After all, you don't become a mercenary without a few scars. So he sports a few scars, and a harmonica.

In the training room, he watches Klitcht perform admirably, and he applauds.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Ogre in the Playground

Training Room

Ilphy takes Conrack's form and looks it over.
    "You ready for your turn?" She asks him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

8. - Top - End - #1208
    Ogre in the Playground

Training Grounds

Klitcht gets up and moves over to plop himself on the sidelines.
    "Good luck."
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

9. - Top - End - #1209

Training Grounds 2

Krystal's expression changes to one of shock and surprise. What!? She shakes her head, causing her hair to send all sorts of reflections. No, I've never heard that before. I'm gonna have to talk to her about it now.

Based off what you're saying, I agree that it was terrible and wrong. But...I don't have the full story, so I can't really make a good judgement call on it. I'd have to talk to Quinn, Reinholdt, and whoever was thrown out to make a good call on it.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

10. - Top - End - #1210

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Training Room

Ilphy takes Conrack's form and looks it over.
    "You ready for your turn?" She asks him.
    Training Room

Conrack nods, and says, "Yes, I am." He looks ready. He's not sure if he could do as many fancy tricks as Klitcht, but that doesn't make him less ready.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Ogre in the Playground

Training Room

Since I'm not really thinking of anything new right now, I suppose they go with the same whack a mole as last time. The positions will be different, but the patterns the same. Pop up at increasing speed and pew-pew at Conrack.

1 red
    2 red, flanking maneuver
    1 red, 1 blue, red shoots at blue
    4 red
    4 red, 2 blues
    8 red, 1 blue
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

12. - Top - End - #1212
    Ogre in the Playground

Training Grounds

Klitcht simply watches intently.

13. - Top - End - #1213
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Training Grounds 2

Krystal's expression changes to one of shock and surprise. What!? She shakes her head, causing her hair to send all sorts of reflections. No, I've never heard that before. I'm gonna have to talk to her about it now.

Based off what you're saying, I agree that it was terrible and wrong. But...I don't have the full story, so I can't really make a good judgement call on it. I'd have to talk to Quinn, Reinholdt, and whoever was thrown out to make a good call on it.
    Holo-DC shakes his head. "I can't say I recommend it. If the word of GLoG's former vice president failed to sway her at all, then I doubt much will. You may if you wish. I simply wanted to know what you thought of it, considering the differences in how our organizations operate. For now, it appears that it will not be a problem. Unless you have any further questions, we can move on to combat evaluations."
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

14. - Top - End - #1214

Training Grounds 2

Krystal didn't mean that she was gonna try to change Quinn's mind. She just wanted to hear her side of the story.

But still, that would be later.

Krystal nods a little. Yeah, I'm ready.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

15. - Top - End - #1215

Training Room

Does he still have to use the hammer? He does anyway. He picks it up, and holds it, ready.

Good thing the colors are red and blue, though, 'cause wolves are colorblind to the color green. Red and blue they can tell apart, though. (That explains why he chose a dark green cape. )

1 red
    The first one is simply taken care of through the use of running, shouting a battle cry, dodging, and hitting with the hammer.

2 red, flanking maneuver
    When the two flanking ones appear, Conrack yips at them to challenge them. He figures the best way to take care of two assailants is to do it at the same time. So, he swings the hammer and sticks out one of his feet behind him as a counterweight. The momentum of the hammer swings him around, so the hammer hits one and the boot hits the other.

1 red, 1 blue, red shoots at blue
    Conrack's first move is to look which way the red one's aiming. Then, he places himself between the two. Charging towards the vile red one, the wolf-man takes the shot(s) before he smacks that mole-man silly.

4 red
    He growls, threatening the four as they appear. He pounces at one. Using his (fireproof) cape to minimize the number of shots that hit him as he goes onto the next target. Then the next, then the last.

4 red, 2 blues
    For this, he first checks where they're aiming (sorry, Klitcht was too quick for him to notice last time!). Conrack then switches the hammer to only one hand. In addition to using the cape (by his elbow) to block shots, he also has a glowing white healing barrier-thing which absorbs much of the other shots.

So, Conrack gets hit considerably less this time than the time before, as he goes through the same motions.

8 red, 1 blue
    Everyone knows that you have to save the coolest trick for last. That's because power has to scale along with the challenge. Otherwise, battles get boring.

Standing in the middle of so many of them and getting shot at, Conrack howls before transforming into a werewolf. He gets shot at several times before the transformation completes. Interestingly enough, his head actually looks less like a wolf's, now. His whole body is more monstrous than lupine. He runs (on two legs) over to the first one, but, after that, he gets on all fours as he accelerates between each next one.

He gets shot, but that doesn't seem to stop him, apparently. As soon as the last red one is taken care of, he changes back to normal. Surprisingly, his clothes are still nearly in the same worn-and-torn condition they were in before (except the cape, which is still good as new, and the boots, which are worse for the wear). And, even more surprisingly, the blue one wasn't hit. He was really close, but missed it by a couple of inches.

It was all extremely rough and definitely the motions were definitely not fluid, but it worked, right? Not as cool as what Klitcht did, though. Except maybe that werewolf part. Werewolves are always cool. The sad part is that the duration of transformation and the difficulty of keeping control are directly proportional to their hunger.

So, he's done?
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

16. - Top - End - #1216
    Ogre in the Playground

[DC's Lab]

DC's scan will find the internal layout of the drone to be prettymuch what he would expect, given the demonstrated capabilities of the drone. Of particular note are the main processor and omni sensor, located where the flickering light is; a large gyroscope, likely to be responsible for the drone's immunity to DC's psychic powers while active; and a small antenna shaped sensor of some sort, connected by a few slim errors to the drone's casing, and also big, oblong shaped void, sitting in the middle of the drone, roughly the size of a car engine. But what possible drone function could be served by having a big old device in an anti-sensor shell, connected to an antenna designed to detect penetrating sensor scans?

click

BOOM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

17. - Top - End - #1217
    Orc in the Playground

[DC's Lab]

Thankfully for those present, DC thinks fast, and can guess what's about to happen pretty easily.

His response involves throwing up psychokinetic forcefields to contain the explosion. It might wreck some of the place, but he focuses on shielding himself and Wenomir.

"Fire suppression and smoke dispersal!"

Cue the sprinklers and vents immediately activating to deal with any fire and smoke from the explosion. DC is still sitting precisely where he was, too, his face expressionless.

"...Leave. I know what this is, and it is my problem to deal with, considering the drone was clearly designed to target me."

[Training Grounds 2]

"Standard training drones or experimental guard drones? I do need to test the latter, if you are willing to assist." DC apparently has toys he needs to test out! Figures, it's been a while.
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

18. - Top - End - #1218

Training Grounds 2

Krystal shrugs. If ya gotta test them, might as well be on somebody with a healing factor. He can take that as a yes for the experimental ones.

Krystal will start stretching out as she waits.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

19. - Top - End - #1219
    Troll in the Playground

[Kitchen -> Somewhere]

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    DC might want to ask the machine priest for help. She can talk to machines on a way most people can't.

Either way assuming Shawna split to merge with the other time line, Mia is on her way searching for the high ranked Watchmember. Maybe she just runs close to DC's Lab?
    Shawna can indeed be tracked down by Mia!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

20. - Top - End - #1220
    Titan in the Playground

[DC's Lab]

"...alright," Wenomir says, after the explosion is contained. "That it was custom-built to deal with you is obvious. I'll wait outside."

With that, he'll leave the lab and wait outside the door.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Ogre in the Playground

Training Room

Ilphy nibbles her lip and looks Conrack over very thoroughly when he turns into his werewolf form.

But afterwards, they are indeed done.
    "You... sure got hit a lot. If they were using something stronger it could have seriously damaged you. We need to look into either getting you training on getting out of the way or some more armour. Harnel could probably build you something great and Cessie could enchant it for you specifically." Ilphy suggests.

"Beyond that, you guys are initiates now. You need to go on a Watch mission to become full-fledged members. But otherwise, we can get you rooms and such."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

22. - Top - End - #1222
    Ogre in the Playground

Training Grounds

Klitcht stands up.
    "Thanks. A room sounds nice. Haven't had one of those in ages."

23. - Top - End - #1223

Training Room

Conrack actually dislikes enchanted armor. Armor's fine, though; It's uncomfortable, but he doesn't mind it much. Besides, getting hit isn't all that bad, Conrack figures.

"I'd actually prefer just the training, if it's all the same to you," he says. If the armor can manage to be both comfortable and fit with the wolf transformations, then it wouldn't be that bad.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

24. - Top - End - #1224
    Ogre in the Playground

Training Room -> Barracks

"Well... so long as something's done to improve." Ilpholin says. Whatever works for Conrack.

She'll lead them to the Barracks and shows them the rooms they'll be staying in.
    "The rooms are pretty sparse, but they're better than nothing. If you need help decorating them, I'll be happy to lend a hand."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

25. - Top - End - #1225
    Ogre in the Playground

Barracks

"It's fine. I probably won't be using it much. Oh, I forgot to mention it on the form but I need very little sleep. I basically don't at all except meditation to renew my powers. So the basic amenities will do fine. Maybe just a few things on the wall."
    He stares at said wall, imagining.

26. - Top - End - #1226

Barracks

Conrack plans on improving. After all, how can a retired mercenary get do anything if he doesn't get better? All that young blood will take all the jobs and increase unemployment.

He looks at the room that is pointed out, and he decides it looks good enough. Better than a hammock by a pond. On the other hand, hammocks are pretty good. He might make a hammock so he could put it in. He'll just need to know where the structural beams on the wall are at, so he doesn't accidentally take down the wall.

He nods to what Ilpholin says.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

27. - Top - End - #1227

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcomet View Post
    [DC's Lab]

DC does not stop to ask anyone for help. DC does not believe he needs any help with technology, as he IS an expert, here.

Wenomir will be allowed in, but afterwards the door into the lab is locked.

DC will start with the drone analysis by retrieving some scanning equipment to try to get a sense of how the thing is put together on the inside, and perhaps identify what he needs to get at.

[Training Grounds 2]

DC nods. "Understandable. But...our mentalities regarding GLoG's mission differ wildly. Did you know that Quinn essentially forced another member out to allow Reinholdt to be there? One of his victims, no less, and after he'd already betrayed the organization before. I find it disgusting and short-sighted at best, and suicidal at worst. One chance was understandable under the organization's mission, giving him more and forcing another out to do it was undoubtedly a mistake. I want to know how you feel about this, because we won't tolerate those mistakes here."
    After all Mia can do things DC can's so it's still a reliable action to ask.

[Kitchen -> Somewhere]

Actually she searched for the big guys of WATCH, but with an explosion happening at DC's lab she comes back where Shawna is.

"I think they are distracted by something right now."
    Last edited by Zefir; 2013-07-10 at 01:32 AM.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

28. - Top - End - #1228
    Ogre in the Playground

Barracks

A hammock by the pond sounds incredible actually. =x

"Anyways, let me give you a quick tour of the building so you don't get too lost." Ilphy turns to do that, pointing out the places they're not allowed to go as initiates. Though those are all locked anyways, being just the vault and the security room and such.

"Any questions?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

29. - Top - End - #1229
    Ogre in the Playground

Barracks/General

Klitcht shakes his head.
    "None. Thank you, Miss. If you get an assignment, feel free to ask me as soon as convenient, since I'll probably be around."

30. - Top - End - #1230
    Orc in the Playground

[DC's Lab]

DC does not seem interested in coming out for a while.

He's probably fixing up what he can in there.

[Training Grounds 2]

"Head to one of the sparring rings, then. This drone will follow to observe, and the experimentals will be present shortly."
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links: