New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Clarification with Mindbender/Mindsight

Hello all !

First post so bare with me.

I am currently running a Bard focusing on IC (Inspire Courage)

I am only 5th level, about to be 6th. I took Song of the heart and got inspirational boost and a badge of valor making my IC go to +4.

With all that in mind, as I progress I would like to keep boosting IC however I can.

My first question is how can i do that through items and prestige classes ?

My second question is in regards to the feat mindsight and the prestige Mindbender. I know Mindbender is a 1 level dip, but I had a question. When I turn lvl 6 I can choose to become a mindbender, but will i be allowed to take the mindsight feat with my 6th level extra feat or would I have to wait until my next opportunity to gain a feat ?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Clarification with Mindbender/Mindsight

For your first question it depends partially on your alignment. If you're Good with a capital G then you can take Words of Creation from the Book of Exalted Deeds, which will double your inspire courage. Now this may only double your bonus from class, so consult with your DM, but it's pretty great, especially once you get to your 8th level of bardic music.

For the second question I believe the progression of picking things is the same as the way they're ordered in the Player's Handbook, so class then skills then feats. So you should be able to get Mindsight at your first level of Mindbender.
    Shapperdash, movie reviews amongst other things.
    Natural 1, a tale of critical failures
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Aquillion View Post
    If you're ever in a situation where you can't survive, go for the broke and fill all of creation with chickens. Just imagine the reaction of people halfway around the world when every square inch of space in their world is suddenly and completely full of chickens.
    Homebrew
    1st in Iron Chef XXXIV with a Warforged bard