New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1478
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: WATCHTOWER 16: Quick and Dirty

[Wenomir & KR's Room]

"Hi, dear," Wenomir says as he sits down on the bed. "Nothing's wrong, really. I just found out something about my brother's family that really surprised me. See, it turns out his daughter is a huge fan... of yours."
    Last edited by Morty; 2013-06-17 at 03:20 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Ogre in the Playground

[Wenomir & KR's Room]

KR sloooooowly puts the tablet down on the bedside table, and then slooooooowly lowers her feet to the floor.
    "Well if there's anything I wasn't expecting to get out of this job, it's fans."

"I... I have no idea what to think about this."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Titan in the Playground

[Wenomir & KR's Room]

Wenomir lies down on the bed, then props himself up on his elbows.

"Trust me, I was as surprised as you are. But then, I guess... if you're a meek young girl growing up on a farm, and then your uncle everyone thought was dead shows up, and tells you about his girlfriend and fellow Watchtower leader who's strong, smart and punches gods until they cry uncle... it stirs the imagination, you know?"
    Last edited by Morty; 2013-06-17 at 03:48 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Ogre in the Playground

[Wenomir & KR's Room]

"That's not-" KR stops and frowns at Wenomir. "I have never punched a god." She says peevishly. You're telling falsehoods Wenomir! Lies! Lies, all of it!

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Titan in the Playground

[Wenomir & KR's Room]

"It's a figure of speech, KR. You have locked a pair of world-destroying monsters in soul jars by yourself, haven't you?" Wenomir says.

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Ogre in the Playground

[Wenomir & KR's Room]

"Well, technically, I some help, but..." Starts KR, flustered. She points a finger accusingly. "You're exaggerating events to make me look better! I never asked to be a role model!"

She's not really angry, just surprised and slightly overwhelmed.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2013-06-18 at 10:55 AM.

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Titan in the Playground

[Wenomir & KR's Room]

Wenomir is doing his best not to be amused at KR's reaction.

"You know me better than that. I don't exaggerate. If only because I don't really have the imagination," he says. "I told her nothing but the truth. In fact, I downplayed a lot of it, since the details of our exploits aren't really the kind of thing you tell children. She took a different impression from it all than anyone expected."
    Last edited by Morty; 2013-06-18 at 12:31 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Troll in the Playground

[Kitchen]

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Mia nods.

"In a way, yes. I think I don't refere myself as a techpriest, but that's just a case of understanding." She replies with a smile. "Why so shocked?"
    "Not shocked, just somewhat surprised. Most techpriests are more heavily modified than you seem to be, and they are rare around this area from what I have observed," Shawna states.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Kitchen]

"More heavily modified?" Mia asks a bit confused. Then she looks up at the exoskellet.

"Oh! I_'m not modified in any way. This is just MDM, my devine fokus. But I can guess why techpriest doen't come here. To many things break and it's a pain."

It's funny. They both speak the same word, but have differetn understandings. Since Mia is a dnd based priest and Shawna obviously talks about Warhammer Techpriests.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

10. - Top - End - #1120
    Troll in the Playground

[Kitchen]

Indeed she does!
    "Well, so far I have yet to experience any breakage with my own components, so I suppose they are compatible with the energies here," she observes, now talking about decidedly non Warhammery stuff.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

11. - Top - End - #1121

[Kitchen]

Mia nods.

"This world seems to allow near everything, but I meant thinks that broke do to combat, apocalypse and so on. I joined here, to prevent such threats for Humans and for machines."

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Troll in the Playground

[Kitchen]

"Ah. I joined for much the same reason. As also it seemed to be the closest example to a law enforcement agency that I could find, that being my field of specialty," Shawna observes.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #1123

[Kitchen]

"Oh, I see. Would you mind telling me about your deity? I just want to make out in which ways your is different from mine so I don't step on your tows."

14. - Top - End - #1124
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Wenomir & KR's Room]

Wenomir is doing his best not to be amused at KR's reaction.

"You know me better than that. I don't exaggerate. If only because I don't really have the imagination," he says. "I told her nothing but the truth. In fact, I downplayed a lot of it, since the details of our exploits aren't really the kind of thing you tell children. She took a different impression from it all than anyone expected."
    [Wenomir & KR's Room]

"It's not funny." :/
    KR sees through your paltry ruse, Wenomir!

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Titan in the Playground

[Wenomir & KR's Room]

Wenomir sighs.

"I suppose it's not. Sorry. And I really was just a surprised as you are now."

He shrugs.

"Doesn't it feel good to know someone admires you, though?" he asks honestly.

16. - Top - End - #1126
    Troll in the Playground

[Kitchen]

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    "Oh, I see. Would you mind telling me about your deity? I just want to make out in which ways your is different from mine so I don't step on your tows."
    "I am not especially religious," Shawna admits. "Rather I try to uphold the principles of lawfulness."

Through subterfuge, if necessary.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Ogre in the Playground

[KR & Wenomir's Room]

"I guess." Says KR, looking slightly resigned.
    "I just don't consider what I do particularly admirable."

[Another Place, Another Time]

It was a cold day over Lake Selene. The sky was overcast, warm winds from the south blowing thick, heavy clouds up towards the north, but the basin itself was windless, the surface of the south side lake dark and smooth, like sheet of polished obsidian. To the east, on the shores of the lake, the pine forests stood still and silent, dark under the shadow of the mountains beyond, and to the north the lake's surface was whipped up into a frenzy, disturbed by the furious tumbling of Silver Falls, water spilling over the edge of the northern clifface in a turbulent white froth.

But the attack drone's destination was not to the east or directly north. It was to the north-west. To the smaller, yet still impressive Overlook Falls, and of course, the building hanging on a precipice out beside it; a single monolithic human presence among the rugged, undisturbed terrain all around it. WATCHTOWER.

The drone skimmed low across the surface of the lake, trailing a thin line of perfect ripples behind it as it hummed softly through the air, borne aloft on engines that glowed with a soft purple light. It was a streamlined construction: flat and roughly elliptical, painted a matte black and perfectly smooth from all angles, gliding silently through the air like a brick with a message sellotaped through it. Only in this case the message was bombs.

The drone reached the bottom of the cliff face, hovering for a moment before suddenly unfolding, its round perfectness broken by batlike wings and jet engines on swiveling mounts, rising rapidly through the air with an increasingly loud roar as twin gun mounts slowly emerge through the front of the drone, and a small, circular red light starts to slowly activate within, glowing dimly through the translucent black casing in the front.

Stealth broken, the drone is detected by the base scanners, and alarms start to sound from within, blaring shrilly through the corridors as the base defenses start to activate, a forcefield forming from the wall turrets and rising, curving upwards to envelope the entire base. But too late. With a shrill screaming noise, the attack drone comes rocketing upwards above the wall, flying over the rising forcefield into the courtyard as it looses a salvo of missiles towards the most vulnerable target: the wide, beautiful glass window of the library; such paltry defense against the four rockets which smash through it and explode within. That'll teach 'em. Screw books, right?
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2013-06-26 at 09:34 AM.

18. - Top - End - #1128
    Titan in the Playground

[KR & Wenomir's Room]

Wenomir shakes his head.

"I think you're selling yourself short. Either way, it makes sense if you look at it from her perspective. Honestly, I'm glad she realized there's more she can expect from life than back-breaking labour."

[Library]

As it happens, Wenomir was there when the rockets hit. His life was saved by his lightning-quick reflexes, which allowed him to put as much distance as possible and several rows of bookshelves between him and the explosion. As a result, when the dust settles, he's got away with a few cuts and bruises. Of course, he's still unarmed, which is why he makes his way through the carnage to what's left of the window.
    Last edited by Morty; 2013-06-26 at 03:30 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Orc in the Playground

[Lab Tower->Courtyard]

Predictably, missiles draw a lot of attention. Unpleasant attention. They're pretty loud, what with all the engine noises and explosions.

In this case the unpleasant attention is in the form of a psychic (who is actually here for once) flying out of the lab tower with a beam gun in hand. Needless to say DC isn't amused at this development and fires off a burst from said gun at the attack drone.

It's your standard energy-beam fare, really.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

20. - Top - End - #1130

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Kitchen]

"I am not especially religious," Shawna admits. "Rather I try to uphold the principles of lawfulness."

Through subterfuge, if necessary.
    [Kitchen]

"Oh."
    Mia says. "That sounds simular to me. Well. We still got to make out what lawful means." She says with a smile

21. - Top - End - #1131
    Ogre in the Playground

[Drone Attack]

The energy bolts mostly glance off the drone's casing, scoring and burning the drone's polymer shell, but not penetrating deeply or causing any significant damage. One bolt clips one of the jet engine housings, sending sparks flying and causing the the flames emerging from the engine to flicker before re-igniting, slightly smokier than before.

The drone swivels in midair to face DC, strafing sideways as the twin guns on the front spew rapid blaster fire at DC, spitting out bright green plasma bolts at withering speed. Wenomir might notice the arc of its flight taking it quickly closer towards the window he's standing in.

22. - Top - End - #1132
    Titan in the Playground

[Drone Attack]

Wenomir fixes his eyes on the drone and backs away through the rubble, grabbing a sturdy piece of a broken shelf on his way. Then he breaks into a run, reaches the window and leaps, a seemingly impossible jump carrying him precisely towards the flying drone.
    Last edited by Morty; 2013-06-29 at 09:23 AM.

23. - Top - End - #1133
    Orc in the Playground

[Drone Attack]

DC fairly predictably throws up a psychokinetic forcefield to block those bolts.

...And then he spots Wenomir jumping at it. Well. Might as well make sure the man doesn't kill himself. The psychic attempts to telekinetically grab the drone and keep it from moving in such a way that would result in Wenomir hitting the ground painfully.
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

24. - Top - End - #1134
    Ogre in the Playground

[Drone Attack]

DC grabs a hold of the drone telekinetically! And achieves... absolutely nothing. As soon as he tries to move it, the drone begins to vibrate slightly, internal gyroscopes activating to produce enough force to perfectly counteract the invisible forces DC is putting on it, so that no matter how he tries to move it, the drone seems to be practically immovable, resisting his telekinesis and maintaining a constant flightpath. Strange... who would think to include a technology such as that? Whoever sent this must have done their research, to be able to nullify his psychic abilities like that.

Well, okay, not completely nullify. Activating the gyroscopes caused the damaged engine to sputter slightly, causing the drone to dip a little in the air. This has the unfortunate consequence of causing Wenomir's precise jump to overshoot, and instead of landing squarely on the drone's (roughly the size of a VW Beetle) back, he'll more likely glance off the top, and unless he finds a way to cling on, and quickly, he'll probably slide over the other side and fall to the ground, as well.

Nice job, DC.

A panel on the side of the drone opens, and a small missile (much smaller than the ones used to blow up the library) on a mount slides out, before getting fired at DC!

25. - Top - End - #1135
    Titan in the Playground

[Drone Attack]

Wenomir on the drone's side, slides off the smooth surface, and tumbles down, swearing. Fortunately, he manages to grab one of the thing's wings, and heaves himself up, securing a footing on its back.
    Last edited by Morty; 2013-06-29 at 09:56 AM.

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Orc in the Playground

[Drone Attack]

Well, he seems to be fine anyway.

DC's counter to the missile involves launching a psychokinetic blast at it, the wave of force visible as a dark reddish blur flying through the air.

He would attack the drone, but, you know. Wenomir is on it. Don't want to shoot him or something. So he just aims, I suppose.
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

27. - Top - End - #1137
    Ogre in the Playground

Day After Jezzy's Imprisonment

Ronai frowns as he looks up at the gate and sniffs the air. He didn't much like being out of the cities, but he supposed he had to at this point. He knew that the chances of this working were slim, but he did agree to try and do this, so all he could do was shoulder his bag, adjust his collar so it didn't rub on his blue scaling and walk up to the door to knock on it. The Quarter-Dragon looked around as he waited, analyzing everything he could see with a meticulous eye for detail.

Some Other Day

A man wearing a long white labcoat walks past the gate, a doctor's bag in one hand. His stride is sure and he looks wiry and strong under his clothing. The man himself is rather plain looking with dry light brown hair and a plain face. He has a small strange smile to his face and he hums merrily as he walks up to the door to give it a knock. As he waits, he holds his bag behind his back with both hands and rocks back and forth on the balls of his feet, still humming.
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2013-06-30 at 12:46 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1138
    Titan in the Playground

[Some Other Day]

Wenomir's plotclone opens the door for the newcomer.

"How can Watchtower help you?" he asks curtly.

29. - Top - End - #1139
    Ogre in the Playground

Some Other Day

The man smiles and offers one of his hands, the other dropping to his side with his bag. "My name is Doctor Horatio Jones, but you can just call me Dr. Cutter. I'm here to join and offer my services."

30. - Top - End - #1140
    Titan in the Playground

[Some Other Day]

A doctor, huh? For some reason, no other medical specialist has ever stayed long in Watch. Third time the charm, maybe?

"A doctor?" Wenomir asks, shaking Cutter's hand. "We could use one here, I suppose. We're going to put you through a test first, tough."